• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sakurasou 18:

You know what bothers me about how this is being played? It's obvious Sorata and Aoyama are massively crushing on one another with Mashiro as the 3rd wheel trying to be a part of Sorata's life, and yet you KNOW that some sort of contrived BS is going to make it so that Sorata x Aoyama is completely impossible to facilitate Mashiro swooping in. What's worse is that Sorata will suddenly be in love with her which will come across as total and complete bullshit and forced.

Also, more stupid Jin x Misaki doramas. Jin's character's done such a 180 from the beginning of the show it feels completely preposterous. Though watching Sorata get
the shit beat out of him was fun to watch. He's been such a super git lately he deserves it too.
Lately everyone minus Aoyama's been a total git.
Come on bro... Mashiro is the canon OTP. The teacher has more of a chance than Aoyama. lol

Narag

Gundam AGE 27

Oh man, the girl mechanic was a good choice to kill off. Not that she was a bad character but because she was so likeable. True dead eye moe.
Flit's such a fucking lunatic too. I think he was actually mad Asemu had a chance to be the hero.
Asemu & Zeheart making peace with one another made this arc so worthwhile.

Colony Drop defending SAO from firehawk's evil and verbal abuse.
Truly the saviors of anime culture.

edit: just noticed the "and the sad humanity exhibited exhibited in shows like..."

You gotta polish your posts before they inevitably get immortalized on animeSOS, firehawk.

Just realized

"You got to polish your posts before their inevitable exhibition on AnimeSOS, firehawk"

would have made for a far better edit.

Gundam AGE 27

Oh man, the girl mechanic was a good choice to kill off. Not that she was a bad character but because she was so likeable. True dead eye moe.
Flit's such a fucking lunatic too. I think he was actually mad Asemu had a chance to be the hero.

Now i'm sure of it ..you went with so low expectations and you're watching from so far away from the screen that you dodge every attempt by the show of being bad..

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou 18:

You know what bothers me about how this is being played? It's obvious Sorata and Aoyama are massively crushing on one another with Mashiro as the 3rd wheel trying to be a part of Sorata's life, and yet you KNOW that some sort of contrived BS is going to make it so that Sorata x Aoyama is completely impossible to facilitate Mashiro swooping in. What's worse is that Sorata will suddenly be in love with her which will come across as total and complete bullshit and forced.

I think you have it the other way around. Mashiro will be the victor.

Narag

Now i'm sur eof it ..you went with so low expectations and you're watched from so far away from the screen that you doge every attempt by the show of being bad..

Nah, second arc is good stuff. Pacing at the beginning is ridiculous but it finds itself shortly after arriving on the Diva. If anything, watching with the idea of Flit being a crazed warmonger pushing his agenda on everyone might have affected how I perceive stuff. I won't lie that I did go in expecting something awful so a lot of this is a pleasant surprise.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 7 ~ 9: First training tournament had begun. An honorable 2nd place for the hero is likely. I like this show, though I'm still not sure why exactly.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Come on bro... Mashiro is the canon OTP. The teacher has more of a chance than Aoyama. lol

I think you have it the other way around. Mashiro will be the victor.

I... think I'm being misinterpreted. I wasn't disputing that. I'm saying it's not actually being set up in that manner. Unlike, say, Ano Natsu where the OTP was actually OTP and there wasn't any setup for osananajimi having a chance, this is being set up the wrong way. It's like Aoyama and Mashiro got their character sheets mixed up. Up until Episode 12 I actually liked Mashiro more than Aoyama but Mashiro's become such a one dimensional character that her constant attempts to be with Sorata are less endearing and more pathetic. Then again Sorata's become completely one dimensional as well so maybe they deserve each other lol.

Branduil

Pairings killed anime.

ibrucR2Rrzf3pz.jpg

Gundam AGE 27

Yeah the moechanic was a completely useless character. A love interest for a secondary character, that goes on for a couple of episodes and started for no reason whatsoever? Her death was really stupid as well.
. Also Flit wants Asemu as a pawn for his evil genocide plot. He doesn't care what Asemu does as long as he does as Flit tells him to.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 7 ~ 9: First training tournament had begun. An honorable 2nd place for the hero is likely. I like this show, though I'm still not sure why exactly.

I should get round to watching this soon as a friend of mine really wants me to watch it. Glad you're enjoying it for whatever reason that may be.

Narag

Gundam AGE 28

STLTMJ0l.jpg

AGE-2 with the G-Bouncer color scheme is some hot stuff. Only thing that would be sexier is the Titans color scheme.

y3U8oEBl.png

Damn, feels good to be right.

I'm surprised Romary ended up with Asemu given she went to space chasing Zeheart.
Grats on that silver medal! Also dat (expected) heel turn.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And if you get me to spell my name backwards I have to leave this dimension again.
Does the universe implode?

I... think I'm being misinterpreted. I wasn't disputing that. I'm saying it's not actually being set up in that manner. Unlike, say, Ano Natsu where the OTP was actually OTP and there wasn't any setup for osananajimi having a chance, this is being set up the wrong way. It's like Aoyama and Mashiro got their character sheets mixed up. Up until Episode 12 I actually liked Mashiro more than Aoyama but Mashiro's become such a one dimensional character that her constant attempts to be with Sorata are less endearing and more pathetic. Then again Sorata's become completely one dimensional as well so maybe they deserve each other lol.
Well, Mashiro was always a plot device. This is exactly like what happened in Toradora though, with the canon pairing being kept apart via artificial circumstances, but at least Toradora had the grace to have the characters confess to each other (even if in the most obtuse way possible) and have it stick.

It's just that Aoyama gets to have her crappy tsundere act that she gets more attention than the kuudere/emotionless Mashiro.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 35

This was a really good episode. I mean, as soon as Sleigher x Mirai began I knew he was doomed to be Mu La Flaga's inspiration. It seems Mirai isn't getting anywhere
with love
. Good to see the Big Zom put up a good fight. Something I really like about this show over, say, MSGS and MSGA is that faces are somehow very expressive. Hard to say how, but they seem to display emotions better than the horrible jello faces of MSGS and the awful awful awful of Mobile Suit Gundam awful.

Narag

He doesn't care what Asemu does as long as he does as Flit tells him to.

It sucks because it seems like the seed of his crazy was planted in the first arc and didn't bloom until the second. In-between, it seems like they weren't such a dysfunctional father/son:

Those screens are actually sort of depressing as there's no happy moments between them when they're both older.

yami4ct

Gundam AGE 28

I'm surprised Romary ended up with Asemu given she went to space chasing Zeheart.
Grats on that silver medal! Also dat (expected) heel turn.

You are approaching a massive cliff. You have an opportunity to pull out now. You don't have to do this man. You don't have to sacrifice yourself.

Well, Part 3 has some good points. AGE-3 and anything derived from it are pretty nice looking suits and AGE-2 Dark Hound is quite awesome as well.

Narag

You are approaching a massive cliff. You have an opportunity to pull out now. You don't have to do this man. You don't have to sacrifice yourself.

Well, Part 3 has some good points. AGE-3 and anything derived from it are pretty nice looking suits and AGE-2 Dark Hound is quite awesome as well.

I came this far etc.

Senran Kagura 7

Not the :SDBurton I was looking for, but still some fun stuff with the "hiking" expedition.

Yagyuu and Hibari are so cute together. Best pair until something else comes along preferably involving Ikaruga.

yami4ct

Mobile Suit Gundam 35

This was a really good episode. I mean, as soon as Sleigher x Mirai began I knew he was doomed to be Mu La Flaga's inspiration. It seems Mirai isn't getting anywhere
with love
. Good to see the Big Zom put up a good fight. Something I really like about this show over, say, MSGS and MSGA is that faces are somehow very expressive. Hard to say how, but they seem to display emotions better than the horrible jello faces of MSGS and the awful awful awful of Mobile Suit Gundam awful.

Man, knowing what's coming makes reading some of your posts infuriating, haha. I want to say and talk about so much. You'll get to the point where we can have a real MSG discussion soon, and I cannot wait.

So... I regret to inform you people that I will not be active in this thread. I just have a lot of life stuff going on and it'll be difficult to post as often as I have and enjoy yall's company. I have a lot to get sorted out and while I want to have fun hanging out with yall there are other things I must tend to. So... yeah. I know it's stupid and if yall don't make it to OT4 now or next season feel free to blame me. lol. See you around!

Best wishes to you, kayos!

cajunator

Banned
Senran Kagura 7

Not the :SDBurton I was looking for, but still some fun stuff with the "hiking" expedition.

Yagyuu and Hibari are so cute together. Best pair until something else comes along preferably involving Ikaruga.

This is the show with the catgirl that summons a jet from her dress right?

So... I regret to inform you people that I will not be active in this thread. I just have a lot of life stuff going on and it'll be difficult to post as often as I have and enjoy yall's company. I have a lot to get sorted out and while I want to have fun hanging out with yall there are other things I must tend to. So... yeah. I know it's stupid and if yall don't make it to OT4 now or next season feel free to blame me. lol. See you around!

Does this mean we can't use :kayos anymore?

More seriouly, take care of yourself. And I hope you'll be able to come back to us soon.

yami4ct

Dang, no Kayos for a while. Who am I going to fake argue with now?

Seriously, man, good luck with whatever's going on. Hope you can get it over with and get yourself back to normal in a fairly quick time.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, Mashiro was always a plot device. This is exactly like what happened in Toradora though, with the canon pairing being kept apart via artificial circumstances, but at least Toradora had the grace to have the characters confess to each other (even if in the most obtuse way possible) and have it stick.

It's just that Aoyama gets to have her crappy tsundere act that she gets more attention than the kuudere/emotionless Mashiro.

I suppose that is the case, but then again I apparently have no soul as ToraDora didn't do it for me and not even watching Heartcatch will mend my relationship with Regulus as a result. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom