• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 Fantasy League

Slizz

I can't believe for every player I sub 2 pts get deducted....Thanks to everyone who told me to put in all my shitty players.....Sure the good players might do well or whatever but id rather not have 2 pts deducted......

thy_

Slizz said:
I can't believe for every player I sub 2 pts get deducted....Thanks to everyone who told me to put in all my shitty players.....Sure the good players might do well or whatever but id rather not have 2 pts deducted......

What?
Your sure?
I've only got the points deducted the subbed out players actually earned.
No kind of penalty for making subs.

sestrugen

Slizz said:

Thats not how it works, you only get deducted the points that your subbed players earned, theres no penalty for subbing someone

Tf53

4KBqB.jpg

Here's where I stand so far. Got a bit fucked with the keeper choice, but luckily NED should have an easy time with DEN. Lahm was just as good as I expected, and while Messi was a bit disappointing given all the chances, I'll gladly take the extra 9 points.

Juicy Bob

Great World Cup for me so far...

Got pwned during the England-USA game, watched my 2nd nation get destroyed 4-0 by Germany and Cahill gets sent off and I can't substitute him. Urgh.

Oxx

Hoping that Sneijder and V Persie can pull it out in the second half. If not it will have been a pretty barren week for my team.

Slizz

sestrugen said:
Thats not how it works, you only get deducted the points that your subbed players earned, theres no penalty for subbing someone
Obviously I am lacking reading comprehension lol thank you for clarifying.

Tf53

Patrick Roy said:
Can we change our lineup before each match day?
Substitutions open up at midnight SAST. You can sub your benched players (those that haven't played yet) for any players of the same position that weren't sent off.

You can choose a new starting line-up before Round 2, and you can also make substitutions before that. I think it'll be a narrow window, seeing that the first game of Round 2 will be played 30 minutes after the last game of Round 1 ends.

You can transfer one player without a transfer fee after Round 1, and more if you pay 2 points per extra transfer.

Did I answer your question?

thy_

14cxhqf.jpg

That's me so far.
Hoping for New Zealand and North Korea to choke badly and for Spain to deliver on Wednesday to rescue the round for me.

woodchuck

joined as FC Tshabalalas

14uyqmp.jpg

Biggest mistakes so far are Schweinsteiger or Eto'o. Schweinsteiger played really deep against Australia. I can't see him scoring enough points for that type of investment. And Cameroon looked god awful today. It'll be tough for Eto'o to get any goals.

Definitely going to transfer one of those two.

Slizz

if Casillas posts a shutout, and Ramos doesn't get carded I think I'll be in good shape after the first round.

thy_

Juicy Bob said:
Whoops! Unlucky mate!

Well at least Maicon did deliver even if that last minute goal did cost me 8 points.
Gilberto Melo was epic self-pwnge. With Gilberto and Melo starting, one would think one of those guys would be him. Not Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo.

Hamsik and Weiss getting both 3 points. : /
And Deco getting 5 points, as much as Sneijder and Di Maria did.

Now I still have Xavi and David Villa and Diego Benaglio.
Putting only Xavi and David Villa in my starting 11 and gonna be so pissed if Benaglio gets a clean sheet against Spain.

thy_

thy_ said:
Now I still have Xavi and David Villa and Diego Benaglio.
Putting only Xavi and David Villa in my starting 11 and gonna be so pissed if Benaglio gets a clean sheet against Spain.

Well this did just work out beautifully:
Xavi 4 points
David Villa 3 points
Diego Benaglio 11 points

FML

Hopp Schwiiz Hopp

n0n44m

290zhns.png

didn't play Benaglio or J. Tae Se due to fear of read cards and not expecting anything from them against these opponents =( =(

forgot to transfer Nani lol

Should have made Lahm captain; didn't realize you can switch to a different captain after every match until after the NL-DK game was over and I saw I could hand captaincy to a different player than sucky v Persie =/

skads_187

just got another question. after round 1 (which past already). if i made a transfer, would i lose the pts from that player in round 1? or do you keep those pts?

also, after reading the last post, if you change captains lets say while the substitution is open, do you lose those double points from your last captain, how does it work?

sorry guys, still trying to figure out how this works.

im 33rd place so far in our league.

thy_

skads_187 said:
just got another question. after round 1 (which past already). if i made a transfer, would i lose the pts from that player in round 1? or do you keep those pts?

also, after reading the last post, if you change captains lets say while the substitution is open, do you lose those double points from your last captain, how does it work?

sorry guys, still trying to figure out how this works.

im 33rd place so far in our league.

Not going to help you. I plummeted to 46.

No you don't retroactively lose points if you transfer a player out. All your transfers only effect the next round. But the transfer window for Round 2 already closed, so any transfers you do now will only take effect from Round 3 onwards.

