• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW Open Beta

It's not a joke, I logged into wow.com and got it. Under the big label "Final Stress Test Download Links".

Edi: Err, if that points to the same torrent it's not a joke. I've got no idea what that link is.

Slo

But aren't people who already have accounts already to download the client?

Edit: ok, I'll take your word for it. I wish I had VNC setup on my home PC so I could start this bitch!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I was able to access the signup page about 20 minutes ago, and there isn't anything there yet. Chances are really really good we'll be able to sign up today, but still not definite.

I'm expecting the patch notes and ST announcement any minute. :eek: *refreshrefreshrefresh*

Bristow

Banned
Look, someone pulled it from the official blizzard torrent and slapped it up on an 'unofficial' torrent so those of us that aren't in the closed beta can start getting the client.

It could be awhile before the signups are actually working and you know how many people are gonna be hitting that thing at once. Why not go ahead and get the client early so you can actually play it today?

akascream

Banned
I was able to access the signup page about 20 minutes ago, and there isn't anything there yet. Chances are really really good we'll be able to sign up today, but still not definite.

I'm expected the patch notes and ST announcement any minute. :eek: *refreshrefreshrefresh*

I'm confused. I thought the ST was supposed to be done by now so that Open Beta can start today. Will the Stress Test only be a couple hours long?

Koshiro

Look stop starting topics with such vague titles until signups on an ACTUAL open beta start, stop leading people on. Stress test != open beta.

MrparisSM

Banned
Bristow said:
Look, someone pulled it from the official blizzard torrent and slapped it up on an 'unofficial' torrent so those of us that aren't in the closed beta can start getting the client.

It could be awhile before the signups are actually working and you know how many people are gonna be hitting that thing at once. Why not go ahead and get the client early so you can actually play it today?

That torrent gives a "bad data" error...

Bristow

Banned
Koshiro said:
Look stop starting topics with such vague titles until signups an an ACTUAL open beta start, stop leading people on. Stress test != open beta.

Stress test/Open beta...same thing. Everyone is going to get a chance to play, so why is this thread so misleading?

I guess the mods will have to decide whether to lock it or not....

WARCRAFFF.jpg

Bah, too slow.

MrCheez

akascream said:
I'm confused. I thought the ST was supposed to be done by now so that Open Beta can start today. Will the Stress Test only be a couple hours long?

They announced a new stress test last week, and made it sound like it would start today.

However, it seems possible that either the OB will run at the same time as the closed beta Stress Test, or that this new Stress Test will include people other than CB testers. When the mods on the official boards were asked for clarification on this new ST, they said "We can't say anything". Makes it sound to me like there is something else to it...

We'll know soon enough. :)

You're all confusing me.

I was not in Closed Beta, I did get in the stress test. Now, can I d/l the client right now even though I do not have an active account setup yet?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Koshiro said:
Look stop starting topics with such vague titles until signups on an ACTUAL open beta start, stop leading people on. Stress test != open beta.

Why not?

Bristow

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
You're all confusing me.

I was not in Closed Beta, I did get in the stress test. Now, can I d/l the client right now even though I do not have an active account setup yet?

Yes, if you use the torrent link in the first post.

MrCheez

Right now only closed beta people can download the client from the actual site, because they are the only ones with working accounts. (edit: But you can also get around this by downloading from the torrent in this thread or a few other ones floating around.)

The official site should be updating any minute now. With that update the account signup page might start working... But no one knows for sure yet.

MrCheez said:
Right now only closed beta people can download the client from the actual site, because they are the only ones with working accounts.

The official site should be updating any minute now. With that update the account signup page might start working and then we can all download it (Unless you guys are already using player-created torrents). But no one knows for sure yet.

I'm not in closed beta and I'm 45% done with the D/L.

MrCheez

You downloaded it from the official site? Didn't it ask for your account name and pw? Or did you use the torrent posted in this thread?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
MrCheez said:
You downloaded it from the official site? Didn't it ask for your account name and pw? Or did you use a torrent someone made?

Read all the posts.

MrCheez

commish said:
Read all the posts.

I did, I thought he was arguing my post where I was trying to say you cannot download from the official site unless you are a CB tester. Guess I worded my posts funny... Sorry, I just woke up. >_<

Anyway... only 60kb/s for me :(

Bristow

Banned
Btw, those downloading from the link I provided are downloading from the same source as the official Blizzard torrent. You're just using a 3rd party client to do so.

MrCheez

C'mon Blizz, where's that update! :eek:

shouta said:
How long is Open Beta anyhoo? I need a change of pace even if I don't like the game that much.

No one knows for sure yet, but there is a very good chance it will be 2-3 weeks, with the game actually releasing on either Nov 15th or Nov 22nd.

Top Bottom