• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Trokil

Banned
I would say they won't do more AU, except for the fact we have a movie coming out and this is a perfect way to get us in those movie locations without having something new happen to them on our Azeroth.

I think they would lose even more player with more AU. RP players already pretend Wod never happend.

The Story is already a gigantic clusterf&*k and they spared Grommash already, which made a lot of players quite angry. So they really should stop now.

Like I haven't been in full clears every week (more like half clears), but I only have 5 tomes :(

1 from the one boss I did on my DK in a normal this week, main raid for me is Fri/Sat.

Doesn't help that the first week I was on the quest I went 0 for 7 or 8.

And no luck on Onyxia this week. Will cross the 50% mark next week if I do her. And I screwed up my Dragon Soul lockout by accidentally doing Morchok on normal this morning, so I decided not to even bother with regular spine/madness. But I guess with the TLPD, one rare mount in a week is already pushing my luck.

The fact that it shows literally every race being a paladin is enough to know that it's BS.

And please no more alt dimension time traveling bullshit. Would be an even worse expansion than WoD.

As for Mercenary mode, would be cool if they allowed you to pick the race you turn into. Hope they do.

Robin64

More on Merc Mode

Blizzard said:
Few points of clarification based on some discussion we've been seeing around the interwebs:

On racials: The current intention is that the system swaps your race entirely, including your racial ability. We recognize that that puts Humans in a weird spot, so we're looking into some options there that aren't "spend your Honor/Conquest on a Medallion."

Only the faction that is currently experiencing a long queue will have the option to act as a Mercenary, and only when those queues reach a certain point (which is still being determined). In the current environment, we expect that to generally be Alliance. Since queues have to reach that threshold before Mercenary Mode becomes available, we don't anticipate an increase in Horde queue times.

Using the Mercenary Mode system is completely opt-in. It's important to us that if you don't choose to participate in Mercenary Mode, it doesn't affect you. Should you be grouped with players who are using the system, they will not be identified to you as mercenaries -- they'll look like just another player from your faction.

Similarly, it's important to note that these are not creating "mixed-faction" scenarios. There will be no Humans fighting alongside Orcs. Again, our intent is that you are completely unaware that the person next to you is secretly a Night Elf.

We don't consider Mercenary Mode to be a replacement for racial balance. We just also don't think that perfectly balanced racials would instantly resolve queue time issues. We also don't think that players should feel forced to faction transfer (potentially away from friends and guildmates) in order to experience reasonable queue times.

The picture in the blog is of one of the NPCs that Alliance players can speak to to activate Mercenary Mode for Battlegrounds. Players who are using Mercenary Mode won't just be wearing a Hallow's End mask, lol.

Ultimately, this system's sole purpose is to help resolve the issue where heavy tilts in faction populations can result in excessively long queue times for unrated PvP content.

Tacitus_

The picture in the blog is of one of the NPCs that Alliance players can speak to to activate Mercenary Mode for Battlegrounds. Players who are using Mercenary Mode won't just be wearing a Hallow's End mask, lol.

Boo

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I originally thought merc mode sounded like a good idea, but someone pointed out it makes it even less appealing for a pvp'er to stay horde, as the only primary negative of being alliance (queue times) is being removed. So it might actually end up hurting PvP faction balance even further.

I mean, PvP is going to be fucked until the next expansion regardless, assuming inevitable racial rebalancing, but this might end up being less of a band-aid and more of a knifewound.

lazygecko

Love running WoW with SweetFX now. I use a bit of sharpening which I think really complements the art style. Especially it makes mipmapped objects in the distance look better defined.

wow-64.exe_dx11_20150u4ppa.png

V-Gief

Been thinking about getting back into WoW (last played during early MoP) and I have two classes in mind that I would like to play. Those of you in the know (I tried scouring the official boards but according to them, everybody is OP while their own class sucks), how are Rogues and Mages these days in PVP? I probably wouldn't be raiding or doing much SP content so the SP aspect is less important to me (other than doing legacy raids for transmogs). Are Rogues and Mages still viable for fun pewpew's?

Wulfric

So WoW tokens on my server are a little over 25k, but is there a better way to spend my gold at level 100? I haven't gone to Tanaan Jungle yet, and I still have my level 90 boost for a second character. None of my followers have Treasure Hunter. Should I start building the garrison inn instead?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
WoW tokens are the same price regardless of server, the only thing that matters is what world region you are in.

I'd say that answer in general is that buying tokens is a good bet. Tokens are definitely the best expenditure of gold if you aren't particularly interested in saving gold for any other specific thing. Although if you don't yet have a level 3 inn, you might as well do it to grab a few treasure hunters.

StMeph

What's neat is that you can fly into Highmaul and there are ogres in there. Some rare ones too, that drop pets.

Was it always supposed to be available that way, or was it added post-flying? How else were players supposed to get in there before PathfindeR?

Robin64

Was it always supposed to be available that way, or was it added post-flying? How else were players supposed to get in there before PathfindeR?

I think it was always physically built properly, but the pets and rares are totally new to the PTR patch.

So cool from up here. Can get into bits of Highmaul that aren't part of the raid, too, outside grassy bits and little islands. One island has a cave, but it seems to be empty.

Edit: The Dark Portal area isn't blocked off by invisible walls anymore either, so we can revisit where it all began. There are new rares here too. Just fought Smashum Grabum at the location where our orc friend became a brute.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I talked to a GM about Garona not appearing. I was told that if you recruit Oronok Torn-heart before doing the legendary quest to get her then she won't appear and that they are working on a hotfix for this. So if anyone else has this problem that's what happen and if you're working on getting Garona you might wanna avoid Oronok if possible.

Tenebrous

Did a ten day WoD trial on an account Blizzard gave me a free level 80 on during some Cata promotion. Boosting my twink (in progress) for Scale of the Sands exalted, and wow... I can feel myself die doing this.

EDIT: Just saw the Mercenary system. I'm actually offended. Fuck that. Never. No. Worse than LFG/LFR, and that KILLED my server.

phierce

Soooo...any of you Horde guys have a guild that 1) raids somewhat late night (I'm west coast, later the better) and 2) needs a solid hunter for heroic+ progression? Trying to find a good home for my main alt. He's on Mal'ganis, but I have zero problem transferring him.

Robin64

From today's hotfixes:

To Gul'dan!: Characters that have already completed "My Garona" should no longer encounter a phasing issue that prevented them from completing the quest.

At least one person here will be happy.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The "Black market auction house in your garrison" is an annoying panda NPC next to your mailbox that just shows you the BMAH, can't actually bid on any items or use it still have to go to nagrand.

yaay. =|

Top Bottom