• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Just made me wonder? Will transmorgification apply to weapon enchants too? Say I wanted to have something look like fiery or whatnot, when it's actually something else.

Something to ponder. Pretty sure it hasn't been talked about by any Blues.

Rambaldi

We got Rhyolith down last night. Haha, I can say I wasn't expecting it, honestly!

Tried Aly but ran out of time... It seems like an interesting fight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SteveWD40 said:

Personally, i love the "electric guitar" mace :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=27840

Axe that looks like the infinity symbol :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=28222

And the simple, but badass 2h sword :

http://www.wowhead.com/item=27769

scoobs

SteveWD40 said:
Lies, I loved that stuff, the AQ20 3 piece set as well (was my first epic "set").

I will vary between lvl 30 greens, full T0.5, T2 and T4 at a guess, the lvl 30 greens are when my Rogue looked like a Pirate back in Vanilla, with the understated pauldrons, knee high boots and a flaming rapier / frosted rapier OH <3
every single rogue will be running around in bloodfang.

Entropia

No One Remembers
CarbonatedFalcon said:
I loved how overzealous they got with sockets sometimes in TBC. 3 sockets on a dungeon/leveling blue? Yes please.

Funny stuff.

Yeah I know, it's amazing.

It was disappointing to see that there's like no gem sockets in leveling gear in Wrath/Cata content aside from dungeons.

Jrmint

Subliminal said:
Super guild progress tonight! Baleroc AND Beth down! Just Alys, Staghelm and Raggy left!
Big grats!

We got Aly last week and got Majordomo to 7%.

You'll find Aly seems really complex at first but is very simple when you realize each role just needs to manage their own task.

The tanks manage the birds and worms, dps handle the Druids and interrupts, healers heal. It's mainly a test of endurance which I think will serve as good training for Rag.

TheYanger

Entropia said:
Yeah I know, it's amazing.

It was disappointing to see that there's like no gem sockets in leveling gear in Wrath/Cata content aside from dungeons.

That's because gem sockets on levelling gear is ridiculous and might as well be empty stats for most people. BC also had the REALLY low stat/bad white vendor gems.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I remember putting some northrend gems into my BC greens... Beated any dungeon blues until i actually reach Northrend.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
strem said:
I has been 3 weeks now since I cancelled. Longest I have ever gone. Still not feeling the urge. Could this be it?
No. You'll return even if you last months or a year. It's the nature of the beast. The question is how long you'll stay each time you return.

vilmer_

Got my warrior up to level 81 and I have to say after playing so much on the Lock/Mage it's extremely refreshing to be on the dealing end of those flesh carving sound effects.

vilmer_ said:
Got my warrior up to level 81 and I have to say after playing so much on the Lock/Mage it's extremely refreshing to be on the dealing end of those flesh carving sound effects.

It's pretty nice. What spec have you been leveling as?

I did prot the whole way from 1-80, then 80-85 (maxed him like a week at most before Cataclysm dropped). I seriously have no fucking clue how to dps on my warrior if I ever went back and played him. Never played arms or fury for more than 10 minutes or so. I suppose I might have to learn DPS on him at some point, especially if I need to catch gearing him.

He was more my JC dummy though. Speaking of which, I'll be kind of pissed if they don't have epic gems in 4.3. Probably need to re-up as soon as the PTR goes up and confirms it, so I can start farming tokens again if I need to and have some fun playing the gem market for a bit. Gems have always been the most profitable in general compared to other professions, though there is fun to be had dealing with other markets. Gems can get pretty competitive.

SteveWD40

DeathNote said:
No. You'll return even if you last months or a year. It's the nature of the beast. The question is how long you'll stay each time you return.

Quoted for truth.

I played from 2005-2008, quit, then have since come back for a few months here and there most recently early this year. Been fighting off the urge a lot this last few months (keep telling myself D3, GW2, BF3 etc... are all nearly here and will take my time up) but frankly WoW is like slipping into your oldest most comfortable jeans, they may not look great these days but dammit if they don't just feel right.

Just signed up the other day, some mates from work got me into it via RAF, even though it didnt work for some reason. Pretty fun so far, just smashing some quests out. Im a Dark Elf mage, whats the best place to train at level 10?

vilmer_

CarbonatedFalcon said:
It's pretty nice. What spec have you been leveling as?

I did prot the whole way from 1-80, then 80-85 (maxed him like a week at most before Cataclysm dropped). I seriously have no fucking clue how to dps on my warrior if I ever went back and played him. Never played arms or fury for more than 10 minutes or so. I suppose I might have to learn DPS on him at some point, especially if I need to catch gearing him.

He was more my JC dummy though. Speaking of which, I'll be kind of pissed if they don't have epic gems in 4.3. Probably need to re-up as soon as the PTR goes up and confirms it, so I can start farming tokens again if I need to and have some fun playing the gem market for a bit. Gems have always been the most profitable in general compared to other professions, though there is fun to be had dealing with other markets. Gems can get pretty competitive.

I leveled mostly as arms (as I did a lot of bgs during leveling). Did the occasional prot for quick queues as well the last 10-15 levels. Arms seems pretty sweet for dps, although I think fury may be a little higher overall.

I've macro'd rend and charge together and basically hit colossus smash on cd and alternate between overpower and heroic strike. I'm not sure if that is the "optimal" rotation, but it seems to be dishing out some serious damage single target wise :)

strafer

Blizzard launches a Music Section.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/music/

We are happy to announce the latest feature on the Blizzard site: the Blizzard Music Section. Check out some of your favorite musical numbers from Diablo, StarCraft, Warcraft, and World of Warcraft. With quick-and-easy access to the iTunes store, it has never been easier to browse our music, create your own playlist, and listen to the tunes you want, anytime, anywhere! Also, all you audiophiles out there, be sure to read the track notes straight from Blizzard’s sound team!

It's not free. Only 30 sec previews.

I had hoped for some free streaming.

Guess Youtube will do for now.

SteveWD40 said:
Quoted for truth.

I played from 2005-2008, quit, then have since come back for a few months here and there most recently early this year. Been fighting off the urge a lot this last few months (keep telling myself D3, GW2, BF3 etc... are all nearly here and will take my time up) but frankly WoW is like slipping into your oldest most comfortable jeans, they may not look great these days but dammit if they don't just feel right.
Same for me and each time back it seems to get shorter. I imagine if I got off the RP server im stuck on and got into a proper raiding guild not filled with cranks and mutants that might help!

mileS

Johnlenham said:
Man I just realized you could have the Hunters quest bow! but what a ball ache getting it if ou dont have it stored away.

finishing that quest gives you the Onyxia level 60 raid achievement lol! got quite the amount of people in guild chat going "wtf?" when I got mine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mileS said:
finishing that quest gives you the Onyxia level 60 raid achievement lol! got quite the amount of people in guild chat going "wtf?" when I got mine.
You cannot finish that quest nor can you obtain it. The reason why you got the achievement was because you theoretically could only get the Dragon Sinew from downing Onyxia, but then Blizzard changed their mind and dropped the sinew off of other black dragons in Burning Steppes, so it was still in there. However, you can't get the hunter's quest any more, nor can you get the sinew or complete the quest.

Johnlenham said:
Same for me and each time back it seems to get shorter. I imagine if I got off the RP server im stuck on and got into a proper raiding guild not filled with cranks and mutants that might help!

I hope at some point that there is some way of dealing with this that doesn't gouge the wallet. The server transfer fee is there to keep people from jumping servers all the time in an exploitative way, but honestly, it's a bit too high. I probably never would have unsubscribed if I could have server transferred for cheap/free. So from my view, they've been losing potential money on me.

You know, let me transfer multiple characters for maybe $10 each. Maybe give people a free transfer or two every 6 months to a year. Or let me transfer for free/very cheap, but give me more restrictions - like not being able to transfer the character for at least 3 months.

Being stuck on a backwater server with all your best characters is a disincentive to playing the game. Rerolling is viable - for alts - but still not pleasant, while doing so for a main is virtually impossible given the attachment to the character from the years of now irreplaceable feats of strength and other achievements that make him unique.

Oftentimes the transfer fee isn't being used as a penalty, but as punishment for picking the wrong server to start on. And choosing a server when just starting out is not going to be the most informed decision.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CarbonatedFalcon said:
I hope at some point that there is some way of dealing with this that doesn't gouge the wallet. The server transfer fee is there to keep people from jumping servers all the time in an exploitative way, but honestly, it's a bit too high. I probably never would have unsubscribed if I could have server transferred for cheap/free. So from my view, they've been losing potential money on me.

You know, let me transfer multiple characters for maybe $10 each. Maybe give people a free transfer or two every 6 months to a year. Or let me transfer for free/very cheap, but give me more restrictions - like not being able to transfer the character for at least 3 months.

Being stuck on a backwater server with all your best characters is a disincentive to playing the game. Rerolling is viable - for alts - but still not pleasant, while doing so for a main is virtually impossible given the attachment to the character from the years of now irreplaceable feats of strength and other achievements that make him unique.

Oftentimes the transfer fee isn't being used as a penalty, but as punishment for picking the wrong server to start on. And choosing a server when just starting out is not going to be the most informed decision.
Fee should be $5, once a month, or 10 if you move more than once. I highly doubt it costs anything at all to move characters (I wouldn't doubt it's entirely automated).

This is totally the look I'm going for on my Paladin post 4.3:

CBBeh.png

Mairu

Angry Grimace said:
Fee should be $5, once a month, or 10 if you move more than once. I highly doubt it costs anything at all to move characters (I wouldn't doubt it's entirely automated).

This is totally the look I'm going for on my Paladin post 4.3:

CBBeh.png
What's the sword/shield from?

Angry Grimace

Mairu said:
What's the sword/shield from?
It's the Wrathful Gladiator Paladin set with the Royal Crest of Lordaeron and the Grand Marshal's longblade.

I like both the Wrathful set and the Lightbringer set but that set would take forever to farm and be an objective pain in the ass.

Mairu

Angry Grimace said:
It's the Wrathful Gladiator Paladin set with the Royal Crest of Lordaeron and the Grand Marshal's longblade.

I like both the Wrathful set and the Lightbringer set but that set would take forever to farm and be an objective pain in the ass.
That looks much better than the high warlord sword :(

Mairu

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581
With the final showdown against Deathwing approaching, we’ve been keeping a close eye on players' progress through the current Firelands raid content. Before patch 4.3 is released, we want groups who are working on Heroic-difficulty content to be able to get as close to Ragnaros as possible, and we want players who are tackling normal progression to be able to experience as many of the encounters as they can. To achieve these goals, we’ll be toning down the difficulty of both normal and Heroic raids through hotfixes in the coming weeks. In general, we plan to reduce health and damage of all raid bosses in both normal and Heroic Firelands by around the same percentage we brought difficulty down for the original Cataclysm raids when Rage of the Firelands (patch 4.2) was released.

We're looking forward to seeing more groups of players face off against the Fire Lord in the weeks ahead. However, before we make these changes, we want to give everyone a final shot at the bosses at their current difficulty level -- so this is a heads up that we’re planning to apply the difficulty hotfixes beginning the week of September 19.

Stay tuned to the Patch 4.2 Hotfixes blog for these and other live updates to the game as they happen.
Why are they nerfing this shit so early :/

Angry Grimace

Mairu said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3494581
My only guess is that Blizzard has the numbers on the number of actual people fighting Ragnaros and thinks it's too low. The idea is that those people don't say "fuck this shit" and quit before 4.3 drops; the problem is that 4.3 isn't anywhere close to coming out.

Alex

Because they have no content and have to find something for people to do, even if they don't really care about raiding.

I'd also guess it's because of internal conflict of them wanting an easy mode, I assume, which is quite fine, however, they just can't exactly put that in yet so they take the messiest path possible.

It's a bit insulting to everyone, really. I'm sure a small, vocal sect who wants easy gear and nothing else might be pleased but genuinely casual players probably want real content and options in the game rather than gutted down raids and genuine raiders would probably like more than half a patch worth of real content.

