• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Renekton

Tank running Mythic 4 at breakneck speed pushed my sht in, died so many times, I don't know how you guys do it.

I think +3 is my personal limit.

Arcayne

got the red pvp skin for both my DH hidden artifacts from 3 games of AV, and got the legendary havoc boots from an emissary chest. damn good night

Personally I didnt enjoy the "collect 1240 pebbles and turn em into a legendary"-quests of MoP and WoD. The items didnt feel very special to me like that.

I would say more than that even, is that the legendaries in WoD and MoP were both must haves, and increased your damage/healing so much it was unreasonable. In Legion, they have a ton of stats which is nice, and a decent passive ability, but I don't see any single one that is just stupidly broken good--unlike MoP where getting your cape to a certain point was literally a 50%+ damage increase,

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I guess Class Halls and Legion instnaced zones like Helheim are just going to be CRZ every so often because it keeps happening and Blizzards seems incapable of fixing it for longer than a week.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really don't mind Class Halls being CRZed. It's pretty cool seeing a shit ton of people there.

I don't care about the CRZ bugs, but I'd like to know why my ping to the Instance Server and sometimes within the Legion zones only, seems to regularly spike from 40ms to upwards of 550ms. Tanking on my DK is a bitch when my ping is all over the place.

erawsd

Personally I didnt enjoy the "collect 1240 pebbles and turn em into a legendary"-quests of MoP and WoD. The items didnt feel very special to me like that.

Once they get the Legion legendary system to actually work and increase drop chance over time if you're being unlucky, I think it's not too RNG-ish. Once it's actually confirmed to work like that, people not getting a legendary can also think that "oh well, it'll drop eventually".

I think the Legion legendaries are a great carrot to do various content daily, and the surprise element of it is fun to me. Then again, I love Diablo 3 and have hundreds if not thousands of hours put into it.

I got my first (and only) legendary so far from a heroic Xavius kill.

The fact that the legendaries are random drops is also kind of cool in a social way, cos you share the "surprise moment" with your guild and it's not like just "oh yay you also got the 1240 pebbles now grats for achievement......". Not sure if I'm crazy but even the point where you can yell at your friend for getting their 3 legendary before you get your first. Way more engaging than some quest reward.

Its definitely very RNGish. Its an item that drops from a variety of sources and there are 6-8 per spec of wildly varying strength and usefulness. The fact that there is so much uncertainty surrounding whether "bad luck protection" is working or not just magnifies the annoyance level. Personally, I also find it very limiting. I cant get decent trinkets for my resto spec because Im afraid if I swap my loot spec and the legendary drops for resto then I've squandered my hidden protection stat. All of these are reasons that I'd much prefer to collect "x of a thing".

I do agree that its social, though not in a way that people are really sharing excitement and fun. Instead, Im seeing/hearing much more frustration. I think titanforging and trading personal loot does a better job of making the loot experience more social and being a carrot to participate in daily content.

I would say more than that even, is that the legendaries in WoD and MoP were both must haves, and increased your damage/healing so much it was unreasonable. In Legion, they have a ton of stats which is nice, and a decent passive ability, but I don't see any single one that is just stupidly broken good--unlike MoP where getting your cape to a certain point was literally a 50%+ damage increase,

The power level of the item doesn't really matter though, the bad luck protection is there to ensure that everyone will get one. My point is that Id rather see that progress communicated to me vs it just being a hidden variable.

Sölf

Tank running Mythic 4 at breakneck speed pushed my sht in, died so many times, I don't know how you guys do it.

I think +3 is my personal limit.

Which dungeon? It really depends on the dungeon and the Affixes. Some of the dungeons are pretty easy, Eye of Azshara being one of them. Other, like Halls of Valor, are pure cancer on higher levels. We did a HoV +6 two days ago and I just got killed in less than a second at one point:
Raging Affix on a Thundercaller, I got the stun from him, then the normal cast that is interruptible (which dealt over 1,2 million damage because of raging) and ALSO a "Shatter Rune" cast from one of the Runecarvers (or whhatever those casters with "Etch" are called). I had full HP and then was just dead. Srsly. Skovald already did over 900k with this Fel Charge, He probably starts to oneshot people with Tyrannical.

So I guess Class Halls and Legion instnaced zones like Helheim are just going to be CRZ every so often because it keeps happening and Blizzards seems incapable of fixing it for longer than a week.

I don't think it's a bug:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/770624-crz-in-legion-zonesagain/
Ornyx said:
We've stated this numerous times, but this is not new. CRZ has existed in Broken Isle zones since launch, however you may not have seen it active due to the amount of players leveling the same zone on your server.

I like it, my server's quite small, so it's nice to have people around again. It's onlya problem for some world quests where spawn rates are too low.

Renekton

Sölf;218795489 said:
Which dungeon? It really depends on the dungeon and the Affixes. Some of the dungeons are pretty easy, Eye of Azshara being one of them. Other, like Halls of Valor, are pure cancer on higher levels. We did a HoV +6 two days ago and I just got killed in less than a second at one point:
Raging Affix on a Thundercaller, I got the stun from him, then the normal cast that is interruptible (which dealt over 1,2 million damage because of raging) and ALSO a "Shatter Rune" cast from one of the Runecarvers (or whhatever those casters with "Etch" are called). I had full HP and then was just dead. Srsly. Skovald already did over 900k with this Fel Charge, He probably starts to oneshot people with Tyrannical.
Neltharion's Lair + 4. Sounds easy enough but I invited 2 melees on Sanguine so they got chunked by bloodpools as tank chainpulled. I also had 3 derp deaths like leaping into solid ground before Rokmora.

Now I am sitting on a BRH+5 key and considering letting it expire.

Sölf

Neltharion's Lair + 4. Sounds easy enough but I invited 2 melees on Sanguine so they got chunked by bloodpools as tank chainpulled. I also had 3 derp deaths like leaping into solid ground before Rokmora.

Now I am sitting on a BRH+5 key and considering letting it expire.

BRH is okay, with the exception of this HORRIBLE gauntlet. We had that last week, when our gear was still a bit lower. And we had the Teeming Affix. Oh boy, some of those packs are enormous and horrible.
Also, DKs and Warlocks are great in here, since you can MC enemies. Last time I ran through the dungeon with one of those Arcane caster, which deal ~300k with their attack which stacks up to 500% increased damage. The rogues with their Knifedance may also come in handy on all those trash pulls.

Renekton

Sölf;218798489 said:
BRH is okay, with the exception of this HORRIBLE gauntlet. We had that last week, when our gear was still a bit lower. And we had the Teeming Affix. Oh boy, some of those packs are enormous and horrible.
Also, DKs and Warlocks are great in here, since you can MC enemies. Last time I ran through the dungeon with one of those Arcane caster, which deal ~300k with their attack which stacks up to 500% increased damage. The rogues with their Knifedance may also come in handy on all those trash pulls.
Holy balls I just read about teeming, okay that is horrible.

Anyways I'm only 846 so will just let my +5 key expire. My heals feel like drop in the ocean.

Lanrutcon

I have never pet battled before. How do I start so I can do those WQ?

Oooh oooh! I can answer this one.

Right, you need a fair spread of level 25 pets. The idea is not to have uber ones, but a variety so that you can exploit whatever weakness the opponent has. WoWhead has a large comments section on each WQ and which pet setups work (and there are always multiple).

But you've only got a handful of pets and they're all level 1 because you've wasted your time doing bullshit like "raiding" and "questing", right? right? So here are your options:

1) Go catch/buy a handful of powerful, all purpose pets. Level them manually through pet battles with wild pets of your level. This is cheap but takes a bit of grinding. Once they're 25, use your power pets as a core to beat on high level wild pets to expand your arsenal as needed for each WQ. You do not need uber rare pets to beat WQs. You just need to tailor your setup to the enemy. Again, let WoWhead do the thinking for you.

2) You're rich, right? Milked those garrisons? Go buy yourself a nice spread of maxed out super pets. Use em to trample the WQs. Bathe in the blood of virgins, etc etc. Good pets at level 25 generally cost anywhere from 5k upwards, and the super rare ones cost an arm and a leg. Again, rarity means shit. Exploit enemy weaknesses.

If words like "exploit enemy weaknesses" confuse you, then you've never played Pokemon. Pet Battles are rock paper scissors, at the core. Each "type" of pet (beast, critter, mechanical, etc) is weak against another type, and strong against a completely different type. Because WQs battles are static (read: you know exactly what you're facing ahead of time) you can just take in a group of pets which are strong against whatever the enemy fields.

Here are some really handy pets:
- Chromius
- Anisubeth Idol
- Emerald Whelping
- Almost any kind of snail or crab
- Almost every type of mechanical pet (get a Clockwork Gnome or the WoD prepatch event pet)
- Terrible Turnip or Molten Corgi (for catching wild pets)
- Corefire Imp
- Unborn Val'kyr

erawsd

I have never pet battled before. How do I start so I can do those WQ?

The above rundown is pretty accurate, though Id add that theres no good reason to level pets just for the world quests. The vast majority of the rewards are just things related to pet battles and the occasional low grade AP item.

Sarcasm

The above rundown is pretty accurate, though Id add that theres no good reason to level pets just for the world quests. The vast majority of the rewards are just things related to pet battles and the occasional low grade AP item.

I won't like hardcore PB, but it be nice to do them. Some AP and resources were good from them.

8JKPM3k.jpg

fucking lol

Apathy

So today was chaining mythic plus with friends/carrying people while we did it. Lots of fun. One of the guys I was running with got a legendary, the neck in one of the first runs we did. Two hours later while still doing runs he got his second legendary. Really really really wish blizzard would at just acknowledge that their bug fix didn't do anything

Wait what?

Bahahaha

(deep breath)

hahahaha

Wait, but really? Is it a joke? Did he somehow by some crazy means, miss the artifact quests? Is such a thing even possible?

according to the post on reddit they carried this dude through a mythic 2 because of his keystone but he was using these glaives instead of the artifact

normally I'd give the benefit of the doubt but mal'ganis + "illi___" as a name makes that pretty difficult

different player but another DH pugging a raid:

0Hrk82q.jpg

Apathy

So instead of 840 gear in a mythic with the chance of it becoming much better, it would be better if it was just 840 forever? Wouldnt that just make stuff irrelevant much faster?

Hell I do some heroics still to help out some friends or something and in the back of my mind I think "well at least there's a chance I can get lucky and get a upgrade".

What am I missing? Or is it about the legendaries?

Static ilv on gear would have made the raid last much longer. Personally I have hated warforge/titanforge since they came up with that stupid idea. It's more slot machine mechanics into the game, and having to hope that in raids you get something that actually procs up. The fact that mythic+ can be spammed and +2 and +3 could get you procs that went really high just meant you had to spam them before the raid which made raid gear actually worse since you only get one shot at that per week. Since mythic were tuned for 850 but the top guilds were going in there average 860+ of course there is a problem with the system.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
according to the post on reddit they carried this dude through a mythic 2 because of his keystone but he was using these glaives instead of the artifact

normally I'd give the benefit of the doubt but mal'ganis + "illi___" as a name makes that pretty difficult

different player but another DH pugging a raid:

0Hrk82q.jpg

We had someone in this thread that didn't know ret paladins had an interrupt

Apathy

You have to miss the quest on purpose, like the breadcrumb quest giver follows you around dal annoyingly at all times till you take it

LogicStep

I'm having fun with my enhancement shaman, though I'm not sure if it'll be competitive in dps with other classes. Last night I hit 110 and got carried through some normals and mythics. Went from 791 to 825 in a matter of hours. Now to do some lfr and keep working on suramar. Game sure is fun.

I also picked up enchanting since the guild apparently needs one but man does it look like it'll take a long time to level it up to max..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Healer leaves in the middle of the starting pull of Violet Hold of all things

I reported that dude for griefing. Don't even give a fuck. Violet Hold was the worst possible spot he could have done that in

Beepos

Finally at ilvl 830... feel like i kill a lot faster so that means the scaling is just at level 110 and not item level? Am I crazy or can I enjoy faster kills up till 850+?

Sölf

Hm, the loot in Karazhan and Trial of Valor was upped by 5 itemlevels up to 855 (and 860 in the later parts of Kara). I actually like that change, it basically means Karazhan as a Mythic only dungeon is 1 difficulty above the other ones, similar to the various raid difficulties.

Sölf;218817410 said:
Hm, the loot in Karazhan and Trial of Valor was upped by 5 itemlevels up to 855 (and 860 in the later parts of Kara). I actually like that change, it basically means Karazhan as a Mythic only dungeon is 1 difficulty above the other ones, similar to the various raid difficulties.

Karazhan is mythic only?

Fuck yes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Karazhan is mythic only?

Fuck yes

Yeah, I can definitely understand not wanting to make a queueable dungeon with 9 bosses.

My only concern is that I very much doubt it will be part of the mythic+ structure due to its length, which means it would quickly become obsolete and that would be a terrible waste.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I can definitely understand not wanting to make a queueable dungeon with 9 bosses.

My only concern is that I very much doubt it will be part of the mythic+ structure due to its length, which means it would quickly become obsolete and that would be a terrible waste.

you reckon? I hadnt even thought that it wouldnt have mythic +

Fjordson

I'm having fun with my enhancement shaman, though I'm not sure if it'll be competitive in dps with other classes. Last night I hit 110 and got carried through some normals and mythics. Went from 791 to 825 in a matter of hours. Now to do some lfr and keep working on suramar. Game sure is fun.

I also picked up enchanting since the guild apparently needs one but man does it look like it'll take a long time to level it up to max..
Enhance is one of the best DPS specs in the game right now. That can always change in a hurry, but right now they're beastly.

Sölf

Ion already said, that Karazhan will have no Mythic+ mode upon release, but they may introduce one later. And if they do, I am pretty sure it will have 2-3 seperate wings.

Bizazedo

Here are some really handy pets:
- Chromius
- Anisubeth Idol
- Emerald Whelping
- Almost any kind of snail or crab
- Almost every type of mechanical pet (get a Clockwork Gnome or the WoD prepatch event pet)
- Terrible Turnip or Molten Corgi (for catching wild pets)
- Corefire Imp
- Unborn Val'kyr

I've been enjoying being able to do the WQ's that are pet battles. My team sucks, but it's fun using Mini Thor, 'lil Ragnaros, and Mini Diablo lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sölf;218821832 said:
Ion already said, that Karazhan will have no Mythic+ mode upon release, but they may introduce one later. And if they do, I am pretty sure it will have 2-3 seperate wings.

boo :(

Top Bottom