• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tacitus_

I went to do the Withered training this morning just after waking up. Gathered the mana and launched the scenario. Then I click on the teleport crystal instead of the NPC to start encounter and spamclick through the dialog boxes.

giphy.gif

erawsd

"Thats not an invasion force. Thats an army!"

Such an odd line.

The last few characters ive just skipped the intro but decided to do Broken Shore again on my Mage. Seems that some stuff has been cut to make the trip to the Broken Isles shorter. After you return to the capital city and are summoned to Dalaran over Deadwind Pass you just talk to Khadgar and the teleportation happens immediately. The part where you go into Kara seems to have been removed completely.

Yeah they had mentioned that the Ulduar/Kara stuff would be prepatch only.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt even notice eye of azshara was a zone and not just a dungeon until I just had a WQ there. What a clusterfuck that was lol. I assume there will be a world boss there when they are live because otherwise its a bit of a pointless zone

You should do the orbs to make the Kosumoth WQ appear there. Unless that's the one you're referring to.

the WQ? it was to kill 3 elementals and 20 of the little oozes. Is that place part of the whole octopus mount then? That would explain the sea of people there

Robin64

didnt even notice eye of azshara was a zone and not just a dungeon until I just had a WQ there. What a clusterfuck that was lol. I assume there will be a world boss there when they are live because otherwise its a bit of a pointless zone

You should do the orbs to make the Kosumoth WQ appear there. Unless that's the one you're referring to.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah they had mentioned that the Ulduar/Kara stuff would be prepatch only.

Ah i didnt catch that at all. i was skipping the entire scenario because i was thinking it would be an hour or two to just get to Broken Isles.

Its probably going to be something like Tanaan/Quel'danas/Molten Front/Timeless Isle.

I don't think any classes champions quite compare to Rogues. It's like a laundry list of famous and pretty visible characters with deep back stories; Garona, Vanessa VanCleef, Mathias Shaw, Valeera Sanguinar, Marin Noggenfogger, Lord Jaroch Ravenholdt. The only kind of throwaway character is Fleet Admiral Tethys, but even he is the leader of the Bloodsail Buccaneers. All the other classes seem to have 1-3 big names and a bunch of filler. I'd probably put DK's in second followed by Druids.

iirate

I don't think any classes champions quite compare to Rogues. It's like a laundry list of famous and pretty visible characters with deep back stories; Garona, Vanessa VanCleef, Mathias Shaw, Valeera Sanguinar, Marin Noggenfogger, Lord Jaroch Ravenholdt. The only kind of throwaway character is Fleet Admiral Tethys, but even he is the leader of the Bloodsail Buccaneers. All the other classes seem to have 1-3 big names and a bunch of filler. I'd probably put DK's in second followed by Druids.

Monks have a surprising number of big names for a class so often in the background.

Lanrutcon

Would have been awesome of Gul'dan was a Warlock order hall champion.

But like, wearing an obvious fake mustache and glasses.

"Um..not, I'm not that Gul'dan fellow. I'm....uh...Dan. Dan Burndowneverythingyoulovetopavewayforthelegion."

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Everyone gets to see something of them through the hall campaign. It's the quest line from Khadgar that makes you go underwater to examine a meteorite crash.

i don't remember seeing them..maybe i just wasn't properly paying attention

[edit] mages get millhouse manastorm, who has an ability that makes missions longer

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I should be fine lvling a Priest as Disc damage wise right? I mean compared to other healers

peely

Neo Member
so I should be fine lvling a Priest as Disc damage wise right? I mean compared to other healers

I've only done Stormheim and am 105 due to work and family, but had no problems. Not sure how my dps compares to other classes but no issues with survivability and taking on multiple mobs.

Got to decide which zone next now ;)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
okay well clearly i wasn't paying attention during the class order quests because i missed that
velen has apparently abandoned the light and is taking the exodar back to argus

i still don't see where
turalyon and alleria come into i though. they get mentioned but i don't recall anything more?

CHC

Based on the class trial I did I have to say that rogues have some of the best, if not the best, class related stuff. Great roster of characters, incredible class hall LOADED with detail, cool and meaningful artifacts, and an amazing new spec. They got a lot of love this time around.

My main is a warrior and while actually playing the class is as enjoyable as it has ever been, I really don't care for any of the class hall stuff, and the artifacts could have been much better. I'm not really into RP per se, but as an Orc warrior, I can't help but feel like "who cares" every time I go up to my golden Valhallan palace in the sky.

erawsd

okay well clearly i wasn't paying attention during the class order quests because i missed that
velen has apparently abandoned the light and is taking the exodar back to argus

i still don't see where
turalyon and alleria come into i though. they get mentioned but i don't recall anything more?

