• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

LFR is easy and incredibly dull. I think the game would be better off without it.

Normal DS is puggable and so was normal ICC. That's about the right level of challenge for the game I would say, but whatever, there are people out there who want to see Deathwing without looking for pugs, and that's fine. The whole thing feels very boring and non-epic though, so I can't imagine even those people are particularly entertained. When I killed LK in a PUG it was still pretty exhilarating, when I killed Deathwing in LFR it was a complete non-event, just 25 people sitting in a single spot mashing buttons.

Sarcasm

If your horde and want to do old raid for transmorg gear I think we can real id que up for it or something. I'd like to do it and transmorg gear too.

Cipherr

How easy is lfr? I ask cause I can queue up but as a tank or you think I can DPS in my PVP spec?

Character armory is posted up a few posts.

If you can queue for them, you are ready for them. LFR is the endgame raid scaled down to the general difficulty of a heroic dungeon.... It just has 25 people. Its pretty difficult to screw up in there.

LFR is easy and incredibly dull. I think the game would be better off without it.

Normal DS is puggable and so was normal ICC. That's about the right level of challenge for the game I would say, but whatever, there are people out there who want to see Deathwing without looking for pugs, and that's fine. The whole thing feels very boring and non-epic though, so I can't imagine even those people are particularly entertained. When I killed LK in a PUG it was still pretty exhilarating, when I killed Deathwing in LFR it was a complete non-event, just 25 people sitting in a single spot mashing buttons.

I have a hard time understanding this POV, you can still go kill DW in a PUG if you find it that much more exhilarating. Or a guild even, nothing has been removed. Just a toy has been added for the people who wouldn't have had the time/skill/give-a-crap to do it otherwise. And their reward? To get to watch the terrible cutscenes and a 1 in 25 shot as a piece of gear a few ilvls above heroic gear.

It very literally adds to the game without removing anything at all. There is no chance in hell its not a permanent feature. Id bet anything its available for every raid tier next expansion.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, Bibi at MMO-Champ seems to think the Internal Alpha has started. Feeling good about a beta next month or early April.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was too because of the reasons he had posted about it. I don't think we'll be seeing Beta until like April/May. :\

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Buy epics off the auction house.

And ruin himself if he is not rich?

No, better do regular heroics for a few justice point rewards(might even buy a valor point relic/ranged weapon the first week), then buy some item lvl 377 blue pvp items when he's around 340 to quickly get into the hour of twilight ones.

Chris R

I have enough honor points to get some iLvl 393 pvp stuff... should I consider it even though it has resilience on it? And I can't get into heroics atm, my average iLvl is only 300 due to using my WOTLK trinkets still :( Haven't found good replacements yet.

TheYanger

I have enough honor points to get some iLvl 393 pvp stuff... should I consider it even though it has resilience on it? And I can't get into heroics atm, my average iLvl is only 300 due to using my WOTLK trinkets still :( Haven't found good replacements yet.

Yes. just boost your ilevel. You can buy epics and pvp blues from the AH WITHOUT equipping/binding them to bump your ilevel, and run the highest stuff you can to get some legitimate gear, then re-sell the stuff you bought.

ampere

So, Bibi at MMO-Champ seems to think the Internal Alpha has started. Feeling good about a beta next month or early April.

I'm thinking we'll see Mists before the end of the summer. I'm really itching to see more info on the Monk class! I will probably main swap to one, unless I really dislike it in the beta.

Alchemy

Even a PUG is a pretty high amount of organization for casual players. LFR is a huge positive addition to the game seeing as a majority of the community never even saw end game raid content, even with the post 'world first' nerfs that drastically drop their difficulty.

The entire point of LFR is for casual players to see some of the end game raid content, it really isn't there for people who already do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even a PUG is a pretty high amount of organization for casual players. LFR is a huge positive addition to the game seeing as a majority of the community never even saw end game raid content, even with the post 'world first' nerfs that drastically drop their difficulty.

The entire point of LFR is for casual players to see some of the end game raid content, it really isn't there for people who already do it.

Not according to the crazy hardcores. It's there just to taunt you with similar gear. (This argument was once made to me by a hardcore player)

Bisnic

Not according to the crazy hardcores. It's there just to taunt you with similar gear. (This argument was once made to me by a hardcore player)

Some "hardcore" players are just terrible assholes/retards. I feel like they join LFR just to be jerks in beating everyone in Recount. I had one DK the other day mocking me because he was #1 in DPS while i was #2 and 10k behind in DPS in Madness of Deathwing. He was at 60k while i was at 50k.

Never mind the fact that his DK ass was mostly using 397 epics, while my arms warrior have mostly 378. Even if i told him that, he still called me "bad". These kind of people are such a plague.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some "hardcore" players are just terrible assholes/retards. I feel like they join LFR just to be jerks in beating everyone in Recount. I had one DK the other day mocking me because he was #1 in DPS while i was #2 and 10k behind in DPS in Madness of Deathwing. He was at 60k while i was at 50k.

Never mind the fact that his DK ass was mostly using 397 epics, while my arms warrior have mostly 378. Even if i told him that, he still called me "bad". These kind of people are such a plague.

It's easy to win on Madness. Just pop all your CD's right before he casts Cataclysm.

daedalius

So I just transmorged my gear to the Shaman set from Ulduar... SO GOOD.

Now I just need that scrub to drop some axes for me in the instance with Illidan so I can transmorg those into the gladiator's cleavers that sheathe on your back.

Thoraxes

All I can say is that he is correct, if my sources are also to be believed. I'm not really sure about when the F&F Alpha will start, but I will ask my friend for some info.

ch0mp

Kinda funny that he would A: care about meters in LFR and B: think 60k is big dps.

mileS

If your horde and want to do old raid for transmorg gear I think we can real id que up for it or something. I'd like to do it and transmorg gear too.

hmm that works? I thought the real ID raiding thing was only for DS? Pretty neat if it does.

Alchemy

Solo'd AQ20 easily enough during lunch and did an ugly kill of the first AQ40 boss. AQ20 was quick and decent cash, but I need to remember to wear my Tier 5 on the first AQ40 boss. Terrorpene was a bad ass though and had that covered for me.

Angry Grimace

Good. Do we know if the annual sub people get in the very first wave? I'd would like to think yes.

I would tend to doubt it - the idea of letting annual sub dudes in is just for stress testing, which I don't think they are at yet.

Eh? My post had nothing to do with me having trouble to beat Madness. :s I never said that lol.

Win the DPS meters, I mean, not the fight. DW takes like 100% more damage during the Cataclysm cast, so if you just spam your CDs then, as opposed to some other relevant time, you'll do the most DPS even though it's totally irrelevant on LFR since your actual DPS on the limb is utterly meaningless in that mode.

RPGCrazied

I would tend to doubt it - the idea of letting annual sub dudes in is just for stress testing, which I don't think they are at yet.

Win the DPS meters, I mean, not the fight. DW takes like 100% more damage during the Cataclysm cast, so if you just spam your CDs then, as opposed to some other relevant time, you'll do the most DPS even though it's totally irrelevant on LFR since your actual DPS on the limb is utterly meaningless in that mode.

No. I mean when the Beta starts. I know we won't be getting in the alpha, or even the friends in family wave.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
No. I mean when the Beta starts. I know we won't be getting in the alpha, or even the friends in family wave.

I think that's what he was trying to say. Annuals probably won't be allowed in until the very end where it's more for stress testing, getting as many people in as possible. I'd be bitterly disappointed if this is the case, I've never been in a beta before.

RPGCrazied

That long? That was one of the incentives to lock in your subscription. Sure the Diablo 3 free is nice, the mount isn't that great. Hell, they just released a better / cooler one on the store. Luminous Dragon or whatever.

Wow I have ploughed like 2.5k into getting my JC up to 300, Thank god its done now though and a friend gave me 4K anyway :)

Up to 64 now, not long till the mega grind kicks in.

Stupid question but is there a macro for putting windfury on one weapon and flametounge on the off hand? All it does for me is cast on the weapon in mainhand rather than being able to select a weapon then cast it.

Alchemy

Stupid question but is there a macro for putting windfury on one weapon and flametounge on the off hand? All it does for me is cast on the weapon in mainhand rather than being able to select a weapon then cast it.

I think the first cast goes to main hand, second cast goes to off hand. So if you cast Windfury then flametounge they should be on the right weapons.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I think the first cast goes to main hand, second cast goes to off hand. So if you cast Windfury then flametounge they should be on the right weapons.
Yep.

Do you remember if you can do that near the end of their duration or do you have to remove them first?

Looking on wowhead I see this macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [nobtn:2] reset=2 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
/stopmacro [nobtn:2]
/run local c=CancelItemTempEnchantment c(1) c(2)
first left click = WF on MH
second left click = FT on OH
right click = removes both enhancements

daedalius

This is correct.

As long as you cast windfury first, it will go on your mainhand.

Subsequent casts will refresh your enchantment, regardless of order.

Also, unless you are a tank, you can do heroics in pvp gear pretty easy.

Unless you are a druid of course. PvP gear is best in slot for non raiders by a pretty large margin. We don't have to swap res out for dodge/block/parry. Bears need AGI/HP/AC, all of which our PvP gear has an abundance of.

Personally, I'm rocking mostly lvl 403, season 11 PvP gear. Two birds, one stone.

