• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

But season two wasn't all yuri either. It sucked because it started to focus on the stupid space politics that nobody ever gave a shit about.

Stupid space politics in general is bad and I feel that in the medium of anime we largely have the Gundam franchise to blame for making it such a common trope. Stupid space politics is generally used to give a (false) impression that a show has some kind of serious, well thought out and adult storyline because if you have politics then you automatically have gravitas, right? Of course, it's usually nothing but smoke.

PSYCHO-PASS 02
i don't know why i didn't watch the 2nd episode when it was aired.Now i'm watching it and i feel like i should have .....

Maybe i waited because there was the possibility of watching several episodes at once whithout the 1 week wait ? Who knows.

Psycho-Pass%20-%2002.jpg

Not convinced

The Sibyl system by what i saw in episode 2 seems to work , yet seems incredibly flawed. Sure i understand preventing crime , but going as far as deciding what people should do in life ? That's seems so dull and unintresting ..you bet there are still people that have their mood going cloudy or dark in those cases ... Heck i'm sure there would have been countless occasion for me to go over the edge ( in my head at least ).

However i do like the technology in place in other means of life .. I'm sure if that's because our heroine is in high place in society , but changing clothes with a clic and the holographics maid system are intresting things that i can get behind Not to mention the calcul of calories and the choice of meals integrated..

Off to the next episode !

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Finally caught up on Chihayafuru S2. good lord it's fantastic beyond my ability to express.

Now to catch up on the rest of the season
aZI2ANN.png

Jex

I find Kyougokudou as a character to be rather irritating. It's one thing for the author to self-insert - but another thing entirely to actually self-insert himself with his own name into the story, and then proceed to essentially lecture the audience on how much he knows about folklore and spirits etc. I get that the concepts of mouryou etc. need explaining to us - but it's like watching a textbook at times.

I understand from some light research (a.k.a. Wikipedia) that his name isn't actually Kyougokudou, that's actually the name of the shop and Seriguchi just refers to him by that name for other reasons. Of course, that's really just splitting hairs but it's worth pointing out.

At the very least there's usually a distinct reason behind why he's explaining something and the manner in which he controls and manipulates conversations is fairly interesting. I think it would be a far bigger problem if he was the central character of the text, but luckily he's just there (at the moment) to relay information and interact with actually interesting characters.

Not like there's much to talk about for the Weekly Sales Rankings for February 11-17, but here:

Blu-ray
*2, 1,090 27,689 Code Geass: Akito the Exiled vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, *,701 28,194 Girls und Panzer vol.1
*4, *,668 *4,447 K vol.5
*5, *,613 *4,258 Magi vol.2 Limited Edition
*6, *,611 17,108 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vol.1 Limited Edition
*8, *,422 *7,607 Tari Tari vol.6
10, *,366 28,871 Sword Art Online vol.4 Limited Edition

It would be cool to see Girls und Panzer to break 30,000, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Hopefully this means season 2 is coming, after they finish the first season. lol

Maedhros

It's incredible how Nichijou gifs are better than the whole show. I keep seeing them everywhere and they are really cool to look at.

BluWacky

I understand from some light research (a.k.a. Wikipedia) that his name isn't actually Kyougokudou, that's actually the name of the shop and Seriguchi just refers to him by that name for other reasons. Of course, that's really just splitting hairs but it's worth pointing out.

Indeed - I can't remember his first name but his surname's Chuzenji, he's Atsuko's brother after all. But it's still remarkably narcissistic of Natsuhiko Kyougoku to give the character that knows everything his own name as a nickname :p

At the very least there's usually a distinct reason behind why he's explaining something and the manner in which he controls and manipulates conversations is fairly interesting. I think it would be a far bigger problem if he was the central character of the text, but luckily he's just there (at the moment) to relay information and interact with actually interesting characters.

My perception of Kyougokudou is coloured by having read some of the first novel in the series this comes from, as I've probably mentioned before. That opens with Sekiguchi as the point of view character and almost immediately leaps into Kyougokudou lecturing him about the mysteries of the myth of the ubume and its psychological explanation. It's a bit of a slog in written form, even in English...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Stupid space politics in general is bad and I feel that in the medium of anime we largely have the Gundam franchise to blame for making it such a common trope. Stupid space politics is generally used to give a (false) impression that a show has some kind of serious, well thought out and adult storyline because if you have politics then you automatically have gravitas, right? Of course, it's usually nothing but smoke.
Lagrange's major sin was its lack of identity more than trying to come up with a serious storyline at the last moment. I never could truly tell what kind of show it was trying to be: fanservice SDBurton slice of life? Super robot mecha show? Legend of the Galactic Heroes for dummies? Maybe it's possible to combine all these elements into something watchable, but each part of the show felt disconnected with the rest.

Ultimadrago

Wow... peple like Hosoda's style (it's the guy that directed that episode of TTGL, right?)? I thought they were the same. Consider I'm talking about the guy who directed OP Movie 6 and Digimon OWG.

I always knew this thread was full of bad taste, but... that's too much. Shit is gross... OP Movie 6 strenghts aren't on the art, that's for sure. OWG looks like shite too, compared to the main series. Never watched Summer Wars.

This poster oozes with credibility.

sarcmark-005maquy.jpg

Jex

My perception of Kyougokudou is coloured by having read some of the first novel in the series this comes from, as I've probably mentioned before. That opens with Sekiguchi as the point of view character and almost immediately leaps into Kyougokudou lecturing him about the mysteries of the myth of the ubume and its psychological explanation. It's a bit of a slog in written form, even in English...