Yes if you de-captain someone he loses the double point bonus and you can only make someone captain who hasn't played yet.

skads_187

thx thy_

so for the captain change, you can change to a captain that hasnt played yet for each round or the who tournament though?

yeah and for my transfers, i was thinking for future references (round 3)

n0n44m

skads_187 said:
thx thy_

so for the captain change, you can change to a captain that hasnt played yet for each round or the who tournament though?

yeah and for my transfers, i was thinking for future references (round 3)

you can choose a new captain every day as far as I know

had v Persie, then Lucio, then Ramos

now I have Pienaar as captain so I'm praying the fucker doesn't get a 2nd yellow lol, cause red card = no substitution and no other captain

skads_187

n0n44m said:
you can choose a new captain every day as far as I know

had v Persie, then Lucio, then Ramos

now I have Pienaar as captain so I'm praying the fucker doesn't get a 2nd yellow lol, cause red card = no substitution and no other captain

but since you kept changing captains, didnt you lose the double pts of the previous captain?
and if so, then your simply taking the risk and hoping you r next captain gets more pts right?

n0n44m

skads_187 said:
but since you kept changing captains, didnt you lose the double pts of the previous captain?
and if so, then your simply taking the risk and hoping you r next captain gets more pts right?

yes v persie only got 3 (so 6 if I kept him as captain), lucio then only 3 as well, Ramos luckily 6 so 12 points as captain

but if I had taken Lahm from the start he would have 26 and I wouldn't have risked choosing another :( :( :(

Tf53 said:
Guess who has Forlan as his captain?

Tf53
soooooooo lucky
(Today, 10:18 PM)
Reply | Quote

=P

n0n44m

19 ...

should have played Karagounis lol .. thought it would be a red card game and that they would lose, but it's the Nigerians fucking it up :/

Juicy Bob

That New Zealand goal - despite being highly enjoyable - just cost me 8 points in clean sheet bonuses for Cannavaro and Zambrotta. :(

Oxx

I decided against switching-out Messi's 7 points in favour of Luis Fabiano against CIV. I hope he doesn't make me look stupid.

Tf53

Oxx said:
I decided against switching-out Messi's 7 points in favour of Luis Fabiano against CIV. I hope he doesn't make me look stupid.
That didn't work out too well.

Also, mere minutes after I transferred Elano into my team for Round 3, he gets carried off the pitch. FML.

woodchuck

this has been an awful fantasy day for me.

I had Fabiano in the first round. Transferred him for Messi. ugh

I had Kaka as my captain. At one point, he had 24 points. Then the goal conceded, then the yellow card, and then the second yellow card. Lost me fucking 8 points. fuck you diving ivory coast player. fuck you

Tf53

Somehow I'm glad that Woodchuck had Kaká as his captain, since he's doing way too well. :D

I do think it's a bit bullshit that you can't swap formations mid-round, though. You can sub players from different positions in any game, why not in FF?

woodchuck

Tf53 said:
Somehow I'm glad that Woodchuck had Kaká as his captain, since he's doing way too well. :D

I do think it's a bit bullshit that you can't swap formations mid-round, though. You can sub players from different positions in any game, why not in FF?

what do you mean? i've been swapping formations mid-round. You can sub out any player for any player as long as you're still playing a valid formation.

Slizz

I've pretty much given up on my squad. It sucks that i have to wait 4 years for another one of these lol. Do they do Premier League or any other major league fantasy? And if so does gaf ever do that?

Tf53

I need Villa and Ramos to get me some points. Villa certainly seems to be pulling his weight, but Ramos needs to man the fuck up.

woodchuck

yesssssss

I'm in a head to head league too. My opponent had Villa as the captain. If he made the PK, he would have beaten me. Instead it was minus 2 :lol

woodchuck

i took a major gamble

I had Kaka, Ribery, Heinze, and Eto'o

Transferred Kaka due to the red card
Transferred Ribery due to the clusterfuck that's France
Transferred Heinze due to Argentina already qualified and he has a yellow
Transferred Eto'o because Cameroon is already out, and I'm not sure how effective he'll be against Netherlands.

Took a 9 point penalty. We'll see if it pays off...

Oxx

Pretty dreadful day for me... Gourcuff, Marquez, Mascherano all did more harm than good and Messi still hasn't scored.

Oxx

My one remaining quandary is whether or not to sub in Luis Fabiano ahead of Messi, van Persie, or Ronaldo.

Keeping him on the bench last round really burned me, but I'm not even sure if he'll be risked against POR.

I might put him in ahead of Messi. The Argentinian only has 10 points because I made him captain.

Juicy Bob

Decided to sub out Howard in goal for Stekelenburg, who'd got me 20 points from the first 2 rounds. I also made him captain, hoping for another clean sheet to get me 20 more points rather than Howard's 10...

Whoops.

Tf53

Juicy Bob said:
Decided to sub out Howard in goal for Stekelenburg, who'd got me 20 points from the first 2 rounds. I also made him captain, hoping for another clean sheet to get me 20 more points rather than Howard's 10...

Whoops.
I did the exact opposite. Went with Howard as my captain, knowing that I can always sub in Stekelenburg. After Howard's 10 point game, had no need. Other than that, this round has been a bit meh for me. Hoping Villa and Elano show up today.

Juicy Bob

Just so everyone knows, we've got unlimited transfers right now untill the Round of 16 begins tomorrow. So fill your boots while you can.

Tf53

It's hard to pick players for the last day of the first playoff round. Not only are the pairings clear, either Brazil or Portugal will most likely face Spain. If Chile makes it as well, those games will be fucking hard to figure out. If they were the first games, I'd pick more players from those teams, but as it is now, I'll only pick Brazilian or Portuguese players if they're playing against Switzerland.

Top Bottom