• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

I like that on PS4 you only have to download a bit before it's playable. I don't like that there is no progress indicator to show how much is downloaded/installed. Made it 10 minutes in before being told wait for it to install.

Edit: Never mind, didn't know you could see download status under information.

I like that on PS4 you only have to download a bit before it's playable. I don't like that there is no progress indicator to show how much is downloaded/installed. Made it 10 minutes in before being told wait for it to install.

press Options on XMB and scroll down to Information.

16GB's required to continue after the tutorial.

jrcbandit

Is the best US deal for the PC version at GMG with 20% off (if that coupon is still working)? I'd be much more inclined to picking it up today if I can get something like 25-30% off.

desertdroog

I haven't played a single player FPS like this in such a long time, probably Singularity was the last one.

So much fun.

My interest is HIGHLY piqued because of this statement. Singularity was underrated and left to die by the publisher. :(

I love narrative driven FPS games!

How is artificial parity fantastic?

I'm sorry I forgot the game designers were suppose to make their game just better for what I'm guessing is your glorious PS4 (please correct me if I'm mistaken) and not just what their vision was with the hardware they had. Armchair game designers irk me, you're obviously not here to support or even discuss the game seriously in any capacity.

Marjar

Banned
Ugh.

I was worried about the PC requirements, but I was told I'd be fine since I was able to run Rage without any problems. However, my game is a powerpoint presentation after the first cutscene.

Looks like I won't actually get to play this until I get a better graphics card. Probably should have seen this coming. :/

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Ugh.

I was worried about the PC requirements, but I was told I'd be fine since I was able to run Rage without any problems. However, my game is a powerpoint presentation after the first cutscene.

Looks like I won't actually get to play this until I get a better graphics card. Probably should have seen this coming. :/

did you try turning off screen space reflections?

Dubz

Not really liking the gun sounds or gunplay so far. I'm only about a half hour in and on the first assault rifle. It sounds and feels so weak.

Melchiah

I'm sorry I forgot the game designers were suppose to make their game just better for what I'm guessing is your glorious PS4 (please correct me if I'm mistaken) and not just what their vision was with the hardware they had. Armchair game designers irk me, you're obviously not here to support or even discuss the game seriously in any capacity.

I have the game preordered, which I've already stated on this thread, and will get it when the flu passes. I just wondered why exactly the parity would be "fantastic", when a system could do more? I don't think the PC players would be any more thrilled to hear the same of their version of the game. The lack of anti-aliasing in particular is jarring.

Not really liking the gun sounds or gunplay so far. I'm only about a half hour in and on the first assault rifle. It sounds and feels so weak.

The sounds are allaround terrible. Weak puffs and environmental sounds are weirdly mixed with loud lightning vs quiet explosions etc.

Gunplay is fun when you get miniguns & dualwield assault rifles+run+slide guns blazing.

The look and feel of this game really reminds me of Bioshock much more than what I imagine Wolfenstein being. Imagine a Wolfenstein game where BJ puts his gun down while running...

Tigress

I have the game preordered, which I've already stated on this thread, and will get it when the flu passes. I just wondered why exactly the parity would be "fantastic", when a system could do more? I don't think the PC players would be any more thrilled to hear the same of their version of the game. The lack of anti-aliasing in particular is jarring.

Gotta agree here. In fact I'm pretty sure that some of the console hate from some PC gamers is because they get feel their games get hampered by game makers making concessions for consoles. I think you'd remove a lot of console hate from PC gamers if they didn't feel that consoles threatened to keep the games they enjoyed from being the best the game could be.

scitek

Ugh.

Set it to low in the advanced tab under Video settings, then back to whatever you had it at before. It has trouble loading up sometimes. I had the problem, but now can play flawlessly with my previous settings and 16xMSAA, I just have to do that everytime.

GravyButt

This sucks. I just bought the game today, and Ive been so hyped for it for a long time. I tried playing it for about 5-10 minutes (
where you jump onto the other plane is where I had to stop
) before I started getting sick. I never get sick playing video games, but they think im becoming epileptic from a brain injury. REALLY mad right now. Im hoping some good rest will let me try again

But anyways, how is it? Ive been looking for a great fun single player fps for a while now, please tell me its good!

HA! I was an idiot! Press L3 and A, for fucks sake. Doesn't actually say L3 though.
Anyway, one moment of dumbness over and I think I like it but I've only played an hour.

GAF is this worth a blind buy ?
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
(Today, 02:41 PM)

I can't guarantee it
, but this game looks quite good, so it could work as a blind buy. Just make sure you have enough disk space!

GravyButt, try fiddling with the FOV if you haven't already. A more constricting FOV's what gets most players motion-sick.

Dubz

The sounds are allaround terrible. Weak puffs and environmental sounds are weirdly mixed with loud lightning vs quiet explosions etc.

Gunplay is fun when you get miniguns & dualwield assault rifles+run+slide guns blazing.
Just got the mini gun and I agree. AI is mega dumb, but I'm ok with it so far. So far I'm having more fun as I go along. Seems like it will be a fun gruesome corridor shooter.

SkylineRKR

I've come to terms with the AI. They are with a lot sometimes and if they were smarter it would be difficult. Stealth sections aren't tedious either, because there is room for error. Just sometimes the AI will duck behind cover and actually give you a harder time in a gunfight.

I think sound is a big reason to why I find the gunplay to be a bit underwhelming. I love those raw sounds Killzone 2 had for example. Makes shooting with rifles much more fun.

Melchiah

Gotta agree here. In fact I'm pretty sure that some of the console hate from some PC gamers is because they get feel their games get hampered by game makers making concessions for consoles. I think you'd remove a lot of console hate from PC gamers if they didn't feel that consoles threatened to keep the games they enjoyed from being the best the game could be.

Yep. The fact, that both of the new consoles run the game at 1080p/60fps implies, that one of them could do more, like better anti-aliasing for example. It's just disappointing to see after playing games, which are taking a better advantage of the hardware they run on. It's a cross-gen game, but so were many of the launch window titles as well.

My interest is HIGHLY piqued because of this statement. Singularity was underrated and left to die by the publisher. :(

You will like this!

I don't like stealth in games, and don't tend to like playing in a stealthy way. Yet, in this game it is hugely satisfying and entertaining.

TheCloser

Banned
I can't wait to get home and play this. I was a bit worried because of some gaf impressions yesterday but it reviewed better than I expected. It could be a sleeper hit. Can't wait.

I so totally agree. Singularity was awesome. Lot of the same vibes here, though this game is definitely better. I really hope more people will buy Wolfenstein because there just aren't many studios left making story-driven fps-games and Machine Games are one of the best around.

Sort of off-topic but I see this repeatedly in this thread as well that ppl dont know you can see the game's update data/download progress on the PS4. I made a video about these "hidden" features of the PS4 UI while detailing 1.70 here.

pelican

Been having an issue of the Game DVR stopping recording "record that" videos.

Starts off ok, but then after a while it stops recording clips despite Kinect recognising the voice command.

Duxxy3

I'll try my full sized headphones later, but positional audio seems really bad in this game. Can't hear footsteps or much of any movement. Gun sounds are also a little difficult to pick up.

WoolyNinja

So I accidentally bought this online via Sony's store ... fuck. No refunds available. Fuck. £10 more than real copy ... double fuck. Please be worth it.

Not being a smartass here, but since I've heard this from a couple people in the past... how exactly do you accidentally buy something from Sony's store? There are at least 3 button presses needed when I try to buy something. Is there a 'one click' option like Amazon that I don't have turned on?

Marjar

Banned
did you try turning off screen space reflections?

Set it to low in the advanced tab under Video settings, then back to whatever you had it at before. It has trouble loading up sometimes. I had the problem, but now can play flawlessly with my previous settings and 16xMSAA, I just have to do that everytime.

Hmm alright I'll try these then. Thanks.

Edit: Nope didn't work. Screen space reflections was already disabled. Low made it slightly less of a slideshow, but still a slideshow.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
AA? Do you have an AMD card? I can't get any sort of AA working.

Not being a smartass here, but since I've heard this from a couple people in the past... how exactly do you accidentally buy something from Sony's store? There are at least 3 button presses needed when I try to buy something. Is there a 'one click' option like Amazon that I don't have turned on?

I sit there thinking that game looks cool ... then I black out and wake up in another persons house wearing no clothes. When I return I find I bought it.

Game is absolutely fantastic, loving every bit of it so far.

Slight story spoilers below:

The execution scene where Frau's jaw is nearly ripped off made me cringe, but was pretty awesome. She was thrown towards the tree, but we didnt actually see her die...she isnt gone is she?

Webbie

Banned
Ok wtf, i just found the silencer for the pistol or the game says i did, how do i equip it guys or is it auto equipped? I can't tell honestly, at all. Also, damn this game runs smoooooth as butter on my rig and screw the haters, the game is looking great!!

Duxxy3

Ok wtf, i just found the silencer for the pistol or the game says i did, how do i equip it guys or is it auto equipped? I can't tell honestly, at all. Also, damn this game runs smoooooth as butter on my rig and screw the haters, the game is looking great!!

Press right on the d-pad when you have it equipped.

This sucks. I just bought the game today, and Ive been so hyped for it for a long time. I tried playing it for about 5-10 minutes (
where you jump onto the other plane is where I had to stop
) before I started getting sick. I never get sick playing video games, but they think im becoming epileptic from a brain injury. REALLY mad right now. Im hoping some good rest will let me try again

But anyways, how is it? Ive been looking for a great fun single player fps for a while now, please tell me its good!

Try building a stack of DVD cases underneath the monitor to give your eyes a reference point. That worked for me the one time a game gave me motion sickness.

All weapons have different firemodes, pistols firemodes are silencers. Press the firemode buttons whatever you bind them as. One for each hand.

Duxxy3

I'll try my full sized headphones later, but positional audio seems really bad in this game. Can't hear footsteps or much of any movement. Gun sounds are also a little difficult to pick up.

Nope, not the headphones.

Just really bad positional audio. Practically non-existent positioning.

Top Bottom