• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wuthering Waves |OT| - Devil May Impact

Nankatsu

Gold Member

dqEcy5G.png

dqM2Iae.png

dB2GCOv.png

dqtOre2.png

dBfaU7a.png

dBq55jp.png

dBCTkIp.png

dB5Iobt.png

dBnHaLl.png

dBYSkJe.png

dBcw1nI.png

dBcbnNR.png

dBlJdVR.webp
dBlJ9DJ.webp
dBlHyNa.webp

dBlHpAg.webp
dBlJJov.webp
dBlJ2Pp.webp

dBlJFKN.webp
dBlJKlI.webp
dBlJfSt.webp

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's f2p?
Yup. Had it been a stand alone title I’d probably be interested. Feels like it came out of nowhere. Lots of stuff getting recognized that I’ve heard absolutely nothing about. 🤔 looks cool, but I don’t like to play F2P games.

LordOfChaos

The whole intro sequence and character select feels like an exact clone of Genshin lol

Never really liked the floaty combat in that game. Something about this also feels...Early access? Like weird scene cuts that don't feel final. Backburnered for me, maybe I'll try again if I hear it's good and it gets updates.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Really nice OT!

Danjin44 Danjin44 and F2P are like Vampires and Sunlight lol.

(this one has really good gameplay though, can vouch)

Also there's literally a character named Danjin.

zRAzjAn.jpeg
If like Shift UP they decide to make proper SP game then I will gladly play it but I dont do online only F2P games....I just dont.

I'm huge Nier fanboy and yet I didn't buy Nier Reincarnation because I just don't enjoy mobile structure games, it doesn't matter if they release it on consoles or mobile.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
If like Shift UP they decide to make proper SP game then I will gladly play it but I dont do online only F2P games....I just dont.

I'm huge Nier fanboy and yet I didn't buy Nier Reincarnation because I just don't enjoy mobile structure games, it doesn't matter if they release it on consoles or mobile.
Kinda wish I've tried Sinoalice though (Yoko Taro's other F2P game). The music alone is a certified banger, but I didn't expect less from Keiichi Okabe, music composer of Nier Replicant and Nier Automata.

Danjin44

Kinda wish I've tried Sinoalice though (Yoko Taro's other F2P game). The music alone is a certified banger, but I didn't expect less from Keiichi Okabe, music composer of Nier Replicant and Nier Automata.

He makes fantastic music that wasted on fucking mobile game. I love Yoko Taro but I really wish he would have made SINoALICE and NieR Reincarnation as proper games instead mobile gatcha game.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

He makes fantastic music that wasted on fucking mobile game. I love Yoko Taro but I really wish he would have made SINoALICE and NieR Reincarnation as proper games instead mobile gatcha game.
It doesn't matter anyway as both games have reached EoS (end of service). They won't be patched to work offline as single-player experience so ripperoni to all the work that went into them...

Danjin44

It doesn't matter anyway as both games have reached EoS (end of service). They won't be patched to work offline as single-player experience so ripperoni to all the work that went into them...
Thats basically fate of all online only F2P games. ALL THEM have expiration date and when they expired they become more useless than empty tissue box you can't even sell off.

Last edited:

Pejo

Thats basically fate of all online only F2P games. ALL THEM have expiration date and when they expired they become more useless than empty tissue box you can't even sell off.
Not all, some of them make "offline" versions you can download and play through EoS.

ShiftUp did this for their previous game, Destiny Child. You download the "offline" client then enter a code that is tied to the account you used when the game was live, and you have access to the whole story/events/etc with the characters you had.
y9i9pc05olpb1.png

Ultimately though, a few of the mega whales just shared their code with everyone though so you can have everything.

Regardless, nothing in life is eternal. It's better to have a fun few years playing a good game with frequent updates than playing some Warner Brothers DEI corporate slop of an IP that's been put through the shredder. That's the way I look at F2P asian games.

Plus as with Genshin, there's already an offline version where you can spin up your own server and play it at your own pace with all content for free, just usually a patch behind and with some concessions.

I don't want to harp on you too much because I have certain moral/ideological stands that I make against things in gaming, but you're missing out on some genuine good games by just lumping everything into one single "F2P bad" basket.

Danjin44

Ultimately though, a few of the mega whales just shared their code with everyone though so you can have everything.

Regardless, nothing in life is eternal. It's better to have a fun few years playing a good game with frequent updates than playing some Warner Brothers DEI corporate slop of an IP that's been put through the shredder. That's the way I look at F2P asian games.

Plus as with Genshin, there's already an offline version where you can spin up your own server and play it at your own pace with all content for free, just usually a patch behind and with some concessions.

I don't want to harp on you too much because I have certain moral/ideological stands that I make against things in gaming, but you're missing out on some genuine good games by just lumping everything into one single "F2P bad" basket.
To this day I still replay Kid Icarus Uprising time to time on my 3DS which released 14 years ago.

You guys are free to enjoy F2P games but I dont like them, I dont like how they are structured and i dont like its mobile game mechanics and I dont want to deal with those crap.

I'm simple person, just give me games I can enjoy offline like Elden Ring and Armored Core.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm simple person, just give me games I can enjoy offline like Elden Ring and Armored Core.
I get what you're saying but yet you post in nearly every gacha thread talking about how you won't play it. Obviously there are things about the games that have a draw for you, but there's a stubbornness where you won't even try them due to it being "f2p", despite the barrier of entry basically not existing.

Danjin44

I get what you're saying but yet you post in nearly every gacha thread talking about how you won't play it. Obviously there are things about the games that have a draw for you, but there's a stubbornness where you won't even try them due to it being "f2p", despite the barrier of entry basically not existing.
Rather pay full price to get proper game than dealing stupid F2P crap, call me stubborn or whatever.
c4bb9282374739b18445f9fc21ba53f8.gif

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Rather pay full price to get proper game than dealing stupid F2P crap, call me stubborn or whatever.
c4bb9282374739b18445f9fc21ba53f8.gif
They're not stupid F2P crap though. Some of them (especially the hoyoverse ones) are higher quality than full priced $70 games, and they're also designed with console/PC in mind.

For example, in Zenless Zone Zero, they have unique body type and animations for every playable character in the game. They're fully voiced too, and even have specific voice lines depending on your teammates.

Anyway, you're missing out, but since you're adamant on your stance regarding F2P games then it's whatever since I know I won't be changing your mind.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
But you can play the entire game and story without even dealing with F2P stuff and all content is completely free incl. story and other content. I just can't see the problem here.

Last edited:

Danjin44

But you can play the entire game and story without even dealing with F2P stuff and all content is completely free incl. story and other content. I just can't see the problem here.
I have plenty of games that I can play completely offline, if the game has SP content then I should be allowed to play it offline if I want to like Elden Ring.

Again you guys are free to enjoy F2P gatcha games but I will never ever gonna like these type of games, just not my thing.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Question: for anyone playing the game, when you're on the resonator's echo menu, does your Echo model look kind of blurry too?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game might take less time to download than this OT lol.

Just kidding tho, nice work OP!

Pejo

So what teams are you guys using anyways?

I'm pretty much stuck with the anti-synergy but lots of fun team of Havoc Rover/Yinlin/Jianxin.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So what teams are you guys using anyways?

I'm pretty much stuck with the anti-synergy but lots of fun team of Havoc Rover/Yinlin/Jianxin.

Currently using Jiyan / Mortefi / Yinlin.

It's a pretty comfy team to use.

Need to build a Shielder and a Healer eventually, as level 70 content is already kicking my ass.

Pretty stocked to try out Xiangli Yao - should pair nicely with Yinlin, since he is Electro. Dude will be free and looks pretty fun to play.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I have plenty of games that I can play completely offline, if the game has SP content then I should be allowed to play it offline if I want to like Elden Ring.

Again you guys are free to enjoy F2P gatcha games but I will never ever gonna like these type of games, just not my thing.
No worries, it's completely understandable.

If anything, they should make ZZZ playable offline when the time comes. I mean, I can't say for other F2P games, but ZZZ is just like any other SP offline game which can be played completely offline when it comes to story and all available content, cuz it's not related to online in anyway other than in game store and he problem is, it has online features which also allow them to introduce new content etc. It'll be such a waste if the game will be shut down one day and all of this cool SP stuff will be gone forever and it's even better than in many JRPGs which you need to buy for $70 now.

Or at least maybe someone will find a way to make them playable again on the dedicated servers, so people could play them again if they want without any F2P stuff they don't like. Like, I don't give a shit about most F2P games and I've no interest in playing them at all, but ZZZ is not like them, even if there's familiar F2P stuff in it.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Would you watch an anime adaptation of one of these big gacha games instead? For example, Hoyoverse is releasing quality animated shorts every so often (see below), and they're even working on a Genshin Impact anime adaptation produced by Ufotable (release date TBA)

Danjin44

Would you watch an anime adaptation of one of these big gacha games instead? For example, Hoyoverse is releasing quality animated shorts every so often (see below), and they're even working on a Genshin Impact anime adaptation produced by Ufotable (release date TBA)

I might actually give it a watch and one day I hope these devs decide to make offline SP game like Shift Up did.

ShiftUp did this for their previous game, Destiny Child. You download the "offline" client then enter a code that is tied to the account you used when the game was live, and you have access to the whole story/events/etc with the characters you had.
y9i9pc05olpb1.png

I feel such melancholy when I click on the Destiny Child Memorial (insert Wolverine meme). I wish all the features (ragnas, etc) were available offline, I can't tell why this one felt so special but I miss it a lot.

I will give WuWa a try when it releases on PS5, but the mute dual MCs Mihoyo style is an instant turnoff.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Guys lets keep the topic on track.

We're talking way more about gacha in geral than the actual game itself.

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The whole intro sequence and character select feels like an exact clone of Genshin lol

Never really liked the floaty combat in that game. Something about this also feels...Early access? Like weird scene cuts that don't feel final. Backburnered for me, maybe I'll try again if I hear it's good and it gets updates.

The 1.0 story was rushed, because they redid all the scenes before launch. You can see the original cut scenes in peoples beta gameplay on youtube. It gets better in 1.1, especially with the voice acting

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Playstation release in future planned based on China Joy details.

Curious to see how and when they'll sync up console versions with PC / mobile.

I'm not expecting the game to launch on consoles in the next month or two, meaning they'll be quite a couple of patches behind.

They could run different versions, but usually in these types of games all versions are simultaneous up to date.

Also I find it funny that Playstation is backing up the game and showcasing it, considering GachaStation is Mihoyo's turf :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Pejo

Curious to see how and when they'll sync up console versions with PC / mobile.

I'm not expecting the game to launch on consoles in the next month or two, meaning they'll be quite a couple of patches behind.

They could run different versions, but usually in these types of games all versions are simultaneous up to date.

Also I find it funny that Playstation is backing up the game and showcasing it, considering GachaStation is Mihoyo's turf :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I don't think Kuro is big enough to properly handle 2 versions. I'm sure they'll just put them all in the same server with probably some PSN exclusive packs or something to catch up.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I don't think Kuro is big enough to properly handle 2 versions. I'm sure they'll just put them all in the same server with probably some PSN exclusive packs or something to catch up.

I would be fine with them delaying one or two patches, for consoles to catch up.

If they throw in some apology rewards of course.

They are very good at apologizing I'll give them that :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

Pejo

I would be fine with them delaying one or two patches, for consoles to catch up.
Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

Delaying two patches worth of content and killing the game for a nebulous number of Playstation users?

Lol. Lmao even.

While the % of console players in the US might be higher, this is very much a mobile (and PC to a lesser extent) game in the eyes of Asia where most of the high paying playerbase is. That would be videogame seppuku. They certainly would have to have quite a long apology for that kind of move.

Anyways, the game doesn't even have very much/very worthwhile limited time event content anyways, doesn't seem like a big deal to start a new platform off in the current state of the game. Toss them an extra 10x pull or whatever and be done with it, imo.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

Delaying two patches worth of content and killing the game for a nebulous number of Playstation users?

Lol. Lmao even.

While the % of console players in the US might be higher, this is very much a mobile (and PC to a lesser extent) game in the eyes of Asia where most of the high paying playerbase is. That would be videogame seppuku. They certainly would have to have quite a long apology for that kind of move.

Anyways, the game doesn't even have very much/very worthwhile limited time event content anyways, doesn't seem like a big deal to start a new platform off in the current state of the game. Toss them an extra 10x pull or whatever and be done with it, imo.

I'm just making some pretext to get more rewards.

Simple Man Cowboy GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

Man they really copied everything about Genshin trailers, didn't they? Even the "gameplay into signature pose with splash art" bit.

Anyways, she looks good and I'll try to get her, but I feel like they need to cut us a break with how long characters take to build out, OR they shouldn't have rushed our Union level so quickly. I've been playing extremely casually, and just by doing dailies and some events I am up to Union 54. Normally it's not a big deal, but I'm stuck needing like 20+ weekly boss drops for just one team's skills and you can only fight them 3x a week. I've been trying to get 2 teams up to "acceptable" standards for the tower mode but it's been tough with the weekly boss materials being a huge gate. Wish the "double drop event" they had was for those drops instead of the forgery challenges that you can fight/grind at any time as much as you have stamina refills for. Or they could cut us some fucking slack and not make weekly boss drops required for stuff like basic attacks and intro/outro skills.

It's a problem that will work itself out with time, but it's annoying to constantly brush up against it in the 'early game'.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man they really copied everything about Genshin trailers, didn't they? Even the "gameplay into signature pose with splash art" bit.

Anyways, she looks good and I'll try to get her, but I feel like they need to cut us a break with how long characters take to build out, OR they shouldn't have rushed our Union level so quickly. I've been playing extremely casually, and just by doing dailies and some events I am up to Union 54. Normally it's not a big deal, but I'm stuck needing like 20+ weekly boss drops for just one team's skills and you can only fight them 3x a week. I've been trying to get 2 teams up to "acceptable" standards for the tower mode but it's been tough with the weekly boss materials being a huge gate. Wish the "double drop event" they had was for those drops instead of the forgery challenges that you can fight/grind at any time as much as you have stamina refills for. Or they could cut us some fucking slack and not make weekly boss drops required for stuff like basic attacks and intro/outro skills.

It's a problem that will work itself out with time, but it's annoying to constantly brush up against it in the 'early game'.

Yeah, in comparision, Genshin's pre-farming feels way more easy to do than this, but than again it's a 2 month game vs a 4 year old one.

Aches of growing up I would say.

I'm Union level 46 and currently I only have Jiyan and Yinlin fully built for what the game allows me to build them.

Trying to finish Mortefi next and closing down a team.

Like you said, building characters is a very slow process here, specially if you play it casually.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, in comparision, Genshin's pre-farming feels way more easy to do than this, but than again it's a 2 month game vs a 4 year old one.

Aches of growing up I would say.

I'm Union level 46 and currently I only have Jiyan and Yinlin fully built for what the game allows me to build them.

Trying to finish Mortefi next and closing down a team.

Like you said, building characters is a very slow process here, specially if you play it casually.
I guess I'm less forgiving with WuWa because they copy literally everything from Genshin, but haven't "fixed" the things that are most annoying/shouldn't have been copied. It's not even a matter of revenue or whatever because you can't pay to get more weekly boss drops or anything. Having them drop more than 2 items (3 if you're fucking insanely lucky) would have been a start. Or again, not having those materials be necessary for basic skill level ups. I mean Genshin does require boss drops for basic skills, but you're only leveling a total of 3 skills. WuWa has 5 skills you have to level and 4 extra branches for passive buffs, and all of them eventually require weekly boss shit. It's just too much. I would think it discourages people from rolling on new characters too, since there's no way an average person at my Union rank (seems easy to hit for casual day 1 players) has enough to fully max a team right now, no matter your spend level.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I guess I'm less forgiving with WuWa because they copy literally everything from Genshin, but haven't "fixed" the things that are most annoying/shouldn't have been copied. It's not even a matter of revenue or whatever because you can't pay to get more weekly boss drops or anything. Having them drop more than 2 items (3 if you're fucking insanely lucky) would have been a start. Or again, not having those materials be necessary for basic skill level ups. I mean Genshin does require boss drops for basic skills, but you're only leveling a total of 3 skills. WuWa has 5 skills you have to level and 4 extra branches for passive buffs, and all of them eventually require weekly boss shit. It's just too much. I would think it discourages people from rolling on new characters too, since there's no way an average person at my Union rank (seems easy to hit for casual day 1 players) has enough to fully max a team right now, no matter your spend level.

I would also assume that for now the process is quite slow because the game doesn't have that much content.

In their minds it's probably a way of hiding that fact and stretching the gameplay loop, in order to try and circumvent that issue.

As a casual I still have plenty to do and explore, but I'm pretty sure more hardcore people have already hit that wall. I've seen quite a couple of posts on reddit talking about that.

Pejo

I would also assume that for now the process is quite slow because the game doesn't have that much content.

In their minds it's probably a way of hiding that fact and stretching the gameplay loop, in order to try and circumvent that issue.

As a casual I still have plenty to do and explore, but I'm pretty sure more hardcore people have already hit that wall. I've seen quite a couple of posts on reddit talking about that.
Maybe this is true, but it's not like something you can actively farm, so you do your 3x run per week then sit around and you're still left with no content for the rest of the week.

I won't handwave it, it's a shitty decision. They didn't just copy it from Genshin, they copied it and made it worse on purpose.

The optimist in me hopes that the level 90 version drops 5 materials per fight minimum, but I know damn well it's gonna be like usually 3 with a 5% chance of getting a 4th.

Top Bottom