Well I won't disagree with you there. Sekiguchi even comments about how excessive and forceful Kyougokudou's speeches are and he even appears to feel threatened by Kyougokudou's intelligence. Which is weird because Sekiguchi feels like the real author insert - struggling with deadlines and storylines and in general having a hard time of it. He's far more insecure and weak than Kyougokudou as well. It's odd.

Maedhros

It would be cool to see Girls und Panzer to break 30,000, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Hopefully this means season 2 is coming, after they finish the first season. lol

I'm sure we'll be getting. It's a pretty great show. I was really surprised by how good it was when I started watching (not in the first episode though).

hahaha, that's really funny.

sarcmark-005maquy.jpg

faridmon

Oh, yes! And so much time spent tweaking the teams stats to the sound of 'More' by The Crystal Method (I think I still can hear it very lowly inside my head, anytime). Last game from the genre I played was FIFA 99 (that I also loved; fast as heck and direct play style with a lot of tricks to do... and magnificent "El Moro" Morientes on the cover!), and since then practically nothing else.
You ought to pay the newer FIFA games. They are more realsitic, but the flexibility on how to change the game is soo immense.

Zuru Zuru Ball - 119

Hi, I'm Kobayashi.
LOL @
middle of the episode recap and endind with the Dragon Ball music
Hamekusei was fast.
It was Sugita doing Zell's voice, right? Right?!
Next time on Zuru Zuru Ball.

PSYCHO-PASS 03
Psycho-Pass%20-%2003.jpg

My sarcasm metter exploded from over mesurement.

The sibyl system is so deeply flawed it's incredible.

This is all.

NO it's not all ... Episode 3 featured so nice action and a keen attention to detail ..it was great..

Steroyd

Puchimas - 37

oS7pVs3.gif

Surely it can't be a coincidence that when Cajunator brings attention to Miki's hair colour change does Miki's puchimas hair colour change to. Hmmm...

Seitokai Yakuindono - OVA 5

Seriously... make a season 2, they're going to make a season's worth of OVA's aren't they?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rinne no Lagrange 1

So, aside from my stated complaint, I thought this looked to be a pretty promising show. It obviously has NO compunctions with showing me Madoka's butt, having pants the girl like, four times in one episode (once by her own sister?), but I like the cut of Madoka's jib. She's an upbeat character, and hopefully I don't have to listen to her scream every twenty seconds the way Flit, Asemu, and Kio did. She seems hotblooded, even. The show seems to have a very light hearted feel, and where Rah Xephon sits on its ass posturing pretentiously in the hopes of being the next Evangelion, Rinne seems to basically flip off the idea of explanations to instead, you know, tell a story.

Safe to say that it is the best not- MSG mecha I'm watching atm.

We in there! Glad you're watching it!

Touka was the best thing about Chu2.

That's not how you spell Nibutani, nor Deko for that matter.

=======================================

Senran Kagura - 07

6qbetyS.png

*crossing fingers*

Daidouji has some amazing abs. Swoooooon~

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought sarcasm was represented by (!) at the end of a sentence. At least that's how it is done in subtitles. Also it's easy to type on a standard keyboard.

Lagrange's major sin was its lack of identity more than trying to come up with a serious storyline at the last moment. I never could truly tell what kind of show it was trying to be: fanservice SDBurton slice of life? Super robot mecha show? Legend of the Galactic Heroes for dummies? Maybe it's possible to combine all these elements into something watchable, but each part of the show felt disconnected with the rest.

Yep, that's pretty much it. The show had potential but all the disparate parts never really worked together.

cajunator

Banned
Puchimas - 37

oS7pVs3.gif

Surely it can't be a coincidence that when Cajunator brings attention to Miki's hair colour change does Miki's puchimas hair colour change to. Hmmm...

Seitokai Yakuindono - OVA 5

Seriously... make a season 2, they're going to make a season's worth of OVA's aren't they?

Upgrade.

Branduil

Wow... peple like Hosoda's style (it's the guy that directed that episode of TTGL, right?)? I thought they were the same. Consider I'm talking about the guy who directed OP Movie 6 and Digimon OWG.

I always knew this thread was full of bad taste, but... that's too much. Shit is gross... OP Movie 6 strenghts aren't on the art, that's for sure. OWG looks like shite too, compared to the main series. Never watched Summer Wars.

Hi otaking.

Gintama 3-17

I don't think I've heard the word konoyaro said this many times in any other show combined. The comedy has been good so far, mostly because Kagura's interactions with anyone are hilarious. How long until I get to the always awesome Yuu Kobayashi character?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't get your hopes up everyone. :lol

In other news, switched my avy to support this season's Precure OTP.

Moonlight

Banned

Are you serious?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thanks Ultimadrago.

That shading image has to be a troll image right. Otherwise it makes me ashamed to be British.

And as for Elfen Lied. I'd feel so bad about recommending that tripe to anyone that I'd feel less guilty recommending you to watch School Days instead.

Maedhros

Care to elaborate a bit? Thanks. :D

The story is a mess, the characters are really stupid, you can't really watch it without raging from minute to minute.

Unless you can enjoy the gorefest shutting off your brain, Elfen Lied isn't really recomended to anyone.

The manga is even worse.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To School Days credit, the ending delivered. Whereas Elfen Lied ended with
lol you killed my family but that's ok :D

Valygar

Gintama 3-17

I don't think I've heard the word konoyaro said this many times in any other show combined. The comedy has been good so far, mostly because Kagura's interactions with anyone are hilarious. How long until I get to the always awesome Yuu Kobayashi character?

22. I'm watching Gintama now as well, I got to the 60 something. Amazing nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom