• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that moment you realise you never got your tier 8 robe and you cant finish your GOAT crow face plague doctor medieval warlock

feelsbad man ;_;

Fjordson

Man not getting a tier piece for your class even when solo'ing 25 heroic for transmog really sucks lol. Three pieces of tier drop with no competition and you still strike out.

I have a feeling the first two major things Blizzard will look at after Legion launches are healing and Warlocks. Especially Demonology.

What's up with healing right now? My plan is to continue to main my holy pali but I haven't read up on healing for Legion since I reactivated. I also haven't heard too much talks about healing at least in this thread.

ummm

31a5cd3b4814e20c90854a7e405ec6fd.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

is that why dalaran portals are fucked and theres no boat to northrend?

I wanted to do a quick ulduar see if the t8 chest dropped and cant get there

biaxident

I have a feeling the first two major things Blizzard will look at after Legion launches are healing and Warlocks. Especially Demonology.

How is healing btw? I've played some disc and liked it, just had to get used to it and figure out what to do when oh crap moments happened. Haven't tried the others though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is healing btw? I've played some disc and liked it, just had to get used to it and figure out what to do when oh crap moments happened. Haven't tried the others though.

Haven't tried it myself but based on what I've read and what I've seen in Timewalking, Healers are definitely having a rougher go of it due to tanks not being as survivable as before. I've been leg sweeping practically on CD, Death Striking, and Innervating when needed just to try to make it easier for them.

The changes to tank mitigation and removal of self-healing abilities (and damage reduction abilities in general for all classes/specs) was really apparent in Mythic Hellfire High Council last night... Even with the 30% nerf, we struggled quite a bit. I was healing on my off-spec resto shaman and went OOM so quickly. Ended up getting it down after switching to having 5 healers.

I'm pretty happy with shaman right now - both elemental and enhancement feel great, even without the artifacts, and resto's not too bad even with healing being a bit difficult in the pre-patch.

Rhaknar

So unholy DK... when should you scourge strike to pop the wounds? Do you want to stack them, do you weave scourge and the other one (I forget the name, the one that gives the wounds), im a bit unsure.

Also I was watching a 7.0 video guide and it showed scourge strike as a 100 talent but I have it and im not 100 so I guess they changed it?

Ashodin

There are several glyphs that you can't get until Legion is live. One of them my wife is waiting for is the glyph of the owl for druids.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The changes to tank mitigation and removal of self-healing abilities (and damage reduction abilities in general for all classes/specs) was really apparent in Mythic Hellfire High Council last night... Even with the 30% nerf, we struggled quite a bit. I was healing on my off-spec resto shaman and went OOM so quickly. Ended up getting it down after switching to having 5 healers.

I'm pretty happy with shaman right now - both elemental and enhancement feel great, even without the artifacts, and resto's not too bad even with healing being a bit difficult in the pre-patch.

I guess that explains why 80% of the time I have to pop CDs during TW for even trash once its 4+ of them.

I guess its "nice" in the way that everything gets used but being constantly at 50-60% HP is bad.

Not sure what gives but if artifacts play such a huge role in it, bad design.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So unholy DK... when should you scourge strike to pop the wounds? Do you want to stack them, do you weave scourge and the other one (I forget the name, the one that gives the wounds), im a bit unsure.

Also I was watching a 7.0 video guide and it showed scourge strike as a 100 talent but I have it and im not 100 so I guess they changed it?

It doesn't really matter right now because your artifact is required to make use of your blistering wounds. You just don't want to cap(at 8, keeping in mind your pet can add a stack) and find a balance between building them up and using them.

Ashodin

Man Frost DK and Disc Priest feels soooooooooo good to play

Frost DK is just a monster of damage

and Disc Priest has a sick one two punch with Schism into Penance or Power Word: Solace (both can be used on the move too!)

I love my alts now, holy shit

I tried healing as a holy priest for the first time since Classic WoW in a time walking dungeon. Either I'm awful or timewalking is busted.

I'm still a pretty fresh 100 but I've been healing Holy and my husband tanks DK and he's a very solid tank so I've only had one moment of AH SHIT but some of the smaller problems in the timewalking shit comes from, in my opinion, people playing those like they do rando leveling instances and not always thinking through it. Get a good group, people who're paying attention? Healing takes a little effort and thought but is fine. Get a group that's all chaos and no consideration and it can be a clusterfuck. But, again, my opinion is limited.

I've mostly been healing on my Shaman during Draenor and it was really easy the last time I tried it. (Haven't tried resto shaman post 7.0) 2 healing waves waves would full heal the tank but yesterday the tank was dying through my flash heal spam. The beginning was rough but once I started getting used to Holy Word it got better. It was still much harder than my previous time walking experience.

I think the reason why Pit of Saron (aside from the ice patch glitch) is fucked in Timewalking is they lower your Ilvl to normal Wrath heroics and not the ICC heroics which are more difficult. I think they bumped that up before but 7.0 might have reset it. Tyrannus can straight up kill a tank in one hit.

Strimei

I think the reason why Pit of Saron (aside from the ice patch glitch) is fucked in Timewalking is they lower your Ilvl to normal Wrath heroics and not the ICC heroics which are more difficult. I think they bumped that up before but 7.0 might have reset it. Tyrannus can straight up kill a tank in one hit.

I don't know if they ever bumped it up actually. I remember prior WotLK Timewalking and Tyrannus being a terror even then. I lost so many tanks to him one-shotting them (to be fair, when he kicks you away and gets big, you're supposed to kite him, not run back to his icy embrace).