I imagine they'll play a bigger role later in the expac
when we go to Argus.

Based on the class trial I did I have to say that rogues have some of the best, if not the best, class related stuff. Great roster of characters, incredible class hall LOADED with detail, cool and meaningful artifacts, and an amazing new spec. They got a lot of love this time around.

My main is a warrior and while actually playing the class is as enjoyable as it has ever been, I really don't care for any of the class hall stuff, and the artifacts could have been much better. I'm not really into RP per se, but as an Orc warrior, I can't help but feel like "who cares" every time I go up to my golden Valhallan palace in the sky.

The rogue class hall really is amazing. Being next to the Maelstrom is pretty much the only thing going for the shaman one.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
mage hall pros

- teleportation network
- hang out with khadbro

mage hall cons

- looks like a room they cut out of the arcway

Touchdown

Banned
Anybody else who never really pvp'd find it somewhat enjoyable now? I love getting the new abilities as I level up. I really want the artifact skins! This is probably the most fun I've had pvping even though I was always a pve person.

Anybody else who never really pvp'd find it somewhat enjoyable now? I love getting the new abilities as I level up. I really want the artifact skins! This is probably the most fun I've had pvping even though I was always a pve person.

I'm trying to enjoy PVP because I need 1k honorable kills for an alternate color of my hidden artifact skin, but the Horde being terrible at BGs kind of kills it. I've taken to joining rat farm groups and just hoping for the best amidst the chaos.

CHC

Man, the Priest, DK, and Paladin mythic sets for tier 19 make me REALLY sad I can't raid like I did back in the day. The armors just look so goooooooood, it's crazy.

Monk, however, looks terrible. It's weird how almost every tier there is some class that winds up with a mythic sets that just looks some green quality leveling gear.... Seems like Monk especially has kind of an identity issue when it comes to set designs - never really a clear focus.

Touchdown

Banned
Man, the Priest, DK, and Paladin mythic sets for tier 19 make me REALLY sad I can't raid like I did back in the day. The armors just look so goooooooood, it's crazy.

Monk, however, looks terrible. It's weird how almost every tier there is some class that winds up with a mythic sets that just looks some green quality leveling gear.... Seems like Monk especially has kind of an identity issue when it comes to set designs - never really a clear focus.

dat druid set tho <3

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Druid Mythic 19 set. So. Good.

Renekton

So I just did the Statecraft chain for Nightfallen, and don't see Arcway and Court of Stars in Groupfinder... I guess they are only Mythic? :(

Gonna get votekicked out of pugs a lot soon...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like that the Shaman tier is variants on the set rather than 'mythic is the version we designed and non-mythic is the gimp version'
497384-shaman-tier-19-normal.jpg

arimanius

It's funny, the amount of complaining rogues did about their class hall when it got revealed that it turned out to be the best of all of them IMO. They even get some of the best champions.

Rhaknar

getting real old gettin declined for mythic court / arcway when I have the ilvl they ask for. I cant imagine what its like for locks and palis if I cant get a group as a hunter

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
getting real old gettin declined for mythic court / arcway when I have the ilvl they ask for. I cant imagine what its like for locks and palis if I cant get a group as a hunter

i've already seen a few '840+ mythic [x] leather only' groups too. blizzard have their work cut out for them with the first balance pass. sub numbers will drop like a lead balloon if half the classes in the game get informally blacklisted from group invites for mythic+.

CHC

dat druid set tho <3

Druid Mythic 19 set. So. Good.

Yup, druid looks phenomenal too.

It's funny, the amount of complaining rogues did about their class hall when it got revealed that it turned out to be the best of all of them IMO. They even get some of the best champions.

I mean, Ravenholdt Manor would have been cool too but

a) how would you get there easily, other than a portal (which isn't very rogue-like)?

b) Ravenholdt is already the main dude in the rogue class hall anyway

c) the sewers don't feel gross and scummy like people worried - they feel like some hidden, bustling, whimsical underworld. I love the dead adventurer on the docks, the goblin reclining on the gold pile, and all the other little details.

Tenebrous

If a tank/healer lists a group, then there will be 30+ applicants for that group in just a minute or two. You're most likely getting declined because 3 of those 30 have a higher item level than yourself.

v1perz53

I mean, Ravenholdt Manor would have been cool too but

a) how would you get there easily, other than a portal (which isn't very rogue-like)?

b) Ravenholdt is already the main dude in the rogue class hall anyway

c) the sewers don't feel gross and scummy like people worried - they feel like some hidden, bustling, whimsical underworld. I love the dead adventurer on the docks, the goblin reclining on the gold pile, and all the other little details.

Not to mention the point that during the rogue legendary daggers quest in cata Ravenholdt Manor
literally burned to the ground and was destroyed
. Yea I know, its like 6 years old info, but maybe some new rogues wanna do the quest line hah.

BTW, anyone else having issues logging in? My bar hangs at like 90% logging in forever, and I can only get on my DK which is in outland, but has 4k ping. Not sure if this is my connection or game wide, haven't seen any other mention of it.

If a tank/healer lists a group, then there will be 30+ applicants for that group in just a minute or two. You're most likely getting declined because 3 of those 30 have a higher item level than yourself.

Speaking as a tank, this is true. I can pick whatever goddamn DPS I want when I make a group, and if I'm playing with randoms, I'm going with highest ilevel and specs I know to be good even if played averagely.

v1perz53

Honestly there are certain mythics that I will not take hunters to simply because I don't want to deal with the inevitable barrage wipes. It is unfortunate because I'm sure plenty of hunters can use the ability just fine, but after 3 separate instances of me specifically telling hunters not to use barrage just to be safe and them doing so anyway I just can't justify taking one. Maybe I'd take one that has something like "I don't use barrage" in their comment hah. Was my favorite AoE ability on hunter in WoD, but man if legion dungeons are not friendly to this specific ability. Also, there continues to be a 1 in 3 chance that BM/Surv hunters have pet taunt on, which is so much more annoying with the much more deadly frontal cone attacks in legion dungeons. Glad marks generally doesn't use a pet at least...

But that actually reminds me, I really wish you had to apply to groups with the group finder as a specific spec, not just your class and the fact that you are DPS. Like, if there is a druid app to my group but I have 2 melee already, I would want him to be boomkin. But I can't see that from his app unless he puts it in his comment, and I could whisper him and wait for a response, or take 1 second to invite one of the many other apps.

Rhaknar

any trick to dark animus solo in ToT? I just get obliterated in seconds by all the mobs, I cant kill them fast enough.

25m solo, its been fine so far

Honestly there are certain mythics that I will not take hunters to simply because I don't want to deal with the inevitable barrage wipes. It is unfortunate because I'm sure plenty of hunters can use the ability just fine, but after 3 separate instances of me specifically telling hunters not to use barrage just to be safe and them doing so anyway I just can't justify taking one. Maybe I'd take one that has something like "I don't use barrage" in their comment hah. Was my favorite AoE ability on hunter in WoD, but man if legion dungeons are not friendly to this specific ability. Also, there continues to be a 1 in 3 chance that BM/Surv hunters have pet taunt on, which is so much more annoying with the much more deadly frontal cone attacks in legion dungeons. Glad marks generally doesn't use a pet at least...

But that actually reminds me, I really wish you had to apply to groups with the group finder as a specific spec, not just your class and the fact that you are DPS. Like, if there is a druid app to my group but I have 2 melee already, I would want him to be boomkin. But I can't see that from his app unless he puts it in his comment, and I could whisper him and wait for a response, or take 1 second to invite one of the many other apps.

I dont use barrage, im BM. I know you (or anyone) cant know that (well they can since I say im BM in the comment but still)

v1perz53

any trick to dark animus solo in ToT? I just get obliterated in seconds by all the mobs, I cant kill them fast enough.

25m solo, its been fine so far

Dark Animus is all about keeping the adds separated with whatever tricks you have, they have exponentially scaling damage as more get close together. Also they all resist AoE so make sure you are single targetting them. I used to do it at 100 on my tank monk (10 man only but same idea) by putting my taunt statue down on one side, sending my Xuen pet to a few of them then trying to kill the ones that came at me a few at a time, all about separation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to make a glyph for BM hunters where all your beasts are replaced by your equipped beast

I don't want to have to clear out my stables of all but one just to get that

scy

I often wonder what it'd be like if I tried to pug as Frost DK and being met with the "not Unholy???" questioning.

Really though, the few times I try to fill from group finder, I just take the first DPS that applies. The list gets flooded too fast to do more than just "eh, somebody works."

Lomax

A lot of people deride WoD for having too many Orcs but the whole "alternate universe" angle meant they could do whatever the fuck they wanted and I feel the zones themselves benefited from that. Legion, on the other hand, has the problem of "this is not-Azshara, this is not-Felwood, and this is not-Howling Fjord". Because they need to stay within the confines of Azeroth, they more or less have to recycle concepts. Even Suramar is more or less a retread of the Blood Elf story.

auZIK3o.png

Hey, could someone tell me what backpack mod this is? It's literally the first backpack mod I've ever seen that looks like something I'd want to use.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hey, could someone tell me what backpack mod this is? It's literally the first backpack mod I've ever seen that looks like something I'd want to use.

This is AdiBags. It sorts your stuff automatically into categories and has a shortcut for vendoring greys.

Top Bottom