• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
is Draenor Burning Legion the same as Outland/Azeroth's Burning Legion now or something?

Man, I don't fucking know. Blizzard doesn't seem to either. The answer is sometimes yes but also not?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Man, I don't fucking know. Blizzard doesn't seem to either. The answer is sometimes yes but also not?

im sure this may have been answered in some capacity, but im still confused how Draenor was made, and if the bubble only exists for Draenor, how does Burning Legion populate/pull troops from outside of the time bubble of Draenor in the AU if they are... in a bubble?

this alternate dimension stuff is just throwing too much complication into this storyline.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
im sure this may have been answered in some capacity, but im still confused how Draenor was made, and if the bubble only exists for Draenor, how does Burning Legion populate/pull troops from outside of the time bubble of Draenor in the AU if they are... in a bubble?

this alternate dimension stuff is just throwing too much complication into this storyline.

The way I understand it, there is no "bubble." When we are on draenor, we are fully 100% in an alternate timeline, not that Draenor itself is an aberrant thing sitting in the main timeline.

Beyond that, how the Legion functions across timelines/universes and how we can take mage portals to and from universe to the next I don't fucking have any idea.

The way I understand it, there is no "bubble." When we are on draenor, we are fully 100% in an alternate timeline, not that Draenor itself is an aberrant thing sitting in the main timeline.

Beyond that, how the Legion functions across timelines/universes and how we can take mage portals to and from universe to the next I don't fucking have any idea.

Metzin magic!!

believe_nischala.jpg

Fularu

Banned
Apexis is still around and is actually a good way to gear up, you get LOADS more of them in tanaan than you used to but the new gear tokens and ilevel upgrades are a lot more expensive too.
Apexis basically replaced the timeless isle 'gear my alts' mechanic last expansion.

Minus the much more alt friendly BoA aspect of it.

While I realise that you get BoA versions out of naval missions, it's just not the same really

ZenaxPure

Correct, keep in mind that there is a quest chain in Talador where we leave Draenor and travel to an entirely different planet. No bubble or anything like that, this is a universe of its own.

CassSept

We discussed at the top of this page/page 3 at 50 ppp.

As Anoregon said, we don't know. Don't even try, it does not make sense. None.

davepoobond

Correct, keep in mind that there is a quest chain in Talador where we leave Draenor and travel to an entirely different planet. No bubble or anything like that, this is a universe of its own.

which quest is this? i dont remember it. i may not have done it yet, either...

We discussed at the top of this page/page 3 at 50 ppp.

As Anoregon said, we don't know. Don't even try, it does not make sense. None.

ah, alright, missed it on the first scan. i looked up those tweets ya'll were talkin about too that i didn't see before.

from what i gather, Twisting Nether functions as some sort of timespace goop membrane that attaches to all realities and fills in whatever extra "space" there is between universe/timelines/etc. i guess Demons somehow manipulate it so that all of these multiple copies of themselves are possible, or maybe the Demon "soul" reincarnates itself physically without it mattering if there is another copy of them. that seems like the only way to rationalize it...

it wouldnt be terrible if they just explained some of these things. it sucks that you have to scour across twitter and wowpedia/wowwiki to understand any of it.

ZenaxPure

which quest is this? i dont remember it. i may not have done it yet, either...

It's the Auchindoun quest chain, the finale of it has you traveling to a planet the legion just finished destroying and fighting a pit lord. Seems overly complicated for no reason that there would be a random quest that took you out of the AU timeline and back to the MU to visit a destroyed planet to beat up a pit lord and then come back to AU Draenor. I mean I guess anything is possible but still....

Minus the much more alt friendly BoA aspect of it.

While I realise that you get BoA versions out of naval missions, it's just not the same really

Meh, the 695 token is boa and you can get 10k/char/day, so its not that bad. Its much easier than the 535 or w/e from TI.

But I do agree that its a bit more difficult to actually get the pieces you want.

Draxal

I am so totally expecting a new class that is a hybrid of Warcraft and Diablo Demon hunters that if the next xpac ends up not having that I will be pretty irate.

Yeah, I'm just expecting mail demon hunters wit dual wield dps/tank/ranged dps option.

mileS

A Demon Hunter, that wears mail armor, can use Hunter weapons as well.... yeaaaah I don't think so. That's not how Blizzard rolls.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
A Demon Hunter, that wears mail armor, can use Hunter weapons as well.... yeaaaah I don't think so. That's not how Blizzard rolls.

inb4 this happens.

The posts of people in the WoD leak thread like "lol yeah right that'll never happen" is so funny. I don't know why people make posts like this.

Fularu

Banned
inb4 this happens.

The posts of people in the WoD leak thread like "lol yeah right that'll never happen" is so funny. I don't know why people make posts like this.

The complain that baffles me the most is "Why are you using a D3 class?? stop stealing things"

Like did you guys play BC? Did you go to Shadowmoon Valley? Demon Hunters were everywhere

davepoobond

i agree it seems too similar, but that's the gaping hole in the gearing right now. it needs another mail user, and another hunter weapon user...

has a demon hunter ever used anything but dual blades? i dont know.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The complain that baffles me the most is "Why are you using a D3 class?? stop stealing things"

Like did you guys play BC? Did you go to Shadowmoon Valley? Demon Hunters were everywhere

Whatever the class it is, it'll 100% be mail.

I don't know about this 'using bows' thing though. Since guns are still a thing right?

Shahadan

I got a new phone a few months ago and never put the authenticator app on it, since the battle.net launcher didn't require it.
But now I did a clean install for windows 10. So I guess I'm screwed and I have to give them a call? Can't connect on their website, obviously.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I got a new phone a few months ago and never put the authenticator app on it, since the battle.net launcher didn't require it.
But now I did a clean install for windows 10. So I guess I'm screwed and I have to give them a call? Can't connect on their website, obviously.

This is why you save your recovery code.

Anoregon

No shit.
Forgot to keep the .doc during the windows upgrade ;(

Oh well it'll just prevent me from resubscribing for no reason that's not so bad after all.

I've had to call them after fucking up my phone with the auth before, it's not too bad.

mileS

Not sure if you are talking about me or not. Regardless its clear that I'm not complaining. Also not saying they are stealing a d3 class. My point is the Demon Hunter would be too close to the Hunter for the way Blizzard normally does things.

Yes I know there are 'Demon Hunters' in WoW already.

inb4 this happens.

Didn't say it like that at all. It just goes against how Blizzard treats class stuff like this, so I personally don't see it happening right now.

TheYanger

I think a bow gun class had been a given even before monks if they do another one tbh. It's really awkward to have weapons that only one class uses (daggers also)

Fularu

Banned
Not sure if you are talking about me or not. Regardless its clear that I'm not complaining. Also not saying they are stealing a d3 class. My point is the Demon Hunter would be too close to the Hunter for the way Blizzard normally does things.

Didn't say it like that at all. It just goes against how Blizzard treats class stuff like this, so I personally don't see it happening right now.

No, I was refering mmo champ and the official forums

davepoobond

I think a bow gun class had been a given even before monks if they do another one tbh. It's really awkward to have weapons that only one class uses (daggers also)

we'll see a return of throwing weapons too.

Ninjas with Guns!

Entropia

No One Remembers

Exactly. Plus side, if Demon Hunter's have a Melee and Ranged spec, they could use daggers :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Weapon types are almost completely irrelevant at this point. Mace? Sword? Axe? Whatever. Adding new weapon types would introduce nothing to the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

That IS how they do it now though. Monks are just RestoDruid/Rogue. Warlocks are just Spriests/Frost mage.

The classes are just re-skins of each other, with a handful (if that) of key differences. Back pre-MoP I would've agreed with you, but the homogenization has taken over.

It's called aesthetics.

But that's just weapon models, and quite a few weapons don't look like their designation.

Back when the distinction between weapons types was Mace=Stuns and Swords=Double Strike and stuff, it was different. Now there isn't even the transmog restriction anymore.

Adding a new 'type' would just be meaningless. Just like how we had crossbows/guns/bows and now we just have bows. There's no more racial bonus to the specific type anymore, they should just be combined into "hunter weapons". it would make no difference.

ampere

I propose a game of sorts for the thread. How about you say yay/nay if you think Demon Hunters are coming next expac, and then what sort of characteristics they'll have. I'll give my take. Then we can look at how close we were if they are revealed as a new class :p

Demon Hunters - yay
Start at higher level (maybe 90)
Tank/melee dps/ranged dps (I don't think adding more pures is something they'll do, rather the opposite and give pures new specs for other roles)
Weapons: Daggers, Swords, Polearms (maybe?), Guns, Bows
Mail armor (obvious one)
Mana users and a secondary resource like Hate
Optional perma pet with ranged spec

Yeah. If Demon Hunters have a ranged and melee spec and can use daggers and bows/guns that helps that problem a lot. And mail wearing.

It's called aesthetics.

Well honestly the could make a "gun" that is dual pistols. Same weapon type but new animations. Not sure we need new actual weapon types, but definitely more weapon visual variety.

Like if they add standard warglaives, those could be swords.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But that's just weapon models, and quite a few weapons don't look like their designation.

Back when the distinction between weapons types was Mace=Stuns and Swords=Double Strike and stuff, it was different. Now there isn't even the transmog restriction anymore.

Adding a new 'type' would just be meaningless. Just like how we had crossbows/guns/bows and now we just have bows. There's no more racial bonus to the specific type anymore, they should just be combined into "hunter weapons". it would make no difference.

It's not just models, it would be animations as well. If there's anything WoW needs, it's more animation variety to go between.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Demon Hunter - Yay
Mail Armor - Yay
Weapons - Staves, Polearms, Daggers, Swords, Axes, Guns, Bows, Crossbows
Roles - Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tank
Pets? - Nay
Starting Level - 1
Races - Alliance: Human, Night Elf, and Worgen. Horde: Undead, Blood Elf, Troll
Resource - Melee, and Tank: Energy/Focus, Ranged DPS: Mana
Core Stat - Agility, all three specs

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It's not just models, it would be animations as well. If there's anything WoW needs, it's more animation variety to go between.

Yeah but at this point the fix for that would be to remove even more dumb restrictions, like daggers -> swords/maces/fists kinda like 2hers can be xmogged into polearms now.

But melee really need to just shut up for a minute, because the real problem with weapon animations is that casters need to start using their staves/MH+OH in their cast animations. That still hasn't happened yet and it's gettin silly at this point.

Nudull

Banned
Demon Hunter - Yay
Mail Armor - Yay
Weapons - Staves, Polearms, Daggers, Swords, Axes, Guns, Bows, Crossbows
Roles - Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tank
Pets? - Nay
Starting Level - 1
Races - Alliance: Human, Night Elf, and Worgen. Horde: Undead, Blood Elf, Troll
Resource - Melee, and Tank: Energy/Focus, Ranged DPS: Mana
Core Stat - Agility, all three specs

Pretty much what I'm thinking, aside from potential (optional) pets.

RPGCrazied

Why do people want Demon Hunter so much? Whats next, Witch Doctor? I want something new and unique, not from Diablo 3.

Also, I really hope they don't ho hum this expansion. If it deals with any sort of orc then I just don't know what to say.

Lanrutcon

Why do people want Demon Hunter so much? Whats next, Witch Doctor? I want something new and unique, not from Diablo 3.

Also, I really hope they don't ho hum this expansion. If it deals with any sort of orc then I just don't know what to say.

Would reroll for a Witch Doctor.

Demon Hunter? do we really need another emo class?

Zelias

Banned

Demon Hunters were a thing in Warcraft long before they were a thing in Diablo.

Top Bottom