• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow! New Splinter Cell: Choas Theory Screens!

olimario

Banned
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

olimario

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
two Splinter Cell games in one year and no Beyond good & evil sequel? Damn you ubisoft.

can't wait :)

BG&E is unpolished crap. The less terrible zelda rip-offs the better.

I hear they're trying to make the gameplay more dynamic this time around.

Can anyone tell me if the collision detection from the original SC was fixed in Pandora Tomorrow?

olimario

Banned
Then you like terrible button mashing combat, wonky stealth sections, lame puzzles, and a character who controls like a feather. Not to mention the load time breaks between every little section in the game. ugh.

Beautiful game with good music, though.

NOTE: I'm such a whore for proper character weight, physics, and momentum. Thanks a lot, Nintendo. Mario and Link are so perfect, and Jak and Jade just suck.

olimario said:
BG&E is unpolished crap. The less terrible zelda rip-offs the better.

At least BG&E had a story that wasn't "OMG GANNON'S BACK BETTER STOP HIM AGAIN!"

I loved Wind Waker. Just because BG&E isn't Zelda doesn't mean it's bad. You can be so blind sometimes.

olimario

Banned
StrikerObi said:
At least BG&E had a story that wasn't "OMG GANNON'S BACK BETTER STOP HIM AGAIN!"

I loved Wind Waker. Just because BG&E isn't Zelda doesn't mean it's bad. You can be so blind sometimes.

Blind? Fuck you, I played through BG&E. Story means shit to me if the gameplay is terribly unpolished and unfun like it was in BG&E. If you're going to clone Zelda go beyond the concept and into the gameplay mechanics.

SFA failed as did BG&E.

thorns

Banned
SC rocks! I think this is developed by the same studio that did SC1? So they've had plenty of time to develop it properly..

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Woah... I missed the BG&E SuCkS NOW! memo.

Last I heard it was 'great' like Frosted Flakes. I have the GC version and enjoyed what 've played thus far.

Jan

The Gameplay in Zelda was perfectly polished to be boring .

Does anyone enjoyed the searching of the triforce ?

And besides this , Jade is a suberb desingned character . Link is a lame one . He ´s just retard .

DSN2K

from what I played if you liked the last one your going to love this, they have added some pretty cool moves and the graphics are stunning. I watched someone play the game from Ubi and the AI was most impressive.

Razoric

Banned
BG&E doesnt suck... dont listen to 60 hour Kirby boy.

As for Splinter Cell 3, it looks awesome but doesnt anyone else think this should be delayed? Whos idea was it to release another this soon? Why not hold it back and do some major polishing on it?

It has to face Halo 2, MGS 3, etc this fall and one JUST CAME OUT.

Ramirez

Why not hold it back and do some major polishing on it?

They started developing it at the same time as PT,so its probably already went through some major polishing :p I say bring it on :D

Razoric

Banned
Ramirez said:
They started developing it at the same time as PT,so its probably already went through some major polishing :p I say bring it on :D

They could always tweak the AI more, boost more graphic power, add more online modes, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Splinter Cell but this is a bit much. I probably wont be buying it this fall. Ive already played one SC game this year, need to devote time to other titles.

Chipopo

Banned
It really has been interesting watching you evolve Oli. I'm looking forward to when you journey beyond 'false pretension' and find the land of milk and honey known as 'earnest opinion'. Hopefully you'll realize soon enough that sensationalized views can only be pulled off by the truly elite; the Drinky's and Drohne's.

Right now I picture someone who's just recently found the "on" button to his megaphone and just loves yelling in to the damn thing without a moments thought. Okay man, we understand you play more then NINTENDO games now.

"I PLAYED SKIES OF ARCADIA I PLAYED BG&E RWARG MY OPINIONS ARE VALIDATED BY MY ECLECTIC LIBRARY *BRAIN DEATH*"

Tone it down. This also happily cooincided with your loss of weight. I understand your ego can go up a few notches because that's a serious accomplishment, but christ.

