• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

wow Finding Dory was awful, really disappointed in Pixar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the movie this weekend and thought it was great. They went for a more "cartoony" style than Finding Nemo, with the whole driving the truck and other stuff like that, but then again this is a movie about talking fish. I found the new cast of characters to be a great addition to the franchise.

Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's best films - change that, it is one of the best movies ever made. Because of that I'm not going to fault the studio for not knocking it out of the park every time. The last amazing movie Pixar made is Inside Out in my opinion, but Finding Dory is a great film.

CrisKre

Agreed. It was specially specially bad for me since I had just watched Moana, which was AMAZING. turned it off half way. Dory was just annoying.

7Th

In this Corner of the World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zootopia > Your Name > Kubo > Moana > The Red Turtle > Finding Dory

opricnik

Banned
It was god awful. Had to watch at cinema thought it would be good movie to watch with my mom.Wish we went Zootopia early month which was superior movie

Finding Dory was average.
There's a pretty high standard for animated movies now. I though Dory was hitting the kid demographic hard and those types of targets are not going to get high ratings anymore. There is so much quality animation now that can be considered all-ages.
The bar is set really high now. That's a good thing.
I think the amount of American animated movies that are must watches has just increased by 2-3 or so. There's still loads of hot garbage and you see it when you watch the trailers for these films.

I find it weird that people talk about how it was a stale entry in the franchise, when it touches upon a lot of special needs stuff - and also doesn't just retread with the animals, using a ton of new species. As far as characters go, the movie only brings back the main three, with certain characters returning for very brief cameos. And Hank? Hank is one of the best Pixar characters ever.

messiaen

I think it's Pixar's best movie to date. Ellen gave a fucking incredible performance. The writing was that perfect mix of comedy and story that we've come to expect from Pixar when their at their best. I did enjoy Zootopia equally, but I would be hard pressed to put it over Finding Dory.

It's perplexing to me that people are putting a melodramatic soap opera cartoon over it... I guess your mileage will vary.

ZoddGutts

Watched it with my niece when I was at my sis's place awhile back. Movie felt so sequel straight to video that Disney used to do back in the late 90's. While it looked great (CGI) the movie itself was barely watchable for how forgettable it was. I put it right up there with the Good Dinosaur movie that Pixar made, another movie that I had to forced myself to finish.

I never liked Finding Nemo. I thought the characters were annoying, especially Marlin, so him being the protagonist was obviously a problem. I thought the overall message was really basic as well.

Surprisingly I really liked Finding Dory. I enjoyed the whale shark and the beluga and obviously the octopus. Dory was a little grating but I thought they actually balanced her with the other characters pretty well. While the message seemed the same as the first to me I thought they managed to tell the story in a more impactful way this time around. Even choked up a bit at certain parts and I don't usually get emotionally invested in movies like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom