• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I'll change avatars every one or two months or so. Helps keeps things interesting. I do like to point out when I change my avatar though.

I like to hang on to a specific avatar because I know, for me, it's easier to recognize people with that visual cue.

^ This.

I also use it as a representation of what I would like to be and tend to see people's avatar in this way too. If the eyes are the mirror of the soul, then the avatar is the mirror of the wanna-have soul.

But iti will take me more than 2 weeks to catch up anyway. Because I watch 2 episode/day (except weekend) and I still have 5 Jojo ep late + I'm following Senran Kagura.

So basically it will be 1ep + Jojo/Senran day. So I wouldn't have to wait.

But anyway, 1 School Days - Girls und Panzer 0.

First to 5 ^^
Well, we actually don't know exactly when the last two episodes are going to air yet.
I'm way too fickle when it comes to avatars. I'm not very recognized on this forum as a result but whatevs~

I liked it back when you had a theme going.

OceanBlue

Honestly, I'm surprised that anyone keeps track of anyone else's avatar habits. Maybe it's because I almost never post outside of this thread, but I've never felt the need to maintain a particular visual association with my posts.

This is how I feel too. I was actually really surprised on the "importance" (I can't find the right word) placed on avatars around here.

I'm also really fickle with my avatars. Usually I just change my avatar to something I liked at the time. I might go back to visual novel and light novel avatars after Tamako Market unless OreImo convinces me to go with Kuroneko avatars for a season.

Dead

well not really...yet
I went through alot of anime watching phases.

- The its anime so I'll watch it whatever it is, phase (late 90's early 2000's)
- I'll try everything, read recommendations and watch those phase (mid to late 2000's)
- The monocle phase (AnimeGaf time)
Im at the phase where I prejudge everything without watching, and having shit character designs is enough for me to never give a show a chance

is that monocle phase or what?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You're not the one who has to read your posts, so that's to be expected. For everyone else, though, the continual loss of visual cues is pretty jarring.

And I want to read your posts! Killing the avatar makes it harder to spot.

If it's genuinely disruptive to other people, I'm considerate enough to change my ways. I hope everybody likes Honoka because I guess she's here at least until I complete Max Heart.

And c'mon man, I don't write much worth reading anymore :lol You saw how much "effort" I put into my SuperS marathon posts!

Choosing an avatar is just as important as your MMO character name. For the purposes of here though, isn't there the added dimension of advertising what your watching or currently ranking positively? (As an aside; NeoGAF saves all your past avatars.)

I used to be crippled with indecision when creating forum or game character names, but I'm the complete opposite now. It's a wonder that I didn't just register on GAF as a meaningless string of letters and numbers, but I didn't want whoever was in charge of account approvals to think that I was a bot.

Sometimes I think I should request a username change because a.) having a Bebop reference for a username makes me feel like a tryhard and b.) I ended up pigeonholing myself as a mahou shoujo addict, which is completely at odds with the name.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Im at the phase where I prejudge everything without watching, and having shit character designs is enough for me to never give a show a chance

That's like sitting in the balcony at the opera but watching through the wrong ends of your opera glasses so everything appears really tiny instead of magnified phase.

zeroshiki

Well, I'm not the judge of everything but I guess that qualifies as monocle in cosmicblizzard's definition.

Risette

A Good Citizen
If it's genuinely disruptive to other people, I'm considerate enough to change my ways. I hope everybody likes Honoka because I guess she's here at least until I complete Max Heart.

And c'mon man, I don't write much worth reading anymore :lol You saw how much "effort" I put into my SuperS marathon posts!

I used to be crippled with indecision when creating forum or game character names, but I'm the complete opposite now. It's a wonder that I didn't just register on GAF as a meaningless string of letters and numbers, but I didn't want whoever was in charge of account approvals to think that I was a bot.

Sometimes I think I should request a username change because a.) having a Bebop reference for a username makes me feel like a tryhard and b.) I ended up pigeonholing myself as a mahou shoujo addict, which is completely at odds with the name.
But the Bebop reference is a reference to something else!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But the Bebop reference is a reference to something else!

I was like fifteen when I started using this handle on the internet, k? I know better now, but it's special to me.
and I still never watched Pierrot le Fou even when you told me to like a year ago.

Is winter usually like this?

From an non-AnimeGAF standpoint (since I wasn't here), I'd say it was better last year.

winter-anime-v5-1-dec21-byday1.jpg

Nobody knows the wonders of Inu x Boku like I do.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I was like fifteen when I started using this handle on the internet, k? I know better now, but it's special to me.
and I still never watched Pierrot le Fou even when you told me to like a year ago.
You should get around to that. It's pretty cool.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Well, I think you're a good guy and all, and that makes it worth reading. :/

duckroll

Speaking of monocles and so on...

Tomorow I'll finish Diebuster. Should I go for Girls und panzer or School Days first as replacement?

Watch School Days. If you haven't started Girls und Panzer by now, you might as well wait another month so you can watch the complete first season instead of ending on a stupid cliffhanger. :)

Theonik

I thought that was the "writing doesn't matter" phase.
All about direction bro.
Ideally, everything matters to an extent really, great anime usually are proficient in every area with certain areas being exceptionally good. Bad direction however usually invalidates anything else being good, ie the best writing in the world doesn't mean anything if I can't understand what's going on.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
From an non-AnimeGAF standpoint (since I wasn't here), I'd say it was better last year.

Nobody knows the wonders of Inu x Boku like I do.

We'd already be to Okeanos if AnimeGAF was a big last Winter as it is this Winter. I mean, come on, we had:

• Kanna vs. Ichika warz
  • initial speculation and then endless laughs over Another spiraling into absurdity
  • PapaKiki making people really uncomfortable
  • Amagami SS+ waifu wars
  • BRS. Just........BRS.
  • ABF making ten-thousand word posts about Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Nisemonogatari meltdowns
  • MARU

It was an incredibly lively season, just among fewer people.

Branduil

Why do you say that? Mad Pierrot would likely enjoy kids shows.

We'd already be to Okeanos if AnimeGAF was a big last Winter as it is this Winter. I mean, come on, we had:

• Kanna vs. Ichika warz
  • initial speculation and then endless laughs over Another spiraling into absurdity
  • PapaKiki making people really uncomfortable
  • Amagami SS+ waifu wars
  • BRS. Just........BRS.
  • ABF making ten-thousand word posts about Bodacious Space Pirates
  • Nisemonogatari meltdowns
  • MARU

It was an incredibly lively season, just among fewer people.

Kanna was robbed! Ichika a SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
That was a fun season on /a/ anyways. Another isn't nearly as "good" unless you watched it with a community while it was airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom