• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

won an xbox, I think-need help

fnmore1

OK- I just got this email from gift-winner,
that says I won an xbox and 5 games-
the only catch is I have to pay for shipping(7.50) within 3 days
and the only way you can pay this is with your bank's debit card-
does this seem legit? it also asks for your pin number, which would be encrypted-but that
seems strange to me
thanks

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Yeah...I'm not familiar with Gift-Winner, but I'm pretty sure this has scam written all over it.

PROTIP: Never give out debit or credit card information on the Internet unless you're absolutely familiar with the seller.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Nah, I've won stuff from them before. They're on the straight and narrow. Give them your social security number also, just to be sure the transfer goes through. They have to check with the government to cancel the gift transfer taxes.

cka

Drexon said:
<insert "You suck at the internet" pic>

You got it.

Yousuck.jpg

P.S.: I got this same email a few weeks ago, and after I got into their login page and saw that they needed my debit card # and pin # I laughed for like ten minutes. The scam almost worked. Also, for hilarity, read the "previous winners" pages about the kid who wanted a ps2 for weeks then finally won one. Pure comedy I tells ya.

Kon Tiki

Banned
haha this site is a complete mess.

John Wilson of Ohio, USA ...

Alex Henderson of London, England ...

Jeremy Neil of Melbourne, Australia ...

Alisha Diamond of California, USA ...

They do not list the City for US winners? They claim to be American. Based out of the state of Nevada/Tennessee/California (yes all three lol) to be exact.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
No business should ever have to ask you for you pin number. EVER.

Superbone

Grizzlyjin said:
Nah, I've won stuff from them before. They're on the straight and narrow. Give them your social security number also, just to be sure the transfer goes through. They have to check with the government to cancel the gift transfer taxes.

You are a very bad man, Mr. Jin!

Use this form to file a complaint to the FTC.

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Or.

If you have a specific complaint about unsolicited commercial e-mail (spam), use the form below. You can forward spam directly to the Commission at SPAM@UCE.GOV without using the complaint form.

The unfortunate thing is that some people fall for these sort of bank scams...perhaps it's deserved...but still, even stupid people should be protected.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
MrPing1000 said:
secret.jpg

That sign is less obvious than the answer to your predicament

haha, i come from brentwood, that nuclear bunker is stuff of legend round there.

Top Bottom