• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

A quick question for those who know:
Is it possible for them to patch in some AA in the PS4 version?
Assuming there is parity betwee XboxOne and PS4 i figured tjere must be some room for that on PS4...

Uh...the patch is only for leaderboard stuff. You can cancel the patch and then wait for the game to install to play the game. Unless the developers lied that is.

Patch notes say:

Text and audio bug fixes
Gameplay bug fixes
Checkpoint bug fixes

Jesus at the 40GB download and 50GB install, say nothing of the day 1 patch.

glorious current gen console future atleast allows to start the game at 4GB's but can't get very far into the game :D

Peterthumpa

PS4 here. Is there a way to check the download progress after playing the epilogue? Do I have to leave the game running (on the main menu, for example) to allow the download to complete?

PS4 here. Is there a way to check the download progress after playing the epilogue? Do I have to leave the game running (on the main menu, for example) to allow the download to complete?

press Options on the XMB and check Information.

you need 16GB's including the Patch to continue.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there already a way to make the german version uncut?

Probably not; the "German Edition" and uncensored version are technically two different games. You could try downloading the uncensored version and replace the game's data files.

This might have been discussed, but where are the TF2 items I was supposed to get for preordering located? I checked my TF2 inventory on steam, nothing was there.

JaseC

Is it on my account then, even if I swtich back?

Yes.

This might have been discussed, but where are the TF2 items I was supposed to get for preordering located? I checked my TF2 inventory on steam, nothing was there.

The items need to be unlocked by first running TF2, but I don't know if they've been sent out yet.

Edit: They have. but they're not marketable yet.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So why doesn't this have AA? Rage has it...

Making myself crazy trying to figure out how to get into the safe in the hospital...

Andrew.

Banned
WOLF GET!

Put that PS on standby to download the update and made it back to work. I was lookin at 3 hours til it was complete. Granted, I couldve played even while it was downloading, but Im weird about that sorta stuff and just wanna get it all outta the way before I dive in.

Opening the game up was just a cruel reminder of the glory days of instruction manuals. While I recognize the half assedly convienient way of displaying the control scheme on the other side of the cover so you can view them through the transparent case, I really miss hearty manuals.

Xander51

I'm interested in this mostly because it's finally another idTech 5 game. I was so stoked for the possibilities of that engine, and I totally enjoyed Rage.

The huge download and deciding between platforms has me hesitating.

Xyber

I'm interested in this mostly because it's finally another idTech 5 game. I was so stoked for the possibilities of that engine, and I totally enjoyed Rage.

The huge download and deciding between platforms has me hesitating.

I don't know how anyone can be stoked for more games with this engine after Rage. This engine is a huge disappointment. Games are locked to 60fps, textures look worse than Half-Life 2 in some places (a lot of places) because of whatever the engine does with that whole mega textures thingy and performance wise it's not great either.

JayEH

Played I think the first 3 missions. Really enjoying it. I think the game looks pretty good actually and the frame rate has been solid. (Playing on PS4)

I like the way they're characterizing BJ and his voice actor. The cuts between scenes though sometimes feel very abrupt. I thought at first I had maybe skipped the cutscene.

I don't know how anyone can be stoked for more games with this engine after Rage. This engine is a huge disappointment. Games are locked to 60fps, textures look worse than Half-Life 2 in some places (a lot of places) because of whatever the engine does with that whole mega textures thingy and performance wise it's not great either.

That's not a bad thing.

eshwaaz

WOLF GET!

Put that PS on standby to download the update and made it back to work. I was lookin at 3 hours til it was complete. Granted, I couldve played even while it was downloading, but Im weird about that sorta stuff and just wanna get it all outta the way before I dive in.
Ugh, 3 hours just to download the patch? Holy crap.

Raptor

Games are not locked if we go with Evil Within 30fps, also Carmack himself said that Doom 4 will run at 30fps so they can throw lots more effects into it.

Is very confusing to me since machinegames said the engine can't do nothing more than 60fps.

Ragnarok

it has SIGNIFICANTLY worse textures than HL2 on a lot of things. It's kind of mind-blowing. I still like the game. Killing nazis is always fun. But sheesh. it's not a looker. ID Tech needs to be taken out and shot (pun intended)

jbug617

Banned
XB1 ver came in the mail today. I got the ready to start notification 5 minutes into the install however i'm waiting till it fully installs before I will play.

