• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The app is now on Xbox One.

Oh fuck yes, finally! Thanks Psykoboy2! I much prefer watching shit on the Bone since it's quiet as fuuuuck and doesn't tie up my PC. Wonder if it has achievements...

Rapstah

The Yokozuna/Undertaker match at Royal Rumble 1994 may legitimately be the worst championship match I've ever seen. What the fuck. The entire heel locker room runs in and they take 15 minutes to get Undertaker into the casket.

After the match, the Undertaker dies and goes to heaven.

DMczaf

The Yokozuna/Undertaker match at Royal Rumble 1994 may legitimately be the worst championship match I've ever seen. What the fuck. The entire heel locker room runs in and they take 15 minutes to get Undertaker into the casket.

And then Lt. Frank Drebin from Police Squad looks for him. Summer of Taker.

News:

- According to the official WWE Network FAQ, the following programming will be added in 2014:

In-Ring:
WWE Tribute to the Troops 2014

Originals:
The Monday Night War
WWE Total Divas
WWE Rivalries

Vault:
WCW Clash of the Champions
WWE Saturday Morning Slam
Rock n' Wrestling (tentative)
WWE Saturday Night's Main Event
WCW Nitro
Vault Specials

I hope Rock n' Wrestling and SNME's themes aren't dubbed over by some generic junk.

Rapstah

It's looking like there will be an Extreme Rules post-show on the Network in addition to the pre-show. The post-show is one hour. That's a bit much.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Don't forget Paul Bearer dancing around with the flashlight urn.

Kaladin

Looking back on it, yeah.....it's kind of meh, but 13 year old me enjoyed the crap out of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New shit:

Legends Of Wrestling
Andre the Giant and Iron Sheik - 2006/11/30
In Ring
Raw Replays
Episode 54 - 1994/03/07

strobogo

Banned
By the end of Summer, they should be up to mid 1995 of Raw, which means the Monday Night War should be starting, which means Nitros should be being uploaded, hopefully at the same pace as Raw has been so far. They got a years worth of Raws up in a little over 2 months.

Psykoboy2

Wonder if it has achievements...

Yep!

O6Tm3wm.png

WeexmXW.png

Didn't he have an 8 month layoff too? WTF he even missed Wrestlemania X. I wonder what the plan would have been if he was included in Mania that year

Striker

Didn't he have an 8 month layoff too? WTF he even missed Wrestlemania X. I wonder what the plan would have been if he was included in Mania that year
Came back and they did that Undertaker vs. Undertaker thing. Looking at the card, a good person to have him face at Mania 10 would have been Bam Bam.

I might start subscribing when they start putting up 1997 shows. The Austin-Hart Foundation set up was so fun to watch. Funny seeing Lawler turn sides once Bret goes heel and says he's been telling the truth the whole time.

EDIT: A short Bam Bam-Taker match from 1993; love Heenan's commentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kecNpQPRp8

Came back and they did that Undertaker vs. Undertaker thing. Looking at the card, a good person to have him face at Mania 10 would have been Bam Bam.

I might start subscribing when they start putting up 1997 shows. The Austin-Hart Foundation set up was so fun to watch. Funny seeing Lawler turn sides once Bret goes heel and says he's been telling the truth the whole time.

EDIT: A short Bam Bam-Taker match from 1993; love Heenan's commentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kecNpQPRp8

They gotta upload some old school WWF Superstars shows. They would compliment those old RAW episodes well. Solid 1 hour show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's normal release:
In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
CHANGED - Backstage Pass to Raw #1092 - 2014/04/27
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1092 - 2014/04/27
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 83 - 2014/04/28

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What would they change about a random Backstage Pass?

Editing out Undertaker's music for the dark match like that one time

*this didn't happen...this week, but even a minor edit like a camera angle or sound gets marked as CHANGED

Rapstah

Editing out Undertaker's music for the dark match like that one time

*this didn't happen...this week, but even a minor edit like a camera angle or sound gets marked as CHANGED

I guess if they're putting as much scrutiny to it as when they changed a Main Event replay to remove Roman Reigns throwing himself over a table then that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if they're putting as much scrutiny to it as when they changed a Main Event replay to remove Roman Reigns throwing himself over a table then that makes sense.

Well it is a bot someone made to detect any adjustments, so even something so small will trigger it to mark.

Good I can finally start watching RAW again. I had watched the first 2 years of RAW recently before the network launched. I can't wait to watch them all leading into the attitude era.

Rapstah

I think this is Network-related: when since the WWF -> WWE name change has WWE made new graphics for use in anything saying "WWF"? Every single PPV icon from the WWF era has had all WWF logos replaced with WWE variants, even old block logo PPVs. I know for a fact that the fake Ultimate Warrior house show poster from Self-Destruction that is also shown in the Warrior documentary has a WWF logo on it, and they show a document with a WWF logo containing proposed names for Stone Cold Steve Austin in the Steve Austin documentary which I think is faked because it only has the three names on it that he mentions in the scene where they show it.

Any more examples? I imagine it's technically illegal for them to produce graphics with a WWF logo on it now, but before they settled in 2011 or 2012 they may actually have been allowed to use the block logo.

Rapstah

It's crazy how they cut together interviews from a span of ten years to make some sort of sense together in these Countdown episodes. They have Jeff Hardy interview footage in here from 2007 back-to-back with Dean Ambrose footage shot this year.

Top Bottom