Mairu

Alex said:
Because they have no content and have to find something for people to do, even if they don't really care about raiding.
People will have even less to do when they get tired of running the instances that provide absolutely no challenge. I really hope that the Heroic Ragnaros nerf from last week is a part of this and they're not nerfing him again. This is the "obsolete tier" nerf when it's the latest tier :(

burgerdog

I don't know. I don't feel like it's too early. If you have not killed the bosses in heroic yet then you're clearly not cut out for them so why complain? We've only been able to kill H Shannox so I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I care that they're nerfing content already. We've been crushed by the other heroic bosses so I'll take the nerfs with open arms if it means having a bit more fun.

Mairu said:
People will have even less to do when they get tired of running the instances that provide absolutely no challenge. I really hope that the Heroic Ragnaros nerf from last week is a part of this and they're not nerfing him again. This is the "obsolete tier" nerf when it's the latest tier :(

I wonder if it will be like coming back to ICC after the buff became active.

I know I played ICC before the buff was active and maybe up to 5%, then wasn't playing, and then came back when it was at 30% and I felt pretty OP - my gear had hardly changed at all either.

I really don't have time to raid right now, but I'm sort of curious how powerful I would be/how quickly I could catch up gear-wise, being in maybe 4/5s 359s when I stopped raiding in February.

burgerdog said:
I don't know. I don't feel like it's too early. If you have not killed the bosses in heroic yet then you're clearly not cut out for them so why complain? We've only been able to kill H Shannox so I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I care that they're nerfing content already. We've been crushed by the other heroic bosses so I'll take the nerfs with open arms if it means having a bit more fun.

I suppose when you consider that the amount of bosses was about half of what a real tier should be, then it does make sense for most even somewhat competent guilds to be on heroics, unless stuck at regular Rag.

GLopez12

Neo Member
The latest raid in Rift still hasn't been cleared after a month and a half. WOW should be moving more toward that, at least in heroic modes. With these nerfs, people are going to be clearing Heroic Firelands the week of the nerfs and be left bored for months. That doesn't happen under something like what Rift is doing.

TheYanger

Oh but I thought harder content was bad!
/eyeroll

Yeah this is pretty absurd. Shit like this makes it seem even less worthwhile to do content early on for your average joe, the time investment is just purely getting shafted if it's gonna be gutted 2 months later.

Angry Grimace

GLopez12 said:
The latest raid in Rift still hasn't been cleared after a month and a half. WOW should be moving more toward that, at least in heroic modes. With these nerfs, people are going to be clearing Heroic Firelands the week of the nerfs and be left bored for months. That doesn't happen under something like what Rift is doing.
I think that what you're talking about might be literally impossible. You're probably underestimating just how good the cream of the cream guilds are. The closest I can even think of to that was Yogg-0 and that was kind of a unique encounter.

TheYanger said:
Oh but I thought harder content was bad!
/eyeroll

Yeah this is pretty absurd. Shit like this makes it seem even less worthwhile to do content early on for your average joe, the time investment is just purely getting shafted if it's gonna be gutted 2 months later.
I suppose but who hasn't beaten it in regular by now that cares too much that there's a sudden nerf? Guilds struggling to get past the content at all probably are happy to see it made easier, really.

Say what you want about Blizzard, but they don't just do arbitrary things; it's a reasonable guess that the numbers play out that not enough people are progressing the way they'd like.

Rokal

Angry Grimace said:
I suppose but who hasn't beaten it in regular by now that cares too much that there's a sudden nerf? Guilds struggling to get past the content at all probably are happy to see it made easier, really.

My guild just finally got regular Rag down last week, and I'd have been pissed if he was nerfed before we got to beat him the 'normal' way. I'm disappointed we won't get to refine our execution over the next few weeks, as the fight will be severely nerfed in less than a week. As for the logic that these nerfs give players more to do before 4.3? These nerfs will mean there is substantially less to do for me before 4.3, as (if T11 is any indication, and they said the nerfs would be on a similar scope) these fights will cease to be interesting/fun in less than a week thanks to early nerfs. It's becoming increasingly clear that they want to move this game back towards the Wrath model.

Top Bottom