• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 08•01-03•14 - I am Groot. You're welcome. Looks like a TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Fantastic OW for GOTG…Marvel can do no wrong (at the box office).

Also, nice to see the top 5 all fresh rt scores…yes, I know Lucy and Hercules are really pushing it, but still.

Road

That gif shouldnt be here, imo.

Transformers 4, first and possibly only billion movie of the year.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $241,166,000 24.0%
+ Foreign: $763,800,000 76.0%
= Worldwide: $1,004,966,000

How much total you guys think Avengers : Age of Ultron is goign to rake in?

The hype levels are 10x more than the first Avengers film, which made $1.5 billion.

Could it dethrone Avatar ($2.7 billion) ?

IM3 1215
CATWS 713
TDW 645

=> Avengers 2 = 2.573 billion

So, no, it won't beat Avatar.

S1kkZ

are some of you fucking serious? spoiling gotg in a box office thread with gifs from an illegal copy? the film is not out in some countries until september.

Non-spoiler GoTG gif time.

iSnV2LQmPF54f.gif

All joking aside, I actually didn't know till I saw it. I was on a media blackout so, had I not seen it, that poster above would have spoiled that for me...in a spoiler free thread.

:|

At one point a thread had "THANOS IS IN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY" as a title, which probably also spoiled a lot of people who actually didn't know that. I know its turned into a joke here, but it still can ruin the surprise for some people on blackout. Even if it was only for like 5 seconds.

So Age of Ultron passing the 3 billion mark is a lock, then.

Remember all those movies that surpassed Titanic in the 12 years after its release.

Let's name them off...there was, um...um...um...wait...um...

People talk about this shit like it's easy.

Impossible, no.

Improbable, yes.

Seth C

All joking aside, I actually didn't know till I saw it. I was on a media blackout so, had I not seen it, that poster above would have spoiled that for me...in a spoiler free thread.

:|

Actually, that was already spoiled here on NeoGAF thanks to an asshole thread title.

Actually, that was already spoiled here on NeoGAF thanks to an asshole thread title.

I wasn't around for that thread. Like I said, luckily I saw it spoiler free, on Thursday night while here in London.

Had I seen that gif or thread title prior, I would have been PISSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom