• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
wowot5_banneruqjt9.png

wowot5expansionsnmjep.png

But after a while
You realize time flies
And the best thing that you can do
Is take whatever comes to you
'Cause time flies

Previous OTs

OT1
OT2
OT3
OT4

GAF Players Google Document

GAF Players

Wanna raid but have trouble finding players?

Try OpenRaid, the biggest cross-realm community around.

North America: http://openraid.us/
Europe: http://openraid.eu

Talent Calculator

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator

Realm Status

North America: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status
Europe: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status

Opening Cinematics

Warlords of Draenor
Mists of Pandaria
Cataclysm
Wrath of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade
World of Warcraft

Patch Trailers & Reveals

Expansion Reveals

Other Cinematics

News & Editorial

Gameplay & Strategy Guides

Gameplay Databases, Stats, & Addons

Full Game Databases

Character Rankings

Items

Addons
Wiki/pedia

|OT4| Wall of Shame

wallofshame7zin0.png

And last, but not least, what no adventurer should be traveling without:

ccgmni1r.png

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just want a weapon from LFR ;___; my gear sux.

I just hit 90 5 days ago life is hard us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Doreel/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope I get in the OT6 hall of shame. I'm hyped for WoD.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm surprised that the most popular MMO ever, going for its 9 years now, is only at 5 OTs.

Edit : Well... technically, this should be the 7th OT... since the first one has 48k posts, but whatever. Still only 48k posts between 2004 and 2010. :p GAF sure wasn't that big back then.

Babalu.

does anyone know how your suppose to layout everyone for galakras normal. we got stuck there this week after like 8 attempts. we get to the final phase and we got the fireball going through everyone but it just seems like our healers cant keep everyone up.

were running out to get the debuff off and forming back into a line.

gotta go watch more videos I guess.

Tacitus_

I'm honored that you took my title suggestion!

does anyone know how your suppose to layout everyone for galakras normal. we got stuck there this week after like 8 attempts. we get to the final phase and we got the fireball going through everyone but it just seems like our healers cant keep everyone up.

were running out to get the debuff off and forming back into a line.

gotta go watch more videos I guess.

(assuming 10man, adjust as needed) Form into two groups and have the fireball go through each group three times and then switch the soaking group. The end explosion does less damage for each person it hits on the way and the debuff drops after 3 unsoaked balls.

Bisnic

I'll ask it here again since the old OTs is going to be abandoned :

What's the easiest way to solo/duo the first boss of Ulduar? I tried it with my girlfriend the other day and it didn't go very well... Stupid vehicule fights...i forgot how much they sucked back in WOTLK and how much Blizzard was forcing this down our throats, be it PVE or PVP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Making it for page 1!

Suuup guys!

MoP, best expansion.

Not even WoD will top this.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Making it for page 1!

Suuup guys!

MoP, best expansion.

Not even WoD will top this.

WoD will be better than MoP just by virtue of it having flex raiding for it's entire duration instead of just the last raid.

I'll ask it here again since the old OTs is going to be abandoned :

What's the easiest way to solo/duo the first boss of Ulduar? I tried it with my girlfriend the other day and it didn't go very well... Stupid vehicule fights...i forgot how much they sucked back in WOTLK and how much Blizzard was forcing this down our throats, be it PVE or PVP.

Destroy the colored towers that makes the boss use its powers before the boss battle and I think you need like 4 people at least to take the blue fuels down and got various vehicles, lots of them then use the siege vehicle to shot the blue barrels at the boss (which need the blue fuel to shot the blue barrels) it makes the boss very vulnerable to damage, I think you need a buff of 8 stacks, mantain the buff and keep attack it from distance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blizzard will never top the Wotlk cinematic.

Looking forward to WoD's cinematic though.
There will be so many orcs.

Orcs.

Everywhere.

Bisnic

Destroy the colored towers that makes the boss use its powers before the boss battle and I think you need like 4 people at least to take the blue fuels down and got various vehicles, lots of them then use the siege vehicle to shot the blue barrels at the boss (which need the blue fuel to shot the blue barrels) it makes the boss very vulnerable to damage, I think you need a buff of 8 stacks, mantain the buff and keep attack it from distance.

So i can't even do it alone or with my girlfriend? Why the hell did they make it the first boss, its stopping us from doing 95% of the raid. :(

This game. What a legacy. What a history. Our grandchildren shall know of this world of fantasy and make belief.

Random Ret Paladin:
Do you hear the haters sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the whining of a people
Who will not be addicted again!
When the questing of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drops
There is a new level cap about to start
When expansion comes!

Random Mage guy:
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the portal
Is there a world you long to see?

Random Priest guy:
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

ALL
When expansion comes!

naked gnome bank alt:
Will you give all you can give
So that our banner may advance
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand up and take your chance?
The blood of the martyrs
Will water the meadows of Gnomeragon!

ALL
When expansion comes!

EekTheKat

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but WoW traffic seems to have changed routes for some north american users.. For the last 6+ months a significant number of US based players have seen some odd network routing resulting in high latency, and most signs seemed to point to cogentco and at&t.

I logged in today and noticed 20ms ping vs the 90-100ms ping I've had to deal with.

There was seemingly an issue cogentco handing off to at&t, where lag would jump exponentially from 20ms to anywhere between 50ms to 100ms.

Doing a tracert today, it looks like cogentco is out of the chain when I play wow now. 20ms isn't as good as the 8ms from before but I think I can live with it.

Looks like I may be able to raid again lol. Next step find a guild that's not lead by drunken fratboys who's more fond of yelling than actually leading.

Salamando

So i can't even do it alone or with my girlfriend? Why the hell did they make it the first boss, its stopping us from doing 95% of the raid. :(

In 10-man? Definitely soloable. As he said, destroy the colored towers, or have one of the NPC's at the start disable them for you. Once you get to flame leviathan, pull and reset the boss. You want to get all the vehicles to respawn close to him. Move all the Demolishers inside his little arena without pulling him. Then you simple hop in one, you throw two fireballs for every pyrite you send. When one Demo runs out of pyrite, you move to the next.

Should note only really works if you have a highenough Ilvl to take a bit of a beating.

Mothman91

Slowly noticing that holy is trash compared to disc. Always told myself since Vanilla I would never switch to disc.

Switched last night and it's fun lol. Just DPS boss all day and actually am able to compete for top heals. I was usually 3rd or higher, just the lack of raid healing is tough on high raid damage.

Also, 3 lvls till my 3rd 90. Enhancement Shaman. Is elemental better or enhancement for pve? I got a lot of timeless gear waiting for him and I can switch to elemental if I want to.

Never played in 10n but the boss can easily destroy the siege tanks because your armor and lvl doesnt matter in that fight but the vehicle stats. its the hardest boss in that raid because of that.

Unless you want some achievements and special gears then go for 10n

Rokam

Uh if it's 10 man, talk to Brann to start, grab one of the destroyers (the catapult looking ones) and just head straight to the boss. Clean up any trash, heal vehicle to full on the vehicle pad. Stack the blue shit on him, I think it's the 2 button. And then kill him with the 1 button. He dies in like 30 seconds... The only way I can see you having trouble is if you're using the wrong vehicle. If you're still having trouble after this and your alliance I'll come help you get and see what's up. You may just be talking to the Keeper instead of Brann, talking to him starts the hardmode version which requires setting up vehicles before engaging the boss.

Marven

Aw ya, bring on the orcs.

Also found out today my server is being merged with Icecrown on Dec 2. That should be interesting and I didn't think we were small enough to merit it either.

Tamanon

Banned
Find out what happens not in patch 5.5, but in a book. I thought they were done with this shit.

Eh, this is the best format for an event of this nature. A trial would be incredibly boring in-game.

I think all the post-trial stuff with his escape though will be in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom