• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Fularu

Banned
I always found it impressive they managed to give something like rogue three specs. Melee with a weapon in each hand, right? But they pulled it off, I guess, so if they did Demon Hunter I think they'd be okay with it even it was three DPS specs.
Well every pure dps class has 3 different (sometimes wildly different) playing styles and specs. I'm fully expecting Demon Hunters to follow Leoniras in design (boss in SCC) maybe even a Demon form

Nista

Classes
* There will be a new class.
* This class is already represented in Heroes of the Storm.
* The class has the option to use Hunter Weapons.
* He told me nothing about new races.

* He was sent into the Twisting Nether, and the Nether connects to all possible worlds.

Yeah, this along with the escape of Guldan screams Demon Hunter as the new class. So looking forward to the influx of noobs much like the Blood Elf and DK plagues back then. :p
They should give em chakrams as a ranged weapon option to go along with the glaives. The bird bosses always look cool tossing them around.

Though the last part makes me think we are going back to our world and getting a demon invasion, which begs the question of where the heck are the new zones going to be? I don't think they'd risk a Cata 2.0 would they?

Jag

Resubbed again. Expansion discussion hype got me.

I *may* try the 7 day free sub I just got. I even went so far to uninstall the game this time vowing not to return until the next XP.

Got mah new mount..bought it for 26k gold and i am happy with it this one and mekgineers chopper are off my list.

Is there a BOE Gronn you can buy now?

I spent two sleepless days trying to get the Gronn mount that was a really rare spawn and it finally popped about 4am on my server after I went to sleep. From what I heard zoning issues caused lots of people to miss it too. It was one of the final nails in WODs coffin for me.

I would happily pay 26k for it.

mileS

It's too late to have a 'Demon Hunter'. Would be perfectly fine if Hunter's were called 'Rangers" from the get go.

Oh who am I kidding. Demon Hunter is probably locked in right now. It has been a rumor for the last 4 xpacs so I'm sure they feel like they have to do it now.

As long as we don't get a forced/try hard Naga or Ogre race I'll be fine. Add more current race customization and EVERYONE will be happy I think. Red/brown Orc's, Forsaken Blood Elf. Etc etc. I don't see that last part coming true but more customization should be a must.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Or we could use logic for like 3 seconds and realize that waiting for blizzcon to announce the next WoW expansion is a terrible idea if we want to get into the beta (and to the eventual release) without waiting until July 2016. If they actually didn't give a shit about WoW they would wait until Blizzcon to announce the next expansion.

uh, what difference would it make if they waited, unless they release the beta before Blizzcon?

At the very earliest the beta will come out during Blizzcon, in which case why not wait to announce and release it at the same time?

They're not doing it at Blizzcon because there's gonna be the Overwatch beta, and they don't want to crowd in on that.

Allard

uh, what difference would it make if they waited, unless they release the beta before Blizzcon?

At the very earliest the beta will come out during Blizzcon, in which case why not wait to announce and release it at the same time?

They're not doing it at Blizzcon because there's gonna be the Overwatch beta, and they don't want to crowd in on that.

Because waiting 3 months to tell anyone what is happening next especially when they already announced the most recent patch was the end of the expansion is a terrible, terrible idea. Basically all the other expansions were announced before the final patch of an expansion and even then most of them took way too long to come out. You only put one major patch out after saying once again an effort to a yearly cycle and then don't announce anything after the final patch for 3 months is subscriber account suicide. By announcing at Gamescon a new expansion it 1) promotes the future of the game and keeps it in current players minds, and 2) hypes blizzcon even more as its doubtful they will talk too extensively about the expansions content at Gamescon.

ampere

There's no way we could go through F&F alpha and not have huge leaks from datamining.

Gotta reveal now if beta is blizzcon

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There's no way we could go through F&F alpha and not have huge leaks from datamining.

Gotta reveal now if beta is blizzcon

Maybe, but not releasing F&F until after Blizzcon would be just as unprecedented as announcing an expansion anywhere but Blizzcon, and it would still make the major announcement at Blizzcon be Warcraft.

Blizzcon was started as a World of Warcraft convention basically, they didn't have Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 for years. It's just symbolic, WoW isn't the centerpiece anymore, it's on the decline and hard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Demon Hunter:

Melee DPS
Ranged Weapon DPS
Ranged Magic DPS

That would certainly be interesting, but I kind of feel like demo warlock is the "ranged magic dps" spec of a demon hunter.

Assuming the new class is mail (and DH) I wonder what the cursory lore reason will be for that. Warcraft demon hunters are pretty much naked, they wear like cloth pants and that's it.

McNei1y

I saw this on MMOChamp via poster Hitei

Have you ever seen in China forum leaked, but it is all in riddles with no answer? I have the same sources for leaks, and I do not want to play around.

I do not speak English, and the use of Google Translation Sorry!

Warcraft expansion leak title 军团之怒 of 'wrath of legion', what follows is what it means and the story:

Gul'dan will take us through the Twisting Nether, to the tomb of Sargeras on Azeroth, in order to call the Legion to Azeroth.

New heavy influence of demonic legion invasion. Azshara and the Naga plan to help summon Sargeras.

The remaining Zandalari trolls are introduced, along with Zandalar.

The Horde gets a new Warchief, and Sylvanas is not satisfied with the choice.

One theme is Sylvanas' activities in the north and Tirion's intervention.

Features:

Demon Hunter class, because they are effective against the Burning Legion.

Three specs include tanks, melee DPS and ranged DPS using the same weapons as hunters.

No new race, but new customization options like tattoos and brown orcs.

Garrison-like system, where you become a hero and send troops to combat Azshara's forces and commanders.

It is more expanded and has similarities to an RTS, bases and ships to explore the island.

It has five new zones?

On release: 6 dungeons, one of which is the Tomb of Sargeras, where Gul'dan would (will?) die.

There are three raids at launch, but one is small, few bosses.

There are World bosses, and there are sea monsters like squid.

All classes have new skills and talents.

Some classes are being revamped, like Warlock (demonology?) moved to a more tank-like role.

For PVP, there is a sea battle with ships and cannons to control islands.

A new arena, and some of the old ones are being deleted.

(?)There is no new area like Ashran or Wintergrasp. OR
There is a new PvP area unlike Ashran or Wintergrasp.

Each faction has a new capital on islands near the maelstorm.

(Really not sure about this one, but if I had to give a guess)
A new system where you can finish a cast early, doing less damage based on how much of the cast you finished.

Demo as a tank class? Hmm. I enjoyed leveling Demo. It was crazy fun!

ZenaxPure

Because waiting 3 months to tell anyone what is happening next especially when they already announced the most recent patch was the end of the expansion is a terrible, terrible idea. Basically all the other expansions were announced before the final patch of an expansion and even then most of them took way too long to come out. You only put one major patch out after saying once again an effort to a yearly cycle and then don't announce anything after the final patch for 3 months is subscriber account suicide. By announcing at Gamescon a new expansion it 1) promotes the future of the game and keeps it in current players minds, and 2) hypes blizzcon even more as its doubtful they will talk too extensively about the expansions content at Gamescon.

Pretty much, leaving WoW hanging until blizzcon is just asking for people to jump ship. Blizzcon is so far away and by the time it gets here 6.2 is going to be so old. Announcing the expansion sooner rather than later shows they actually still give a damn about the game, not the opposite.

Getting to plausible leaks at this point. I'm just going along with the ride and will watch the livestream. Hopefully I like what I see, but hell, at this point I'll probably play it whatever it is, at least for awhile. Disappointed with a lot of things currently about the game, but I'm back into raiding right now which offsets that somewhat.

Sign

Help! I tripped saturday and fell into: 7 days free game time, a subsequent grind of 35,000 additional gold, the purchase of 2 game tokens, a new lvl 50 warrior, becoming a fan of Lana Del Rey, 3 hours of reading leaks and discussions about the next expansion, activating all of the hype about it possibly dealing with tirisfal glades (a favorite of mine) which I read could stand for Tyr's Fall, which means I'm all in... and I can't get up.

I need an adult.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wants/Needs/Desires:

1. New Class - Mail armor, DPS/Tank specs (So yeah, basically demon hunter)
2. No Garrisons
3. No Ashran - but I like Wintergrasp :(
4. Cohesive leveling like what we saw in Warlords (this was one of it's biggest wins)
5. Flying (but, after doing achievements like we have now in Warlords)
6. A comprehensible story. No weird retcon or stupid swerves like we're being served now.
7. Turalyon, Alleria, and Tyr.
8. A Troll raid

ZenaxPure

Getting to plausible leaks at this point. I'm just going along with the ride and will watch the livestream. Hopefully I like what I see, but hell, at this point I'll probably play it whatever it is, at least for awhile. Disappointed with a lot of things currently about the game, but I'm back into raiding right now which offsets that somewhat.

Feels like we've had more "leaks" than usual this time around (though that could be because they all just popped up over the course of the last couple of weeks). I really have no idea what would be real and what wouldn't at this point.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That would certainly be interesting, but I kind of feel like demo warlock is the "ranged magic dps" spec of a demon hunter.

Assuming the new class is mail (and DH) I wonder what the cursory lore reason will be for that. Warcraft demon hunters are pretty much naked, they wear like cloth pants and that's it.

This is true. The ranged magic was just a throw in since I couldn't think of another DPS spec.

I do think that if they add Demon Hunters they will be DPS only though.

Nudull

Banned
I've been going through the 10-day WoD trial. While I haven't reach any of the actual related content yet, it's been really nice getting to try out classes I've overlooked (particularly rogues and hunters). Right now, I'm just winging it and having fun, but I'll likely upgrade and do a major catch-up once I get payed (especially if the new expansion turns out looking really good).

I've also just realized that the level requirement for Death Knights got taken out ages ago. Tried to roll one for the brief nostalgia trip through the starting zone, but...is it weird to say that I've come to not really care about DKs after playing one for the first time in years? :p

Fularu

Banned
Only got through the first page - but it's true. North America is worked pretty hard. The US even moreso.

This is prety false. Most of the WoW raiding scene in the US and in Canada is made out of college guys or the likes. It's not like they can't do the raids.

Also people are confusing salary workers and what we call "profession libérale" in France which basically means you're paid a very specific wage per year regardless of the number of hours put in. My brother works for Ernst and Young in Paris and he works upwards of 80 hours a week.

That decade old excuse about europeans beeing better because the US works more is just that, an old excuse that has little relevance.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Aren't all the world first racers pretty much professional gamers anyway? I don't think the dudes in method or whatever are holding down 9-5's.

Fularu

Banned
Aren't all the world first racers pretty much professional gamers anyway? I don't think the dudes in method or whatever are holding down 9-5's.

They do, but one of the requierements is the ability to take vacation time for mythic races. Since they happen about twice a year, most of them can do it.

Anoregon

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

V-Faction

Sounds like a lot of piggybacking off of one another concerning the leaks.

Honestly, if Demon Hunter is a thing, I hope their really dig their heels into it. Give us something unique. Whether that's creating a brand new weapon class, or making some new resource system, or a gimmick like changing appearance, I don't know.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Demon Hunter sound conceptually awful for the game at this point in time. Especially coming off the back of Monks. Just not enough there to build a class that fits well into the game right now. More than that the last thing I want right now is a demon focused expansion. This is like how MoP ended in Orcs with a follow up Orc expansion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sounds like a lot of piggybacking off of one another concerning the leaks.

Honestly, if Demon Hunter is a thing, I hope their really dig their heels into it. Give us something unique. Whether that's creating a brand new weapon class, or making some new resource system, or a gimmick like changing appearance, I don't know.

That is the exact opposite of what they've been doing to every class though. Every class has a mirror class/spec somewhere else in the game, it's laughable to see how every class is basically the same now if you play them all at a similar level.

The only one standing out really is hunter, they're the only ranged class that can move and still do ridiculous amounts of damage at the moment.

JSoup

Banned
Demo as a tank class? Hmm. I enjoyed leveling Demo. It was crazy fun!

During the MoP beta, Demo was viable as a tank class due to what they said was an error, but was pretty obviously them just changing their minds on something. It was actually really fun and I normally hate tanking.

Anoregon

Demon Hunter sound conceptually awful for the game at this point in time. Especially coming off the back of Monks. Just not enough there to build a class that fits well into the game right now. More than that the last thing I want right now is a demon focused expansion. This is like how MoP ended in Orcs with a follow up Orc expansion.

I like the ideas of the leaks that imply it will be some demons, but end up mostly focusing on other shit like naga/old god. I could see that being the case if it ends up involving Azshara.

I'm scared we could actually get a demon hunter class. Feels bad man. It's speculated so much and in every "leak" (for previous expansions too), I could see them doing it just to give people what they think they want to lure in some subs.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
During the MoP beta, Demo was viable as a tank class due to what they said was an error, but was pretty obviously them just changing their minds on something. It was actually really fun and I normally hate tanking.

Maybe that's what the are changing it to with the big revamp. I for one would gladly welcome that. It sounds like a really interesting play style.

:tinfoil hat:

McNei1y

Aw shit. I can see it being fun but I loved doing so much AOE damage to everything. It brought back the "old vibes" of grinding mobs.

McNei1y

Dumb dumb dumb, I hope they don't do this but it sounds exactly like something Blizz would do.

You're thinking of it from a whole new perspective. If Gul'dan goes through portal he's already in MU since they're connected. AU and MU are already connected now.

CassSept

You're thinking of it from a whole new perspective. If Gul'dan goes through portal he's already in MU since they're connected. AU and MU are already connected now.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Gul'dan opens a portal from AU to what I assume is AU Twisting Nether since he procures Archimonde, who is dead in MU. Dying Archimonde flings Gul'dan into the very same portal, which would lead to AU Twisting Nether. How does he end up in MU?

E: Wait, WoD Archimonde is MU Archimonde? Whaaaaaa?

Robin64

There is only one Twisting Nether, apparently, shared for all realities.

And killing Archimonde on Azeroth only sent him back to the Twisting Nether, we can never really kill demons.

Apparently.

TheYanger

There is only one Twisting Nether, apparently, shared for all realities.

And killing Archimonde on Azeroth only sent him back to the Twisting Nether, we can never really kill demons.

Apparently.

Which is funny since we beat him there on Mythic. Guess he just ports everyone back at the last second to make sure he doesn't die.

Top Bottom