• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Shahadan

People are annoying with HPS. Did a few tries on Dragons and the leader kept harassing some guy about this, which ended up making him leave, and then it was my turn.

Don't they get healing is finite? can't top the meters when people are at full health, and anyway I can't compete with a druid and his green vomit healing everyone at once.

Nere

Unfortunately people are reporting on the feedback thread that Karazhan is really easy, hope it isn't tuned for 830 ilvl or something like the other mythics.

Pretty sure this expansion is going to be remembered as "that one where Blizzard forgot what happens to subscriber numbers when they cater to people without jobs".

Same here. The problems I have with my class are dulled down a bit while in a raiding environment, but that's always going to happen when ability usage is based off of encounter difficulty.

I'm playing other games now. Legion can just be a 3 day per week thing.

Yeah, same. Enjoying other games, catching up on some shows, etc. The artifact grind was cool at first but now it's just a drag, a huge time sink for very little reward. It's not worth it to me to waste that time for such little return. Couple that with the class changes that really fucked up all the classes I liked, I'm at the point where I don't want to invest more time in characters with specs that blizz might end up completely changing. Again. I can say that the majority of the classes I got to 100 all play worse. Warlocks aren't fun, Paladins aren't fun, warriors are okay, Blood DK (my main) isn't fun at all. BM hunter is comically bad. Normally at this point I'd be playing alts to take up some time and I just can't be bothered because it's not fun. Their tuning passes and lack of follow through on feedback REALLY bothers me.

lazygecko

Well, I finally had enough of the underwhelming sound design for enhancement shaman abilities so I started revamping them myself. If anyone wants to try my overhaul as it is so far, go right ahead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66640537/enhshaman_audiotweaks.zip

The main problem I have with Blizzard's sounds is that they are all relatively long, with lots of sustained low and high end without much of a real attack to them. Combined with the fast pace of ability spamming, all these spells and procs end up constantly overlapping eachother, diluting everything and just creating this nondescript noise where no individual sound stands out (has anyone even noticed the fact that there are sound triggers for windfury procs, for instance?).

What I've done is replace some of the sounds completely, like rockbiter/boulderfist and stormstrike, while others have been tweaked by shortening their length, EQing them a bit to free up some bass and mids, etc. The end result is that all of the sounds are given more room to breathe, making them more readable as well as giving some more defined "oomph" to the main attack abilities.

Jrmint

People are annoying with HPS. Did a few tries on Dragons and the leader kept harassing some guy about this, which ended up making him leave, and then it was my turn.

Don't they get healing is finite? can't top the meters when people are at full health, and anyway I can't compete with a druid and his green vomit healing everyone at once.
I completely agree with you. I've played a main spec healer for years and hate when people talk about hps. If people are not dying then you're doing your job.

Sarek

Great last few days in WoW for me. Found a new guild through an old friend, and did my first progression raiding since downing HC DW back in Dragon Soul. This game really is at its best when working together to beat difficult fights with a bunch of cool people. Didn't even realize we were doing heroic EN at first since everything was so much cleaner than my normal EN pugs have been.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If all else fails, they can give it it's own Mythic+ system rather than part of the normal one. Hopefully.
Why are they even making content that does not fit into the Mythic+ system to begin with though?

Mupod

I went from having nothing but some 835 world quest trinkets to practically every dungeon trinket out there in 2 days. Weird. A little disappointed to find out that the 840 str/crit/socketed stats only trinket I have is still probably better than all of them for Unholy.

Also, my monk friend who hit 110 in about one day has been running dungeons nonstop since then. We've cleared countless mythic+ this week alone. He's seen 8 legendaries drop in dungeons...for other people. I fear for his sanity.

Atlantis

What exactly is the recommended ilvl for Mythic dungeons?

I've kind of hit a bit of a wall here. I'm around 825 ilvl so most Heroic loot isn't an upgrade, but Mythic groups are requiring much higher. I've done what I can to collect higher ilvl stuff from world quests, the world boss, ect. but I don't see myself hitting the 840 or so ilvl that most of these groups are requiring without weeks of scouring for gear.

Xeteh

I've kind of hit a bit of a wall here. I'm around 825 ilvl so most Heroic loot isn't an upgrade, but Mythic groups are requiring much higher. I've done what I can to collect higher ilvl stuff from world quests, the world boss, ect. but I don't see myself hitting the 840 or so ilvl that most of these groups are requiring without weeks of scouring for gear.

You're fine for Mythics with your gear, people just want higher levels to make it more mindless. I tanked on my Druid at 810 with my friend healing and it was no issue.

Lanrutcon

I think I've got 2-3 different toys so far. It can also drop blood dk artifact skin, maybe other classes too?

Cool stuff.

If you listen to the community, then you need 850.

Which is bullshit. That "I want a smooth run" excuse has run its course.

Atlantis

You're fine for Mythics with your gear, people just want higher levels to make it more mindless. I tanked on my Druid at 810 with my friend healing and it was no issue.

That's what I figured was going on. I'll just see if I can get a group of guildies/friends together for them before reset.

Finally killed Xavius on Normal. The last two bosses were a lot easier to grasp than I initially thought.

And the important bit is I got my first legendary from Ursoc, the enhance shaman boots that lower Spirit Raptors' cooldown. Had one other raid member get a legendary too, feels like they're starting to drop a lot more.

Foxyone

Is there an ideal healing (frame) add-on, or perhaps just a best position (and size) for the bars? My current position leaves me with 5 bars in one column on the far right of my screen for dungeons, but for raids, it leaves me with all the bars extending from there towards the middle of my screen in a rectangular block. I'm thinking it might be better to just settle for shorter fat bars than long ones. It'd be easier for gyro mouse movement if they take up less space I guess (I think they look ugly though). Still though, might it be better to move the bars just above my skills at the bottom?

Lain

I've actually really been enjoying leveling a Holy Paladin through older content, although it is remarkably easy with heirlooms. The real test of my enjoyment of the spec will be current content. It's a little weird not having to deal with Holy Power anymore, I liked the throttle on mana usage you used to have but I like the lower level healing talents the spec has now. With Bestow Faith and Holy Shock you can be pretty mobile healer, I used to struggle with any healer outside of Resto Shaman and old Disc Priest keeping up with some tanks. That isn't the case with Holy Paladin anymore, even if your movement speed bursts are somewhat sporadic versus spirit wolf or shield boost.

Even though the mastery doesn't come into play until 78, Consecration (and some later talent options) sort of encourages you to be closer to the melee scrum so Holy Paladin does feel more like a battle healer, like some melee equivalent of a Discipline Priest in a weird way.

You definitely encounter more weirdness as a healer than as a tank in PUGs, or at least that's been my experience. There's always some people doing goofy shit, queuing as tanks but playing DPS, people with nutty heirlooms for different classes, all of the weird fighting people get into.

I've found holy paladin enjoyable to level through current content, but now at 110 and with low ilvl (780ish) I find myself in the weird position where healing feels like trying to put out a fire spitting. Just doing the brewfest boss, which is a very easy fight, trying to heal people with 1.5 to 3.5 millions HP when my heals do 93k or thereabout makes me feel like I'm constantly doing catch up and since people in general love to be careless and take avoidable damage or damage they shouldn't take, it ends not being as fun for me.

I've found more weirdness as a healer in pugs too and with people always expecting you to wipe their ass it almost makes me feel like a babysitter at times.

Lanrutcon

I've found holy paladin enjoyable to level through current content, but now at 110 and with low ilvl (780ish) I find myself in the weird position where healing feels like trying to put out a fire spitting. Just doing the brewfest boss, which is a very easy fight, trying to heal people with 1.5 to 3.5 millions HP when my heals do 93k or thereabout makes me feel like I'm constantly doing catch up and since people in general love to be careless and take avoidable damage or damage they shouldn't take, it ends not being as fun for me.

I've found more weirdness as a healer in pugs too and with people always expecting you to wipe their ass it almost makes me feel like a babysitter at times.

It's always been this way.

Healing a good group? absolute bliss. Healing a bad/lazy group? Covering for their mistakes.

Muddimar

Any reason to do withered army training at exalted with all the chests gotten

I wouldn't recommend doing it today. I started it up for the first time, spent 400 ancient mana, it gets stuck at the loading screen, finally loads me into a random field in Suramar, minus my 400 ancient mana, not letting me actually play the withered army mini game.

Really strange, it luckily gave me a pass on completing it for the first time, but no rewards (of course). I think it's bugged right now lol.

dimb

Have you seen that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZDzMbTRV6E ? Hilarious video, are rogues really that OP in pvp?
I don't really get the joke. None of this is even remotely close to being true. Rogue can do some crazy things in PvP but it isn't really out of line with other DPS classes. More than that, the idea that healers don't have power in PvP is absurd. They are the most well represented role in threes, with Resto Shaman, Mistweaver, and Holy Paladin filling out the top ranking specs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Xavius doesnt seem undertuned at all on normal ;_;

Gurrry

Idk what the deal is but I log in today and everything is lagging out, my quests are all bugged and cant be tracked, some of my abilities have giant red ? marks on them..

Nere

No legendaries on sight, losing hopes of resubing soon since the awful suramar reputation forces me to do their dailies for crap rep exp.

If you are bored doing all of them just wait for nightfallen emissary or kirin tor. Also only do the rare world quests since they give the most rep, ignore the smaller ones you don't have to do them.

Cancelled my sub, runs out on the 21st. I think the honeymoon period for Legion is over for me. It's just "same shit, different day" now.

I finally manage to get 2000 Ancient Mana together for training my withered (harder since they nerfed the vineyards) and the very next quest I do in Suramar asks me for another 1200 before I can progress. I mean, I know they have to gate peoples progress but surely they already have with the miniscule reputation gains you get for the Nightfallen? Asking for ever increasing amounts of Ancient Mana top progress a questline on top of that just seems like it's taking the piss lol.

That, and the lack of variety in World Quests, uninspiring zones which make levelling alts a chore and the hamfisted Illidan "The Chosen One" Stormrage storyline just makes me want to check out for 6 to 12 months and see if anything changes in the future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool cleared Normal EN with my mythic (as in the cats I do mythic dungeons with, not that they are a mythic raid guild) friends guild in their / our first go at it. Its a small guild, we were only about 15 and that with me and another dude not from the guild.

anyway fun stuff, Xavius actually gave me that "fuck yeah" feeling u get from raids...kinda missed that not gonna lie.

Mythic+s and Normal raids once a week (they only raid on sunday) is just what I want / need / can do these days so hopefully Ill keep at it.

Got 850 gloves to replace my 835s and a 870 head from a bonus roll so that was good too, up to 851 now (this is on the monk, I was healing, my hunter is...welll, shes gonna have to stay parked now)

Ark

cool cleared Normal EN with my mythic (as in the cats I do mythic dungeons with, not that they are a mythic raid guild) friends guild in their / our first go at it. Its a small guild, we were only about 15 and that with me and another dude not from the guild.

anyway fun stuff, Xavius actually gave me that "fuck yeah" feeling u get from raids...kinda missed that not gonna lie.

Mythic+s and Normal raids once a week (they only raid on sunday) is just what I want / need / can do these days so hopefully Ill keep at it.

Got 850 gloves to replace my 835s and a 870 head from a bonus roll so that was good too, up to 851 now (this is on the monk, I was healing, my hunter is...welll, shes gonna have to stay parked now)

The first time we downed Xavius it felt good. The second time we ninja-pulled because of lag and one-shot it and realised how easy he really is on normal.

We DC'ed tonight on 3% Dragons heroic. When we all reconnected we were at the first boss and he'd respawned. We all left and reset, which set things right, but we lost about 20 minutes from that entire fiasco so we didn't have enough time to put in a real attempt at Ursoc.

Did get an 870 trinket from Dragon's though. So there's that. Got my Rogue alt from 794 to 827 ilvl today too :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mage or DK?

maeg

Got in a court group. Only one chest but I got two items out of it. One given to me and one drop.

Unfortunately the Relic I got is worthless. Traits is bad, 1+ ilvl doesn't outweigh my current superior trait.

Rhaknar

When is 7.1 expected again? I can't remember.

November maybe?

Also, no legendaries for anyone in that EN :/

Edit: and no mistweaver artifact skin from the dragons either ;_;

dimb

Would not be too surprised to see 7.1 in late October. November is probably the safer bet though.

If you are bored doing all of them just wait for nightfallen emissary or kirin tor. Also only do the rare world quests since they give the most rep, ignore the smaller ones you don't have to do them.

Yeah, I hope there is a extra mission in the middle of the rep bar because I need 21k rep for the next tier

Pretty sure this expansion is going to be remembered as "that one where Blizzard forgot what happens to subscriber numbers when they cater to people without jobs".

I'll be shocked if at some point they don't change Artifact Power and Knowledge to be server or account wide so it's something that applies to all of your characters like Paragon Levels do for Diablo 3.

With how AP functions now I'm only rolling one character in Legion. Once I hit walls with it, I'm just going to stop playing. Don't want to roll other characters, don't want to deal with AP grinds again and again and again.

Leveling this Holy Paladin from scratch is an attempt to sort of inure myself to the randomness you get playing with strangers in pick-up groups or the dungeon finder. If you experience it leveling through older content it's less of a shock in current content. You're just used to the fact that some groups are smooth sailing and others make will make you want to smash your keyboard with your face because it seems like that's how the group your healing is playing.

Uh...transmog appearances aren't account wide?

Right now I have a 2h sword on my DK that's transmogged as the Twinblade of the Phoenix, but I can't apply that look again/to something else?

>_>;

Renekton

I'll be shocked if at some point they don't change Artifact Power and Knowledge to be server or account wide so it's something that applies to all of your characters like Paragon Levels do for Diablo 3.

With how AP functions now I'm only rolling one character in Legion. Once I hit walls with it, I'm just going to stop playing. Don't want to roll other characters, don't want to deal with AP grinds again and again and again.
IINM they already said they will reduce the research time for AK.

Rhaknar

Uh...transmog appearances aren't account wide?

Right now I have a 2h sword on my DK that's transmogged as the Twinblade of the Phoenix, but I can't apply that look again/to something else?

>_>;

They are

Top Bottom