Wow this game looks fucking sweet! Can't wait.

DSN2K

cut the Zelda/BG&E crap people :p

one thing I have not decided if I should get the PC or xbox version yet.... Graphics are whats pulling me and I have the machine to make it look better then the xbox one.

controls were not half bad either for PT on PC either.

jedimike

Collision detection was improved in PT. Set down a body and it doesn't go through a wall.

I'm another one that can't wait for SC3.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've seen Beyond Good and Evil for $15 at Best Buy and was wondering whether or not it was even worth the purchase, since I have very little time to play games I want to, and I've heard questionable things about it. I've heard that it was a game with promise, but a lot of flaws, I've heard that it was hardly worth $50 but worth $15, and I've also heard it totally sucked... But no overly glowing reviews of the game. Am I hearing correct?

jedimike said:
Collision detection was improved in PT. Set down a body and it doesn't go through a wall.
Hmm. I just played SC1 again and was too annoyed by the fact that Sam's such a poor shot in it. You can line up a headshot with a pistol, but 9 out of 10 times it's not going to do anything. The game was just seriously wonky, from the collision detection, to the hinged doors closing in your face when you're carrying a corpse it's just too frustrating to play. I loved it when it came out, but I think I'm coming to my senses. I'm still leery about picking up PT.

epmode

Gek54 said:
The Glowing goggles and backlight still piss me off. Makes no sense at all.
i can't tell if you're serious.

it's so you can actually see your character. makes perfect sense and looks pretty stylish.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I can't beleive people are complaining about the glowing goggles, I thought everyone figured it out by now? Well it wouldn't hurt the developers to place an option to disable it, for the minimal amount of programming I'm sure it'd please atleast a few people.

SC3 looks utterly amazing for the Xbox, I can't wait for this game. It's being done by the same original team right?

Gek54

epmode said:
i can't tell if you're serious.

it's so you can actually see your character. makes perfect sense and looks pretty stylish.

Stylish? Exactly what soldier wants to be when sneaking, noticed. He looks more like he should be at a rave than anything else. It just takes you out of the game.

BuG

olimario said:
Those first two screens look like they could be of co-op to me. In the first one you can see another character in the very back of the room squatting like Sam does when he's looking at his wrist-thing, while using sticky cams, or maybe he's holding his gun. Perhaps the second one is from the second player's view looking through a sticky cam or something, which might explain the night-vision.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this game. I like the inclusion of a sound-o-meter too, which was one thing I thought was lacking in both of the previous installments.

thorns

Banned
:lol @glowing goggles whiners

since the first game came out the designers have stated in interviews that they're for the players and the AI doesn't see them. How the hell are you going to control your character if you can't see where it is?

demi

djtiesto said:
I've seen Beyond Good and Evil for $15 at Best Buy and was wondering whether or not it was even worth the purchase, since I have very little time to play games I want to, and I've heard questionable things about it. I've heard that it was a game with promise, but a lot of flaws, I've heard that it was hardly worth $50 but worth $15, and I've also heard it totally sucked... But no overly glowing reviews of the game. Am I hearing correct?

It's a very short game, easily completed in no time. There aren't many sidequests to worry about, as the game is very straight-forward. I'd say it is easily worth the $15, check it out. Plus Pey'j is pretty sexy. Really.

On-topic: ONLINE CO-OP AM I RITE? SOLD (i liek the co-op gametype x 555)

Broshnat

Banned
Can somebody explain the Tom Clancy games to me, there are too many...

Is Splinter Cell developed by a totally different team to the Rainbow 6 games?

And what about Ghost Recon- where does that fit in?

.. okay. why are you guys going wow? The screens look ordinary and the SC series is getting old real fast (not that that is any factor on visual quality). And damn, those character models are mehish; if you want wow, go look up the battlestar galactica character models.

Top Bottom