• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
mclem said:
I've been saying it since Vanilla: Talented added effect to Consecration. It makes so much sense!

Trust me. If Consecration did healing, I would shit myself so hard. I think everyone who has ever healed as a paladin has wished for it.

Alex

The Hunter preview is the most boring so far, in my opinion. A modded steady shot, and two leftovers from Wrath beta.

Then a bunch of text that really says nothing. Vague BM changed, an ammo system that was supposed to be in before I quit like a year ago, the pet stuff is kinda cool though.

Unsure what to think of focus. Why does like, EVERYTHING have a huge focus cost? Sure, it's not even in beta yet, but I mean it just seems like a tweaked energy system and even defensive moves take fairly gigantic amounts of focus.

Oh well, that's just my outlook, I don't even like Hunter. Well, except for that one time after their revision during BC where they were so stupidly OP'd for a bit. That was fun playing a friends Hunter in AV in PvE gear and just mowing people down.

notworksafe

Well GC did say the focus costs were just "examples" so I assume that means they aren't even close to working that out yet. My guess on why they went focus for hunters is because they'll have an ability similar to Warlock where they steal focus from their pets.

Cipherr

Where the fuck is our hunter pet scaling.

That shit was supposed to go in forever ago back when they said ammo was supposed to be going away, then they pushed it to 3.3 then pushed it to wrath, and now its not even in the preview. Pets really need to scale based on the stats the hunter has, they promised it long ago. If that finally goes in Ill be happy. Trap launcher is a little lame, Ill take it.

In any case, get off the hunters back. Some of the changes warrant a little worry. There is bitching by locks wars and all of the other classes with changes too, so stop being so bandwagon and laying it on the hunters.

I think every hunter has the right to wonder if whether they use an explosive shot and a serpent sting and a black arrow leaving them with no focus, whether or not they are dead meat at that point seeing as you cant exactly stand still and pump up your focus in PvP.

That seems like a completely legitimate concern. You cant steady shot while moving.... You cant autoshot while moving....And you cant use your instants on the move if you have no focus.... And being tied to turretting in ANY pvp environment is suicide. And if you actually play a hunter you have probably already realized that we got one new spell.

Cobra shot is just steady shot for BM. A skill we pretty much already have.

Trap launcher is freezing shot, but for other shots.

They are pretty much reskinned abilities. Im a little let down tbh, but Ill take it in stride hoping things work out. But theres no way Ill touch PvP with that focus system requiring you to stand still and turret in order to be able to rebuild enough focus to use your defensive cooldowns. People will blow every cooldown to sit on us, and once we are out of focus we will be sitting ducks. All camo does is encourage you to do exactly what we dont want you to do. Get close....

Focus costs don't seem huge to me. They are about the same as Rogue energy costs. You know, FOK costs half your energy and look at how much that is spammed on raid trash. Sinister Strike is 45 energy and that's our main combo point builder as combat. Mutilate and back stab are 60 energy and they are the main combo point builders for dagger specs.

Cipherr

Oni Link 666 said:
Focus costs don't seem huge to me. They are about the same as Rogue energy costs. You know, FOK costs half your energy and look at how much that is spammed on raid trash. Sinister Strike is 45 energy and that's our main combo point builder as combat. Mutilate and back stab are 60 energy and they are the main combo point builders for dagger specs.

Rogues can autoattack while mobile, rogues get a 1s GCD, rogues are built around a set energy regeneration rate.

Hunters cannot autoshoot on the move, 1.5s GCD, are likely to be built around being able to replenish focus with steadyshot (otherwise this mechanic probably wouldnt exist).

Just those things alone are enough to not want to draw a parallel imo.

Do you really think Hunters won't be getting any energy back while moving or doing something other than steady shot? Rogues and pets regen energy/focus all the time without attacking. I don't think Hunters need to be freaking out over energy regeneration yet. Just wait until they tell us more about how it will work.

Look at all the mana regen and mana conservation talents you have now like Hunting Party, Efficiency, Resourcefulness, Invigoration, and Rapid Recuperation. Those talents will probably be changed to give back energy on crits, reduce the energy costs of shots, and stuff like that.

Cipherr

The point is that even though a rogue generates energy over time, and we will generate focus over time, how much energy does:

Vanish
Cloak of Shadows
Evasion
and Sprint cost you?

Thats the point, defensive cooldowns set to such a limited resource is a bad idea. Especially when said resource is built around a stationary component being the defacto way to replenish said resource.

As for the list of mana replenish abilities you listed, imagine them in their focus formats, and answer how many of them will allow you to use a defensive cooldown if you are at a low amount of energy. The vast amount of them are activated by dealing damage, killing something or otherwise being able to attack some. We dont attack while moving, unless.....we have focus.

Alex

The damage is done differently and wont line up like that

But what sticks out to me, focus wise, are the defensive bits. It's like if Rogue took 30 energy to vanish or evade instead of, yknow, 0

Cipherr

Alex said:
The damage is done differently and wont line up like that

But what sticks out to me, focus wise, are the defensive bits. It's like if Rogue took 30 energy to vanish or evade instead of, yknow, 0

Exactly this. Perhaps I wasnt articulating it right, but 90% of rogues defensive cooldowns are not costing 30% of their resource. And even if they did, the completely passive regeneration of their resource is higher than ours, and they have a form of attack even when they are both out of their resource AND moving....autoattack.

Tamanon

Banned
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm we'll be making several changes to class talents and abilities. Here you will get a glimpse into some of the changes we have in store for the druid. The information you're about to read is certainly not complete, and is only meant to act as a preview of some of the exciting new things to come. Let's kick things off by checking out some of the new druid spells and abilities!

New Druid Abilities

Thrash (Level 81): Thrash deals damage and causes all targets within 10 yards to bleed every 2 seconds for 6 seconds. The intent here is to give bears another button to hit while tanking. Talents will affect the bleed, such as causing Swipe to deal more damage to bleeding targets. 5-second cooldown. 25 Rage.

Stampeding Roar (Level 83): The druid roars, increasing the movement of all allies within 10 yards by 40% for 8 seconds. Stampeding Roar can be used in cat or bear form, but bears might have a talent to drop the cooldown. The goal of this ability is to give both bears and cats a little more situational group utility. 3-minute cooldown. No cost.

Wild Mushroom (Level 85): Grows a magical mushroom at the target location. After 4 seconds the mushroom becomes invisible. Enemies who cross the mushroom detonate it, causing it to deal area-of-effect damage, though its damage component will remain very effective against single targets. The druid can also choose to detonate the mushroom ahead of time. This is primarily a tool for the Balance druid, and there will be talents that play off of it. No cooldown. 40-yard range. Instant cast.

Changes to Abilities and Mechanics

In addition to the new abilities listed above, we intend to make changes to some of the other abilities and mechanics with which you're already familiar. This list and the summary of talent changes below it are by no means comprehensive, but they should give you a good sense of our goals for each spec.

All heal-over-time spells (HoTs) will benefit from crit and haste innately in Cataclysm. Hasted HoTs do not reduce their duration, but instead add additional HoT ticks. Haste will also benefit Energy generation while in cat form.
Unlike the other healers, Restoration druids will not be receiving any new spells. They have plenty to work with already, and our challenge instead is to make sure all of them have a well-defined niche. A druid should be able to tank-heal with stacks of Lifebloom, spot-heal a group with Nourish and Regrowth, and top off lightly wounded targets with Rejuvenation.
We want to add tools to cat form and depth to bear form. If a Feral cat is going to fill a very similar niche to that of a rogue, warrior or Enhancement shaman, it needs a few more tools -- primarily a reliable interrupt. Bears need to be pushing a few more buttons just so the contrast between tanking and damage-dealing is not so steep.
Barkskin will be innately undispellable.
We will be buffing the damage of Mangle (cat) significantly so that when cat druids cannot Shred, they are not at such a damage-dealing loss.
Druids will lose Abolish Poison with the dispel mechanics change, but Restoration druids will gain Dispel Magic (on friendly targets) as a talent. All druids can still remove poisons with Cure Poison and remove curses with Remove Curse.

New Talents and Talent Changes

Tree of Life is changing from a passive talent to a cooldown-based talent, similar to Metamorphosis. Mechanically, it feels unfair for a druid to have to give up so much offense and utility in order to be just as good at healing as the other classes who are not asked to make that trade. We are exploring the exact benefit the druid gets from Tree of Life. It could strictly be better healing, or it could be that each heal behaves slightly different. You also will not be able to be banished in Tree of Life form (this will probably be true of Metamorphosis as well). Additionally, we would like to update the Tree of Life model so that it feels more exciting when you do decide to go into that form. Our feeling is that druids rarely actually get to show off their armor, so it would be nice to have at least one spec that looked like a night elf or tauren (and soon troll or worgen) for most of the time.
We want to make the Feral cat damage rotation slightly more forgiving. We do not want to remove what druids like about their gameplay, but we do want to make it less punishing to miss, say, a Savage Roar or Rake. The changes here will be on par with increasing the duration of Mangle like we did for patch 3.3.3.
Balance druids will have a new talent ability called Nature's Torrent, which strikes for either Nature or Arcane damage depending on which will do the most damage (or possibly both), and moves the Eclipse meter more (details below). The improved version of Nature's Torrent also reduces the target's movement speed. 10-second cooldown.
Restoration druids will have a new talent called Efflorescence, which causes a bed of healing flora to sprout beneath targets that are critically healed by Regrowth.
We plan on giving Feral cats and bears a Kick/Pummel equivalent -- an interrupt that is off the global cooldown and does no damage. We feel like they need this utility to be able to fill the melee role in a dungeon or raid group, and to give them more PvP utility.
We want to make sure Feral and Balance druids feel like good options for an Arena team. They need the tools to where you might consider a Feral druid over an Arms warrior, or a Balance druid over a mage or warlock. Remember that the PvP landscape will probably look pretty different for Cataclysm with a focus on rated, competitive Battlegrounds.

Mastery Passive Talent Tree Bonuses

Balance
Spell Damage
Spell Haste
Eclipse

Feral (Cat)
Melee Damage
Melee Critical Damage
Bleed Damage

Feral (Bear)
Damage Reduction
Vengeance
Savage Defense

Restoration
Healing
Meditation
HoT Scale Healing

Eclipse: We are moving Eclipse from a talent into a core mechanic of the class and making it less random. Balance druids will have a new UI element that shows a sun and a moon. Whenever they cast an Arcane spell, it will move the UI closer to the sun, and buff their Nature damage. Whenever they cast a Nature spell, it will move the UI closer to the moon, and buff their Arcane damage. The gameplay intention is to alternate Arcane and Nature spells (largely Starfire and Wrath) to maintain the balance.

Bleed Damage and Savage Defense: Feral druids will receive two sets of passive bonuses depending on whether the druid is in cat or bear form. Bleed Damage will be improved for cats. Savage Defense is the current bear mechanic for converting crits into damage absorption and will be improved for bears.

HoT Scale Healing: HoTs will do increased healing on more wounded targets. The mechanic is similar to that of the Restoration shaman, but with HoTs instead of direct heals. In Cataclysm, we anticipate druids using a greater variety of their spells so there is a distinction between healing and HoT healing.

Vengeance: This is a mechanic to ensure that tank damage (and therefore threat) doesn't fall behind as damage-dealing classes improve their gear during the course of the expansion. All tanking specs will have Vengeance as their second talent tree passive bonus. Whenever a tank gets hit, Vengeance will give them a stacking attack power buff equal to 5% of the damage done, up to a maximum of 10% of the character's unbuffed health. For boss encounters we expect that tanks will always have the attack power bonus equal to 10% of their health. The 5% and 10% bonuses assume 51 talent points have been put into the Feral tree and the druid is in bear form -- these values will be smaller at lower levels. Remember, you only get this bonus if you have spent the most talent points in the Feral tree and are in bear form, so you won't see Balance, Restoration, or Feral druids in cat form running around with it. Vengeance will let us continue to make tank gear more or less the way we do today -- there will be some damage-dealing stats, but mostly survival-oriented stats. Druids typically have more damage-dealing stats even on their tanking gear, so the Vengeance benefit may be smaller, but overall the goal is that all four tanks do about the same damage when tanking.

We hope you enjoyed this preview, and ask that you provide your initial thoughts and feedback on what was presented here. Please keep in mind, what you've just reviewed is a work in progress and as we move closer to the Cataclysm beta, you'll see these changes as well as others continue to develop in response to testing and feedback.

I like the eclipse change a lot, the Tree of Life change will be weird, making it a cooldown instead of permanent....hmmm.....

Moonkin get a snare:)

Shouta

Man, Hunter preview sounds kind of terrible. Looks like I won't be able to unload an entire shot rotation on Marksman now like I can now. Just no way I can go through 5-6 shots in a short period with those current costs.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Has there been any indication that you will be able to level a DK from level 1 in cataclysm?

I wouldn't mind doing that since they are redoing the old world.

arhra

evlcookie said:
Has there been any indication that you will be able to level a DK from level 1 in cataclysm?

I wouldn't mind doing that since they are redoing the old world.
They'll always start at 55 with their unique starting zone, etc.

That's kinda the whole point of them being a "Hero Class".

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
arhra said:
They'll always start at 55 with their unique starting zone, etc.

That's kinda the whole point of them being a "Hero Class".

Yea i figured that. But it still would be nice if you could start at level 1, at least an option of it anyway.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
evlcookie said:
Yea i figured that. But it still would be nice if you could start at level 1, at least an option of it anyway.

The whole story of it is that you were a high level badass, but now you're a death knight you know how to at least swing a sword and cast a spell.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Trust me. If Consecration did healing, I would shit myself so hard. I think everyone who has ever healed as a paladin has wished for it.
What I think would be cool is if they actually put a mild Consecration heal in the prot tree. It'd be sort of a supplement or replacement for using JoL. And since you'll usually be near the melee dps they'll all benefit.

Mage Preview - http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24262357286&sid=1

New Mage Spells

Flame Orb (available at level 81): Inspired by Prince Taldaram’s abilities in Ahn'kahet and Icecrown Citadel, this spell allows the mage to cast a flaming orb that travels in front in a straight line, sending beams that cause fire damage to passing targets. Once it’s cast, the mage is free to begin casting other spells as the Flame Orb travels. While the spell will be useful to any spec, Fire mages will have talents that improve it, possibly causing the Flame Orb to explode when it reaches its destination.

Time Warp (level 83): Grants a passive Haste effect much like Bloodlust or Heroism to party or raid members. It also temporarily increases the mage's own movement speed. Time Warp will be exclusive with Bloodlust and Heroism, meaning you can’t benefit from both if you’ve got the Exhaustion debuff, though the movement-speed increase will still work even when under the effects of Exhaustion.

Wall of Fog (level 85): Creates a line of frost in front of the mage, 30 yards from end to end. Enemies who cross the line are snared and take damage. The mana cost will be designed to make Wall of Fog efficient against groups, not individuals. This spell is intended to give mages a way to help control the battlefield, whether the mage is damaging incoming enemies (Blizzard can be channeled on top of Wall of Fog) or protecting a flag in a Battleground. 10-second duration. 30-second cooldown.

Changes to Abilities and Mechanics

In addition to introducing new spells, we're planning to make changes to some of the other abilities and mechanics you're familiar with. This list and the summary of talent changes below it are by no means comprehensive, but they should give you a good sense of what we intend for each spec.

* Arcane Missiles is being redesigned to become a proc-based spell. Whenever the mage does damage with any spell, there is a chance for Arcane Missiles to become available, similar to how the warrior’s Overpower works. The damage and mana cost of this spell will be reworked to make it very desirable to use when available. This change should make gameplay more dynamic for the mage, particularly at low levels.

* We are planning to remove spells that don't have a clear purpose. Amplify Magic, Dampen Magic, Fire Ward, and Frost Ward are being removed from the game, and we may remove more.

* The ability to conjure food and water will not become available until higher levels (likely around level 40), as we're making changes to ensure mages generally won’t run out of mana at lower levels. Once mages learn how to conjure food and water, the conjured item will restore both health and mana.

* Scorch will provide a damage bonus to the mage's fire spells. Our goal is for Scorch to be part of the mage's rotation and a useful damage-dealing ability, even if someone else is supplying the group with the spell Critical Strike debuff. Scorch will provide the mage with more specific benefits, which can also be improved through talents.

New Talents and Talent Changes

* Arcane Focus will now return mana for each spell that fails to hit your target, including Arcane Missiles that fail to launch. We want Arcane mages to have several talents that play off of how much mana the character has and give the player enough tools to manage mana.

* The talent Playing with Fire will reduce the cooldown of Blast Wave when hit by a melee attack, instead of its current effect.

* Pyromaniac will grant Haste when three or more targets are getting damaged by the effects of your damage-over-time (DoT) fire spells.

* The Burnout talent will allow mages to cast spells using health when they run out of mana.

Mastery Passive Talent Tree Bonuses

Arcane
Spell damage
Spell Haste
Mana Adept

Fire
Spell damage
Spell Crit
Ignite

Frost
Spell damage
Spell Crit damage
Deathfrost

Mana Adept: Arcane will deal damage based how much mana the mage has. For example, Arcane mages will do much more damage at 100% mana than at 50% mana. If they begin to get low on mana, they will likely want to use an ability or mechanic to bring their mana up to increase their damage.

Ignite: All direct-damage fire spells will add a damage-over-time (DoT) component when cast. The flavor will be similar to how Fireball works; however, the DoT component will be much stronger.

Deathfrost: Casting Frostbolt places a buff on the mage that increases the damage for all frost, fire, and arcane spells. The only damage spell that won't be affected by this buff is Frostbolt.

We hope you enjoyed this preview, and we’re looking forward to hearing your initial thoughts and feedback on these additions and changes. Please keep in mind that this information represents a work in progress and is subject to change as development on Cataclysm continues.

notworksafe

Haha! Mages get Heroism! The rest is alright I suppose. Wall of Fog seems to push Frost even further into being the PVP spec.

Making Arcane Missles a proc ought to make rotations a little more interesting. At least it'll give mages a new button to push.

We are planning to remove spells that don't have a clear purpose. Amplify Magic, Dampen Magic, Fire Ward, and Frost Ward are being removed from the game, and we may remove more.
Does anyone not understand these spells or how they work? Seems stupid to remove them.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Oni Link 666 said:
Time Warp (level 83): Grants a passive Haste effect much like Bloodlust or Heroism to party or raid members. It also temporarily increases the mage's own movement speed. Time Warp will be exclusive with Bloodlust and Heroism, meaning you can’t benefit from both if you’ve got the Exhaustion debuff, though the movement-speed increase will still work even when under the effects of Exhaustion.
Megaton. Although I don't get the point of the increased movement speed. Once I decide to pop all my cooldowns, the last thing I want to do is run around and interrupt casting.

Mana Adept: Arcane will deal damage based how much mana the mage has. For example, Arcane mages will do much more damage at 100% mana than at 50% mana. If they begin to get low on mana, they will likely want to use an ability or mechanic to bring their mana up to increase their damage.
So since it's based on the percentage of mana you have remaining, does that make INT a ridiculously good DPS stat for Arcane?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
IS THIS THE END FOR SHAMAN RAIDERS???

Glad to see another class finally get a Bloodlust/Heroism ability.

Like the Druid changes, Eclipse change sounds so much better. Overjoyed that they didn't add any more spells to the Resto tree, we really do not need it.

As for the Tree of Life changes, guess we won't know how it happens properly till it happens. Hopefully with Troll and Worgen Druids, it'll make Blizzard do an overhaul of the other forms that are lacking the new and improved look of Cat & Bear.

arhra

sykoex said:
Megaton. Although I don't get the point of the increased movement speed. Once I decide to pop all my cooldowns, the last thing I want to do is run around and interrupt casting.
Makes any movement your DO get forced into during a burn phase less punishing.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
speedpop said:
Like the Druid changes, Eclipse change sounds so much better. Overjoyed that they didn't add any more spells to the Resto tree, we really do not need it.
I see a lot of this sentiment from Blizz when they talk about the expansion, but I wonder if they're against replacing old spells with new spells that serve the same purpose but with cool new functionality. For instance how Paladins go from using Seal of Righteousness at low levels to Seal of Vengeance. Surprised we haven't seen more of that in these class previews.

mclem

notworksafe said:
Does anyone not understand these spells or how they work? Seems stupid to remove them.

I suspect the issue with Amp/Damp magic, at least, is that logically you always want one of them on your entire raid; if there's too much magic damage going around to use Amplify, then you want Dampen; it's technically never 'right' to go for the middle ground of having neither.

At least, as I understand it.

Kletian

Wow, all those mage and druid changes make me feel more like Blizzard really made it a point to give fuckall to the Rogues.

This is why Rogues aren't popular anymore Blizzard, you don't give us anything worth using.

mclem

Ferrio said:
Wow Rogues got a *great* preview. That's the kind of stuff I was hoping for warrior... such a shame.

Kletian said:
Wow, all those mage and druid changes make me feel more like Blizzard really made it a point to give fuckall to the Rogues.

This is why Rogues aren't popular anymore Blizzard, you don't give us anything worth using.

And thus, balance is achieved.

witness

Well well well just, everyones favorite class :lol , Paladin's to go! Shit will hit the fan next friday. If the changes look awesome it could definitely push me over the edge to resub when Cataclysm comes out. (Been out since feb. of last year)

Tamanon

Banned
sykoex said:

So since it's based on the percentage of mana you have remaining, does that make INT a ridiculously good DPS stat for Arcane?

Int is already going to be the go-to DPS stat for mages, it provides spellpower now.

mclem

Tamanon said:
Int is already going to be the go-to DPS stat for mages, it provides spellpower now.

Except now I'd presume there's some sort of balance ratio where Mastery *can* - in certain high-int situations - be a better DPS stat than int. And if those 'high-int' situations aren't *that* high, we've got some interesting gearing decisions to make, rather than it always being more-int-is-good.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Aaw, why removing Fire & Frost Ward? I liked them in VOA.

Those mage changes sounds nice, too bad i don't see any new Arcane spells. Looks like i'm still going to be stuck with using Arcane Blast 65% of the time, Arcane Missiles 30% and Arcane Barrage 5%. :lol

yacobod

Banned
got 10m kingslayer last night on my warrior, did most of the achievements in there as well, just need to do full house, and heroic putricide & sindragosa for my drake

Rapstah

What's the easiest-to-get Proto-Drake mount? I'm jealous of all those jerks walking around with their bad ass looking mounts in the Dalaran landing zone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
sykoex said:

Just to fuck Shamans and make it technically better than Heroism.

explodet

Late to the party, but...
The druid spell at lvl 85 is... a fucking mushroom?

1UP%20Mushroom%20Icon.jpg

Consider me unimpressed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Aaw, why removing Fire & Frost Ward? I liked them in VOA.

Those mage changes sounds nice, too bad i don't see any new Arcane spells. Looks like i'm still going to be stuck with using Arcane Blast 65% of the time, Arcane Missiles 30% and Arcane Barrage 5%. :lol
Fire for life.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Angry Grimace said:
Just to fuck Shamans and make it technically better than Heroism.
For me the deciding factor will be which spell has the cooler sound. It'll be hard to top the Bloodlust/Heroism sounds.

moojito

sykoex said:
For me the deciding factor will be which spell has the cooler sound. It'll be hard to top the Bloodlust/Heroism sounds.

In before "let's doooo the time warp agaaaaaaaaain" youtube link!

Aye, druid stuff. Now instead of swipe swipe swipe it'll be thrash swipe swipe!

I'm going to crank out a goblin mage when cata launches. Might make it my main, too.

arhra

notworksafe said:
I don't know about that. Shaman got the hookup as far as the class updates have gone. I still think they've got the best one so far.
Everyone else's classes got the best updates. Mine is by far the worst.

Or as the SA WoW forum cataclysm thread puts it: Grass on other side made greener.

i play a paladin and don't even find out what's changing until next week, woo!

notworksafe

arhra said:
Everyone else's classes got the best updates. Mine is by far the worst.

Or as the SA WoW forum cataclysm thread puts it: Grass on other side made greener.

i play a paladin and don't even find out what's changing until next week, woo!
Yeah I play a Paladin as well. I used to main both Priest and Shaman, so I always keep an eye on those as well.

thatbox

Banned
Rapstah said:
What's the easiest-to-get Proto-Drake mount? I'm jealous of all those jerks walking around with their bad ass looking mounts in the Dalaran landing zone.
Blue one is a rare drop from the guy you shoot with harpoons in one of the UP/UK heroics. The Ulduar-10 hardmode one isn't too difficult now depending on your guild, and is 310% speed.

Hmm might have to resub when cata comes, gonna be fun fun, I made the unfortunate choice of making my paladin my main when they were rubbish to play, and when they got buffed everyone and their granny rolled one, the bubble is iconic people complain about it in pvp but it just slows down the inevitable, but yes I hope they change the face roll class into something better even if it means removing the iconic bubble or putting it in the mastery tree and making us choose between utility/damage or defence like bubble

Alex

I'm kind of excited for the Paladin preview. ... Every fuckin' time I start off as Paladin, decide I don't like it then change. And here I am, once again.

I have a hard time picking a class because I have different views on different areas of the game. Like Priest is my favorite, I love Priest aesthetics and their roles in PvE. However, I cannot stand them in PvP, the Mana Burning, and the nuking and all that jazz. Nah, I want to be more defensive or mobile there. Mostly because I'm more into BGs than arenas, I worked hard and got Gladiator during S2 then decided it just wasn't for me. Didn't wanna do it again. So gotta pick something good for rated BGs.

I guess I could play something other than support... But I probably won't, I have alts but I've never done much with them since Vanilla in terms of actual raiding/pvp.

I'm a little amazed they gave Mages Heroism/Bloodlust. If they're mixing it up like that, maybe the hinted Rogue utility ability will be like.... Band of Thieves - Raises Party/Raid stats by 10%!

notworksafe

Alex said:
I'm kind of excited for the Paladin preview. ... Every fuckin' time I start off as Paladin, decide I don't like it then change. And here I am, once again.
I don't blame you for quitting. Paladin has one or two moves (judgement+autoattack) until about level 20 or so. Most boring class to start with ever.

Alex

Oh, well my problem is that I have a maxed one that I usually raise to cap first, get into a set of raid gear, THEN decide I'm sick of it. :lol

I think it's just that Paladin is designed in such a way that the previews and quirks for them always seem more exciting and substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom