• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Theecliff

Banned
I refuse to believe those screenshots are from the PS4 version. I don't know how the IQ could possibly be so bad.
They look like poor, compressed shots. The game probably doesn't have any AA or a poor implementation of it, resulting in compressed screens using the share button emphasising the jaggies - a similar thing happened to shots I've taken of Contrast. It'll probably be a bit of a jaggy game, but it won't look as bad as that in-game.

However, no matter how bad they look they still look better than that shot of Quake 4.

i actually hate british people who always add mate to everything
hqdefault.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like it downloads to drive C before installing to the drive I tell it to, so I will have to clear space off C tonight after work before I can download it. Awesome.

I really hope this game is good or at least, okay, that NewEgg order shipped and I was like "WTF?" and remembered I pre-ordered it after I saw a gameplay vid

Tizoc

Fuck's sake this game better be worth the 50 GB I'm using up on my F-drive (main Steam hdd)...
Is anyone else unable to redeem their Doom 4 Beta key from GMG? Or is it because the Beta hasn't started yet/updated in Steam's registry?

Guys is this game any good? I was watching someone streaming the game on twitch and looked pretty good and fun... Any impressions?

From everything I've seen, including the trailers and the box art, I'll give this game a "pretty good" rating.

Can't wait to download tonight on my PS4.

You should go ahead and preorder it so you can cancel. Everyone's doing it.

PS4 version reserved, going to cancel to pre-order 360, then cancel to get the PC version, then cancel that cause I want more games on PS4 and re-reserve it. The CIRCLE IS COMPLETE!

but really... still picking mine up tommorrow!

Andrew.

Banned
PS4 version reserved, going to cancel to pre-order 360, then cancel to get the PC version, then cancel that cause I want more games on PS4 and re-reserve it. The CIRCLE IS COMPLETE!

but really... still picking mine up tommorrow!

Im surprised you didnt get a review copy. What's up with that?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
hahaha
i'm EST,

with you on the tea swilling tho

god, Quake 4 sucked. worse than Rage....

I would rather be forced to play through nothing but the boring, non-shooty parts of Rage than have to play Quake 4 again.

Those Wolf screens may not be super mega top tier but in no way do they deserve to be compared and seen as similar as that heaping hot pile of nut filled shit known as Quake 4.

Come on son

God fucking damn it, we're hating on Quake 4 now are we ? Bastards! *goes and sits in corner* (PC version I'm talking about, console version was garbage)

DSN2K

Yeah, 11 hours at 47% completion. That aint shit. Obviously he wasnt taking time to explore everywhere for upgrades etc.

I find % rates pointless. Really when people ask how long a game is, it is how long the main campaign is, and 11hrs is pretty decent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like it downloads to drive C before installing to the drive I tell it to, so I will have to clear space off C tonight after work before I can download it. Awesome.

Yeah, that's because pre-load data is encrypted and stored in the depotcache folder rather than a library folder. You can get around this by using symbolic links, but since Steam thinks it's downloading to Steam\depotcache rather than Some-other-drive\depotcache, you still need to ensure you have enough space on the drive Steam is installed on for the data to unpack come unlock time, so the solution isn't exactly ideal if free space is in short supply.

Andrew.

Banned
Was that a 100% playthrough? I want to plat this thing so I think I will end up closer to 15-20. Still no shipment email from Amazon. :(

It'll take you longer than that since it will require two playthroughs for the plat.

There is a trophy/cheev for that choice you make at the beginning.

Of course you could always collect, then reload and collect the other. (Just an assumption that that's possible)

I am watching a ps4 playthrough and it looks fine and I even asked about the screenshot issue on ps4 he says it looks great. So I think its just a bunch of nitpickers.

Hawk SE

I tried. I had been trying for over a month and they kept telling me they would let me know. They then rejected me the other day. What can you do? :p

For the record, the PR group that's handling this game and countless others is next to impossible to get review copies from. And when TotalBiscuit has problems getting a copy, you know things are problematic.

Levyne

Banned
Outside of the pretty darn great trailers and general marketing, seems like the handling of this game has been rather clumsy.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
A GT 9500 is a good bit bellow the min spec, so good luck. My current build is also under minimum, but not much:

Core i5 750, 12 GB RAM and a 460 GTX 1GB.

Rage ran fine, except for the annoying texture popup, so I think I'm good. If not I got Return to castle Wolfenstein as a consolation.

I run Doom BFG with lot of things on max settings, and still can do 60fps some parts. There is some slowdowns here and there, but I'm fine. I really hope that can Wolfy can run at minimum of minimum.

Top Bottom