• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
WWE clearly doesn't know how to book a finish. Don't they realize one guy is supposed to go over clean, then the other guy wins on the following TV show, then they alternate clean wins over each other until the next four PPVs are through?

Nobody wants 50/50 booking. I'm coming around on the ending. Its just such a stark contrast to how that match built. It delivered overall tho.

Man, AJ is protected as fuck. It's kind of incredible tbh.

SD has a real lack of formidable heels, so this is a good way to keep KO fairly strong, too.

9nLYrLY.jpg

Bro listen... *Russo voice*

Sanjuro

I hate when great matches have fucked finishes, but I get why they did it. Atleast it was creative.

However, I think they might have just unleashed the CM Punk chants for this next match. People in the audience arent gonna be happy with that ending, and now we got a sketchy main event.

That was what most of us were talking about. This wasn't a standard great match where people are just trading finishers and waiting for the ultimate outcome. It was actually a brilliant match where both guys looked dominant and AJ lost because he got too cocky and wanted to inflict more damage.

Great match. Great finish.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why do so many of you seem to think this is being dragged out until Summerslam. We have three months and two more SD PPVs between now and then.

I think they want to elevate the US title and they know how special Owens/AJ can be. It should be a highlight match for one of the big 4.

Man, AJ is protected as fuck. It's kind of incredible tbh.

SD has a real lack of formidable heels, so this is a good way to keep KO fairly strong, too.

Yeah I thought AJ will be buried in WWE especially after his first WM match. But looks like Vince accepted that he is awesome and is booking him decently.

I think they want to elevate the US title and they know how special Owens/AJ can be. It should be a highlight match for one of the big 4.

That's too long to drag it out though. There are plenty of super talented guys on the roster you can get a highlight match out of at Summerslam.

Like Nakamura vs. Owens for example.

If there was a just world, AJ would be feuding for the World title and Luke Harper would be fighting for the US title.

Also, Rowan definitely promo'd a lot better on Talking Smack than any time I ever seen him.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
That's too long to drag it out though. There are plenty of super talented guys on the roster you can get a highlight match out of at Summerslam.

Like Nakamura vs. Owens for example.

Not really, depending on how they book it. I don't know what they are doing with the AJ leg issue, but he is 40 and he may need a little time to heal up, so he misses the June PPV. You get a team main event or gimmick match for the late July early August PPV where they are on opposite teams, but almost never in the ring together, then you have the blow off at summer slam. Use the time to push Nak and see where they want to go with Sami and Baron, and who knows what they have planned for the world title or with Rusev. It can work.

Top Bottom