• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

eshwaaz

Here is a short clip from last night. sorry for the terrible twitch quality. I hope this puts some people at ease about the guns. I think they are totally bad ass. It's late game but shouldn't have spoilers in it. Thought I'd warn you just in case.
Wow, very nice. That looks super satisfying. Thanks for the clip!

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
My XB1 copy just arrived and is installing, probably wont get to place (much) tonight, it's the first time I haven't had enough space and had to delete previously installed games.

External HDD support can't come quick enough MS :/ .

Virzeth

Uh that steam looks weird, what is that?

That would be PixelVision: http://pulseh.deviantart.com/art/PixelVision-Skin-for-Steam-211426153, I use that one too. And speaking of speed...

NtA0i8M.jpg

Mr Spliff

Just a question I'd like to ask people who've played a few chapters already...

did anyone find the letter in the chapter with the old people and their car? Or the final gold piece? And did anyone find enigma piece 2-1 in chapter 4 (where you rescue your old pal from prison). It's the third enigma piece in that level but there's no "?" on the map and I think it's supposed to be somewhere between the prison and the intro as it's the third piece and I found the 4th piece at the start of the prison... I think.

Found it!
The last gold piece is in the open closet to the left of the newspaper clipping that is in the hallway you do down before the level ends. I thought it was Fraus gun and that it would be unlocked after a correct card sequence. Only took 20 attempts/deaths to give up on that lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tnofquop.jpg

It unlocks at midnight, right? Can I VPN and get it earlier? (I'm east coast US)

It unlocks in PAL Land in about 4.5 hours. TunnelBear has a few servers available and should work with Steam. Just remember to kill it if Steam begins downloading more data post-unlock as free TB accounts are limited to 500MB per month.

Moff

at 50% now, I'll have it easily by midnight, which is in 4.5 hours.

now my only problem is that a) I dont have to still download the patch at midnight and b) that my Us imported retail version key will actually give me the completely uncensored version in my swiss steam (if I would have bought it in the steam store, it would have been censored, there is a message there)

Jito

Banned
This game has no multiplayer right? I wish it were $39.99 instead of $59.99. Full price for a single player only FPS is really hard to grasp. Last sp-only game worth the full price of admission was Half-life 2. I don't see this being on that scale at all.

Nah we need more single player only FPS games if anything, less tacked on multiplayer please.

JaseC

at 50% now, I'll have it easily by midnight, which is in 4.5 hours.

now my only problem is that a) I dont have to still download the patch at midnight and b) that my Us imported retail version key will actually give me the completely uncensored version in my swiss steam (if I would have bought it in the steam store, it would have been censored, there is a message there)

1) There shouldn't be any patch. Since there's no certification process on Steam there's no reason why the patched build shouldn't have been uploaded, but sometimes publishers drop the ball here, such as Scamco with Dark Souls 2
2) You activated the uncensored version since that's what the key is tied to -- the version you unlock is in no way tied to your IP or anything of the sort

Dawg

I would also like to know about
the final gold piece in chapter 3

Did you
find the letter?

Found it!
The last gold piece is in the open closet to the left of the newspaper clipping that is in the hallway you do down before the level ends. I thought it was Fraus gun and that it would be unlocked after a correct card sequence. Only took 20 attempts/deaths to give up on that lol

Amazing! Thanks!
Let me know if you find enigma piece 2-1 (the third piece of chapter 4)

spoilers above are collectible related!

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So when are we able to start posting videos without them being claimed?

Tomorrow.

People that will play on Steam, please, post you PC configuration. I will run with a AMD 3.4Ghz 7700, 6GB RAM and a GT 9500 - yeah, I know that sucks and I will play at the lowest settings possible.

Seriously, I can't be the only guy who has the censored version of the game pre-ordered on Steam and not being able to pre-load the actual game?

All Steam pre.loaded for me were the Direct X redistributables and nothing else.
Come on Steam, let me finally pre-load this game. Please D:

JaseC

Seriously, I can't be the only guy who has the censored version of the game pre-ordered on Steam and not being able to pre-load the actual game?

All Steam pre.loaded for me were the Direct X redistributables and nothing else.
Come on Steam, let me finally pre-load this game. Please D:

I think what's happened with the "German Edition" is that the earlier depots are still flagged as encrypted/private, making the one that was added to the sub just a few hours ago the only one that you're able to pre-load. If you open your Steam\depotcache folder and order the files by date modified, what's the name of the most recently modified file?

Worst Ps4 graphics might be right, its technically the least impressive game I played on it. Haven't played CoD though, but I think they are comparable (textures are somewhat CoD like). Cutscenes look even worse than in-game imo, they are letterboxed as well.

The 5gb patch will download on the background, you can play the game. The only thing you won't have access to are online features until the patch is being installed.

The patch is only for online features? Why the hell is it then so big (5GB).

I think what's happened with the "German Edition" is that the earlier depots are still flagged as encrypted/private, making the one that was added to the sub just a few hours ago the only one that you're able to pre-load. If you open your Steam\depotcache folder and order the files by date modified, what's the name of the most recently modified file?

228982_6413394087650432851.manifest

It's only 823 bytes, too, but I don't know if this has anything to do with anything.

Oh, odd that's showing up as it doesn't belong to Wolf14. The files that pre-loaded are in the 288k range.

Two other files modified today:
228983_8124929965194586177.manifest (which actually got created today)
228990_1829726630299308803.manifest

The first one's a bit over 1 KB, the second one is 24,5 KB.
I guess they're still not the ones I'm looking for.

But whatever, I don't care about pre-loading anymore.
I'll just let my PC stay on and maybe the download of the actual game will have started automatically sometime around midnight.
Since I'm downloading 1MB/s max I'll have to wait at least 9 hours anyway.

Thank you for your help though ;)

amrod

It unlocks in PAL Land in about 4.5 hours. TunnelBear has a few servers available and should work with Steam. Just remember to kill it if Steam begins downloading more data post-unlock as free TB accounts are limited to 500MB per month.

What country.. France / UK says 10 hours when I checked ?

StaSeb

Welp, until the embargo lifts, I cannot give you my impressions or any details. But since the game was part of my life over the last days and there was some confusion concerning the quality in this thread, I just want to tell you the following things:

1. you are in for a fun ride if you can forgive some minor quirks.
2. avoid videos, lets plays and streams. It is a bit like a tarantino-movie. You do not want to know all the good stuff beforehand.
If you arrive in the hideout, go to directly to bed!

I'm right there with you :)

Me too. My disk is in the post and hopefully will be on the doormat when i get in tomorrow. I've already cleared some space on the SSD for it. There again i doubt i'd have been able to finish the download before tomorrow anyway so it all evens out i suppose.

Top Bottom