• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Eh, this is the best format for an event of this nature. A trial would be incredibly boring in-game.

I think all the post-trial stuff with his escape though will be in-game.

I don't think it's asking too much to have a solo scenario where you can sit through the trial. No new assets required.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was able to DPS through the first and second round of Kael but when he ressez his commanders, they kill the fuck out of me.

Rokam

I was able to DPS through the first and second round of Kael but when he ressez his commanders, they kill the fuck out of me.

Kite the adds during phase 1 to different areas in the raid. Spread em out and take em down 1 by 1 as they come back.

iirate

Hey y'all, just thought I'd drop in for the new OT. I've been lurking since Blizzcon, but have been an active resto shaman since vanilla.

I've just returned to my original server(Cho'gall Horde) to start a new guild with three friends and am leveling monk to possibly replace shaman as my main. I was GM of a top 100 US guild in TBC, but I inherited it from the founders, so starting a guild from scratch is a new experience for me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I only have one Warcraft book and it's this one;

arthas-rise-of-the-lich-king.png

The book that totally shat on the character of the Lich King/Ner'zhul and just said "lol we arthas now?"

Barf.

Rokam

Does the room/person matter or order matter?

Whichever you'd prefer. Keep in mind the first add silences, the second add fears, third add knocks back and conflagrates, and final add has a stun. Just choose the order you'd prefer to do them in.

traveler

Not Wario
The book that totally shat on the character of the Lich King/Ner'zhul and just said "lol we arthas now?"

Barf.

What exactly is the canon ruling on the current nature of the lich king then? Is it just Bolvar? Bolvar with Arthas' consciousness in the back of his brain? Does Ner'zhul even factor into it at all? Would be kinda interesting if he were still around, especially while we're interacting with alternate timeline Ner'zhul (who wasn't such a bad dude) in WoD.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Siege of Orgrimmar is such a cool raid.

TheYanger

And the cinematic was godlike.

As much as that's true...I prefer the BC one still. Illidan and his voiceover were just so epic. As cliche as 'you are not prepared!" is now, shit can give me chills.

I really like the old ZA patch trailer too. "We gonna bury you here"

Rokam

The only book I read was Lord of the Clans, think it came free with Warcraft 3 from Best Buy or something. I just remember my brother taking me to get it. That (game/book) was my first foray into the Warcraft universe. The book was the reason I picked up WoW too, I really liked Thrall.
I'm part of the problem.

Gunsmithx

Aw ya, bring on the orcs.

Also found out today my server is being merged with Icecrown on Dec 2. That should be interesting and I didn't think we were small enough to merit it either.

neat, I'm on icecrown, didn't even realize we were merging. Might be nice to have a few extra people around, though maybe not for rare farming...

Ultratech

Yeah, my server got merged/connected with Smoulderthorn the other day, so now we're kinda booming again.
(This brings our total number of merged servers to four; or as some have called it, "The Fantastic Fail Four".)

Anywho, things should be pretty interesting now.
(On the other hand, so much for having all those rare mobs to myself. ;_;)

Interesting...
Since the interview, we've gotten word of the book's release. War Crimes will be making its debut June 3, 2014 -- and it's now available for pre-order!

It would be weird to see the book coming out after the expansion. Wonder if we'll see something more like a July or August release for WoD... which would make me kinda sad. Seems like a long time till the next expansion. :/

Slayerx

Only need Uruk for know your role and to finish up Shadopan master. Completed it 3 times now without taking any damage. Blizzard fix your shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have zero nostalgia for WoW's music.

I don't know what it is, but none of it does anything for me. Not like Starcraft 1 or Everquest vanilla music.

Dawg

Old WoW music makes me sad because you think back about something you'll never experience again.

It was raining outside. A cold winter day. I was about thirteen years old and I installed World of Warcraft for the first time ever. My computer couldn't handle Elwynn Forest so I picked a tauren instead. Mulgore was manageable for my pc.

And then I'd spend hours and hours walking around the map and doing quest/exploration. Killing plainstriders, murdering bristlebacks (I can still hear the sound they make) and reaching Bloodhoof village. Seeing the kodo shop. I even started fishing in the pond near Bloodhoof.

A lvl ?? Night Elf attacked the city and I remember being impressed by his tier 2 (I think) armor. It was so amazing seeing this single elf taking on the entire village.

;_;

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
There are like 3 good polearm models in this game and that's kind of annoying.

It's especially worse considering how for some reason all polearms sheath with the point up when it looks way better with the point down.

Fjordson

New WoW home, woo! So hyped for Warlords.

Also, I finally got the Fiery Warhorse from Attumen a few hours ago. Love this mount =D

Rokam

There are like 3 good polearm models in this game and that's kind of annoying.

It's especially worse considering how for some reason all polearms sheath with the point up when it looks way better with the point down.

Yeah really disappointed the bis for Ret is the polearm.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah really disappointed the bis for Ret is the polearm.

I kinda like the idea of a pally with a polearm, i've been trying to find something that has a "holy lance" vibe, but there really isn't anything. The best looking ones are the ones from ulduar and the season 9 pvp one, everything else is just so busy and gross.

mclem

does anyone know how your suppose to layout everyone for galakras normal. we got stuck there this week after like 8 attempts. we get to the final phase and we got the fireball going through everyone but it just seems like our healers cant keep everyone up.

were running out to get the debuff off and forming back into a line.

gotta go watch more videos I guess.

What worked to us was having four stations, all in a single line. Tank up front, of course, positioned on the far side of Galakras from the melee. Behind the melee we'd have ranged, and behind *them* - at max range to heal the tank - is the healer group. If someone got targetted by flame, they'd run to the healers.

The advantage of doing it that way that made all the difference was the fact that in that setup, the healers didn't need to move at all - they could focus completely on dealing with the incoming damage.

As for dropping the debuff.. Tanks just have the offtank positioned to the side of Galakras, subbing in when there's a few stacks on the main. The rest of the raid I don't really order that precisely, I just handle it as 'when you've got a few stacks, duck to the side of the line until you lose them, then come back.

mclem

I'll ask it here again since the old OTs is going to be abandoned :

What's the easiest way to solo/duo the first boss of Ulduar? I tried it with my girlfriend the other day and it didn't go very well... Stupid vehicule fights...i forgot how much they sucked back in WOTLK and how much Blizzard was forcing this down our throats, be it PVE or PVP.

Demolisher, and get a grip on how to do the DPS rotation (2-1-1 if memory serves). You probably want to have both of you in one vehicle, so the turret person can keep the main person supplied with fuel.

If you're using a class which can equip a staff, pick up the legendary one and use it to buff yourself. It'll negate most of their crowd control abilities. It used to take me ages to dps them down with a level 70 staff on my undergeared warrior back at 85, but it was worth the effort for another shot at the mount each week.

On a somewhat related note, my warlock is so goddamned lucky when it comes to rare mounts. I barely play her but Fiery Warhorse, Son of Galleon, Ashes of Alar, Onyxian Drake, both of Malygos's mounts, Huolon's mount and more have all dropped for her.

iirate

Gonna be using the Sonic Spear on my new monk, but her xmog is based on the Sha'Tari Skyguard, so there wasn't much of a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom