• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They consistently hold the threat of losing a raid tier over every request the playerbase makes, like more Garrison styles.

They don't really constantly make that joke.

But it's funny, because it's like we lost a raid tier this expac for...what?

We're missing one, but I don't see what we paid for.

TheYanger

Yeah they made that comment once and then the playerbase latched onto it, much like TO THE GROUND nerfs from ghostcrawler etc.

I mean, it is true in the sense that there is an opportunity cost for everything that players want. Art heavy things we want legitimately do cost raid tiers, since art is the most labor intensive part of designing them.

Robin64

It just feels like WoW is being run by a tiny team at this point, which goes contrary to everything they tell us.

JJS5huH.png

Dungeons? Raids, plural? Heh.

Robin64

But didn't the Titan people return to WoW after it got cancelled? Thought they said they were a big team now. :p

Yeah, it's stuff like that baffles me about how WoD turned out. Unless, WoD was nearly done and so they all decided to focus on Expansion 6, making that one huge and using WoD as a sort of stop-gap expansion.

Jag

It just feels like WoW is being run by a tiny team at this point, which goes contrary to everything they tell us.

Dungeons? Raids, plural? Heh.

Stormwind repair will be a feature of the next expansion. I highly doubt they expanded the WoW team after Titan closed. Probably just shifted a few resources around.

Ark

I've been feeling the MMO itch lately and today I've gone from wanting to buy ESO, to almost re-subbing to FFXIV, to playing Runescape for 30 minutes and now I'm downloading WoD after having last played this game in December 2010.

Five years and now I'm back on this ship.

Help.

I've been feeling the MMO itch lately and today I've gone from wanting to buy ESO, to almost re-subbing to FFXIV, to playing Runescape for 30 minutes and now I'm downloading WoD after having last played this game in December 2010.

Help.

On the bright side you might not find yourself resubbed for very long. The 90-100 ride is great and the raids are high quality. There's just not much else to do. :X

Nokterian

Yeah, it's stuff like that baffles me about how WoD turned out. Unless, WoD was nearly done and so they all decided to focus on Expansion 6, making that one huge and using WoD as a sort of stop-gap expansion.

It needs to be or they will lose more subs but also worth the content. WoD to me didn't had much...

Tenebrous

Help.

You'll ditch WoW pretty fastly. It's like a shit single player game at the moment.

After that, consider trying Skyforge.

If that doesn't work, Heavensward.

Ark

On the bright side you might not find yourself resubbed for very long. The 90-100 ride is great and the raids are high quality. There's just not much else to do. :X

You'll ditch WoW pretty fastly. It's like a shit single player game at the moment.

After that, consider trying Skyforge.

If that doesn't work, Heavensward.

I'm guessing its true because it's the only feed back I ever hear about WoW nowadays, but is it really that bad? How has the game managed to fall from the heights of WoTLK?

I like FFXIV, but it's such a silent (and confusing as fuck) mmo :( I'll give WoD a good try though.

Tenebrous

I'm guessing its true because it's the only feed back I ever hear about WoW nowadays, but is it really that bad? How has the game managed to fall from the heights of WoTLK?

I like FFXIV, but it's such a silent (and confusing as fuck) mmo :( I'll give WoD a good try though.

I dislike FF14, but I can't imagine Heavensward being anywhere near as bad as Warlords is.

The game seems to be moving away from being an MMO into a single player experience with limited social activity.

Low level PvP is dead - literally. 20-29, XP on BGs on either Horde/Alliance, 15 minute+ queues on my 21 hunter/27 rogue. End game PvP is fucking ridiculous, and with games like Dota2 & League offering a relatively balanced alternative for PvP players, there's no need to play WoW for PvP at any level.

The game has also taken the dungeon finder concept and applied it to everything. Don't wanna talk to people? That's cool, we'll group you automatically with people that never talk and you'll never meet again. What, that's not enough? Alright, there's no more group quests, so there's no reason for you to talk to anyone until you're level 100.

Oh, you're level 100 already? That didn't take long - I hope you enjoyed the 36 hour leveling time. If that's too long, consider buying a boost for your next character. Well, now you're level 100, that can only mean one thing... No, not PvP, it's raid time! But unlike the old days, we couldn't be arsed giving you lots of raids & whatnot, so instead please try and enjoy this same raid on four different difficulties.

Between raids? Well, that's Garrison time, of course! Forget for a moment that this is an "MMO", and hide yourself away in an instanced Garrison which is no more than a fucking terrible Facebook game. Don't forget to do your dailies when you're not living like a hermit and not interacting with anyone.

What, you care about the lore of the franchise? You've played since the 90s, starting with Warcraft: Orcs & Humans? Well, because we can't balance PvP for shit, and everyone is faction changing to Human for the racial (thanks for the money, by the way), we'll be adding a feature which completely fucks over any investment you have in the war between the two factions! Proud warrior of the Horde? I hope you enjoy that Night Elf healer on your team.

Yeah, I'm fucking bitter regarding WoW right now. One of my favourite games of all time in the position that it's in... It's heartbreaking. If I couldn't play for free, I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What, you care about the lore of the franchise? You've played since the 90s, starting with Warcraft: Orcs & Humans? Well, because we can't balance PvP for shit, and everyone is faction changing to Human for the racial (thanks for the money, by the way), we'll be adding a feature which completely fucks over any investment you have in the war between the two factions! Proud warrior of the Horde? I hope you enjoy that Night Elf healer on your team.

Well, at least you wont necessarily know it's a night elf.

Tenebrous

Well, at least you wont necessarily know it's a night elf.

Doesn't make a difference. Actually, it really doesn't make a difference, because PvP is so terrible right now I give no damns about playing it. I've needed 19k HKs for 250k since I stopped playing for 18 months in 2012-2013. I doubt I'll ever get them done...

Nokterian

Doesn't make a difference. Actually, it really doesn't make a difference, because PvP is so terrible right now I give no damns about playing it. I've needed 19k HKs for 250k since I stopped playing for 18 months in 2012-2013. I doubt I'll ever get them done...

A reason i keep playing dota 2 because that PvP is done right. WoD is nice but i keep away from my garrison i just hate it. I see more people going to capitol cities like iron forge or storm wind in order to be social with each other.

Robin64

It's bizarre, when they were announced I wanted Garrisons so badly. I thought they would amazing and just what I needed in WoW. Now I have one, I can safely say I don't want the next expansion to have them. MoP's farm was enough for a player-owned bit of the map.

Nokterian

It's bizarre, when they were announced I wanted Garrisons so badly. I thought they would amazing and just what I needed in WoW. Now I have one, I can safely say I don't want the next expansion to have them. MoP's farm was enough for a player-owned bit of the map.

I never used the farm in MoP..god damnit blizzard it is really frustrating to see how well MoP was also in terms of content and than we come to this.

Ark

Okay so... assuming WoD is as shit as everyone says it is, what're the current rumours/news about the next expac? Are we expecting news of it at Blizzcon this year?

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leaveeee.

I'm already tempted to buy the Mythic Runesaber :(

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Okay so... assuming WoD is as shit as everyone says it is, what're the current rumours/news about the next expac? Are we expecting news of it at Blizzcon this year?

I'm already tempted to buy the Mythic Runesaber :(

I think there will be a small chance it is announced at Gamescom. If we do not see it there then Blizzcon for sure. They can't wait any longer then that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Expansion 6 absolutely has to be at Blizzcon.

Blizzcon is the absolute latest they can reveal it, yeah. We're already going to be like 5 months into 6.2 at that point, so there has to be some combination of unprecedented Blizzard scheduling to get the next expansion out in any kind of reasonable timeframe. It either has to be announced before Blizzcon (which has never happened for a WoW xpac), or the announcement at Blizzcon has to be way farther along than any previous expansion reveal and coincide with a pretty much immediate beta launch.

The sad part is, even if one of those two scenarios does happen, that still doesn't make the expansion launching anytime before next summer terribly likely.

Reckoner

Can you guys help me managing my inventory? lol

I always have trouble with it. I'm going through Cataclysm right now and forgot to store some stuff at the bank. I'm behind on professions and stuff, so I don't know if I should really keep all this leather etc. for later. Also, there are some blue items there. Should I just sell them or is it a mistake (rares or something?)

Tenebrous

First of all, download Bagnon from Curse. It's a lot easier to organize your inventory with that.

Frostweave Bandages? Ditch them.
Sunfury Signet/Mark of Sargeras? Ditch them.
Anything grey/white? Ditch them.
Food? Cooking ingredients? Ditch them.
Food you don't need? Ditch them.
Potions? Vendor them. You don't need anything like that during MoP/WoD content.
Lowbie blues? Vendor them.
Lowbie recipes? See if they're colletable, otherwise vendor them.
Scrolls? Use them/vendor them.

Arctic Fur? Put on AH. People need it for their choppers.
Leather? Put on AH.
Banner of the Fallen? Hand in for DMF rep or sell on AH.

And for the love of god, man, buy yourself some bags!

Reckoner

First of all, download Bagnon from Curse. It's a lot easier to organize your inventory with that.

Frostweave Bandages? Ditch them.
Sunfury Signet/Mark of Sargeras? Ditch them.
Anything grey/white? Ditch them.
Food? Cooking ingredients? Ditch them.
Food you don't need? Ditch them.
Potions? Vendor them. You don't need anything like that during MoP/WoD content.
Lowbie blues? Vendor them.
Lowbie recipes? See if they're colletable, otherwise vendor them.
Scrolls? Use them/vendor them.

Arctic Fur? Put on AH. People need it for their choppers.
Leather? Put on AH.
Banner of the Fallen? Hand in for DMF rep or sell on AH.

And for the love of god, man, buy yourself some bags!
Thank you!

Where can I find an AH here on Cataclysm? I just started it, so I should probably get there soon (?)

Tenebrous

Left is my fairy Gnome priest. It's my only real Alliance character, so don't shoot me for being a traitor. Middle is my 70 mage twink (in progress), which needs a transmog for MH/OH at the moment. Right is my main in one of her many transmog sets.

2WQSrpK.jpg

Top Bottom