• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchimas! 38

2bEEOMt.gif

At her beck and call.

What, you mean you guys haven't seen The Last Dark (twice) already? Pffft!

Who's Emi?

I mean, neither of those names are Nico, the only girl which has ESPer abilities, so you're clearly wrong regardless, but I'm curious if you mean Eri or Umi or neither there...

might be umi i dont know. They all kinda look the same anyhow.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Futari wa Precure Max Heart 06:

I haven't been able to force myself to endure an episode in over a week and this kind of procrastination is how I end up putting things on hold for several years at a time so I've taken up my burden again.

I can't believe there's yet another generic muscle dude villain. Chinstrap Guy was dumb enough, but now we have some weirdass fusion of Akaoni and Sun Wukong with a curly moustache and fuck it's just horrifying. Antics are gone, Shiny Luminous is shit, I'm getting mascots forcibly crammed into every orifice until I bleed, and battles just occur in a vacuum with no lead-up or foreshadowing or logical objective from the antagonists. In this episode, everyone was just walking along the sidewalk after buying some groceries, Mepple's like "guys, I feel an evil presence!" and BAM, MotW. It's fucking painful to watch. Hito warned me of precisely this aspect of the show, but somehow I was expecting it to slowly devolve into shit instead of immediately falling on its face.
I'm not crazy here!

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 07
Live like an elite die like an elite. Also the tomato scene was amazing.
I'd have torn the envelope there and then Yuuki is an idiot.

Smile Precure! 39

Though it was funny having them just to the Happy transformation and super transformation scenes by herself. Had good energy with that chase scene and the retelling of Cinderella.

Also impressed that they finally attacked in their Princess forms. Of course it was basically a beam spam but better than summoning another CG monster.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure! 39

Though it was funny having them just to the Happy transformation and super transformation scenes by herself. Had good energy with that chase scene and the retelling of Cinderella.

Also impressed that they finally attacked in their Princess forms. Of course it was basically a beam spam but better than summoning another CG monster.

wat

Ultimadrago

The iDOLM@STER 4
Man, Chihaya's got more patience than I do. I'd have walked out of that fucking show.

Unlike another idol show, AKB0048, which started off mildly entertaining and devolved into a largely dull pile, it seems that iDOLM@STER gets roughly better further down the episodes. Well, with the exception of really bad episodes like 9

The Idolm@ster Episode 16
Hibiki is a decent enough character, but I was honestly checking to see how long until the episode would just end five or six times as I viewed it.

In short, boring episode with a boring conflict and a boring resolution.

and this one.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Unlike another idol show, AKB0048, which started off mildly entertaining and devolved into a largely dull pile, it seems that iDOLM@STER gets roughly better further down the episodes. Well, with the exception of really bad episodes like 9

and this one.

Hey you! Finish Hidamari Sketch! :p

/XX/

Man, I just hope! There definitely were scenes for those planes on the MODEL GRAPHIX serialization but you never know if the adaptation is going to alter things from it and mix others with ones from Tatsuo Hori's novel, as implied already. Certainly, they will need all the talent they can get for that kind of mechanical animation work, if we are to take seriously what Takashi Hashimoto said about the quantity of it apparently present on the storyboard (http://twitter.com/norider1965/status/225147921224581120).

If only Mr. Kanada was still among us (and as seen on that 'tweets' of a conversation, they will sure miss him for this film)!

The writer of episodes 15 and 26 is writing the movie.

Just letting that out there.
Cool! Now they should have released a more shifty first promotional image, like something similar to that famous April Fool's one! If only to mislead people again... :)

Articalys

Oh, shut up.

...I probably will for real at the end of this season, though. With no ongoing shows besides Space Brothers, it'll make for a cleaner break.

There's probably something wrong with me mentally anyway.

jbug617

Banned
GJ-BU Club 7

We are introduced to a new club member. Her name is Tama and is very similar to Mao. Also poor Megu.
She was the one getting picked on this episode
. Surprised that no little sisters showed up after they were introduced last episode.

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 08
Oh lawd, this show's change in tone is hilarious! Also the main characters save for perhaps Yuno are morons. God this is terrible.
Dogs with iron jaws? Really?The MC really is a moron. He seems to for reasons as of now unknown to me like to ignore the fact that Yuno will infact slaughter anyone he comes near to. (rightfully so a lot of times it seems since he really is the worst judge of character.)
I don't think I can deal with this. I'd rather watch School Days at this point.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 08
Oh lawd, this show's change in tone is hilarious! Also the main characters save for perhaps Yuno are morons. God this is terrible.
Dogs with iron jaws? Really?The MC really is a moron. He seems to for reasons as of now unknown to me like to ignore the fact that Yuno will infact slaughter anyone he comes near to. (rightfully so a lot of times it seems since he really is the worst judge of character.)

If you think Yukki is a moron now, then when you get to the final episodes... You'll die.

Seriously. You'll actually die.

Mirai Nikki 08

I thought Mirai Nikki was pretty solid and fun up until way later on when it truly went, and litrally, off the rails.

Yuki is really good and memorable and served well as a base for the writer to create a much stronger character in big order. You dont like Akise either? Fave character.

Oh, shut up.

...I probably will for real at the end of this season, though. With no ongoing shows besides Space Brothers, it'll make for a cleaner break.

There's probably something wrong with me mentally anyway.

Something up? If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but it's not like your presence is unwanted here.

Theonik

If you think Yukki is a moron now, then when you get to the final episodes... You'll die.

Seriously. You'll actually die.

I thought Mirai Nikki was pretty solid and fun up until way later on when it truly went, and litrally, off the rails.
Oh boy! Looking forward to that!

Yuki is really good and memorable and served well as a base for the writer to create a much stronger character in big order. You dont like Akise either? Fave character.
Akise doesn't really do anything until episode 09 which I hadn't seen at that point. He's OK so far I guess. (I'm like 8 minutes into 09 right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom