• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW chads, lend me your strength

Cyberpunkd

Didn’t play for 5 years.

Battle.net shows Dragonflight as my account tier, I assume it was added with the new xpac.

Had juiced Warlock and DK tank, the rarest shit you can think of - it’s there.

Want to play healer (queues are not fun, healed as Paladin in TBC), experience the story as filthy Alliance. 100% solo or LFR or fast dungeons.

Best class and race to do it? Can I even get Anathema now? What to do to flex as a Priest?

P.S. Where is the community thread?

Hrk69

Gold Member

Dougie Payne Goat GIF by Travis

Last edited:

Eesha

Neo Member
Stopped playing midway of the Shadowland Fiasco, never felt better, should have done it sooner.

Holammer

Stopped playing WoW back in 2013 when I did a /played and saw I had a full year's worth in-game (8760+ hours). In fact, I quit playing the same day.
Then I detoxed by playing Warframe for 4,553h...

Now I enjoy a more varied gaming diet. Would I try again? If they put it on Steam, I probably would. Had some good times, but it's been a decade now. The culture is no doubt different and the game dumbed-down several times over.

xAWDIRb.jpeg

Mamofish

I've been playing on Turtle WoW on/off for a long time, this is a good place to go if you feel like jumping in every now and then.

Cyberpunkd

Installed the game, looks like they are telling me I can do Dragonflight dungeons exclusively with NPCs, and then later some 10-15 minute adventures in War Within? Might want to try healing as an Evoker, I don’t have high lvl healer and don’t want to DPS or Tank with randoms.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Installed the game, looks like they are telling me I can do Dragonflight dungeons exclusively with NPCs, and then later some 10-15 minute adventures in War Within? Might want to try healing as an Evoker, I don’t have high lvl healer and don’t want to DPS or Tank with randoms.
Dragonflight and War Within have Follower Dungeons mostly with NPC members from Exile's Reach tutorial as your party members. Race IMO doesn't matter. I've only played Casters so I can't help you on what Healer to play. If it still works like it did a year ago at some point you can oneshot old expansion stuff pretty easily when you outscale old enemies at high or max level.

nkarafo

Installed the game, looks like they are telling me I can do Dragonflight dungeons exclusively with NPCs
NPCs?

You can now solo dungeons with NPCs? How does that work?

I stopped playing after Cata.

Wow peaked with WOTLK, sad but true
IMO it peaked with Vanilla's Ahn'Quiraz update.

The 40 man raids and the huge world events during that time was the best era in WoW.

That one 40 man battleground map (forgot how it was called) was also amazing.

World PVP was also still good during then. After Vanilla there was no reason to do big group PVP battles in random areas anymore.

Last edited:

MarV0

Neo Member
NPCs?

Yes you can hire NPCs.

But If you're going to solo why not play far higher quality open world games?

Games such as Elden ring, Monster Hunter World, Horizon, Dragons Dogma etc.

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
NPCs?

In this expansion they added advance A.I NPCs for 5 man dungeons for people that don't want to play with online players. You barely get any drops though, it's mostly for daily or story reasons. In 2 days they will add the same A,I NPC program for Raid.

nkarafo

Yes you can hire NPCs.

Honestly, being able to have NPCs as players in WoW was something i really wanted for a long time. I would like to visit all those elusive raids and dungeons i missed, without having to deal with other people as i banned myself from multiplayer games forever.

I even run my own Cata private server at home where i roam around alone as a GM. If i could have advanced AI NPCs populating the world i would probably play that non stop.

Ulduar was amazing, especially the hard mode, but after that it became too casual and boring. Thats when I stopped.
Ulduar is the peak of MMO raiding. The only reason it's not perfect is because it's overall lore doesn't really tie into the RTS games.

That one 40 man battleground map (forgot how it was called) was also amazing.

World PVP was also still good during then. After Vanilla there was no reason to do big group PVP battles in random areas anymore.
Alterac Valley. That shit was amazing. Those huge clashes with the constant back and forth. Those desperate last minute counters.

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Yes you can hire NPCs.

Games such as Elden ring, Monster Hunter World, Horizon, Dragons Dogma etc.
For me it's because I love the Warcraft lore ever since WC3 and I don't like any of those listed games there. But I do play other solo open world games like my modded Fallout and Elder Scrolls games from time to time. Also GTA V Online free roam here and there.

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Honestly, being able to have NPCs as players in WoW was something i really wanted for a long time. I would like to visit all those elusive raids and dungeons i missed, without having to deal with other people as i banned myself from multiplayer games forever.

I even run my own Cata private server at home where i roam around alone as a GM. If i could have advanced AI NPCs populating the world i would probably play that non stop.
The War Within is the best expansion to jump back into then since it now has what you want and it's know as one of the better expansion in a long time. It's also the first in the World Soul Saga so it'll be better if you experience it from start to finish. Chris Metzen is also back and he's the main guy for this world soul saga.

PanzerCute

Ulduar is the peak of MMO raiding. The only reason it's not perfect is because it's overall lore doesn't really tie into the RTS games.
Yep. I was in one of the top guild WW at the time and beating all the hard modes was someting I will never forget. The stratégies, the beautiful boss encounters, the art direction etc...

That really was peak HL PVE imo.

Last edited:
War Within is basically Dragonflight 2. Lots of things are returning. The new gliding style of flight, renown, etc.

Some of the new locales are breathtaking. Hallowfall and its faction (avoiding spoilers) are chef's kiss designwise. The rest of the areas are basically Deepholm 2.0. Lots of caves, caverns, grottos, digs, depths and holes. If you don't like it they get pretty tiresome. I like dwarves though.

Follower dungeons work better than they have any right to. Delves look like they will get old reeeal soon. Dungeons are OK. I've heard class balance is pretty decent atm, so play what you feel like playing and you will likely not miss. If you plan on playing solo better use something with tank or healer capabilities as it makes delves easier.

The story is OK too, a bit rushed and cliche filled but you don't play Wow for the plot. I don't like Dark(er) Alleria as an antagonist, she gives me Disney vibes. Also there's quite a bit of "oh no our male leader is too evil/corrupted/dead, time to girlboss!". If this sort of stuff irks you (it irks me) be warned

Pejo

The zeitgeist around WoW Classic official server was fun when it first released. IMO you missed that opportunity to jump back in and play it for a month or two until they started ruining it again in all new ways.

Mr1999

I know its early but this is turning out to be the best expansion they've ever released IMO, everything looks amazing, traveling is enjoyable, Ive been flying through hallow fall/ringing deeps/azj-kahet back and forth lol. I have 4 tracks so far that I find memorable and more to discover, broke a record held by Battle for Azeroth for my most favorite tracks in a wow expansion, and I have not even heard all the tracks yet for TWW. A lot of people dislike delves but I like them so far, something to do. I'm always trying to gear up as fast as possible with expansions but I strangely don't want to do that for this expansion which is a very good sign. Been playing since 2004 and if I had to rank them now it would go something like this.

The War Within (2024)
Wrath of the Lich King (2008)
The Burning Crusade (2007)
Mists of Pandaria (2012)
Battle for Azeroth (2018)
Legion (2016)
Shadowlands (2020)
Dragonflight (2022)
Cataclysm (2010)
Warlords of Draenor (2014)

It just came out and I can just tell having played for 20 years now that this expansion is very special and believe me im not one to get sucked into believing in blizzard hype, the proof speaks for itself, at least for me. I'm going to miss this place when they eventually decide to move on and it barely just came out. I play a shadowpriest and a rogue, rogues is on the back burner like last expansion although i did level her to 70 but shadowpriest is my main.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

The new xpac honestly has great features, running dungeons with npcs, sharing rep and stuff with all your alts, I wish this shit was in the game years ago cause that's right up my alley. It's tempting, but my PC is too old and I'm just not motivated to play PC games anymore, hell the last game I played on it was Shadowlands for about three months when it released.

Been clean and sober since about '16 and goddamnit they're getting close to pulling me back. NPC dungeons are fantastic in FFXIV so it's great they brought them back. Seeing WoW run on a steam deck is also making it that more tempting.

Top Bottom