• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman who drove on sidewalk to avoid school bus ordered to wear ‘idiot’ sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

It's insane how easily she got off. I wish she had been hit with a huge fine and a complete suspension of her license for at least six months to a year. I hate idiot drivers like this, I see morons do things like this way too often, and to see one so blatantly caught and then receive just about no punishment at all is just mind boggling.

I wouldn't have a single bit of care had they went so far as to charge her with multiple counts of child endangerment or something like that.

Slight update.

icWvrufWs632T.png

Is there video of this? Because if there is, it should be set to the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can you relink this to imgur? It's the only picture sharing website that my workplace do not block. Thanks!

aku:jiki

Disappointing that the sign doesn't specifically refer to her. Most people will assume that she's just protesting something. Boo!

JdFoX187

Banned
What's the story behind this one?

Die Hard With a Vengeance. Simon, the villain, made him go to a predominately black area and wear that sign. But they post-processing edited it to another phrase.

EDIT: Seeing the sign, she got off INSANELY lucky. That's all she had to do?

Fuck her feelings. Don't drive on the sidewalk to avoid a schoolbus.

I mean, I *hate* when I miss my train because the bus has to stop and pick up a kid in the neighborhood in a wheelchair but that's MY fault for not leaving sooner and giving myself enough time.

Hopefully the embarrassment and shame of having to show her face with a sign around it will give her pause the next time.

Sunglasses, sure, but ordering her to not wear a hat when it's 30 degrees outside would be cruel and unusual punishment.

No it wouldn't. She'd be fine. That's like saying punishing her via public shame an embarrassment is cruel and unusual.

She might maybe possibly catch a cold? OH THE HORROR!

coldfoot

Banned
No it wouldn't. She'd be fine. That's like saying punishing her via public shame an embarrassment is cruel and unusual.

She might maybe possibly catch a cold? OH THE HORROR!

It's cruel and unusual punishment to deliberately make someone sick or cause conditions for them to get sick. Might as well return to middle age practices of lashing and torture in that case.
Holding up that sign is not cruel and unusual punishment.

It's cruel and unusual punishment to deliberately make someone sick or cause conditions for them to get sick. Might as well return to middle age practices of lashing and torture in that case.
Holding up that sign is not cruel and unusual punishment.

Two hours outside without a hat over the course of two days doesn't make someone sick. Read a science book.

coldfoot

Banned
Two hours outside without a hat over the course of two days doesn't make someone sick. Read a science book.
I'm sure the science (& medicine) book would say that it depended on the individual and any pre existing conditions they might have, the outside temperature, and the windchill. Why don't you go practice what you preach?

I was really hoping for a more severe penalty, read: longer suspension of driving privileges.

Too many citizens take the privilege for granted, and this lady made the most egregious of fucking decisions by driving on a god damn sidewalk.

The sad part is I have friends who have had their driving privileges suspended for 12 months, for less than this. Sadly that sentence was probably a case of DWB in a mostly white part of town.

Such bullshit.

This bimbo should be riding the bus for the next 12 months.

shira

I'm sure the science (& medicine) book would say that it depended on the individual and any pre existing conditions they might have, the outside temperature, and the windchill. Why don't you go practice what you preach?

Durrrr if you have wet hair and it's cold you get sick Durrrr

Ponn

Banned

I frequently wore only a windbreaker to school in the winter in Michigan as a kid. *shrugs* Really depends on wind chill. A hat, especially that one in the picture, is not going to make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom