• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

StMeph

Knowing Metzen it was probably her being related to either Kil'jaeden or Archimonde. Would've fit the dark secret narrative.

Why spoilers if it's completely conjecture?

Knowing Metzen she would have been the one that tempted Sargeras to fall to the Eredar in the prime timeline, but Velen prevents all of that in the alt-timeline because retconning retcons for fun to fuck up any semblance of continuity in lore from his perch is hilarious.

EmiPrime

I don't care too much for Vanilla WoW's gameplay and class design but I really miss its story as a continuation from WC3.

Then they brought Illidan back from the dead, space goats as uncorrupted draenei and all powerful benevolent wind chimes that took a giant dump all over paladin lore and it was all downhill from there.

To be fair, we then had WotLK which was carrying on what WC3 started.

So far what would happen next ? Another titan location where it corrupts everything ? The new lich king got bored and awake to have some fun? The bronze flight leader finally sucumbs and start the twilight stuff? or Sylvannas finally snaps and attack the world of the living making jaina do something reckless, again

phierce

I guess I'm glad they added the loot boxes
who am I kidding...shard boxes
to the timewalking quest, but man...so hard to get motivated to run 5...

Nudull

Banned
Decided to roll a gnome warrior and a nelf druid on my Alliance server. Warrior seems like a "take it or leave it" kind of thing, but I'm definitely digging the druid.

Good or bad? :p

It'll take some getting used to. My poor gnome warlock, though. ;_;

strafer

Another lol worthy leak
Zul and Azshara are the main villains.

After the last defeat Zul has asked Rastakhan for more support, but Rastakhan has lost the confidence in Zul and refuses support. In a big coup, Zul has Rastakhan assassinated and assumes control of the Zandalari.

The Zandalari trolls ally with the naga, whose goal it is to flood the continents and raise the ocean level.

The big focus of the expansion will be on night elves and trolls, with Malfurion and Vol'jin being the main heroes.

This is Vo'jin's big opportunity to prove himself as the warchief of the Horde.

A big emphasis will be on Vol'jin's loyalty to the Horde, despite the opportunity to be part of a newly risen troll empire. His story will be about resisting the temptation to join the Zandalari and stay with his family.

This is the South Seas expansion that so many players want.

New class will be Shadowstalker.

Trolls, Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Humans, Dwarves, Worgen, Night Elves and Gnomes will be able to be this class.

The class will be a ranged class that uses bows, crossbows and guns, and it will have a heavier focus on magic attacks.

Specs are Dark Ranger, Spirit Mending and Shadow Hunter. Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter are dps specs and Spirit Mending is a healing spec.

New Shadowstalkers will start at level 1, but players who buy The Dark Prophet will be able to create 1 Shadowstalker character at level 100.

New levelcap will be 110.

The expansion will have 8 zones.

The Valarian Depths, Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan, Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, The Rift and Broken Isles.

The two starting zones will be The Valarian Depths and Zandalar.

The Valarian Depths are an underwater zone with naga, similar to Vashj'ir, but smaller. It serves as the intro to the storyline revolving around the naga. The story in this zone deals with Ozumat and the kidnapped Neptulon.

Zandalar used to be the capital of the Zandalari, before it was destroyed in the Cataclysm. This zone is completely ruined. Players will get here and figure out what happened to the trolls, and what they are up to.

After the starting zone players in each zone will board a ship that will lead them to either Kul Tiras for the Alliance or Kezan for the Horde. These zones will serve as the capitals for the factions, Players will get their own ship here, which they will use to travel around the islands. Around the capitals there will also be some questing.

Tel'Abim is a tropical paradise. A group of peaceful trolls, the Sunspear tribe, live here. The zone is mostly light-hearted. Players have to help the Sunspear tribe against a new pygmy-like race that is giving them trouble.

Plunder Isle is a pirate island. Here people can recruit pirates for their crew.

The Rift will be the first of two endgame zones. Here lies the naga city of Nazjatar.

The Broken Isles are a group of islands, and it is the second endgame zone, that is overrun by a mix of troll and naga forces. Here the naga and trolls are going through the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras in search for powerful artifacts. The Tomb of Sargeras will be a dungeon.

Players will not only be able to travel with their ship from island to island, but also be able to explore the open seas and hidden islands. They will be able to recruit a crew of pirates. Depending on what pirates you pick, they will contribute in different ways to your ship. For example you can get a cook for your ship, which will unlock exclusive cooking recipes and who will be able to cook for you. Other pirates might contribute with different abilities, like professions or as a barber on your ship, or by offering rare quests.

Blizzard returns to creating multiple dungeons per zone. Expect about 2-3 dungeons in most zones.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
What is the biggest lesson you've learned during the design of each of your 3 major releases (AoE, WoW, LoL)?

That's a great question. I don't know that these are the biggest lessons I learned but they are the ones that first came to mind.

WoW - Players get bored when they run out of content (and this can mean hitting a brick wall in addition to just completing everything). Content doesn't mean something they could theoretically do just for the sake of doing something. It means something they are motivated to do. Some players might have fun completing every single quest, but that doesn't mean it counts as content for everyone.

This is a quote from Ghostcrawler.

I know he was the System Design lead...but man. Did losing him really affect us this badly? I'm starting to second guess it.

The lack of trolls in Warlords was it's greatest downfall. Thus, a troll expansion is the only way to rectify this mistake.

Got Xhul last night. Bonus rolled gold and another DK got the weapon that dropped. There was also tier that was given to a mage (finished 2-pc) that I didn't even bother putting in for since I knew I wouldn't get it seeing as I have 711 shoulders (albeit very, very crappy ones). Worked on Tyrant and got her to P3 like twice, maybe get her tonight. But this was extended, forgoing farm for the moment (we have to do that tonight). Really need tier/2-pc though, and trinkets. Can't really do my job properly without them at this point. Significantly lower parses than the other DK who does have 2-pc and a normal Empty Drinking Horn, even though our iLvl is close and it's almost certainly due to gear differences.

Nudull

Banned
Are we that due for a new expansion? I know Blizzard wants to make smaller and more faster releases, but at least let me see if WoD is great or not first. :p

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are we that due for a new expansion? I know Blizzard wants to make smaller and more faster releases, but at least let me see if WoD is great or not first. :p

They said patch 6.2 is the last one. So it depends on how big of a content drought they want to have this time.

TheYanger

The lack of trolls in Warlords was it's greatest downfall. Thus, a troll expansion is the only way to rectify this mistake.

Got Xhul last night. Bonus rolled gold and another DK got the weapon that dropped. There was also tier that was given to a mage (finished 2-pc) that I didn't even bother putting in for since I knew I wouldn't get it seeing as I have 711 shoulders (albeit very, very crappy ones). Worked on Tyrant and got her to P3 like twice, maybe get her tonight. But this was extended, forgoing farm for the moment (we have to do that tonight). Really need tier/2-pc though, and trinkets. Can't really do my job properly without them at this point. Significantly lower parses than the other DK who does have 2-pc and a normal Empty Drinking Horn, even though our iLvl is close and it's almost certainly due to gear differences.

Yeah you really need the tier as a DK. Lots of classes this time out really. Sometimes ours ends the fight at something stupid like 95% crit rate on frost strike wtih the bonus...I've checked the logs and seen like 70% killing machine uptime.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

They said patch 6.2 is the last one. So it depends on how big of a content drought they want to have this time.

Pretty much this. Since we already know that there will be no major new content for WoD after 6.2, the heat is on for the next expansion reveal. The longer it takes them to announce it, the longer it will be before it releases and fucking no one wants another 14 month content drought.

phierce

^ yeah, please no long drought. I'm already strugglin' to find stuff to do now that I'm done grinding rep on all the toons I care about.

I'm actually leveling more alts out of pure boredom.

Robin64

I actually went and finished The Loremaster achievement. Levelled a paladin on a PvP realm to finish the few zones I needed, figured it'd be more fun that blitzing them at 100. I think in my trek from level 1 to level 57 (Winterspring was my final zone) I actually met two, maybe three, enemy players and nearly no friendly players. Sad times.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Spoilers: It's not. It's probably the worst.

Leveling is fun and easy, you can move around and do whatever you want, but once you hit level 100 there is nothing to do.

Nudull

Banned
I actually went and finished The Loremaster achievement. Levelled a paladin on a PvP realm to finish the few zones I needed, figured it'd be more fun that blitzing them at 100. I think in my trek from level 1 to level 57 (Winterspring was my final zone) I actually met two, maybe three, enemy players and nearly no friendly players. Sad times.

I was always more of a PvE person. The general immature attitudes of a lot of PvP players kind of soured me on the whole idea.

Are paladins still fun to play? I admit, I never played that much with melee classes up until now.

Nokterian

This is a quote from Ghostcrawler.

I know he was the System Design lead...but man. Did losing him really affect us this badly? I'm starting to second guess it.

Ghostcrawler,Rob Pardo last year and i think a few more left but yeah it isn't the same without them.

Wait what? This is the last patch? The content is very thin in this one...

Wait what? This is the last patch? The content is very thin in this one...
It's the last patch with any meaningful raid content for this expansion. I doubt we'll see another patch between now and the new expansion. Always the same song and dance with them. "Development time away from the expansion means a longer wait and less content! Now please enjoy Hellfire for a year."

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pretty annoyed that we're (probably) getting HFC for close to a year.

The only saving grace would be that when they announce the next expansion at BlizzCon is they pull what a lot of companies did at E3; "And beta invitations will be sent out at the end of this presentation to all BlizzCon attendees and those watching at home. The beta will start [dramatic pause] this Monday".

The ring stuff feels exceedingly tedious for some reason. I'm going to finish it on two characters very soon and just the thought of grinding out more stops me from leveling any more alts.

Meanwhile in MoP I had 5 cloaks @_@

Wulfric

Phew, now I just need to finish Nagrand for Explore Draenor and Loremaster. I'm so glad they didn't add Tanaan as a requirement for those achievements.

I still haven't touched the Secure Draenor quests. About how long would that take to complete?

Entropia

No One Remembers
As soon as I get my ring I am done with this expansion. Can't be bothered making more than one either.

Yeah, it's like they didn't learn their lesson when people bitched about the RNG phases of the legendary cloak from MOP.

It should be based on just doing bosses continually with no RNG BS. That way those that progress quickly get theirs quickest and people that just do LFR get theirs slowly based on the LFR schedule.

Phew, now I just need to finish Nagrand for Explore Draenor and Loremaster. I'm so glad they didn't add Tanaan as a requirement for those achievements.

I still haven't touched the Secure Draenor quests. About how long would that take to complete?

If you have a good supply of garrison resources, 1 day. You can use the missives to complete them all.

Randomly dressing room'ed the cloth LFR gear...

clothlfr3qu3e.jpg

Yo, what the hell, that looks 100x better than the actual warlock tier sets, fuck.

ZenaxPure

Yo, what the hell, that looks 100x better than the actual warlock tier sets, fuck.

The LFR/Honor stuff pretty much all looks better than the actual tier sets. Kinda sad honestly. I actually like the current rogue set for the most part but the LFR set is like 10x better so I don't even care.

JSoup

Banned
Randomly dressing room'ed the cloth LFR gear...

clothlfr3qu3e.jpg

HUH.
I was on about how all the mage gear looks like crap these days. Guess it's true, gear just looks awful on trolls. :/

Nokterian

It's the last patch with any meaningful raid content for this expansion. I doubt we'll see another patch between now and the new expansion. Always the same song and dance with them. "Development time away from the expansion means a longer wait and less content! Now please enjoy Hellfire for a year."

I didn't know this was the last patch unbelievable...no new content for a whole new year then or before the new expansion is announced? I like blizzard but the content they put out now is just unbelievable last time they did this was nearly 9 months without new content..9 freaking months and still can't believe people even kept playing.

strafer

If they feel the need to have Garrisons in the next expansion they need to let us make it anywhere in the world and let us choose the different races architecture.

Top Bottom