Moff

so how exactly does the knife throw work? I got killed just while I got the perk and I didnt see how it works.
it doesnt seem to be the melee, attack, or secondary attack button

MrS

Banned
Lots of talk about file sizes and so little talk about how good this game is. GAF I am disappoint.

so how exactly does the knife throw work? I got killed just while I got the perk and I didnt see how it works.
it doesnt seem to be the melee, attack, or secondary attack button
R3 when you have an extra knife in your inventory

Jito

Banned

Textures don't make a game and Wolfenstein has art and style shooting out of it's ass.

On the game itself, Just arrived at Chapter 7 after 6 hours played, loving the game so far plenty of action, gore, chunky guns and good level design. Recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good campaign game or if you're just fan of shooters.

Comcast is killing me with these dumbass data caps. Wolfenstein is 40gb and I only have 75gb left for the month. Still need Transistor and Tropico 5/Watch_Dogs is right around the corner as well.

So I need to either put some stuff on hold or pay the price smh. F*ck Comcast

Youre-Killing-Me-Smalls-The-Sandlot.gif

Metal-Geo

Hang on. Am I missing something? Did I not get a DOOM beta key with my Steam pre-order?

Edit: Durrr. I should've done my research. Sorry!

Just finished playing a few hours. Really fun gunplay., and the running just feels great (like you're actually sprinting, not just a jog)

I was a bit disappointed in the double barreled shotgun, at least in the first section you can use it. Reloading is pretty slow. Enemies are pretty dumb when it comes to stealth (I'm playing on Bring Em On) but as others have said, it's the fun kind of dumb.

Nydius

Comcast is killing me with these dumbass data caps. Wolfenstein is 40gb and I only have 75gb left for the month. Still need Transistor and Tropico 5/Watch_Dogs is right around the corner as well.

So I need to either put some stuff on hold or pay the price smh. F*ck Comcast

Yep. But mention that over at Steam and you'll be called a troll who just doesn't "get" the future. It's like they're not even paying attention to the FCC news.

Bittercup

Not only region-locked activation but apparently each time you want to run the game as well in Austria (and Switzerland) even though I can buy a uncut version of Return to castle Wolfenstein on Steam without any of those restrictions.
It's one thing when Bethesda doesn't bother to make a separate German uncut version for AT/CH but why all those restrictions this time?
This is so frustrating. I was really looking forward to this game :(

Andrew.

Banned
On the game itself, Just arrived at Chapter 7 after 6 hours played, loving the game so far plenty of action, gore, chunky guns and good level design. Recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good campaign game or if you're just fan of shooters.

Hnnnnnngggg. This wait is killin me.

zBD6Xrh.gif

Xyber

not a bad thing.

I think you misunderstood me. I have a 144Hz monitor, games that won't go past 60 fps is a bad thing for me.

Games are not locked if we go with Evil Within 30fps, also Carmack himself said that Doom 4 will run at 30fps so they can throw lots more effects into it.

Is very confusing to me since machinegames said the engine can't do nothing more than 60fps.

I'm not talking about that constant 60fps lock, I mean that it won't go beyond that. And they have probably modified the engine to make it run at 30 instead of 60.

Textures don't make a game and Wolfenstein has art and style shooting out of it's ass.

I'm not saying the game is bad because of the engine (I really enjoy the gameplay). I'm saying the graphics are held back because of it. The game could play exactly the same with another engine that won't slaughter the textures.

JaseC

Not only region-locked activation but apparently each time you want to run the game as well in Austria (and Switzerland) even though I can buy a uncut version of Return to castle Wolfenstein on Steam without any of those restrictions.
It's one thing when Bethesda doesn't bother to make a separate German uncut version for AT/CH but why all those restrictions this time?
This is so frustrating. I was really looking forward to this game :(

This applies only to those in Germany. It did also apply to those in Austria until a couple of weeks ago, but never to those in Switzerland.

Moff

the swiss situation is unclear. from the official statement it should be uncut (as was the stick of truth), but the swiss steam store always had a clear message that it would be cut, it said it would have replaced symbols.

I wrote a few mails to steam support but they never directly answered why the steam store message contradicts the bethesda statement. the only thing steam support said clearly in both mails is that the swiss steam store version is cut. which is why I ordered the physical US version.

Bittercup

This applies only to those in Germany. It did also apply to those in Austria until a couple of weeks ago, but never to those in Switzerland.
Unfortunately not. I thought so, too but apparently the ReleaseStateOverride-flag prevents it. http://steamdb.info/app/201810/
The releasestate of the game is preloadonly and 'released' is only as an override.
Even if you activate it with a VPN the game stays as not released on your account since ReleaseStateOverrideCountries lists all countries except AT/CH/DE. So you need a VPN for activation and playing the game.
At least that's what I found in the steam forums. (German thread as source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/288570/discussions/0/540741859662227987)

Top Bottom