• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Other M > Prime 3

ibp8uHjXr63meS.gif

zeroshiki

Which reminds me, I wonder if the ice cream bit sounds super lame for English speakers but maybe its not as bad if you're Japanese and grew up with only rudimentary English ability? ヽ(´ー`)┌

Branduil

Prime Hunters > Prime 3
Prime Pinball > Prime 3

Now you're just taking the piss.

Prime Pinball is fun though.

Which reminds me, I wonder if the ice cream bit sounds super lame for English speakers but maybe its not as bad if you're Japanese and grew up with only rudimentary English ability? ヽ(´ー`)┌

I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream.

I didn't hate Other M. Didn't love it either though. The Metroid Prime games are definitely better designed, but I'm not a huge first person fan despite finishing all 3.

wonzo

Banned
I don't really like the Prime games at all but I'd take another one of those over another Other M.

Encouragement of Climb 9

yamasusu9.jpg

Just as charming as ever. The background art with Mt Fuji was breathtaking and seemed somewhat out-of-place with the characters complaining about the anti-climactic nature of reaching the summit. New character looks like yet another good addition to the rather small cast thus far.

cajunator

Banned
Can we talk about soundtracks instead?

Somebody recommend a good anime OST - preferably orchestrated and/or moody.

Sora no Woto
Chihayafuru
Haibane Renmei
Twelve Kingdoms
Allison and Lillia
Escaflowne
Eureka Seven
Fate zero
Kara no Kyoukai
Noir
Elemental Gelade

Man zeroshiki and pizzaroll you guys need to take a timeout or take it to PM before duckroll gets fed up with your kindergarten argument.

I wonder why Hyouka still isn't licensed.

Because nobody wants it :D

zeroshiki

That rhyme is the reason I instantly knew what the title meant as soon as I heard what Hyouka translated to.

Maybe I've been too inundated with bad Engrish and/or refused to believe it but I totally didn't get that "ice cream = I scream" during the whole thing. It was like my brain couldn't accept that it could possibly be that stupid.

Narag

Arashi no Yoru ni 22

g52ck18l.jpg

C1Ggt0Al.jpg

Mei & Gabu run a behavioural control experiment that would make even the hardened conspiracy theorist look twice.

Actually the ep ends up a bit on the dramatic side as its become increasingly difficult for Mei & Gabu to hide their friendship. In fact, Mei had a hard bit of growing up to do this ep as she was forced to confront the natural order of things rather than treating it as a problem to be solved. I just wanted something simple to watch tonight, didn't expect this kind of show to be setting up for some final resolution to things. Episode's ending cliffhanger looks to complicate the hell out of everything and the preview confirms that. What the hell? I didn't sign up for this, firehawk!

Jintor

This comes recommended? I've seen the title in the past, but only recently have I seen (or maybe paid attention to) people praising it.

It's 3 minutes long p/episode right? That's short enough that it doesn't really matter to me since the time investment is so low.

How do I watch this? Am I gonna have to VPN this shit?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's 3 minutes long p/episode right? That's short enough that it doesn't really matter to me since the time investment is so low.

How do I watch this? Am I gonna have to VPN this shit?
Uh, do you have access to Crunchyroll?

Dresden

senyuu - 08

This show is so stupid and it keeps getting more and more charming. Maybe the two are related.

I'd take a full-length tv show that's more like the badass OP though.

---

yama no susume - 09

As nice as the succession of backgrounds atop the mt. were, I miss the random displays of mountaineering gadgetry from the earlier episodes. Still the future of anime.

Branduil

In this case they shouldn't translate it since it ruins part of the story.

"The Classics Club" would be an acceptable localization since the series of books is called Kotenbu.

duckroll

They should also steal all the artwork from the second ED to use on the box cover. It might actually have a positive marketing effect!

wonzo

Banned
This comes recommended? I've seen the title in the past, but only recently have I seen (or maybe paid attention to) people praising it.
It's without a doubt the best short series this season and one of the very few things worth checking out in general. Plus, it's less than 4 minutes an episode so you can't go wrong with giving it a shot. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom