• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
scoobs said:
Sit back, DoT everything on the screen, take no damage, win.
Yeah and?

Also Shaman was pretty much press butan turn your enemies into confetti once you got windfury, but then you unlock wolves at like 68 and well...

scoobs

Gvaz said:
Yeah and?

Also Shaman was pretty much press butan turn your enemies into confetti once you got windfury, but then you unlock wolves at like 68 and well...
I used to play melee classes (predominately rogue and some DK) so its pretty amazing how much easier ranged classes are in just about every aspect.

Alex

Everything is easy while leveling. It's once you hit end game that you can actually field an argument.

Enhance is an odd duck at end game because its arguably one the roughest without an addon and one of the smoothest with that addon :lol (Shock and Awe)

From MMO-Champion:

"If I had to give an estimation I would say the patch will hit the live servers before the end of the month if we're lucky, but definitely not before that."

Oh, good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So much for "We're gonna release smaller patches instead of big patches so we can release new content and features faster"...nothing has changed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
So much for "We're gonna release smaller patches instead of big patches so we can release new content and features faster"...nothing has changed.
Actually, it's literally slower than WLK. In WLK they had a raid out 5 months past launch, and also launched with more dungeons and leveling content in the first place.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Angry Grimace said:
Actually, it's literally slower than WLK. In WLK they had a raid out 5 months past launch, and also launched with more dungeons and leveling content in the first place.

It's because they keep adding new features into 4.1 almost every week or 2, not to mention class balances. When everyone thought 4.1 was just going to be about 2 (old) trolls heroics...in february? God, it's been so long.

That's why i really hope 4.2 is only about the Firelands raid and its daily quests zone, nothing else. We don't want another 2-3 months wait once 4.1 is released.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
It's because they keep adding new features into 4.1 almost every week or 2, not to mention class balances. When everyone thought 4.1 was just going to be about 2 (old) trolls heroics...in february? God, it's been so long.

That's why i really hope 4.2 is only about the Firelands raid and its daily quests zone, nothing else. We don't want another 2-3 months wait once 4.1 is released.
I just like the fact that they claimed they would have 2 things.

1) Faster Patches
2) Smaller Patches

They only delivered on one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maybe it was because people were bitching about class balance changes occurring one after another in a short period of time? Warriors were hit hard I think?

But that doesn't change that they could make class balance less frequent and other things more frequent.

Those were hotfixes tho.

Noctix

Hi guys, i have a question regarding cho'gall fight (normal mode :( ). We downed him a week ago and I noticed it back then that my holy shield wouldn't come up when I was tanking cho'gall. It will come up when I wasn't tanking him. But as soon as he was on me I didn't had the holy shield. I wasn't sure if it was a ui bug or something. Anyways this week when we were attempting him again I noticed the same thing. Is it intended?

ILOVEASIANS said:
"If I had to give an estimation I would say the patch will hit the live servers before the end of the month if we're lucky, but definitely not before that."

This patch really is full of troll content.

Angry Grimace

charlequin said:
Actually, before this goes any farther, that's just Boubouille editorializing, it's not from Blue Tracker or anything.
Boubouille hasn't been wrong on a patch drop date since TBC.

GLopez12

Neo Member
charlequin said:
Actually, before this goes any farther, that's just Boubouille editorializing, it's not from Blue Tracker or anything.
Even then, he's probably right. I know from a source at Blizzard that they had planned to release this patch a lot faster, at least a few months ago. Now, it seems like they keep adding all sorts of stuff that, while nice, I would rather have had the patch weeks ago.

Like, if you really think about it, this patch doesn't even have that much content. It has one rehashed battleground for 10V10, one rehashed arena, two rehashed dungeons, some class changes that really should be hotfixes and some good interface changes. That's it. It really shouldn't be taking so long.

Blizzard needs to change how they plan, work on and release patches. They are just taking way too long to do everything.

Angry Grimace said:
Boubouille hasn't been wrong on a patch drop date since TBC.
I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's completely wrong. Off the top of my head, I can remember a few patches he predicted that ended up not coming out. It's not necessarily his fault, though, because most of his information is from inside sources. I think a lot of people would be surprised with how fluid release dates are even for people working at Blizzard.

For example, whenever high-rated PVPers get info from developers, it always comes with a disclaimer. It's almost like even Blizzard doesn't know what it's really going to do at times.

markot

Banned
If they are unable to do small quick patches, then they should just work on big ones and take their time..... This middle of the road nothingness is just silly.

Maybe they are only using pet store money to fund wow dev from now on >_> Get that mount out asap!

Angry Grimace

GLopez12 said:
I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's completely wrong. Off the top of my head, I can remember a few patches he predicted that ended up not coming out. It's not necessarily his fault, though, because most of his information is from inside sources. I think a lot of people would be surprised with how fluid release dates are even for people working at Blizzard.

For example, whenever high-rated PVPers get info from developers, it always comes with a disclaimer. It's almost like even Blizzard doesn't know what it's really going to do at times.
I've read MMOC since before WLK came out and he has been right about every patch.

I suppose it's just your word against mine, but I'm 95% certain I wasn't hallucinating all those patches, because there really weren't' that many.

What bothers me about 4.1 is that it has grown more and more bloated. I mean, when it was originally announced, it was more like a 4.05 or 4.075 patch, not enough to deserve the full incremental moniker. Now it's a patch that's still light on actual new content and heavy on features that could have been held for a subsequent patch.

Really though, a .X patch in WoW doesn't feel right unless it includes new raid content or a new battleground or the like. This patch delivers neither so far.

Also I'm sad because my WoW account automatically renewed yesterday when I was fairly certain I had a few more days before it would (I was running on a time-card for the last 2 months.) It covers me through Children's Week though which is all I really wanted to do at this point in time.

What has me curious is how fast they can turn around and release 4.2 after 4.1. Normally .X patches last between 4-6 months. Blizzard said they intended to have a quick turnaround though. What's the least amount of time that a major patch could be on the PTR before being released, assuming that it's put up soon after 4.1 is out? 3 weeks? 6 weeks? Longer?

I don't think it would have been a problem if Blizzard had made the starting Cataclysm content a bit easier. I like a challenge, but I think they missed the mark for the majority of the player-base. If anything, the first tier of an expansion should be slightly easier to progress through, compensating for the having to learn new class/game mechanics, as well as spending time leveling up and collecting a new minimum level of gear.

GLopez12

Neo Member
markot said:
If they are unable to do small quick patches, then they should just work on big ones and take their time..... This middle of the road nothingness is just silly.
I completely agree with this. If this is Blizzard's try at incremental patches, they have completely failed. They need to completely change how they work on patches or just give up.

Angry Grimace said:
I've read MMOC since before WLK came out and he has been right about every patch.

I suppose it's just your word against mine, but I'm 95% certain I wasn't hallucinating all those patches, because there really weren't' that many.
He was definitely wrong with 4.0 and Cataclysm release dates by about one month. He was also off with the Icecrown Citadel patch. I distinctly remember these because I have to follow patch release dates to know when the arena season is ending or and a new one is starting.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GLopez12 said:
I completely agree with this. If this is Blizzard's try at incremental patches, they have completely failed. They need to completely change how they work on patches or just give up.

He was definitely wrong with 4.0 and Cataclysm release dates by about one month. He was also off with the Icecrown Citadel patch. I distinctly remember these because I have to follow patch release dates to know when the arena season is ending or and a new one is starting.
Just because I'm bored...

by Boubouille Published on 2010-09-13 08:11 AM

as far as I know the target release date for Cataclysm is the first week of November (that would be November 2, if you like numbers).

The first part of the Cataclysm prologue started exactly 8 weeks before that and the next part of the pre-Cataclysm event will probably happen in 2 or 4 weeks depending on their schedule. "

by Boubouille Published on 2010-09-27 06:46 AM

Cataclysm Release Date Postponed (Not Official)
either December 7 or December 14

by Boubouille Published on 2010-09-30 08:35 PM

Cataclysm Release Date - December 7th

by Boubouille Published on 2010-09-30 09:09 AM

Patch 4.0.1 release date
We're very close to the release of Patch 4.0.1
As far as I can tell, you can probably expect the patch on October 5th or October 12th.

As far as I can tell he was right on the estimate of 4.0.1. (-4 weeks). I think being able to estimate 1 month in advance is pretty good right there. I'm not looking back through August.

The cat launch was postponed and then he was able to confirm the real launch in late Sept. I think finding out 2 months earlier was good.

Anyways, all charlequin means is that it's the best estimate and not official.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
GLopez12 said:
You kind of proved my point.

But whatever. I'm not that interested in this topic.
I disproved half of your point, and a expansion delay is understandable and not a patch.

My point is he can always give an accurate estimate at least a month in advance, and he delivered on that with 4.0 and the Cat launch. Which is not your point.

Alex

I'm not at all miffed about the content, we still have a fair bit of content to go in our guild, and that's perfectly fine with me. I'm really having a good time currently as I love heroic raids but in order to preserve my time and sanity I do them in a reasonable guild with several friends, so for my timetable it's very peachy. Four down so far, this shit is *hard*!

I upped my DPS on Heroic Chimeraon though, I got 19.5k on my Frost DK last night! Hooray for improvement! I couldn't get past about like 17kish before. I also got the heroic plate DPS trinket from him too, so I am happy.

Anyhow, back on subject I just want the stuff originally plotted out in 4.1 live soon, or preferably already up! Personally, I wouldn't have even cared if they wanted to do something between 4.1 and 4.2, that's the whole point of all this and why people were happy; incremental patches.

4.1 has , for my tastes, a lot of neat stuff in it, but at this point they need to finish bug squashing and cut it loose. They shouldn't have made that promise about the 4.2 PTR because I strongly assume that's the cause of this. 4.2 isn't ready to be tested but they're now obligated to put it up RIGHT AFTER 4.1.

Alex said:
4.1 has , for my tastes, a lot of neat stuff in it, but at this point they need to finish bug squashing and cut it loose. They shouldn't have made that promise about the 4.2 PTR because I strongly assume that's the cause of this. 4.2 isn't ready to be tested but they're now obligated to put it up RIGHT AFTER 4.1.

What bothers me is that if you're doing hard modes, 4.1 basically provides nothing for you. You can run ZG and ZA a few times for fun, but the loot there isn't going to be useful. So unless you're a mount collector, there's no incentive to run new heroics. And with 4.1 continually getting pushed back, that pushes 4.2 back even further as well. And THAT's where the real "new" content is.

Alex

There's a ton of changes, additions and tweaks and the such that are super interesting to me in 4.1, but like I said in terms of flat out pure content I don't really need any yet myself, personally at only 4 down in hard modes. I will do ZG/ZA on my alt some though, finally got a proper alt up.

I wish the guild challenges were something a little more interesting though. But maybe it'll help a 10 man guild like ours cap out easier. We've fallen behind on the whole XP thing pretty handily.

They said something about a more pure method of new content before, like meaningful phased challenges or something in the world that'll be coming, I wanna hear about those, but not right now lest they try to shove it in 4.1 too!

ToyMachine228 said:
What bothers me is that if you're doing hard modes, 4.1 basically provides nothing for you. You can run ZG and ZA a few times for fun, but the loot there isn't going to be useful. So unless you're a mount collector, there's no incentive to run new heroics. And with 4.1 continually getting pushed back, that pushes 4.2 back even further as well. And THAT's where the real "new" content is.
Good, 4.2 needs to come out in August or September.

J-Rzez

The sad part is all of this stuff was in the works when everything else was in development basically as far as the real meat of the content patches. All these little tweaks, some interesting, others not asked for, are doing nothing but already pushing back further a patch which has two-dungeons only really that should have launched one to two months tops after release. 4.2 is going to hit when it's scheduled to there, 4.1 is on a slider though, as it was meant to all be released at the same time originally. Well, outside of that originally Firelands was supposed to be launch content actually. Between how they're treating this game anymore as well as their fans in the in the end, one has to for the first time really wonder if we're seeing the "end" of WoW, that they're burnt out on it themselves, and will just plug on with enough effort to maybe retain just a large enough sub-base to get them profits they need to get from it. If they lose a few million users, thus be it, as they're just burnt out.

4.2 in Sept is probably the worst thing that can happen to this game. They release it then, I can assure you they'll take a much larger hit in the sub-base than even they wouldn't mind to. Especially if 4.2 is basically a quest hub-zone, and a 7-boss raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom