• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger

not all of those cuts are in game on the ptr, but most are. like 2/3. Pretty amped for those, pretty pissed that taurens still just have a bunch fo awful styles of horns leaving only 2-3 decent ones.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
" the flexibility to focus on a specific race."

By the time that's added, if it is, most items people wanted will be obsolete. lolz.

I guess it can future proof it.

Cross server grouping coming:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2123552598

With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.​

markot said:
Premium? Jesus christ blizz.......

Yeah, I hate the constant Blizzard-bashing as much as anyone, but they don't do themselves any favors. Pushing this out as a (completely) free feature could have been a nice goodwill win for them.

All right, which gaffer is going to pay for it?

:p

Maybe this could expand to raids. It'd be like being one step closer to having the entire community on one realm in function. Would actually be really convenient for trying out for guilds too if you could invite people over for a raids to see how they did before having them commit to the cost of a transfer. Hell, even with functionality only for dungeons, it may be useful as a tool for that sort of thing.

markot

Banned
To be fair, you are paying $15 a month, and you have had a generous amount of content patches. 1 in 6 months.... of 2 recycled instances!

Fugu

I hate all of these moves towards uniting all of the servers. They're completely killing any community aspect that the game once had. I will acknowledge that it is more convenient (queuing up instantly is nice) but it's not worth what was lost to me. I don't know anyone on my server outside of my guild because I'm as likely to interact with them as I am with someone on any other server.

Also, premium service? World of Warcraft is a premium service. Why am I paying a premium on top of a premium?

Alex

Personally, I want them to unite the servers, when I want to do something I want to be able to gather folks to do it with. When our guild needs a new whatever I don't want to have anyone to server transfer, etc.

Keeping track of community should be done with forums, a friend list and a guild, IMO. At least in this type of a game. If it was something like UO in 1997, I'd agree.

But yes, fuck this content. No issue with character services, DLC pets and the like... eh, I dont like it but I don't really care either, this is stricly game related though, it's a needed layer of interface for an old game and you're being milked for it.

Guys, being able to party up cross realm = less server xfers = less money for blizz

you may not want to hear it but they have to make up for it somewhere

Just canceled my WoW account. Only have like 15 /days played on my main, but I'm just bored. After doing heroics all day and waiting in queues and grinding rep, I asked myself, do I still think this is fun, and it's not. Not going to spent the time that is required if you want to raid, and I rather PvP in other games. Leveling up was fun, exploring new zones was fun, gearing up with heroics was fun, but I'm done now.

Miletius

I wonder if this is the start of having it apply to raids too. I mean, I could see (not right now) but in the future how it could apply to raids and then you wouldn't even need to be in the same server to raid.

That would be kind of awesome.

PatzCU

markot said:
Premium? Jesus christ blizz.......

I've always gone to bat for Blizzard, but this goes too far. I hope they take an epic amount of shit for this. Unreal to charge your customers more on top of a $15 monthly fee for a feature that is built into the game. ESPECIALLY considering the excruciatingly slow content patches with 50% recycled material. Really getting to the end of my rope with WoW.

Honestly, the only reason I continue to play is because there are no other legit options at the moment.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
PatzCU said:
I've always gone to bat for Blizzard, but this goes too far. I hope they take an epic amount of shit for this. Unreal to charge your customers more on top of a $15 monthly fee for a feature that is built into the game. ESPECIALLY considering the excruciatingly slow content patches with 50% recycled material. Really getting to the end of my rope with WoW.

Honestly, the only reason I continue to play is because there are no other legit options at the moment.

Just wait man, GW2 is not so far ahead and this one seems like a pretty good alternative once its released... in fall if we're lucky. sigh.

As for WoW, i wonder while i still play sometime, i mean i just keep making new alts all over again. I'll probably take a break soon once my last alt reach 85, maybe take look at the Horde side Kalimdor quests that i've yet to see... maybe i'll stop once 4.2 is out and i've seen a little of what's new.

Another week, another raid canceled due to lack of people.
*sigh*
If it wasn't for the RL friends playing this game and my awesome guild...

Infinity

A premium feature?

Pass.

I'm bored to tears anyway. It was fun while it lasted, and I certainly can't fault my time there having played since release.

BigAT

Hey gents, I'm not sure if this is entirely appropriate, but this seems like as good a place as any to ask. Do any of you happen to know of a decent site for selling MMO accounts? I've decided I'm done with Rift and I'm looking to get whatever minimal amount I can for my account, but I don't really have a clue where to do so since Ebay frowns on that type of thing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It doesn't include raids, which is a huge motivation to transfer.

So, you have a few scenarios:

-People who have friends on different servers who are all in guilds they want to stay in. No money loss.

-People who can't afford to xfer multiple characters. Blizzard should have a multiple character transfer deal. 4 characters costing 100 bucks is absurd. Money gain in most cases.

-A person considering trasnfering one character but opting for this service and possibly xfering later to raid. Money loss for the customer eventually.

-Helping people who keep getting fucked xfering server to server. I xfered 3 times in the past few months but it was motivated by raids. Money loss for the company if the transfers are motivated by non-raid content. Maybe a money gain if the service is kept long enough.

Not limited to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blizzard should spend less money on things nobody asked for, and more time on content.

I realize that's coming from a very bitter place, but so far, Cataclysm's making Wrath look completely awesome.

GLopez12

Neo Member
I think Cataclysm is completely superior from mechanical and gameplay standpoints, but the slow content delivery is really wearing me down.

J-Rzez

Just figured I'd drop by my old stomping grounds, say hi, and see what people are discussing. People are starting to finally wake up and see the road this game has been going down since the very end of TBC. For every good thing they do, there's numerous downfalls elsewhere to counter it. These "premium services" are getting out of hand, and they should be applying their "time, effort, and money" to other things people have been begging for now for years. Instead they just keep trying to milk out as much cash from someone as they could. But perhaps they're trying to get as much as they can now, as they know WoW will come to an end some day, just perhaps it's coming sooner than expected.

With them losing which I'm sure is way over 600k subscribers by now, I wonder if they're going to work harder trying to get people back, or if they're just going to let it go down the road it's been going. Wonder if they're going to learn their lesson for Titan as well.

Yo, anyone see very noticeable flicker on grass when you move the camera? I thought it was only Uldum but Nagrand is bothering me right now.

Random stupid idea.

Blizzard needs an approval rating, like the president.

I just think it'd be neat to visualize a graph of people's impressions of Blizzard over time, maybe correlating spikes with their announcements (like this abysmal premium feature garbage).

Miletius

Mister Zimbu said:
Random stupid idea.

Blizzard needs an approval rating, like the president.

I just think it'd be neat to visualize a graph of people's impressions of Blizzard over time, maybe correlating spikes with their announcements (like this abysmal premium feature garbage).

I think sub numbers would roughly correlate with approval rating adjusted over time and base numbers so I think this chart would be mostly moot. I do think, however, that this is a pretty lame move on their part.

Swag

DeathNote said:
Any frost DK kiting tips for Nef phase 1?
Have a Mage ring of Frost, have a hunter drop a trap, GG. If you have a Disc Priest healing you, have him / her PS you when the frost nova drops as you'll take a few hits but it shouldn't be a problem. Use Cooldowns Liberally.

I'm assuming your not talking about heroic?

DeathNote said:
Any frost DK kiting tips for Nef phase 1?

As soon as you have them all on you, kite them to whatever spot assigned and use hungering cold. Have the mage drop ring of ice after about 8 seconds and you should be good after that. There might still be one up after ring of ice fades so just pop a cooldown, but it's important you keep him where the others died.

Im having a hell of a time figuring out how to set up my Druid hot bars.

Is there an addon out there that will make it so all 4 hot bars switch in forms? instead of just the 1 main one?

Edit: So I looked around on the internets, and it seems Bartender4 would do the trick... but I use a custom UI (tukui its awesome, I recommend it), and adding a whole new hotbar Ui doesnt really sound good to me.

So I guess the new question is, is there a separate addon that just takes this one part from Bartender4?

Alex

Normal mode? Don't kite the adds, just gather them up, take them to a good spot and HC until it snaps then just Death Strike tank and take some healing until they collapse. They don't hit very hard.

Nobiru said:
Im having a hell of a time figuring out how to set up my Druid hot bars.

Is there an addon out there that will make it so all 4 hot bars switch in forms? instead of just the 1 main one?

Edit: So I looked around on the internets, and it seems Bartender4 would do the trick... but I use a custom UI (tukui its awesome, I recommend it), and adding a whole new hotbar Ui doesnt really sound good to me.

So I guess the new question is, is there a separate addon that just takes this one part from Bartender4?

You could set up Bartender so that would essentially be all it does if you wanted to. Would take awhile to do though.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
You could set up Bartender so that would essentially be all it does if you wanted to. Would take awhile to do though.

Good to know, I will keep that in mind if I cant find a tiny addon that just lets me do this.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thanks all, pretty much did all of the above.

Alex said:
Normal mode? Don't kite the adds, just gather them up, take them to a good spot and HC until it snaps then just Death Strike tank and take some healing until they collapse. They don't hit very hard.
I tried that, kiting, and cc chains successfully in 10 man normal. Not sure what I like better.

Our problem now is p3.
-Where should Nef be positioned?
-The warrior tank was having problems kiting in p3.

Swag

DeathNote said:
Our problem now is p3.
-Where should Nef be positioned?
-The warrior tank was having problems kiting in p3.

Have Nef in the center so healers can always reach the add tank ( raid healers ), have Nef circle behind the position of the add tank, so he should always be ahead of where Nef is.

Alex

Tanking Nefarian in the middle of the room sounds a smidge awkward to me. Possibly making people move a lot more than they have to in addition to making add resets a little harder.

Not doubting that it works just fine, but opposite ends with the two tanks rotating around the room at odds with each other for consistency was the most comfortable way we found to do it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Glyphs:

If I were to level up incsipriton, how do you learn every glyph? A lot seem to come from Book of Glyph Mastery and that only drops in Northrend? That seems like a lame farm.

Alex said:
Tanking Nefarian in the middle of the room sounds a smidge awkward to me. Possibly making people move a lot more than they have to in addition to making add resets a little harder.

Not doubting that it works just fine, but opposite ends with the two tanks rotating around the room at odds with each other for consistency was the most comfortable way we found to do it.
Towards the last few attempts they decided putting nef right beside where the adds would spawn would be a good idea.

Now that I think about that, that would make the second and third shadowblazes get to adds a lot quicker?

Sebulon3k said:
Have Nef in the center so healers can always reach the add tank ( raid healers ), have Nef circle behind the position of the add tank, so he should always be ahead of where Nef is.

Most 10 man starts seem to have a dedicated healer?

Rokam

DeathNote said:
Glyphs:

If I were to level up incsipriton, how do you learn every glyph? A lot seem to come from Book of Glyph Mastery and that only drops in Northrend? That seems like a lame farm.

Yes. We will be changing the discovery spells so they can teach all possible glyphs, and the books will simply provide a no-cooldown method to do the same thing.

That's from the profession Q & A. Basically they asked same thing as you.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Rokam said:
Yes. We will be changing the discovery spells so they can teach all possible glyphs, and the books will simply provide a no-cooldown method to do the same thing.

That's from the profession Q & A. Basically they asked same thing as you.
Awesome. I guess it sucks for people who are selling 100-500g glyphs, but I'm sick of the crap on all my alts.

Thankfully, for now, the only ones I need for alt are split between two guild inscribes.

Swag

DeathNote said:
Most 10 man starts seem to have a dedicated healer?

?

You have 1 healer on the add tank, 2 on raid / Nef tank. Essentially you'll have 3 possible heals on add tank, as opposed to only 1 if you do it the way.

DeathNote said:
Towards the last few attempts they decided putting nef right beside where the adds would spawn would be a good idea.

Now that I think about that, that would make the second and third shadowblazes get to adds a lot quicker?
?
That's a horrible idea, since the fire would basically chase your raid around.

The key to phase 3 is adds kiting, it's 100% on the tank kiting them, if they kite correctly they shouldn't be taking very much damage. The gist of add kiting is this, your tank needs to be aware when the shadowflame is coming, the adds should never touch fire, if they do it's basically a wipe because it means the tank will be taking 100k+ dmg per second from the gigantic adds. Once they hit around 20 or so stacks he should be using stuns and slows to kite them in between shadowflame missiles and electrocutes; he should not be tanking big adds during an electrocute. If the tank does this all right, healing the fight is relatively easy, if he does it wrong it's virtually impossible.

When we did it, I was healing the tank who was kiting add(as a shaman), earthbind totem in between shadowflames was pretty helpful.

Alex

While I'm not the fandom type at all and I don't understand any of it I still have to comment on how it boggles my mind my mind just how fast those Blizzcon tickets are snapped up. 175 bucks and it seems like such a blah event to me. Probably well presented but there's only so much excitement you can dole out with a handful of games from one studio.

Even if I was into that kind of gig, my rationale is that you could just buy the DirecTV package or whatever, pay like a fourth of the cost and avoid all of the smelly, creepy people!

Entropia

No One Remembers
This will be my fifth one. I've had a good time more or less each year. And really, it's a matter of meeting the people you play with which is probably one of the funnest parts of it!

bjb

Banned
Ugh this game has been really boring lately.

I have no desire to start heroics and wipe all night, so clearing everything on regular 2-3 nights out of the week, and then standing around with absolutely nothing to do after really sucks.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Who the hell designs the armor for World of Warcraft?

All the higher level gear I'm finding for my rogue makes him look like a bulky eyesore with shoulder pads ten times as big as his head with flames coming out of them.

When I think stealth classes, I was expecting something a lil more light and less "hit me, I'm right here and can barely move in this damn thing".

GLopez12

Neo Member
That would be so weird. You're going to be playing a completely different game. It has changed so, so much.

If you're worried about time constraints, don't be. The game is a lot more friendly to casuals now.

Top Bottom