• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are like 3 good polearm models in this game and that's kind of annoying.

It's especially worse considering how for some reason all polearms sheath with the point up when it looks way better with the point down.

I wish there were more savage looking axes. Gorehowl is too cliche for an Orc to use at this point. BC Axes are the worst god damn thing ever(stupid glass axes.)

I'm STILL using this damn thing but I'm sure with all the Orcyness in WoD there will be some serious axes.

Kenai

I'm sad I missed page 1, but page 3 will do! looking forward to the expansion very much, I love both orcs and draenei very much.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, decided to roll myself a dwarf mage. Went with mining / engineering for professions, but came THIS close to going blacksmithing. On an RP server. Let the stupid times roll! =D

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wish there were more savage looking axes. Gorehowl is too cliche for an Orc to use at this point. BC Axes are the worst god damn thing ever(stupid glass axes.)

I'm STILL using this damn thing but I'm sure with all the Orcyness in WoD there will be some serious axes.

Honestly WoW has a pretty awful diversity for Maces as well, there are very few two handed and even less one handed maces that don't look like utter cluttered trash. There are a few good looking 2 handed axes but almost no good looking 1 handed axes unless you're horde and you can use the ToGC ones but even those are more like glowing lights than actual weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/ailyO1V.jpg

This is what my current mog looks like on my retadin.
i got an axe right after i finished bitching about polearms

Dawg

Just did Scarlet Halls on my warrior and we just flew through it.

Remember when Armory was one of the most popular dungeons because of Herod? Hunters, shamans, paladins and warriors rolling on his shoulder/helm? The new guy drops the exact same model but nobody cares anymore.

It's one of those little things where you notice how much dungeons have changed throughout the years.

CassSept

Back in TBC, everyone wanted one because it was the weapon the draenei used in the cinematic :p

That's true, but the weapon itself had so stupid stats. It was clearly meant to be a Retri weapon but still, Intellect, why. The good old days of dumb itemization.

Khezu

How are Ret Pallys and Shamans in MoP?

I hated how Ret played in Cata, their rotation was just not fun, it felt really awkward.

Shamans I always kinda had a soft spot for, but they were always a bit clunky. That and I'm not a huge fan of any of the races that can be Shamans.

Rokam

I hated how Ret played in Cata, their rotation was just not fun, it felt really awkward.

Shamans I always kinda had a soft spot for, but they were always a bit clunky. That and I'm not a huge fan of any of the races that can be Shamans.

They bumped Inquisition up to a minute. I hated Ret in Cata as well, quite enjoy it now. It's a pretty simple rotation though if you're not into that kind of thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question for those who have done Recruit-A-Friend.

Can we be on different servers then do the cross realm and get the boosted XP? Basically, I want to put my 'alt'(which I really don't want to do, but it's how I'll get my brother to play with me) on my server, so I can send him money, but I know he'll want to go on a different, more popular server. And if not, can someone name a good, active Horde server we can go to?

Tacitus_

Elemental shamans are great in cleave fights and ok in single target fights, resto shamans are awesome. Can't speak for melee.

TheYanger

Question for those who have done Recruit-A-Friend.

Can we be on different servers then do the cross realm and get the boosted XP? Basically, I want to put my 'alt'(which I really don't want to do, but it's how I'll get my brother to play with me) on my server, so I can send him money, but I know he'll want to go on a different, more popular server. And if not, can someone name a good, active Horde server we can go to?

I did it cross realm the last time I did it. You get the XP, but you can't use the features like summons, and you can't grant levels cross realm. So, you'll need to get your 'gifted' freebie toon on the same server he's on. Horde servers would be like Illidan, Area 52, Mal'ganis. A52 is PvE Illidan and Mal are PvP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did it cross realm the last time I did it. You get the XP, but you can't use the features like summons, and you can't grant levels cross realm. So, you'll need to get your 'gifted' freebie toon on the same server he's on. Horde servers would be like Illidan, Area 52, Mal'ganis. A52 is PvE Illidan and Mal are PvP.

But if I want to do old world raids with him on my DK once we're end-game, it won't matter which servers were on right? There's no like 'only PVE and PVE servers can play together' rule? My main is on an RP-PVE and he's going to be on a regular PVE, but I just wanted to make sure there's no cross-server/battlegroup restrictions on just grouping up and going cross realm

And for the mount, does he have to sign up for a 3 month sub or will it just do it the second billing cycle if he goes for a one month?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Ret is actually the most fun its been ever right now in my opinion. It's not nearly as brainlessly simple as WLK, but doesn't feel as lame as Cata's rotation since every attack you have gives HP now and you're spending a lot less time refreshing Inquisition, which is a lot more fun to keep up now that it gives you a big critical strike bonus, unlike in Cata where the benefit of keeping it up was relatively invisible.

It's still the easiest class in the game in my opinion. Mayyyyyyyyybe Assassination Rogue is easier, but nobody plays Rogue anyways.

Slayerx

Did wing 4 on flex as a tank for the first time. Heirloom didn't drop :( Got loot off Blackfuse and Paragons though, so can't compain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Blizzcon videos show new Orcs in full armor.

Why couldn't they post a screen of that? Naked Orc is cool and all, but I'll be seeing him for only 5% of the game

Uh if it's 10 man, talk to Brann to start, grab one of the destroyers (the catapult looking ones) and just head straight to the boss. Clean up any trash, heal vehicle to full on the vehicle pad. Stack the blue shit on him, I think it's the 2 button. And then kill him with the 1 button. He dies in like 30 seconds... The only way I can see you having trouble is if you're using the wrong vehicle. If you're still having trouble after this and your alliance I'll come help you get and see what's up. You may just be talking to the Keeper instead of Brann, talking to him starts the hardmode version which requires setting up vehicles before engaging the boss.
I'm alliance and I'd love for you to show me.

Draxal

Ret is actually the most fun its been ever right now in my opinion. It's not nearly as brainlessly simple as WLK, but doesn't feel as lame as Cata's rotation since every attack you have gives HP now and you're spending a lot less time refreshing Inquisition, which is a lot more fun to keep up now that it gives you a big critical strike bonus, unlike in Cata where the benefit of keeping it up was relatively invisible.

It's still the easiest class in the game in my opinion. Mayyyyyyyyybe Assassination Rogue is easier, but nobody plays Rogue anyways.

Wotlk ICC paladin was more fun, because divine storm set bonus was amazing, and ret's could actually cleave back then.

strafer

Sailormoon Garrosh......I've seen it all now. Time to quit internet.
http://youtu.be/yjlEn88kABI

0291_avp4r.gif

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm raging so hard right now :( I leveled my Warrior up to 61 by running Hellfire Ramparts just for a chance to get the Hellreaver. I really want two of them, but one will do.

God damn DK who already has it needs on it and wins. He doesn't speak English (though that probably didn't matter). Ugh. So frustrating, even though I was a tank it was 20 minutes in the queue each time and around 9 runs of it.

On a side note, I'm all decked out on my Shaman for a Herald of the Titans run! Panda's look kinda scary in this gear.
panda.jpg

I didn't realize it, but Metzen did a TON of voices in this game D: Thrall, Garrosh, Varian, Ragnaros....Maybe even Deathwing? ugh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
He's actually not Garrosh, and definitely not Deathwing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, that is worlds better than the current Undead female.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Um yes? Wotlk Divine Storm did an amazing amount of damage since it was a pure cleave. Current Divine Storm doesn't hit as hard, even with the t16 bonus.

Divine Storm is better than Templar's Verdict if it hits more than one target. You can use it all of the time.

Wotlk ICC paladin was more fun, because divine storm set bonus was amazing, and ret's could actually cleave back then.

I don't agree at all. WLK Paladin was just press whatever it lit up; it was braindead.

RPGCrazied

Going to watch that video, but holy hell these new models look so good. Lets see the human male now! That is the one that needs the most work.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Divine Storm is better than Templar's Verdict if it hits more than one target. You can use it all of the time.

I don't agree at all. WLK Paladin was just press whatever it lit up; it was braindead.

Yeah, my ret paladin AOE is incredible with seal of righteousness, divine storm, hammer of righteousness, glyphed exorcism and holy prism. I don't think it ever was that good in the past. I also use the talent that gives me once in a while a proc for a free spell that acts as if i had 3 Holy Power, and when that thing procs 3-4 times in a row... holy shit does stuff dies FAST.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
also use the talent that gives me once in a while a proc for a free spell that acts as if i had 3 Holy Power, and when that thing procs 3-4 times in a row... holy shit does stuff dies FAST.

You know I was always under the impression Divine Purpose was the weakest of the 3 in that tree purely because it was very random, but I've always loved randomness when playing a ret pally, that's why I play ret to get a huge giggle out of random procs.

I'm going to have to give it a shot later.

WoW Source: Warlords of Draenor

That was where they showed off the new female undead model.

Something I thought was interesting was them mentioning that you can opt out of the new player models if you'd like. Apparently if you opt in, everything changes, and your frame rate could take a hit depending on your system.

Cool little video though.

I don't think it's asking too much to have a solo scenario where you can sit through the trial. No new assets required.

agreed. For as much lore as WoW has, it's amazing how much is done in the books. I wouldn't mind reading the books if they didn't feel like glorified fan fiction.

mileS

Watched the Conan video. Have to say I'm not a fan of that new Orc running animation at all.

Also that video was hilarious.

RPGCrazied

WoW Source: Warlords of Draenor

That was where they showed off the new female undead model.

Something I thought was interesting was them mentioning that you can opt out of the new player models if you'd like. Apparently if you opt in, everything changes, and your frame rate could take a hit depending on your system.

Cool little video though.

Yeah, hopefully that applies with the flight path models too. The game already has updated gryphon and wyverns models, but still the old one is used during flights.

Rflagg

Really been thinking about getting back into this lately I hope that gamestop really is giving out free 60 day cards with Panda expansion. Is it still fairly easy to get df groups, and how long would it take to be welcome in hard modes and maybe some raid finder? I really feel like I would have to start over learning how to play and with new toon. I would be almost completely lost in current wow.

Rokam

You know I was always under the impression Divine Purpose was the weakest of the 3 in that tree purely because it was very random, but I've always loved randomness when playing a ret pally, that's why I play ret to get a huge giggle out of random procs.

I'm going to have to give it a shot later.

It becomes the best if you have 4 piece t16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom