• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worried about HALO 2

Hey everyone! Anyone seen the IGN gameplay footage...there is a 10 minute video of Halo 2 multiplayer gameplay. Anyway, I was watching it and at one point, near the middle/end you see one of the MC's blast a Warthog with a rocket launcher and I was shocked and dismayed that the warthog flipped so fast.....the physics didn't seem as realistic/slow, etc as in Halo one (one of the reasons I liked it so much).

Anyway, the game is still going to be AMAZING, no doubt...and maybe the video was slowed down or perhaps it's just because it was a BETA.

Check it out
http://gametrailers.com/vault-h.html

Scroll down to IGN Halo 2 gameplay.

-Dan

Trasher

Framerate on videos suck. Never trust what a video shows. Also, maybe the gravity is different. Chief can jump higher now. This may change the physics on everything else.

GhaleonEB

helljumper7 said:
Hey everyone! Anyone seen the IGN gameplay footage...there is a 10 minute video of Halo 2 multiplayer gameplay. Anyway, I was watching it and at one point, near the middle/end you see one of the MC's blast a Warthog with a rocket launcher and I was shocked and dismayed that the warthog flipped so fast.....the physics didn't seem as realistic/slow, etc as in Halo one (one of the reasons I liked it so much).

Anyway, the game is still going to be AMAZING, no doubt...and maybe the video was slowed down or perhaps it's just because it was a BETA.

Check it out
http://gametrailers.com/vault-h.html

Scroll down to IGN Halo 2 gameplay.

-Dan

Looked normal to me. Ever play Halo?

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
helljumper7 said:

What?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1252386Flaming-Ninjas.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Truelize said:
Wario brought something up that I haven't read about yet. Does Halo2 use ragdoll physics?

I hope so.
Yup

M3wThr33

Banned
Wario64 said:
"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas ... And, the ninjas are all on fire, too."

Perfect.

border

Halo 2 is using the same physics engine as Half Life 2, so HL2 fanboys are gonna have to keep their mouths shut on this one :D

Yusaku

border said:
Halo 2 is using the same physics engine as Half Life 2, so HL2 fanboys are gonna have to keep their mouths shut on this one :D

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. If the developers set the phsyical properties poorly it will look like shit.

GhaleonEB

MightyHedgehog said:
Damn. All this time and I didn't know that. I thought it would be custom job like Halo 1...unless Halo 1 uses Havok and I didn't know that.

Um...it uses a custom physics engine...nothing off the shelf....

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo had awesome ragdoll! But I'm godly, so everytime I killed someone, they always died the same way and landed the same way. Now that's skill.

Top Bottom