• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sciz

Wow at Shaman MoP talents not being finished yet.

I think its time to reroll. Being a Shaman in WoW is so frustrating, and Blizzard always seems to treat the class like a red-headed step child. Their abilities and talents just seem like a cobbled up mess after each expansion, and I got a feeling that MoP won't be any different.

Kind of mad at myself for logging back into WoW after a year hiatus last month. I could have used that scroll. :-(

I'm pretty happy with where elemental has ended up in 4.3. We finally picked up solid cleave/AoE damage with spammable Chain Lightning, and mobile Lightning Bolt is something every other caster should envy. Mists is adding a decent defensive cooldown, a kickass dps cooldown, axing totem management, and it's finally making the fire elemental something that'll be up for every pull. Earthquake could probably still use some love, but I can't think of anything else that really needs attention. The fact that we still haven't seen the top talent tier is just the cherry on top.

This Open Raid.com website is pretty sweet! Managed to do some firelands and now off to do Naxx :D Handy considering there is NEVER pugs on this server.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm still not sure how the whole "Fading Light" thing works for tanks against this boss, even on LFR. It's the only reason i still havent tank there. No way im going to deal with 24 pugs screaming at me. I think i heard that you need to taunt the boss if the other tank has Fading Light on him, but do you need to use the purple button if you have Fading Light on you too?

Yup, that's all you do.

Mairu

the dungeon journal is actually pretty useful in situations like above where you're not quite sure how an ability works

fading light is a debuff that will always drop the threat of the target it affects no matter what

this is one reason why you have to have another tank taunt, because when tank 1 gets fading light, once the debuff fades, his threat will drop to 0.

as soon as fading light expires, you will die if you're still in the same "realm" as everyone else

this is the other reason why you have to hit the button- clicking the button sends you out of the realm with ultraxion and into a safe zone - as long as you're in this safe zone when fading light expires, you are safe

hopefully that clarifies it for whoever just reactivated or doesn't understand why tanks knowing what they're doing on ultraxion (in any mode) is important

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nebuwarblade38-full.jpg

Pretty.
Amazing.

Also, thanks Nugg for Ultraxion. Guess it shouldnt be that hard. On LFR Madness of Deathwing, i need to taunt when the other tank have Impale on him right? Nothing else special?

Yep. Press green button if you have shrapnel on you (final platform only). You can also use green button on first platform to eat an impale (most people do Ysera first so you will lose that button after you're done with her platform until the final platform).

I went from zero alts to playing and balancing 3 at once. I have a shaman, priest, and rogue. All of them are now level 50-60. My main is a feral druid.

Good god a dicipline priest is amazingly fun to play. I leveled him shadow from 1-57 and just switched him over to dicipline to play with my wife's mage. I love love love this spec. Damage and healing in a single spec is straight up godly. I figured shadow was the only way to level, but dicipline beats it hands down (especially when having a mage to heal!). I'll be taking this guy to 85 with my wife's mage, leave my elemental shaman to play with my wife's death knight, and we will duo our 60 rogues for fun on the side.

Seriously. Dicipline priest. So much fun and versitility.

Ramirez

I'm pretty happy with where elemental has ended up in 4.3. We finally picked up solid cleave/AoE damage with spammable Chain Lightning, and mobile Lightning Bolt is something every other caster should envy. Mists is adding a decent defensive cooldown, a kickass dps cooldown, axing totem management, and it's finally making the fire elemental something that'll be up for every pull. Earthquake could probably still use some love, but I can't think of anything else that really needs attention. The fact that we still haven't seen the top talent tier is just the cherry on top.

What are they doing to the totems exactly? Just gonna be constant buffs? I always loved Shamans, but the totems were tedious.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I went from zero alts to playing and balancing 3 at once. I have a shaman, priest, and rogue. All of them are now level 50-60. My main is a feral druid.

Good god a dicipline priest is amazingly fun to play. I leveled him shadow from 1-57 and just switched him over to dicipline to play with my wife's mage. I love love love this spec. Damage and healing in a single spec is straight up godly. I figured shadow was the only way to level, but dicipline beats it hands down (especially when having a mage to heal!). I'll be taking this guy to 85 with my wife's mage, leave my elemental shaman to play with my wife's death knight, and we will duo our 60 rogues for fun on the side.

Seriously. Dicipline priest. So much fun and versitility.

Horrible damage and a it would be better to be with a melee class that wants to be near the mobs.

But it's not horrible damage at all. I'm doing as much damage, faster than my elemental shaman was but without the totem management. It's the reason I switched over to this character. Maybe it scales down at the higher levels. The only thing I lack us a powerful AE, but even my shaman's was kind of weak. Now I just heal the mage as she AEs. All I know is that right now at lvl 62, my damage is great. It kills as fast (if not faster) than shadow, and I don't have to juggle multiple spells in order to stay full of mana like I did with shadow. Although, that is kind if fun in its own way.

I can always go back to shadow if dicipline scales really bad or the duo starts to suffer because of poor dmg!

Sciz

What are they doing to the totems exactly? Just gonna be constant buffs? I always loved Shamans, but the totems were tedious.

Only totems that actively do things are going to survive, going forward. Buff totems are dead, not least of all because most of the buffs they gave are gone across the board. The two haste buffs are split between the two dps specs, along with +10% SP and +5 Mastery for all three specs. Presumably they're auras, the talent calculator doesn't say.

But it's not horrible damage at all. I'm doing as much damage, faster than my elemental shaman was but without the totem management. It's the reason I switched over to this character. Maybe it scales down at the higher levels.

It does. Disc is not a dps spec at the cap by any stretch of the imagination. Tank and healer damage below the 80s is pretty nuts in general, which is probably intentional.

Measley

Well I'm an Enhancement Shaman. Searing Totem is still there, and it's still terrible. The talents aren't really tailored with Enhancement in mind, especially tier 5. Also some of the original talents were really good. The talent that allowed you to summon 4 totems of the same element was awesome. That should replace Totem Projection asap. Ghost Wolf breaking stuns and snares needs to come back. The original Bulwark totem would be nice too.

We'll see how everything shakes out. But right now, it's looking like Cataclysm all over again.

Lanbeast

On the phone for 76 minutes so far waiting for them to fix my scroll of resurrection. It took me to the wrong server and didn't change my faction
KuGsj.gif

Ended up being 1 hour 50 minutes, and the guy was pretty helpful. Shame they wouldn't extend the free week since it ends in two days and it has taken this entire time to get it fixed.

Nelo Ice

Banned
While still gearing up, go assassination, as it is the least gear-dependent of the three specs.

Once you start getting better and better gear, switch to combat or sub.

Sounds good thanks for the advice have never played rogue past lvl 36 so hopefully it's worth it. Also Rogue is a good choice right? Otherwise I guess I can go Priest, Lock, or Druid.

Also what are the moneymaking profs nowadays? My friend said JC so I guess I'll go that and mining? Though I have a DK with 450/450 mining.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Heroic Hagara is so easy... but when my guild keeps wiping on her, I want to kill myself. Literally, kill myself.

Ran Ulduar tonight. Won 2 Tier 8 pieces, lost 2 (to the same guy).

Buy pieces for 3K.

Go to Dalaran and realize those exact pieces I bought are available from vendor for paltry amounts of JP.

Facepalm copiously.

Ran Ulduar tonight. Won 2 Tier 8 pieces, lost 2 (to the same guy).

Buy pieces for 3K.

Go to Dalaran and realize those exact pieces I bought are available from vendor for paltry amounts of JP.

Facepalm copiously.

I had a guy in my naxx 25 run (I think the only achieve we didnt get was the spor one) with legendary daggers BEGGING me for the chest I won. I didnt realize what the big deal was s swapped him it for the leg one.

Did get Armageddon which is sweeeet! Need to get the 2 hander off DS before I can use it though.

aechris

Hey, here's a (likely stupid) question: I just got geared up enough to get into Dragon Soul using the Raid Finder, but I can't find the raid finder! I read online that it shows up in the raid tab but I look and it looks just like it always has. Thanks.

Yoshichan

Wow... that pic :_:

Alchemy

They are really stretching the shit out of that old engine.

The big thing is how smart they were with the original art direction of the game, all they really need to do is slowly ramp up the number of polygons and texture resolution of the assets the game uses and it keeps looking attractive because of the cartoony art direction.

Sai-kun

Banned
My friend resurrected my account :O things haven't changed much but it was fun to run a dumb heroic again and just dick around and talk to my guildmates. I'm not sure what class I wanna boost up to 80 though :>

Sciz

Another new tauren-like race... but still no improvement for the original one? :(

At a guess, they rebuilt the tauren first, and then based these off of the new models.

I also like the look of that axe/polearm. Very clean lines and texturing compared to most of what we got in Wrath and Cata.

Alex

I'd have to imagine that weapon is recycled from somewhere. It looks old as hell, like something out of late vanilla or early BC.

idlewild_

Those belts are awesome, they hang down and over other armor. The polearm the tauren thing in the background is holding seems stretched oddly when compared to the one in the foreground...though maybe it's just the angle.

Yoshichan

I'd race-switch back to tauren (from troll).

Just done up to Rag in an openraid FL run! First time in there pretty much as anything and I was the frickin main tank haha!
Got the spidersilk trinket which is pretty sweet for DK.

Oh and thanks for the ultraxion tips! went smooth as butter earlier! no deaths!

Yoshichan

/reload

or relogg :)

That should be what the new Tauren textures look like whenever they get around to doing them. They look really cool.

Also those weapons look totally out of place in that picture. Everything looks new and they have both of those NPCs wielding old PVP weapons.

Sounds good thanks for the advice have never played rogue past lvl 36 so hopefully it's worth it. Also Rogue is a good choice right? Otherwise I guess I can go Priest, Lock, or Druid.

Also what are the moneymaking profs nowadays? My friend said JC so I guess I'll go that and mining? Though I have a DK with 450/450 mining.

Admittedly, rogues are pretty OP right now, so they are a good choice.

In terms of professions, I can't speak for the production ones. The only production prof I have is engineering and that makes 0 gold. My secondary is Herbalism which can make pretty decent money after farming in Uldum for an hour or two.

Sarcasm

eh...you need to have three proffs to make it all really profitable. JC w/ Alch & Enchanting.

Your best bet is to get two gathering proffs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oh noes Area 52 randomly went down.

Decided I should actually play some since I'm paid out until November.

eh...you need to have three proffs to make it all really profitable. JC w/ Alch & Enchanting.

Your best bet is to get two gathering proffs.
Enchanting helps, but it's not required to make a lot of money with JC and Alch.
To the guy: Alch is incredibly easy to level by the way.
I always level with gathering professions tho.

Yoshichan

Mal'Ganis down =(

Top Bottom