• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you trust a really young plumber or repairman to do work on your home?

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
My very first house I hired a young guy (Friend of a Friend) to install a central A/C system in a really old house. They would have to cut holes in the ceiling and run ducting and everything.
I was living on my own before getting married and no one was left home to 'supervise' anything. I got home that night and the house smelled of Marijuana and holes were cut in weird places for vents. A week later they put the unit in the attic and connected half the ducting, Then the guy skipped town. He didn't even want all his money for what work he already performed. I had to find a separate installer for outside a/c unit and finish the electrical. My very first home contract! Yay! Summer a/c.

badblue

sexy breast GIF

1 Star.

She obviously doesn't know anything about plumbing. Do not hire.

Lunarorbit

Plumbing, no way. Even if you go to a trade high school you need years of full time experience to become a journeyman.

Like legally I don't think a 18 year old would be allowed to work on your plumbing alone. I'm not positive about that but I would've call the company to see what was up

Provided none of my stuff was ancient, I would want an ex-apprentice, keen, up to date and not hating his job / life yet.

3 years training for top notch apprenticeship means they could be 19 to 21 turning up at your door.

From all the guys I've had do work over the years the attitude was the most important factor. Never had one who didn't know what they were doing.

A 40yr old can just as easily be a new hire / inexperienced.

Top Bottom