• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman who drove on sidewalk to avoid school bus ordered to wear ‘idiot’ sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
125877881_4dc2bb6b1b.jpg

LOL could they really have not just changed it to "Black People"?

alterno69

Banned
Wait, she did that regularly? WTF that was too soft, fine shoul be in the thousands at least and some 20+ hours of service.

The american justice system is completely broken when it comes to vehicular crime.

Should have been at least a 1 year suspension of license, a $5,000 fine and 40 hours of community service....as a crossing guard at a school.

DrFurbs

I seen a friend of mine who mounted a pathway one to avoid red lights. He drove down the pathway a good 50 yards before dismounting and going on. Everyone in the car (they told me) where screaming like crazy, he was just a hot head but my what a stupid move. Luckily it was after night shift and no one was on the pathway. But it was a ridiculous move.

dark_chris

The american justice system is completely broken when it comes to vehicular crime.

Should have been at least a 1 year suspension of license, a $5,000 fine and 40 hours of community service....as a crossing guard at a school.

While wearing a sign as to why shes there.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Joke of a punishment. Way too lenient. Especially considering she did this regularly and only got caught once. I like the idea of having her do community service as a crossing guard.

Askani

Not harsh enough punishment, IMO.

A 30 day suspension on her license? That's it?

What the hell?

Punishment is waaaaaaaaaay too lenient.

Not enough. This moron should be serving jail time.

Pretty much. She did this multiple times. As in, she did it once and the bus driver saw her. She did it a second time, bus driver gets it on video and calls the cops. She did it a third time and the police were waiting. She did it a minimum of three times, maybe more. On top of that she may have done it to other bus drivers and/or sidewalks.

Not enough. Not nearly.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It's the Scarlett letter of the 21st century. Totally appropriate punishment if you ask me. We need more punishment like this.

Edit: Also, yeah. That shouldn't be the only punishment. Just what she needs to wear after her initial punishment of jailtime. She was just stupid and wreckless and, well, an idiot..

Also, to go with all the rest:

2133308-buster_bluth_stole_super.png

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Dont we have a law against cruel and unusual punishment? This is pretty unusual lol. But seriously, it sounds like the best way to punish her and show other people being impatient at a school is dangerous.

Some douche pulled this on me in middle school. I'd just stepped onto the bus and they zipped by about 3 inches from the open bus door on the sidewalk. If I was a few seconds slower getting onto the bus, he would've flattened me.

No sympathy for that lady.

cdyhybrid

I like it. Jails are already overcrowded and this probably gets the point across to her better.

Edit: Seems she's done this multiple times. In that case she deserves jail time.

Bladenic

Punishment should be a whole week. How dumb. Just the other day I was behind a car who drove pAst a bus which had already stopped to let kids out. The bus driver honked loudly, as he should have.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/DieHard?from=Film.DieHard

Bowdlerization: Played straight with TV edits of the films (see: Mr. Falcon), but interestingly inverted in With a Vengeance. At the beginning of the film, McClane is wearing a sign which reads "I hate niggers"; when the scene was originally filmed, the sign Bruce Willis wore actually read "I hate everybody" (which is what the sign reads in the TV edit of the film) in order to avoid any problems with the local residents - they filmed that particular scene in Harlem.

Jangocube

Banned
Picture of the chick

I'm all for different forms of punishment that don't include a jail sentence, but this is a pretty light ruling for something so stupid and reckless.

Oh well, at least everyone knows what a terrible human being she is.

shira

shutterstock_1004921-390x285.jpg

This should get permenantly stamped on every car she buys

Absolutely. I saw the video in the thread about this originally. I cannot think of many more reckless things someone could do other than drive over a sidewalk with kids getting off a bus.

I can see some dipshits throwing eggs at her and what not.

Nevasleep

I think it's a good punishment, maybe a slightly longer suspension and fine.
Now if she gets caught again, certainly jailtime.

Striek

I can't say I agree with a judge having the power to enact such a sentence. And clearly 30 days suspension of licence is a joke. But damn thats hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom