• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Raptor

For those playing, when you do some headshots heads explodes in chunks and blood, but you can do them with all the weapons? fors instance you can explode teh brains out of a nazi with a pistol?

Sullichin

Saw some people talking about the PS4 version while browsing the thread, does anyone have impressions on the PC version? Or no one here has it early?

SkylineRKR

11 hours? No way. It took me about 5 to reach the 6th Chapter. Out of what is it, 15?

For those playing, when you do some headshots heads explodes in chunks and blood, but you can do them with all the weapons? fors instance you can explode teh brains out of a nazi with a pistol?

I don't think so. The heavier weapons deliver more gore.

antitrop

edit: I saw that ninja edit, antitrop

I SAW IT!

tumblr_m8pvucvUSO1ry10fwo1_500.gif

Kertiously

Neo Member
So glad gamefly sent me a copy, I can't wait for it to come in. Been hearing great things about this game so far, I'm extremely excited.

zorbsie

Sadly no. Pistols won't make heads explode. It does have a very nice metal clink sound.

eXistor

Just finished it. It really does peak pretty early on, the later levels just aren't doing it for me, even one that should have been amazing:
the moon
, was just a boring level full of wasted potential. Not a bad game, but thoroughly mediocre imo, it could have been so much more but they shot their load at the beginning, never recovering.

GavinUK86

I don't think so. The heavier weapons deliver more gore.
Sadly no. Pistols won't make heads explode. It does have a very nice metal clink sound.
everyone loves wolfenstein gibs

giphy.gif

Skyzard

Banned
Just finished it. It really does peak pretty early on, the later levels just aren't doing it for me, even one that should have been amazing:
the moon
, was just a boring level full of wasted potential. Not a bad game, but thoroughly mediocre imo, it could have been so much more but they shot their load at the beginning, never recovering.

Any chance you soaked up too much spunk and then couldn't see clearly the rest of the game? Maybe like, played it too much and got used to it? Seems like pretty are completing it quite quick for a reasonable length game.

?

JLeack

Banned
the moon

I felt like it kept getting better to be honest.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, yes, I remember. I called Duke Nukem Forever a "heinous travesty" on the first page of that thread.

The funny thing is, as mediocre as Duke Nukem Forever was, I still got some fun out of it. Wasn't even my worst game of 2011 and that surprised me.

shwimpy

Hmmm.. just heard this was a direct sequel to the last game. I haven't played a Wolfenstein since 3D. Hope I don't get too lost. :lol

the moon

Yep, exactly my thoughts.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Steam's countdown timer ticks over by the hour rather than rounding down sooner.

Yep and there we go, now says 1hr remaining :) I'm very curious about how good the PC version is, especially as we haven't really heard much about it.

eXistor

Any chance you soaked up too much spunk and then couldn't see clearly the rest of the game? Maybe like, played it too much and got used to it? Seems like pretty are completing it quite quick for a reasonable length game.

?
It's always funny to see people flat-out refusing to accept that maybe the game you've been looking forward to isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you love the game, good for you. I played and finished the thing (11 hours I think) and I didn't love it. It's a decent shooter like we've seen a million times before. If a game is great I can play it for hours on end and never get tired of it.

aro52

Crossing them with you, but has that ever happened? 50 GB's to download I would like it at least around then.

Yup, but it's hit and miss. Besides the MLB situation, "midnight releases" have been hitting around 12:20am either EST or PST. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason which way it goes.

Skyzard

Banned
It's always funny to see people flat-out refusing to accept that maybe the game you've been looking forward to isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you love the game, good for you. I played and finished the thing (11 hours I think) and I didn't love it. It's a decent shooter like we've seen a million times before. If a game is great I can play it for hours on end and never get tired of it.

11 hours straight though? Surely it'd have an effect. Seems like people are rushing...

TBH I only became interested a day or two ago when I saw a gaffer streaming the xb1 version early on and it seemed pretty impressive. I've not played the previous games. Although I can understand where you're coming from since I basically said you got bukaked by the game lol.

SkylineRKR

I seem to share the same opinion. I'm close to chapter 8, but it gets a bit tedious. Wonder if its worth it to sink another 6 hours into it? I could also trade it back and get WD (if that turns out to be good).

But 11 hours sounds like a rather quick run, or are some later chapters shorter?

Yup, but it's hit and miss. Besides the MLB situation, "midnight releases" have been hitting around 12:20am either EST or PST. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason which way it goes.

Damn, okay then. I hope we actually get it around 12 EST, have a final tomorrow, but it isn't till 1:30 would love to play an hour before bed.

Damn, okay then. I hope we actually get it around 12 EST, have a final tomorrow, but it isn't till 1:30 would love to play an hour before bed.

MGS V Ground Zeroes was at 12am EST while inFamous Second Son was 3am EST.

Really lame that no game has used the pre load functionality yet. Do they plan to with Watch Dogs? It's one week from release so if we don't hear a thing from the PSN update tomorrow then likely not.

eXistor

But 11 hours sounds like a rather quick run, or are some later chapters shorter?

It did seem the chapters became shorter as they went on, but I will admit to not really exploring. I just didn't feel like it in the game. If you're more into the game than I was and you do explore more I'd say a first run-through can be up to 15 hours, but I really think that's generous. There's really not that much to explore, it's all quite linear. Most exploration comes from simply scouring the environments for hidden objects, something I found quite tedious.

SkylineRKR

It did seem the chapters became shorter as they went on, but I will admit to not really exploring. I just didn't feel like it in the game. If you're more into the game than I was and you do explore more I'd say a first run-through can be up to 15 hours, but I really think that's generous. There's really not that much to explore, it's all quite linear. Most exploration comes from simply scouring the environments for hidden objects, something I found quite tedious.

I found collecting started to become tedious in the
hangar from chapter 6. I also don't like the laser cutter at all, not the beefed up version either.

molnizzle

what compromises? is there no AA at all? or is there more things missing?

If there's AA then there's not enough, judging by the PS4 screens posted above. Now that Infamous has exposed me to quality IQ on console I have little tolerance for anything else.

Just have to use any Euro server for the VPN? Will flyvpn work or is there another one to use as I believe I've only used fly for Asian countries.

Top Bottom