I'm trading off between my main and 3 alts right now. My main is a feral I've played since day 1. I have a 57 Shadow Priest parked in Outlands, a lvl 49 rogue doing the quest chains in Kalimdor, and a 28 shaman doing the quest chains in the Eastern Kingdoms. I play my priest solo, my rogue is played exclusively with my wife's rogue (that combo is amazing fun), and my elemental shaman just hit the same level as my wife's mage and I think that comb will work very well together. I just see Outland as a huge bottleneck for our characters. I may try doing nothing but instances with my priest to get to Wotlk asap. Besides, my wife has a lvl 67 hunter I can catch up to and play with.

I have never leveled alts before. I am having so much fun right now that it is a struggle trying to figure out which one to play every night! Having someone to duo everything with really adds a lot to the leveling process in this game.

Dresden

So I got linked to some of the possible changes in Kung Fu Pandaland and . . . Elemental Shamans get turned into ret paladins? No-cooldown Lava ownage sounds nice but that's basically retadins being based around wings.

That long? That was one of the incentives to lock in your subscription. Sure the Diablo 3 free is nice, the mount isn't that great. Hell, they just released a better / cooler one on the store. Luminous Dragon or whatever.

1 million people signed up for the annual pass in the West. there's like no way they're going to let 1 million people into beta early. it has to be in waves, i don't think all of the waves will be at the end but yeah.

I'm trading off between my main and 3 alts right now. My main is a feral I've played since day 1. I have a 57 Shadow Priest parked in Outlands, a lvl 49 rogue doing the quest chains in Kalimdor, and a 28 shaman doing the quest chains in the Eastern Kingdoms. I play my priest solo, my rogue is played exclusively with my wife's rogue (that combo is amazing fun), and my elemental shaman just hit the same level as my wife's mage and I think that comb will work very well together. I just see Outland as a huge bottleneck for our characters. I may try doing nothing but instances with my priest to get to Wotlk asap. Besides, my wife has a lvl 67 hunter I can catch up to and play with.

I have never leveled alts before. I am having so much fun right now that it is a struggle trying to figure out which one to play every night! Having someone to duo everything with really adds a lot to the leveling process in this game.

Yeah Ive never really played an alt before till now but its alot more fun when two others can jump into a dungeon!
Grinding my way up to Northrend land now.. Outlands is alot more interesting..

TheYanger

Here is my druid (day one here also) (use to be a moo)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Yachen/advanced

I can tell you I can do LFR but the PvP gear is pretty good considering I gotten drops from the Heroics before it and the Pvp gear stats are better. My question is should I get the rest of the PvP set or fine as is atm?

Also when are we going to swap real ids????

That pvp gear is not as good as what you'd get with valor or justice points (firelands gear from justice, 378 ilevel, and 397 gear with valor). Yeah it's higher level, but it uses a huge chunk of its item budget on resil, which does nothing outside of pvp.

TheYanger

I don't often post about my stream here, cause it's usually just the same stuff every week.
tonight gonna be doing the DS meta achievements, 25 man, starting in a few minutes, then 7/7 firelands heroic
In other words, definitely not doing this again any time!
http://www.twitch.tv/theyanger

I have a hard time understanding this POV, you can still go kill DW in a PUG if you find it that much more exhilarating. Or a guild even, nothing has been removed. Just a toy has been added for the people who wouldn't have had the time/skill/give-a-crap to do it otherwise. And their reward? To get to watch the terrible cutscenes and a 1 in 25 shot as a piece of gear a few ilvls above heroic gear.

It very literally adds to the game without removing anything at all. There is no chance in hell its not a permanent feature. Id bet anything its available for every raid tier next expansion.
I can but LFR directly impacts the popularity of PUGs (why go to all the effort, etc.). I still have plenty on my server, but there is a long term concern. It's not all up-side.

And apart from that, it kinda cheapens the experience. And I'm like the total anti- MMO elitist. It's just that when Ultraxion comes out with this little speech on normal mode, you actually think he's a little bit scary because it's difficult (for your group). When he comes out with his little speech in LFR it's like a total non-moment because he's so completely non-threatening. Unlike heroic and normal, LFR isn't difficult for anyone.

On the plus side it does let you get some hands on experience with the raid mechanics so I guess that's a plus.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Does Blizz ever release sales numbers for the pets/mounts from their online store?

Curious how many people bought Heart of the Aspects mount. I heard some crazy Queue numbers in the 10's of thousands and even upwards of 300k long lines.

Does Blizz ever release sales numbers for the pets/mounts from their online store?

Curious how many people bought Heart of the Aspects mount. I heard some crazy Queue numbers in the 10's of thousands and even upwards of 300k long lines.

When it first came out people posted screenshots of 40,000 people queues. It must have sold more since then too. I certainly see it everywhere on my server.

Bisnic

You know that rare BG where you feel you're mostly responsible for the victory of your team?

oiYpN.png

Feels good man.

Top Bottom