Definitely see where people are complaining about the phasing tech being fucked right now. Just sitting in Orgrimmar on my bank alt, no zone changing at all, I was kicked to another phase randomly.

That probably shouldn't happen.

Auction house has been having issues too :(

Rizzi

Finally got around to doing my green fire quest.
Not that it really matters, what with being affliction and all.

With the zoning/phasing issues in Orgrimmar, I have to hover in VoS nearby to have blimps spawn. If I stand on the platforms, they just never show up.

I'm still a pretty fresh 100 but I've been healing Holy and my husband tanks DK and he's a very solid tank so I've only had one moment of AH SHIT but some of the smaller problems in the timewalking shit comes from, in my opinion, people playing those like they do rando leveling instances and not always thinking through it. Get a good group, people who're paying attention? Healing takes a little effort and thought but is fine. Get a group that's all chaos and no consideration and it can be a clusterfuck. But, again, my opinion is limited.

It's like anything with matchmaking, you get random results with random people. Sometimes people know what they're doing and are friendly, sometimes they're mute and often they're raging assholes. Sometimes it's a total gongshow, no one knows what the fuck they're doing and they're trying to tank and spank their way through Heroic Pit of Saron without knowing what any of the mechanics are.

The highest group content I ran as a healer was heroic 5mans in WoD, at the point I stopped healing and just started running as a dps was when gear was sort of starting to allow people to ignore mechanics. I can't handle doing that content or higher as a healer in PUGs. It stressed me out dealing with unnecessary shit, so I just played ranged dps and did my best to avoid inflicting that on whomever our healer was.

I've noticed phasing issues as well. When I was fishing on the mushrooms on the coast of Shadowmoon and Arak, when I switched zones sometimes it would phase my realm.

I've been seeing a lot of phasing weirdness as well. In Tanaan, I was at Zeth'Gol and out of nowhere every rare in that area appeared at once, at their normal spots. And I've been fighting something just to have it disappear before I finish.

biaxident

Wow you guys were not joking about Pit of Saron. As a dk tank I could barely take any hits from him. Once the frost went down I had to kite the entire time, our priest went shadow so I had no heals so they could nuke it with surrender to madness and lust. Was hilarious, completely broken.

Rhaknar

Ive been trying to stay away from DH stuff to go in fresh, but wad watching a video of the "best" (aka the video maker favorite) classes in Legion and when it got to DH....yoooooo those animations tho :eek:

Old Rhak would be like "meh everyone will be DH so Ill be different" but current, old ass Rhak, is like "play what you want before you die old man" so if playing DH is as fun as it looks from what I saw there, he might have to be my "main" (as much as a non-raider can have a main)

Ashodin

2 years later i still don't understand how Ashran works.

Kill NPCs, avoid alliance is what I seem to have understood from my sub 2 hours there. Never went there when WoD launched. I was going to gear up there, but Legion invasions will do that for me so ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I made a thing for use in this thread

rNoGezx.png

cdyhybrid

2 years later i still don't understand how Ashran works.

So you have the main road, with the Horde base on one end and the Alliance base on the other end. Surrounding the main road are several distinct areas.

Every X minutes, a random event spawns in one of the surrounding areas. These are all different, whether it's claiming campfire nodes for an Arathi Basin-style win, or capturing ghost NPCs (first to 20 wins), etc.

The "win condition" (although it's not a true win condition since Ashran never ends) is to win four events and then kill the leader of the opposing faction's base. Then you get (although that's technically GOT now) Conquest points (every time you complete it) and a lockbox containing a PVP epic (once a week).

Fjordson

I've noticed phasing issues as well. When I was fishing on the mushrooms on the coast of Shadowmoon and Arak, when I switched zones sometimes it would phase my realm.

I've been seeing a lot of phasing weirdness as well. In Tanaan, I was at Zeth'Gol and out of nowhere every rare in that area appeared at once, at their normal spots. And I've been fighting something just to have it disappear before I finish.
I've seen some weird shit also. Literally seen Sha of Anger disappear as I'm flying towards him in Pandaria along with other players flying towards him. Then 30 seconds later he spawns at some other spot. And it's a bummer because it seems like there are less people in general out in Pandaria killing Sha due to all the phasing. There's also the annoying thing with cities being ghost towns (though Stormwind was a little busier last night).

Hopefully it's all just a bug they have to work out. If not, Blizz went waay overboard with the phasing.

Jag

I've seen some weird shit also. Literally seen Sha of Anger disappear as I'm flying towards him in Pandaria along with other players flying towards him. Then 30 seconds later he spawns at some other spot. And it's a bummer because it seems like there are less people in general out in Pandaria killing Sha due to all the phasing. There's also the annoying thing with cities being ghost towns (though Stormwind was a little busier last night).

Hopefully it's all just a bug they have to work out. If not, Blizz went waay overboard with the phasing.

Rares in the Vale were repopping as soon I killed them. Didn't even have to server hop. I was trying to leave, but wanted to try my luck for some shards.

That Pit of Saron was ever picked from timewalking is the greatest joke of all.

Took 3 deserter debuffs rather than tank those today.

Rixxan

someone in here posted the other day about professions being easy to max in a couple hours with a few thousand gold

can you like, just buy tomes that give you the levels or something?

i find it hard to imagine leveling herbalism to 700 in a couple hours

biaxident

Man I can't even do kazzak right now, 6 groups all with bad phasing. Only kills i've had on him all week on any toon was when ally/horde both just zerged with half raids.

Top Bottom