• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

wihio

scroll also nets the returning player:
Level 80 bags, reagents, food, and water.
280% flight speed skill (if not yet learned).
Flight paths for a level 80 character.

(thanks for the scroll Naka!)

scroll also nets the returning player:
Level 80 bags, reagents, food, and water.
280% flight speed skill (if not yet learned).
Flight paths for a level 80 character.

(thanks for the scroll Naka!)

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for the info.

PM if you want a scroll. I'm on Thunderhorn!

Magnus

I'm still chuckling at the fact that I suddenly have a level 80 Tauren Warrior named Skycow that I didn't yesterday.

I seriously let my subscription lapse at just the right time. (last week, lol)

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
I'm on Bladefist US a high pop PVE server. If anyone wants a Scroll of Rez either quote me and leave your details or PM me your details. I'll throw in a 1000g if you do transfer to this server once you've paid for you sub.

Sethos

Banned
Gaffers, help. Haven't played WoW on my own PC in quite some time, only on my laptop. Today I start it up and it downloads some updated tools. Then it's applying an update and this error pops up. Closes and it'll keep doing that, repair doesn't work either.

What am I missing?

e284e.png

mileS

I'm on bleeding hollow if anyone wants a scroll!

Hey anyone here raid with a rogue? I hardly ever use reforge sites but I decided to use Shadowcraft to make sure my expertise and hit rating could be as perfect as possible.. and it put me at 780 expertise instead of what it NEEDS to be @ 781... Why on earth would it put me under? I ended up having to use wowreforge to get it at a perfect 781 and did the rest myself. Ugh sometimes these sites piss me off. Don't get me wrong, I was all about reforging myself without help but like.. you end up wasting lots of gold playing with it to get the caps as perfect as possible (hit and expertise)

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Hey anyone here raid with a rogue? I hardly ever use reforge sites but I decided to use Shadowcraft to make sure my expertise and hit rating could be as perfect as possible.. and it put me at 780 expertise instead of what it NEEDS to be @ 781... Why on earth would it put me under? I ended up having to use wowreforge to get it at a perfect 781 and did the rest myself. Ugh sometimes these sites piss me off. Don't get me wrong, I was all about reforging myself without help but like.. you end up wasting lots of gold playing with it to get the caps as perfect as possible (hit and expertise)
Maybe you lose a lot of a valuable stat in exchange for 1 expertise or something.

You can use Chardev to do it yourself online without wasting gold. Like you can do with talent builders online.

idlewild_

unlike what the character sheet shows, expertise does benefit you per rating point and not just at each full expertise. the combat ratings you had to shift around to hit 781 exactly were probably valued less than what your reforges were when getting to 780. being at 780 means that around 1 in 12,000 swings is going to be dodged. now say you are raiding as combat, would you rather shift haste into expertise just so you don't miss 1/12,000 of the time or would you rather reforge crit and miss that one extra swing a week or two? you're gaining .3-1 EP from the expertise and losing like 50-80+ from reforging the wrong stat.

It's not worth the opportunity cost of losing out on other stats to try to min/max your way to exact hit or expertise ratings. This, of course, doesn't apply to hit rating cause eventually 2 out of 3 specs just stack hit hardcore. It's extremely easy to gem and reforge now in game without help from a computer & spreadsheet. Just find out what your stat priority is via some site like EJ or noxxic, then move stats where you need them. Check your character sheet to make sure you're hitting your hit and expertise cap and you're all good.

If you make stats into too exact of a science you'll just make yourself miserable.

Prodigal

Banned
If someone gave me a scroll and I used the 80 boost, would that character have to be transferred to the sender of the scroll's server? I didn't think it would but I keep seeing people post their server names to be invited to and I are confused.

Also I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be begging in but I'd love a scroll if someone wants to throw one my way - I will definitely be subbing sometime in the next few months too.

With the scroll you have the option to boost and/or transfer one character, and one character only (ie, the boost and transfer must be done on the same character). The transfer destination will be to the server & faction of the sender, which is why people are posting that info. You can boost without transferring though, should you so desire, but if you do have to do both at the same time if you want to do both.

Atomski

I started my account back up and made a free level 80 hunter. Really shocked at how much has not changed in the past 8 or 7 months.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I started my account back up and made a free level 80 hunter. Really shocked at how much has not changed in the past 8 or 7 months.

Well, you got three new 5 mans, a new raid, the raid finder, transmogrification and the new darkmoon faire. Still more new stuff than what happened with 4.1 and 4.2.

fugimax

Just started a priest and playing that class for the first time. I'm going to level up to like 15-20 and then scroll of resurrection upgrade to 80.

I want to try my best to not be worthless / shitty when I skip to 80 and start grouping up, so any priest ProTips would be appreciated.

Not having those levels to learn the class are really gonna hurt you. Everything is going to be greek to you. Are you thinking of Holy healing? Atonement Disc? (This is what I do) Non-Atonement Disc? Shadow dps?

Also: I've been having some problems with the Scroll of Rez system today. Some sort of error message keeps getting thrown at me.

fugimax

Not having those levels to learn the class are really gonna hurt you. Everything is going to be greek to you. Are you thinking of Holy healing? Atonement Disc? (This is what I do) Non-Atonement Disc? Shadow dps?
Disc Atonement looked pretty fun. Just hit 10 a few minutes ago and am going down the Disc tree.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I disagree. You can level fast as shadow and not know how to do a proper rotation (because the mobs in and outside of instances die too fast) or heal at all.

The idea of 1-85 teaching you how to play a class is overrated and wrong.

All it does these days is teach new players how to do everything but play the specific class and teach old players bad habits with all the weak mobs.

Well, this biggest thing it teaches you is to know your spells on sight in your action bars. You can look at an icon and know what the spell is, its properties and how it interacts with others much easier when you get them one or two at a time rather than getting them all at once. I'm not saying its impossible, I'm saying the adjustment is much harder and the learning has a more steep curve that way. The only concern I'd have for throwing someone into a level 80 healing situation is not having full cognizance of talent interactions. Like using only Smite, Holy Fire, Binding Heal, PW: Shield and Prayer of Healing in an Atonement spec. There's nothing in that mess that says this is the way to get things done and for me it was only when I was building the talent tree incrementally that I saw this rotation coming together.

McNei1y

Damnit Scroll of Rez!

My roommate and I both tried to recruit our other roommate back but it either A) hasn't arrived yet or B) didn't work and now we can't send any again since it says "too many attempts!"

We just want to play together!

Payrus

Hi. I'm on the realm [US] Akama and I would like to give a scroll out to somebody please PM with either your Real ID OR your character name and realm. Thanks

Dinosur

I could have swore I saw some thread saying the gaf guild was on the Area 52 server. Is that still going on?

I'm just screwing around making yet another toon since I got bored.

Damnit Scroll of Rez!

My roommate and I both tried to recruit our other roommate back but it either A) hasn't arrived yet or B) didn't work and now we can't send any again since it says "too many attempts!"

We just want to play together!
It takes till the end of the day.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I think you can check your battle.net account and redeem it pretty instantly. Go into games, click on the WoW account you sent it to, then click on "Scroll of redemption" under the rewards section..

My friend sent me invite twice and I still haven't gotten either gah.
edit:and now I got my descent back into madness begins again! ><.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So any recommendations on what class I should get a free 80 for? I've played Pally,Warrior and Shaman before. Otherwise I haven't really tried any other classes extensively.

Swig_

I'm kind of disappointed by everything in Cata. The starting zones are bland and boring. The instances have been pretty bland and boring. I like Blackrock Caverns, but the other 2 or 3 I've been to... meh. PVP isn't really any different, except playing as melee sucks even more than before.

My friend payed for a month so they could get their scroll mount, but I don't know if I'll really want to continue. No wonder they're losing subs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just beat Sinestra for the first time ._. Epic.

Tamanon

Banned
So which site/media outlet do you think is going to burn their future Blizzard access by leaking Mists of Pandaria info next week? I suspect MMO-Champ won't as they've transitioned to being a regular media outlet, judging by Bibi himself going to the event.

Rokam

So which site/media outlet do you think is going to burn their future Blizzard access by leaking Mists of Pandaria info next week? I suspect MMO-Champ won't as they've transitioned to being a regular media outlet, judging by Bibi himself going to the event.

Nevermind.

Top Bottom