• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

Can't play it in a small window (Or a low res fullscreen might be better) and detail on low? The game is rather CPU hungry so if you have an old/bad CPU nothing will work sadly =/

Yeah, I think that's the case.

Low res, small window.. still bogs down when there's more than two enemies on screen. I need to stop putting it off and get a better PC, hah.

Hoo boy, this expansion is delicious.

Yes, I'm late. After (finally) getting Golden God last week (without getting The Shears, holla) I finally installed it.

I've beaten
Isaac (is this even a spoiler now?)
with Isaac, Maggy, Eve, Judas and ??? (more on that soon) so far but have only died about ten times since installing it. I wonder if Platinum God is obtainable without The Shears! That would be a great feat, although I am at eighty deaths, so I'm closing in.

So yeah, tonight's run. Cain. I found an item on the first floor that changes tears to lobbed bombs. I figured I would die because I was not having luck finding Heart Containers and that thing is hard to control, I was taking lots of hits from my own fire. But then I got Book of Revelations and and couple of items that basically allowed me to trigger a Soul Heart every other room (and I learned how to control my bomb tears, minus any fast chasing enemies). Then a full Meat Boy and three Pretty Flies. At this point I couldn't lose. However, in The Womb I I found an Ankh. Hmm. Could I? Should I? I was scared. But I soldiered on to The Cathedral. Child's Heart and The Pearl as my trinkets, ninty-nine coins and a Crystal Ball; these things helped me summon TEN Soul Hearts on this level (none of which I picked up). So here it was, I did a suicide and came back as ???, backtracked to get my Soul Hearts. And the funny thing? I took ONE hit on the boss. ONE.

My only regret is that not having The Chest unlocked means I still have a gangster run with ??? to deal with eventually.

This is one of my favorite games ever.

Well, another lucky Ankh run had me see ??? through The Chest on my first run as Samson.

But it unlocked Eve's item and Samson's achievement for Chest completion.

:(

UPDATE:

Of course, this is normal, whew.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32615580&postcount=7

Beating the Chest as Isaac unlocks "Isaacs Head" in game and grants you the achievement "Isaacs Head".

Beating the Chest as Magdalene unlocks "Maggys Faith" in game and grants you the achievement "Maggys Faith".

Beating the Chest as Cain unlocks "Cains Eye" in game and grants you the achievement "???s Soul".

Beating the Chest as Judas unlocks "Judas' Tongue" in game and grants you the achievement "Cains Eye".

Beating the Chest as Eve unlocks "???s Soul" in game and grants you the achievement "Judas' Tongue".

Beating the Chest as ??? unlocks "Eves Bird Foot" in game and grants you the achievement "Samsons Lock".

Beating the Chest as Samson unlocks "Samsons Lock" in game and grants you the achievement "Eves Bird Foot".
:)

CassSept

Yeah there are still some bugs, but they can't be fixed sadly. Edmund said that whenever that the file is so big that whenever they try to fix that it completely crashes the rest of the game and it would take forever to fix some of them, that is if it was even possible to do so.

Well, I've got everything but Platinum God; I'm missing eight items.

So I guess I'll just have to D6 abuse for hours and hours. Fun!

Kurtofan

How do you survive in the Womb?The few times I've actually managed to get to it I just get destroyed by the enemies there.

Also the steam achievements don't work for me.

Vlad

Thanks I didn't watch any playthroughs but I seem to have gotten the hang of it, beat Mom's Heart twice already.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that there are no item rooms in The Womb, so if you've got some way to get to the boss rooms faster (compass, The Emperor card, etc), use it. If I end up with an Emperor Card, I'll almost always save it for the last level, so I can just skip straight to the boss without having to slog my way through all the junk in-between.

Also keep in mind that on the levels after beating Mom, you take a full heart of damage per hit instead of just a half.

Kurtofan

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that there are no item rooms in The Womb, so if you've got some way to get to the boss rooms faster (compass, The Emperor card, etc), use it. If I end up with an Emperor Card, I'll almost always save it for the last level, so I can just skip straight to the boss without having to slog my way through all the junk in-between.

Also keep in mind that on the levels after beating Mom, you take a full heart of damage per hit instead of just a half.

Yeah I realized that when I was exploring the Womb.

The last two or three items are always a bitch.
Good luck. My last 2 items are glitched so I probably will never get them :(
Well, now I'm down to five, should be THREE ARGH.

I just had a good D6 run with a battery and had six items in the opening room of The Chest. I had two new items on this run thanks to D6 abuse but as I'm was a few room away from heading to the last boss, the game crashed and it did not count my two new items.

So eff this game in the butt for a little bit. I'll come back to it later.

My other three items seem to be Angel Room items though. Maybe easy to abuse with the Isaac was Good Today challenge?

Toppot

Been getting back into the game over the last couple of days. Done 4 chest runs with Isaac and the D6, now I hate playing without the D6 xD

Top Bottom