• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

The song in the Polar Bear Cafe OP is really good. Please tell me they don't change it up.

Well I don't think they'll use the same one for 50 episodes.

Nodame Cantabile 8

The concerts really are one of the best things in the drama. They are always so epic...

Hunter x Hunter 72
tumblr_mk60vmWHCk1s6c6t3o1_r1_500.gif

The training was really interesting, hope it means nen beams? I still really want them.
The game of tag with accompany was so silly. That had to be annoying to do that 40+ times. Whats most interesting is whats happening outside the game. Do wonder if Bomber did something to Mr. Battera. Oh wait, if the characters needed a legit way to get into the game, maybe he was attacked by someone and put under nen, the Phantom Troupe?

duckroll

I thought Magi was ongoing wasn't it? They could have always just followed the manga and hoped for more episodes later too I guess but that was obviously not what they had planned.

But it's exactly what they're planning. Maybe you didn't read my post? This isn't going to be an "original ending to wrap everything up". This is just an "original" way of wrapping up the same arc the manga had except with anime garbage which is worse than the manga in every way. They're fitting in all the plot details which they would need for the characters if they continue with another season, but in different ways because they don't have the time at the end to conclude the arc in the same way as the manga.

This is a garbage adaptation. Stop making up bullshit excuses for it!

survivor

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 4

I'm willing to forgive Panda for not knowing what a smartphone is cause well he is a panda and he is dumb, but how does Sasako know nothing about smartphones?

Polar Bar is a douche for annoying minimum wage Hamburger employees.

Kurita

Polar Bear Cafe 4

I'm willing to forgive Panda for not knowing what a smartphone is cause well he is a panda and he is dumb, but how does Sasako know nothing about smartphones?

Polar Bar is a douche for annoying minimum wage Hamburger employees.

I watched this episode this morning, I agree on the Sasako thing. She really seems to be dumb tbh.

Guys, serisouly, Kuroko is no Slam Dunk.

jbug617

Banned
Wow Kuroko won an award. I really like the anime and manga. While it's not realistic basketball the characters are very good and the games are very high paced.

Theonik

Why does HxH look like Precure now?
HeartCatch x Hunter PreCure needs to happen now.

But it's exactly what they're planning. Maybe you didn't read my post? This isn't going to be an "original ending to wrap everything up". This is just an "original" way of wrapping up the same arc the manga had except with anime garbage which is worse than the manga in every way. They're fitting in all the plot details which they would need for the characters if they continue with another season, but in different ways because they don't have the time at the end to conclude the arc in the same way as the manga.

This is a garbage adaptation. Stop making up bullshit excuses for it!
As I said, I'm not defending it, it's pretty crap! And I didn't read your post no, I take that back then, they have literally no excuse for this shit.

duckroll

Wait , what ? what precure show are you talking about ? Most precure show actually change the way they handle the characters ( looks ) so i'm unsure on what you're making your statement from ?

I dunno they all look the same to me. Girls with ridiculous hair in large dresses with simple colors fighting evil.

Nafe

Robitics;Notes end

Good if not super cliche ending. Not amazing or anything, but some neat stuff happened. Did we ever find out why
monopoles were falling from the sky?

So was this show worth it? I don't know. I mean, shit did get real, but more often than not, it was only temporary. That doesn't mean the series didn't have some incredibly high points like the masterfully executed end to episode 16, but those were very rare.

After the expectations set by Steins;Gate, this very clearly failed to deliver. On the other hand, I would not have checked this out or stuck with it without experiencing its spiritual predecessor, which also had a slow and shaky beginning. I really have no clue if I'm glad I experienced this middling series or if I'm unhappy I didn't spend my time doing something else.

And so ends another better than normal Noitamina block.

Haha, I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree here, because I was going to mention how I thought the end to episode 16 was terrible and one of the worst, if not THE worst, ends to an episode in the entire show.

It just comes across as so forced and contrived and is completely unnecessary and really just feels like drama or plot twist just for the sake of drama or plot twist. It was all these little details that were present as well that were annoying.
The cliff actually had a safety fence which might have been enough to save Mizuka but instead, conveniently for the sake of drama, where she happens to be walking the fence just happens to be out right there. After tackling her Kai could have just turned her a little bit as well, then she would have just walked into the fence or she would just be walking along the fence instead.

The whole time I was watching that scene I just thought "Really?! You're really going to go ahead and do this...". The events around Subaru didn't help much either due to how they just seemed to add to the contrived drama. Not really a whole lot happened as a result of those events and they are rather quickly resolved and it again felt like they were largely unnecessary.

While many were commenting with "It's happening!" or "What a bunch of shocking events!" after the episode was over, I was just left with one big "Uuuuhhhh...".

I do agree that I found Steins;Gate to be the much better show and there were things I liked about Robotics;Notes but ultimately it just feels kind of average or okay. It could be how others have mentioned in that the original visual novel is better with how it handles the pacing and order of events and maybe even fills out some details but as far as the Robotics;Notes anime goes by itself it has a lot of problems.

Cwarrior

Haha, I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree here, because I was going to mention how I thought the end to episode 16 was terrible and one of the worst, if not THE worst, ends to an episode in the entire show.

It just comes across as so forced and contrived and is completely unnecessary and really just feels like drama or plot twist just for the sake of drama or plot twist. It was all these little details that were present as well that were annoying.
The cliff actually had a safety fence which might have been enough to save Mizuka but instead, conveniently for the sake of drama, where she happens to be walking the fence just happens to be out right there. After tackling her Kai could have just turned her a little bit as well, then she would have just walked into the fence or she would just be walking along the fence instead.

The whole time I was watching that scene I just thought "Really?! You're really going to go ahead and do this...". The events around Subaru didn't help much either due to how they just seemed to add to the contrived drama. Not really a whole lot happened as a result of those events and they are rather quickly resolved and it again felt like they were largely unnecessary.

While many were commenting with "It's happening!" or "What a bunch of shocking events!" after the episode was over, I was just left with one big "Uuuuhhhh...".

I don't think it's as contrived as you're making it out to be.
It wasn't some coincidence she died based on the time of the solar flare or the Kagome cellphone ring, it was caused by Kimijima on purpose. The fence being out is easier to make a case for, but it still seemed 90% planned to me.

Other than that, I'm just a big fan of "wham" events like that which sharply contrast with the rest of the show despite building towards something like it. Series like these always have something "off" about them and you know big stuff will happen eventually, but you don't know when. It's why Madoka ep 3 is so shocking as well.

Also, I cringed when
she snapped back up, pretty much breaking her back.
It was damn effective for me even if some people think they were milking it a bit. The fact I liked the character definitely helped.

/XX/

What's the sun flower looking thing on the left?
Think it's Mister Donut, or its mascot/something.

e: Pon de lion, it says.
That makes me remember the animated avatar with that character Blackace had...

So amazing one questions why he would publish them at first in a website that (was at the time) destined for... submissions of aspiring artists (http://web.archive.org/web/20100112154919/http://openpost.jp/pages/debut_en)! And sent under a pseudonym he habitually uses; Otonari Kobo (おとなり工房), that apart from its meaning 'otonari' was speculated to be a portmanteau of 'otōto' and 'Yoshinari'. There is little information and confirmation of this because he usually never uses his real name at all on the Internet, but that style always gives it away...

My favorite pendrum fanfic is the hyocorou one about
Ringo raping Shouma under Tabuki's home.
You the man! And there is so much abundance of the Princess of the Crystal on many others that it also feels pretty unique because of this.
I would have reserved my own judgement until finally checking out Nekoi Mie's one, but well, haven't seen it yet (and the companion P&SwG one from him at the very same C80, titled 'CRAZY 4 YOU!', sure was translated and made broadly available... that isn't fair!):

Be advised; the following link leads to slightly explicit content... careful!

C80頒布情報 MANGA SUPER Blog
http://manpa01.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-8.html

SEASON TWO WHERE? ;_;
The series had such a beautifully well-rounded finale (not necessarily habitual on the medium, I think), that it makes me wonder if there is really a need for more!

Cwarrior

There one thing about the new hxh adaptions that keeps make me laugh.

it's how a lot of the 1998 tech has been updated.

Maybe it's done to not weird out the kids watching it and make it more relatable to them.

crt desktops to netbooks

They announced Wolf Children as the overall winner of the Tokyo Anime Awards a while ago, but I don't seem to remember seeing it mentioned here. Anyway, they just announced the full list of award winners, so let's see what they are:

TV Animation Award Winners
Sword Art Online and Kuroko's Basketball

Best Original Story (awarded to original creator of an adapted work)
Reki Kawahara (Sword Art Online)

Best Character Design
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Wolf Children)

Best Voice Actor
Yuuki Kaji

Why is it that any awards relating to anime is a joke.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They announced Wolf Children as the overall winner of the Tokyo Anime Awards a while ago, but I don't seem to remember seeing it mentioned here. Anyway, they just announced the full list of award winners, so let's see what they are:

Animation of the Year and Best Feature Film
Wolf Children

Best Director
Mamoru Hosoda (Wolf Children)

Best Screenplay
Mamoru Hosoda and Satoko Okudera (Wolf Children)

Best Art Direction
Hiroshi Ohno (Wolf Children)

Best Character Design
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Wolf Children)

Best Voice Actor
Yuuki Kaji

Best Music
Yoko Kanno

Fucking Yes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom