• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

HowZatOZ

Banned
So I finally got around to retrieving my original WoW account, boy the nostalgia hit me hard. My very first character, a level 70 gnome warrior, was still sitting in Shattarah from BC time. Complete with tier 6 too which was awesome to seem.

Has anyone successfully had blizzard merge separate accounts under their battle.net account? I'd really like to have just one account now that I finally got my original one back.

Shahadan

We got all kicked back to the character screen just before Loken, popped back at the entrance ungrouped, and people insisted to regroup manually since we were doing so well.
I was against that since I was here mainly for the bonus satchel but whatever.

Of course everything had respawned. We fight our way to the first boss again, and suddenly the warlock's demon pet goes crazy, gotta go fast sonic mode, and zips away and aggroes everything up until the molten trash stuff.

I'm not that godly of a healer so we die. Two of us make the mistake to get out for repair, forgetting that since we regrouped manually, we can't teleport back.

Timewalking, never again!

The cataclysm one is going to be fun.

Milennia

So I finally got around to retrieving my original WoW account, boy the nostalgia hit me hard. My very first character, a level 70 gnome warrior, was still sitting in Shattarah from BC time. Complete with tier 6 too which was awesome to seem.

Has anyone successfully had blizzard merge separate accounts under their battle.net account? I'd really like to have just one account now that I finally got my original one back.

yeah you can merge or migrate accounts, im not sure of the process but i believe there is a fee for it

(people do stuff like buy accounts for rare items and merge it onto their account etc., obviously extremely against TOS, but is perfectly fine if its your own 2 accounts)

Milennia

fire mage feels a lot more fun now, some slay tweaks to the basic framework

its mostly the same, the real change is at 110 and even then its just QOL really with phoenix flames

at 100 you have to do some awkward stuff with lag tolerance and scorch to make up for not having an artifact but fire is fun mostly because its very similar to the old fire, which was also fun

you just dont have any ridiculous prismatic crystal spread shenanigans now

easily one of the most fun specs in the game, they made it a lot easier for people to play with hot streak protection which is pretty much the only serious change made to the spec outside of combustion which arguably works the same technically, instead of it giving you a big separate dot, it just makes your ignite bigger instead

i dont like 2 second ignite auto spreads, would prefer it to be 1 second and actually preferred the spread to be controlled, but that caused a ton of cheese which im sure they are happy to be rid of

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wtf i cant solo flame leviathan anymore whats going on :/

Wtf i cant solo flame leviathan anymore whats going on :/

I've been doing it since the patch. Use the demolisher (that the one that tosses pyrite?) and just mash "2" to toss pyrite. You might get five or six stacks before Flame Leviathan dies and you'll likely take pretty much zero damage.

Or did you accidentally talk to the NPC to do the fight on Hard Mode? Because that is pretty rough to solo. Or at least it was when I did it but that might have been during MoP.

Edit: I apparently did it the day after WoD came out and didn't hit level 100 until a month later so I would think Hard Mode wouldn't be as bad but I barely got it so it might still be quite capable of killing you if you don't plan the fight right. Point being don't do it on Hard Mode unless you need the achievement, heh.

Robin64

If you want to do it on hard mode, die the first time so the vehicles get set up outside his arena, then move a couple of demolishers into the arena before pulling. When one dies, you can just get into another. Pyrites from two of those will down him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yay got my t8 chest finally. Goat Crow Lock is complete!

zCmkkHs.png

edit: oh yeah forgot I had this set on my Priest, still my favorite one

also deleted the game and redownloading to see if it fixes the errors from messing around with UI mods, removing them but clearly it didnt remove everything :/ 40gigs woof, guess ill take a nap

-Digits-

I had a good time in Timewalking last night.
It was Halls of Lightning and we had a Rogue with us who was in a rush and all like 'lol its tw why pull so slow' and kept tricksing mobs to me when the healer was drinking. I started clicking the buff off but he caught me a couple of times anyway. My poor bear was getting hammered by the trash and the healer was struggling a bit getting readjusted to Legion healing. Most people seem to realise TW is a little hard now but you always have that one guy.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I had a good time in Timewalking last night.
It was Halls of Lightning and we had a Rogue with us who was in a rush and all like 'lol its tw why pull so slow' and kept tricksing mobs to me when the healer was drinking. I started clicking the buff off but he caught me a couple of times anyway. My poor bear was getting hammered by the trash and the healer was struggling a bit getting readjusted to Legion healing. Most people seem to realise TW is a little hard now but you always have that one guy.

Its that or hunters multishot that pulls the whole dungeon so you as a tank need to pop every single CD vs trash.

PoS is just insta leave now. Not even worth it. 30min AFK watching Twitch is what that is.

strafer

Yay got my t8 chest finally. Goat Crow Lock is complete!

edit: oh yeah forgot I had this set on my Priest, still my favorite one

also deleted the game and redownloading to see if it fixes the errors from messing around with UI mods, removing them but clearly it didnt remove everything :/ 40gigs woof, guess ill take a nap

Looks really weird on Worgen.

I had that set on my Undead Warlock when I roleplayed Putress.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just spent the better last hour trying to get PoS done.

PoS is pos.

And no. We failed at Tyrannus. His ability hits for 65k physical dmg yo :(

Ha. Discovered there are camel mounts.

Fuck it. I will have one. Why isn't everyone riding one?

Hippogryph >>> Camels

Robin64

Thanks whoever suggested the area where Arak and Shadowmoon meet at the ocean for farming lunkers, I'm getting loads here. Have it all to myself too, so I am just going from node to node.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just started doing low lvl dungeons with my WW monk at lvl 15-22(with heirlooms of course) in the past few days, and man... i could almost solo them if I wanted to. Shit seems even more easier than it used to be.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Just started doing low lvl dungeons with my WW monk at lvl 15-22(with heirlooms of course) in the past few days, and man... i could almost solo them if I wanted to. Shit seems even more easier than it used to be.

Yeah its funny. Dungeons while leveling = Ezpz faceroll for tanks
Rescaled dungeons = Get shit on for healers and tanks

-Digits-

Its that or hunters multishot that pulls the whole dungeon so you as a tank need to pop every single CD vs trash.

PoS is just insta leave now. Not even worth it. 30min AFK watching Twitch is what that is.

Yeah, I had a couple misdirect Barrage in the BC dungeons where everything is packed super close together. Fun times!

carlsojo

Been redoing the transmog on my priest almost every day lol I keep unlocking new looks and I have to try them all.

Fabulous indeed!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Which Hippogryphs are there? like, 2? Cenarion and the Crusade?

At least 6 i think, Cenarion, Crusade, Argent Tournament for Alliance(white/blue), fire from Firelands quest zone achievement, the one from recruit a friend and the corrupted one from the card game(sometimes sold on the AH).

Lanrutcon

At least 6 i think, Cenarion, Crusade, Argent Tournament for Alliance(white/blue), fire from Firelands quest zone achievement, the one from recruit a friend and the corrupted one from the card game(sometimes sold on the AH).

Shit.

I'm pretty ignorant re the card game mounts.

strafer

Yeah, I usually breeze through dungeons solo on my fully decked out Warlock. It's fun.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Demon hunters only being elves is fucked, thats not even correct lore wise

The playable Demon Hunters are exclusively Illidari that were working for Illidan as of his death at the Black Temple. They were pretty much exclusively elf.

I mean it sucks and I'd much rather be an Undead or Orc DH, but it does make sense with their given backstory.

Interfectum

Gold Member
pAvAZ0b.png

1LNjyak.png

Working on a new look for my Hunter. Still tweaking it but digging it so far. Pants and tabard still being tweaked/gathered.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No tabards ever. Texture resolution is too low and the stretching is always terrible.

th3dude

So I just started playing again and this is my first time with the 6.2 content: is it worth dumping any gold into the shipyard at this point?

(Also still looking for a guild on Area52-US-Horde!)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it better to farm Tmog with a plate wearer since it can technically wear all armor?
You only unlock gear for your primary armor type. Only real benefit is that something like Warriors can unlock more weapon types.

th3dude

Depends how badly you want heirloom rings.

I like collecting as much as possible, but I don't see the effort being worth it at this point. I'd be more interested in achievements/pets/mounts that were exclusive to shipyard content.

Lain

Another day, more weird stuff happening to me. Today, I get randomly disconnected back to the char screen and when I log back in, I'm somewhere else. Like, I was killing a rare in Tanaan, rare almost dead > disconnect > log back in > I'm standing in front of Draka.

MMaRsu

Im really starting to dig this game again.. I want more awesome mounts and pets. What are some of the coolest but easy mounts to obtain? I did some google searches but a lot of outdated info

I have only the hearthsteed pet and babys first dragon, but I dont have artisan riding yet. I am close though.

With some help of an awesome guy I was able to get a shitton of amazing gear and sold most of that.

But guys whats the best auction house addon, where I can easily relist? And the best questing addons? Do questing addons even matter I find the quest system pretty damn great these days.

Interfectum

Gold Member
So what is everyone working on in preparation for Legion? Right now I'm just farming raids for better gear, transmogging and some pet battles but I'm wondering if there's any other big things I need to be doing.

Wish the item restoration service wasn't so limited. I've deleted so many mogs and rare/semi-rare stuff in the past that I can't get back now. Also, you can only use the service once per month for the entire account? Ugh. Hope they improve this in the future. Whenever I talk to GMs about manual restorations they just refuse and direct me to the website.

As for hippos, the original is still my fave due to its colour scheme. Best new one is probably the purple one.

Top Bottom