• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh look, just what everyone asked for.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-20/gundam-age-memory-of-eden-compilation-outlined
Even the AGE team has to admit gen-2 is the only good thing to come out of the show. Heck, even if they add new animation this isn't going to go well. The last thing AGE needs is to be cut down and rushed more. Even cutting down to just gen-2 isn't going to make it better.

How is it that they're still getting AGE stuff greenlit? That makes no sense.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
537909_10151231645571436_108910751_n.jpg

This kinda makes me wanna play GW2.... xD

Ohhh my god! I need to get back in this.

Amnesia 7
tumblr_miiz76ile41rvjxrlo1_500.png
tumblr_miiz29PGQv1rvjxrlo1_500.png

Pretty good episode again. Really is holding a special place in my heart for this anime, I can always feel the emotion and stress of the ones dating here and them still going through the routine of lost memory. Worst for Kento
no kissing scene or nothing, just hand holding
. I had to look up the game plot to see if this was a bad end route. Shin, Ikkyu went further. Though Im so excited to see Toma finally, my second favorite (seems in these anime my favorites are always the same, red/pinkish haired --> yellow hair).

I wish Orion was main character utterly hilarious, bright, vibrant, and so entertaining. Second half was amazing thanks to him.

Novid

Banned
find it intresting that Japan has taken a liking to Curious George, where in the states PBS lets it sit there in ratings hell. But thats what happens when you say your "progressive" when you never was anywere near it.

Novid

Banned
They have to. The arc will fail if they don't. Right now, it feels like between GI and the Ant Arc is the only time they've got to do it.

As for ending it, if you mean gintama style hiatus then sure. I still want to see Togashi's future work animated. The arc after the ant arc is all setup and if they can't start the next arc right after, it would be terrible. An awful place to take a break. This manga hiatus is driving me nuts as is for him to have ended the last arc on a cliffhanger.

im a little worried but they got a year and he better be back in 3 months so he can try and end it...

BluWacky

find it intresting that Japan has taken a liking to Curious George, where in the states PBS lets it sit there in ratings hell.

PBS press release said:
Arlington, VA, April 16, 2012 – PBS KIDS announced today that in February 2012 its current weekday block of preschool programming took the top four spots for kids ages 2 to 5 for the first time, according to Nielsen NPower national program ratings. Among kids ages 2-5, CURIOUS GEORGE® was number one... (comScore VideoMetrix, February 2012).

If it's the most popular show among its target audience in its timeslot, that's hardly "ratings hell" is it?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aikatsu! 18:

DZuQ6ltl.jpg

Nice dialogue.

So this is what happens when you have a Valentine's episode that takes into account the grotesque forced chastity of IDOL CULTURE. Not allowed to give chocolate to a boy? Just give some to your friends in an empty and affectionless gesture born out of the need to placate your loser fans.

Somehow it managed to be equal parts :sdburton and :ackbar. Raichi is going to have serious sexual identity issues when he hits puberty. Better than the previous three by virtue of everything absolutely going to shit whenever there's srsbns plot.

Gintama - 126

The dance at the start of the Episode.
Is this the payoff for Shinpachi friend you were talking about BGBW?
I have to stop watching before going to work.
Tsuzuku...

yami4ct

im a little worried but they got a year and he better be back in 3 months so he can try and end it...

He better be back in 3 months, but he's not even close to finishing it. I'd say he's got a good 2-3 major arcs left. We have the current arc, we have a Yorkshin Pt2. style arc to wrap up Kurapika vs the Spiders and one to just wrap up Gon and Kil's plot. The last two can be combined but none of these are going to end with the next arc.

Theonik

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 48
iCfKYsgUAPnWS.png

Manly tears and a sudden change of heart.
So they finally explained Colin Nander and his Gundam knowledge. Was as I expected! Pretty crazy though! Shame we didn't get any more info on him.
Pretty bro death he got, a shame right after he got back his memories too

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 49
Hyyyyyyype.

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 50
iQffBXzSum5sd.png
ikay0bbY66x3x.png
ibaIwGRa6gBATn.png
iLCIuPx0LPMDe.png

Based Tomino taking one final jab before being satisfied.
Wrrryyyyyy
The whole cocoon thing was pretty over the top as an ending to that fight but pretty entertaining at the same time. Also wow if this ending wasn't ambiguous poor Sochie :(
Guin also looked quite bad-ass with his new haircut
I would have liked it more if we had gotten some more back-story on a number of things like they never did explain the Turn A and Turn X or why the ending of the dark history happened.

Narag

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 50

Wrrryyyyyy
The whole cocoon thing was pretty over the top as an ending to that fight but pretty entertaining at the same time. Also wow if this ending wasn't ambiguous poor Sochie :(
Guin also looked quite bad-ass with his new haircut
I would have liked it more if we had gotten some more back-story on a number of things like they never did explain the Turn A and Turn X or why the ending of the dark history happened.

Man, sochie at end tears me up. It's a remarkably positive ending for a Gundam show as things go well and people actually live but it's also just as sad to realize what some will have to live with, or without, in sochie's case. Her crying on the bike gets to me so bad.

Also the Gundam Corin remembers is Wing Zero which is neat as you can actually place the era he's from.

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 48

So they finally explained Colin Nander and his Gundam knowledge. Was as I expected! Pretty crazy though! Shame we didn't get any more info on him.
Pretty bro death he got, a shame right after he got back his memories too

That custom Kapool of his was the best thing ever :D

Theonik

Man, sochie at end tears me up. It's a remarkably positive ending for a Gundam show as things go well and people actually live but it's also just as sad to realize what some will have to live with, or without, in sochie's case. Her crying on the bike gets to me so bad.

Also the Gundam Corin remembers is Wing Zero which is neat as you can actually place the era he's from.
There's also the scene where she throws the toy away in the river she met Loran. So sad. And I did read about that with regards to Corin but I think it still should have been explained!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 06:

licMLba.jpg

This isn't even a zoom shot.

I haven't been able to force myself to endure an episode in over a week and this kind of procrastination is how I end up putting things on hold for several years at a time so I've taken up my burden again.

I can't believe there's yet another generic muscle dude villain. Chinstrap Guy was dumb enough, but now we have some weirdass fusion of Akaoni and Sun Wukong with a curly moustache and fuck it's just horrifying. Antics are gone, Shiny Luminous is shit, I'm getting mascots forcibly crammed into every orifice until I bleed, and battles just occur in a vacuum with no lead-up or foreshadowing or logical objective from the antagonists. In this episode, everyone was just walking along the sidewalk after buying some groceries, Mepple's like "guys, I feel an evil presence!" and BAM, MotW. It's fucking painful to watch. Hito warned me of precisely this aspect of the show, but somehow I was expecting it to slowly devolve into shit instead of immediately falling on its face.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 06:

I haven't been able to force myself to endure an episode in over a week and this kind of procrastination is how I end up putting things on hold for several years at a time so I've taken up my burden again.

I can't believe there's yet another generic muscle dude villain. Chinstrap Guy was dumb enough, but now we have some weirdass fusion of Akaoni and Sun Wukong with a curly moustache and fuck it's just horrifying. Antics are gone, Shiny Luminous is shit, and battles just occur in a vacuum with no lead-up or foreshadowing or logical objective from the antagonists. In this episode, everyone was just walking along the sidewalk after buying some groceries, Mepple's like "guys, I feel an evil presence!" and BAM, MotW. It's fucking painful to watch. Hito warned me of precisely this aspect of the show, but somehow I was expecting it to slowly devolve into shit instead of immediately falling on its face.

Have yet to start on season 2 and judging on your post I made the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom