• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just realised WoD was the first expansion without either a new race or class.

TBC - Blood Elf and Draenei
Wrath - Death Knight
Cata - Gob and Worgen
MoP - Panda and Monk
WoD - fuck all ;_;

drotahorror

Blizzard really ruined AV and Isle of Conquest for the time being. I don't care that they're tuned for 110, but hit the switch when the expack comes out, not a month and a half before.

Alliance have little chance of winning Isle since the bosses reset radius IS SMALL AS FUCK. So he just resets all day. AV is brutal as all hell, archers hit you for 50k+ several times if you ride by them by yourself. No one can kill the boss so it's a 50min long turtle fest.

No one wants to play games like that anymore. You get NOTHING for HK's now.

Strimei

I've been a bit slow about this, so, question.

I know that there's some group-fishing thing going on with garrisons at the moment. How does that work exactly? I group up via the group-finder and then just..go fish?

(I really haven't paid any attention to fishing in WoD)

ampere

I tried healing as a holy priest for the first time since Classic WoW in a time walking dungeon. Either I'm awful or timewalking is busted.

They made massive class changes, and didn't seem to tune timewalking to compensate. The result is... some pretty difficult situations. It's fair for you to blame timewalking here.

For example, Blizzard put a %40 damage nerf on HFC with the patch to compensate for class changes and overall reduced damage and mitigation. They probably should have done something for timewalking too, but I'd imagine they'll tune it better for 110 when it returns in Legion.

Definitely see where people are complaining about the phasing tech being fucked right now. Just sitting in Orgrimmar on my bank alt, no zone changing at all, I was kicked to another phase randomly.

That probably shouldn't happen.

Auction house has been having issues too :(

Yeah, we were trying to get a port to Theramore earlier while we were in Shrine and the mage we invited was randomly phased. He logged, came back, still nothing... until he dropped the party and then suddenly we could interact with him. Reinvited and it worked. Ridiculous.

It's like anything with matchmaking, you get random results with random people. Sometimes people know what they're doing and are friendly, sometimes they're mute and often they're raging assholes. Sometimes it's a total gongshow, no one knows what the fuck they're doing and they're trying to tank and spank their way through Heroic Pit of Saron without knowing what any of the mechanics are.

The highest group content I ran as a healer was heroic 5mans in WoD, at the point I stopped healing and just started running as a dps was when gear was sort of starting to allow people to ignore mechanics. I can't handle doing that content or higher as a healer in PUGs. It stressed me out dealing with unnecessary shit, so I just played ranged dps and did my best to avoid inflicting that on whomever our healer was.

Yeah, it's true, but that's all made worse right now with the changes and the issues that have come with them. Even from my limited perspective, that seems clear. I'm glad I'm not alone being stressed out by healing, though. I enjoy it and husband prefers to have me as healer when he tanks since we're talking while we play and he knows I'm not a total shitsack - better than hoping for someone who's decent or who cares. But you never know what to expect, if people are just going to start pulling randomly or they're gonna run off or just not pay attention and god, I feel like I need a friggen anxiety pill sometimes when I suit up to heal. TOO MUCH PRESSURE

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would you play a female worgen tho

why would you play the faction of varying fantasy creatures and pick the ones that look the most human like
tumblr_mxcrgdbTCK1st2unoo2_500.png

Ashodin

I was undead buddy before i was blood elf

Before that I was an orc

Undead are basically skeletons anyway

Blood Elves were the only ones who could be Paladins. Plus they have a badass history of sacrifice and betrayal.

Rizzi

So, I guess the horde do better at BG's? Got all but three marks of honor in one day for my fresh level 100 warlock. So that's nice.

Just realised WoD was the first expansion without either a new race or class.

TBC - Blood Elf and Draenei
Wrath - Death Knight
Cata - Gob and Worgen
MoP - Panda and Monk
WoD - fuck all ;_;

I am still waiting for Druid BE combo, yet gnomes can be hunters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why would you play a female worgen tho

Because its the best model with the best animations in the game

#fightme

My characters are all worgen and draenei, kills me that I have to have a elf soon... I like my monsters what can I say.

I really should play horde :(

Fjordson

Man what the fuck did Blizzard do with CRZ or phasing? Killing Kazzak right now is a nightmare, half the raid can't see the other half. And trying to kill Sha now is a pain in the ass. I'm lucky if I see anyone else show up, whereas there was always at least a half dozen people around whenever he spawned pre-patch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Man what the fuck did Blizzard do with CRZ or phasing? Killing Kazzak right now is a nightmare, half the raid can't see the other half. And trying to kill Sha now is a pain in the ass. I'm lucky if I see anyone else show up, whereas there was always at least a half dozen people around whenever he spawned pre-patch.

Yeah, it's a complete mess.

Went to do Kazzak last night, before I got there, they had killed him I guess so I left group. When I got there all I saw was a bunch of Horde in the area. Joined another group where the leader wasfrom my server saying he was up, I was thinking "Uh, I'm right here though, he isn't up!" Sure enough, I join the group and I get phased back to my own server and there he was.

Rhaknar

Demon hunters only being elves is fucked, thats not even correct lore wise

someone in here posted the other day about professions being easy to max in a couple hours with a few thousand gold

can you like, just buy tomes that give you the levels or something?

i find it hard to imagine leveling herbalism to 700 in a couple hours

Pretty sure they were talking about crafting professions, for example with tailoring you can go to 1-700 really fast as long as you have like 3.7k sumptuous fur. Gathering professions still take a while but if you've got a level 3 mine or herb garden, that's at least some easy nodes every day.

Ark

Pretty sure the mats are from the Broken Isles. Might just need to wait for stuff to be opened up.

Ah that would explain it I suppose. Damn this wait!

Going to start gathering lots of transmogs for my Warrior tonight I think.

Dugna

that smug ass bear face

also you look like any random ass warlords npc

I can't wait for legion gear to have some color to it again, by definition WoD gear was a technical upgrade but cosmetic wise its meh.....its why you see the majority mogged into Vanilla- first tier of MoP they have slowly lost their imagination with gear.

Dugna

Holy fuck Pit of Saron is broken in Timewalking.

Its broken because Timewalking scaling just doesn't work there....its like the only dungeon it applies to..... if you look at the ilvl of the scaling it does its ilvl 200 while ToC purple gear was around 213-215 everybody doing the ICC heroics had ToC tier on or atleast ToC purples in general....nobody was doing them in basically blues.

You know whats even more screwed up? Having normal items from each timewalking dungeon (which are supposed to be their heroic versions) having those normal items scaled EVEN FURTHER down....its like blizz just didn't think...

Rizzi

Its broken because Timewalking scaling just doesn't work there....its like the only dungeon it applies to..... if you look at the ilvl of the scaling it does its ilvl 200 while ToC purple gear was around 213-215 everybody doing the ICC heroics had ToC tier on or atleast ToC purples in general....nobody was doing them in basically blues.

You know whats even more screwed up? Having normal items from each timewalking dungeon (which are supposed to be their heroic versions) having those normal items scaled EVEN FURTHER down....its like blizz just didn't think...

Yeesh, That's.. dumb.

Rizzi

My warlock has ilvl 695, and has been at level 100 for 8 hours. I should probably at least see the last raid of WoD I guess.

Milennia

luckily it hasnt happened to me but a few people i do carries with have been silenced for actually trying to use trade chat for what its intended for

they were obviously unsilenced after putting in a ticket but holy shit what a garbage system

just a bunch of idiots reporting people for doing honest shit and getting muted for it because they felt like trolling

nuke the whole garbage idea already
then they go ahead and say that they review each case, such a load

the silences were instant, they are all automated which is incredibly obvious and anyone who knows anything about this company could already smell that lie a mile away

its dying down now, meaning less people are trying to take advantage of the system but it shouldnt even be a thing, unelss they ACTUALLY intend to manually review thousands of cases (which will NEVER happen btw), so there is 0 point

doing nothing more than the report feature did

i guess people need a safe space to spam anal memes etc., should just have a mongoloid chat, would solve every trade chat issue

Tenebrous

7 hours later, I finally get my Ironfoe drop. I am in that old school farming mode I last found myself in during Cata.

the silences were instant, they are all automated which is incredibly obvious and anyone who knows anything about this company could already smell that lie a mile away

Which is why it was funny (and frustrating) to see people defend the system before knowing exactly how it works. "Oh no, none of it will be automated! After review! GM REVIEW!"

Yeah... Back in the real world, those same people are now posting.

"Well chat is much better, so I'm willing to accept a few casualties."

Sigh. The system is shite.

Top Bottom