• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wukong sales top 18 million. DLC on the Way

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game looks amazing just wish there was an easy option I honestly don’t understand the difficulty.

Saber

Tell us, was Concord supposed to be some Earth-shattering system seller or did be it have “crap” written all over it from the beginning?

Apparently there was some shops with selling stands specific for this game, so yeah I would believe so. Not to mention the amount of time spent creating this game, I mean 8 years to create something to not be a big seller? Hard to believe. Sony thinking this game would be a hit is different from people thinking will be a hit, which was not the case.
We recently had a case where Fairgame were very positive internally, so its not hard to believe people in there are way up their asses about their own projects.

Last edited:

ithilion

Banned
Well this is for me a double edge sword. From one side is good cause of publishers want to tap into chinese market this toning down dei and woke shit. On the bad side this is china. I am center right on politics so fuck the ccp

PanzerCute

Not that bad. The 60fps mode with frame generation only adds 16% of extra lag, as measured by NX Gamer. You can feel it when changing modes, but it's not even close to the laggiest games on console. It looks smooth, rare drops under 60, and reasonably responsive.
On my LG CX the game is fine. I tried it on a 8+ years led tv and it was disgusting tbh haha. So many visual artifacts and lack of VRR made the framerate very painful.

But really on a recent TV it is more than acceptable.

And such an amazing action game!

PeteBull

Gold Member
Well this is for me a double edge sword. From one side is good cause of publishers want to tap into chinese market this toning down dei and woke shit. On the bad side this is china. I am center right on politics so fuck the ccp
As a fellow berserk avatar gafer- if u like the game- buy and play it simply, dont worry even if all the profit from ur single copy of wukong somehow skipped dev team and went directly to ccp, their future will not change :)

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Apparently there was some shops with selling stands specific for this game, so yeah I would believe so, not to mention the amount of time spent creating this game(8 years to create something to not be a big seller? Hard to believe). Sony thinking this game would be a hit is different from people thinking will be a hit, which was not the case.
I doubt Sony expected some major success here and it wasn’t marketed as such, but that’s COMPLETELY irrelevant anyway. Fake did exactly what he set out to do - derail.

To actually smack his original point, Wukong is selling systems. PlayStations. All while Sony is being accused, without proof, of an exclusive money hat. 😉

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Imagine Sony reading this after Concord.
Don't worry, this game has probably single-handedly covered Concord's losses just in the extra PS5 sales and their 30% cut of the revenue in every copy sold.

ironic alanis morissette GIF

Last edited:

Fabieter

Agree. The problem is the time they are spending to figure that out.

Absolutely I think with eight years that I had to have some kind of development issues. I think eight years for what they delivered is redcioulous without some kinda development hell.

Saber

I doubt Sony expected some major success here and it wasn’t marketed as such

Lmao not when you spend 8 years on it, but if calling a derail is your emergency escape then suit yourself.
Sony could have invest more money on games like this instead of GaaS projects.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Game obviously enjoys good sales in the west too. Its a new IP, and they didn't market the shit out of it. Its out for like 2.5 weeks. Its likely has RotW numbers that dwarf many recent attempts by the big names.

Mr.Phoenix

And no Multiplayer. These fucking western pubs should take notice. 4 of the top 5 best-selling games of this gen aren't multiplayer games. Gamers have spoken, and yet these stupid pubs don't listen.

Wonder what the sales split is between PS5 and PC.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Insane stuff. While PS5 gets Wukong and Astro Bot and PC gets Wukong, Xbox gets fucking nothing. The Concord debacle will quickly be forgotten.

Flabagast

Fully deserved. The game is excellent and 100% next gen. In many ways it is exactly what Ragnarok should have been.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Apparently there was some shops with selling stands specific for this game, so yeah I would believe so. Not to mention the amount of time spent creating this game, I mean 8 years to create something to not be a big seller? Hard to believe. Sony thinking this game would be a hit is different from people thinking will be a hit, which was not the case.
We recently had a case where Fairgame were very positive internally, so its not hard to believe people in there are way up their asses about their own projects.

Dont forget Concord have various animated shots too and standalone episode in the upcoming Amazon Prime show

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
"I will say, when I look at a game like Astrobot or Wukong, and it's a great game, kudos to the teams shipping on PC and PlayStation, I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox."
Usual Phil L.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know right. A sale is a sale and some folks trying to make it out like because a Chinese person bought it, it don't count. What kind of shit is that 😂
There were a lot of arguments in the OT about how the game only cost the US equivalent of about $35 in China and therefore their sales didn't count - or didn't count for as much. Kinda horseshit.

demigod

"I will say, when I look at a game like Astrobot or Wukong, and it's a great game, kudos to the teams shipping on PC and PlayStation, I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox."
They haven't congratulated Wukong's success have they? Must be bitter.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Lmao not when you spend 8 years on it, but if calling a derail is your emergency escape then suit yourself.
Sony could have invest more money on games like this instead of GaaS projects.
Emergency escape? Hardly. You’re arguing something as I am - based on a viewpoint. Thread isn’t about Concord. Not a crime to want to keep it relevant.

You have plenty of other places to cry about it if that suits you.

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
Well deserved.

These guys absolutely shit on other developers in the same genre with their first fucking game. I cant wait to see where this studio goes next. They are officially on the map. so much potential to be the next major studio
Thank you, finally someone says it. More devs need to get called out like this when stuff like this happens. The industry needs to be competitive again lol

Like "FROM you gonna let this new dev shit on you from a tech standpoint like this?"

kunonabi

I'm convinced the CCP has 'asked' it's citizens to buy this game. No single player game dark souls clone etc sells this well, this fast regardless of quality.
A Chinese drama reviewer I watch who lives in Canada bought a copy and she's making videos on it and she doesn't even play video games. The story and character is just a huge deal.

Sentenza

If majority of sales were in China it’s not sold at $60 lol.
No game is ever "sold at 60$" in most of the world. And more games of the past that you'd think already had a sizable percentage of their user base in China.
It's something like 37% for Baldur's Gate 3, for example. CDPR games like CYberpunk and Witcher 3 sold very well there, too.

Hudo

I find this game to be incredibly mediocre, but I genuinely wish everyone who likes it a lot of fun.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I find this game to be incredibly mediocre, but I genuinely wish everyone who likes it a lot of fun.
How far have you gottent into? I thought the same until more or less the middle point of chapter 2.

Top Bottom