• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

krae_man

I don't know how the PPV figures looked like in the past. Does Wrestlemania draw that many more viewers than the Survivor Series or Royal Rumble? Growing up, those two were always the must watch ones for me on PPV. I'd rent Wrestlemania when I was a kid if I didn't have another friend already getting it on PPV at their place.

Those anecdotes of mine mean nothing, just wondering. Some wrestlemanias were definitely must watches depending on the card, but I always loved the gimmick of survivor series and Royal Rumble.

Wrestlemania does tons more domestic buys like 800k vs Summerslam, Rumble, Survivor Series are lucky if they break 300k.

bigkrev

I don't know how the PPV figures looked like in the past. Does Wrestlemania draw that many more viewers than the Survivor Series or Royal Rumble? Growing up, those two were always the must watch ones for me on PPV. I'd rent Wrestlemania when I was a kid if I didn't have another friend already getting it on PPV at their place.

Those anecdotes of mine mean nothing, just wondering. Some wrestlemanias were definitely must watches depending on the card, but I always loved the gimmick of survivor series and Royal Rumble.

Wrestlemania normally does 3x the viewers of Summerslam and at least double the Royal Rumble

blurrygil

Ahh, I guess Wrestlemania really is a happening. /Gorilla Monsoon

"IT'S PANDEMONIUM...!!!!!"

tve74499-19901122-1877.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

In Ring
Raw Backstage Pass
CHANGED - Backstage Pass to Raw #1090 - 2014/04/13
Uncategorized
CHANGED - Pre-Show to Raw #1090 - 2014/04/13
Wwe Main Event Replays
CHANGED - Episode 81 - 2014/04/14
Original
Original Specials
WM Rewind: Warrior vs. Hogan - 2014/04/15
Uncategorized
The Boys Are Back - 2014/04/16
Search Only
Smackdown
Episode 199 - 2003/06/12

Aiii

So not worth it
This Ultimate Warrior documentary. Geez man, right in the feels.

It's so weird seeing a man's last days on earth. But it's bittersweet since he was so happy. You can see he's constantly all red, sweating and gassed. The signs were there man, if only someone saw them as such :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Original
Original Specials
Warrior: The Ultimate Legend - 2014/04/16

Jamie OD

Vault
Ecw Hardcore Tv
#72 - 1994/08/29
For those who haven't seen it this is the episode with the Sandman Vs Dreamer Singapore Cane match, Shane Douglas winning and rejecting the NWA Title and ECW officially becoming Extreme Championship Wrestling. Interesting to watch for historical purposes if nothing else.

Fox Mulder

For those who haven't seen it this is the episode with the Sandman Vs Dreamer Singapore Cane match, Shane Douglas winning and rejecting the NWA Title and ECW officially becoming Extreme Championship Wrestling. Interesting to watch for historical purposes if nothing else.

cool, they had one streaming where they talked about the title bracket and I knew Douglas won and ECW did all that. Will be fun to watch though.

PaulLFC

Did anyone watch Legends House? Hopefully it's good, I've only just started watching it but I did notice they seem to have blurred all the WWF logos for some reason even with being able to use them now.

I know it was filmed a while ago, but I'm surprised they don't have a non-blurred version somewhere that they could upload.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Good call, I will check this one out. Been kinda avoiding ECW for a while just because it feels like a big undertaking.

Did anyone watch Legends House? Hopefully it's good, I've only just started watching it but I did notice they seem to have blurred all the WWF logos for some reason even with being able to use them now.

I know it was filmed a while ago, but I'm surprised they don't have a non-blurred version somewhere that they could upload.

if I remember correctly someone mentioned they are not allowed to use the WWF logos on any new footage which Legends House would be. They are allowed to use it on already shot footage though!

if I remember correctly someone mentioned they are not allowed to use the WWF logos on any new footage which Legends House would be. They are allowed to use it on already shot footage though!

They can use it on new footage as long as it's only used when showing old material. You can't say "WWF" in reference to something today but it's okay if it's archived footage. It's blurred on Legends House because the whole season was filmed back when they still had to blur and censor everything. They obviously didn't care enough to re-edit everything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today's update:

Vault
Wccw
#71 - 1983/04/29
Old School
MSG 10/20/86 - 1986/10/20
Original
Original Specials
Legends of WrestleMania: Warrior - 2014/04/17
In Ring
Raw Replays
City of Vipers - 2014/02/09
Follow the Buzzards...To WM - 2014/02/16
Wwe Superstars
Episode 262 - 2014/04/19
Search Only
RAW
Episode 45 - 1993/12/27

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Minor update

Raw Replays
Episode 154 - 1996/04/08
Smackdown Replays
Friday Night Smackdown - 2007/05/10

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What could have possibly happened on Smackdown in 2007 making that episode worth putting up?

The Undertaker puts his World Title on the line against batista in a steel cage match. Will money in the bank winner, edge, cash in?

I guess this was up before anyway, as I watched some of it. Derp! Maybe there is no update.

What could have possibly happened on Smackdown in 2007 making that episode worth putting up?

Edge cashes in Money In The Bank to win the World Title from The Undertaker after his cage match with Batista.

It was supposed to be Mr. Kennedy cashing in to win the title, but something hilarious happened. He suffered an arm injury over the weekend everyone thought was mega serious because of the swelling. They went to a local doctor and he said it was definitely a torn triceps, which is a huge injury. The next Raw, they did a hotshot angle where Edge won the briefcase from Kennedy, taking Kennedy's spot to win the title on Smackdown.

Turned out Kennedy had no arm injury at all and just had a really hard bruise on his arm. He was back within 2-3 weeks and never sniffed the title again.

geomon

Edge cashes in Money In The Bank to win the World Title from The Undertaker after his cage match with Batista.

It was supposed to be Mr. Kennedy cashing in to win the title, but something hilarious happened. He suffered an arm injury over the weekend everyone thought was mega serious because of the swelling. They went to a local doctor and he said it was definitely a torn triceps, which is a huge injury. The next Raw, they did a hotshot angle where Edge won the briefcase from Kennedy, taking Kennedy's spot to win the title on Smackdown.

Turned out Kennedy had no arm injury at all and just had a really hard bruise on his arm. He was back within 2-3 weeks and never sniffed the title again.

See? Sometimes things just work out for the better.

On that April 8, 1996 Raw:

-- Vader vs. Yokozuna (which ends with Vader snapping Yoko's leg, requiring Yoko to be taken out on a forklift)
-- Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
-- Ahmed Johnson vs. British Bulldog in an arm wrestling match
-- Shawn Michaels makes his first WWF Title defense against Jerry "The King" Lawler

Also, Ultimate Warrior does his first interview since coming back to the WWF and they announce he will face Goldust for the Intercontinental Championship at the next PPV.

Watched the Warrior doc this weekend and loved it. Here are some cliffs

-Warrior didn't really get into his side of his firing at 91 Summerslam. Wish he would have explained some things

-Mentioned briefly about the steroid scandal at the end of his 2nd run

-Didn't know that they were going to put the strap BACK on Warrior during his second run. I guess that is why WWF had Bret Hart take the title from Ric Flair randomly. They were building Warrior up to take the strap from Flair I take it.

BFIB

Watched the Warrior documentary as well. Found it funny there was zero mention of his brief run around WM12 when he beat HHH in around a minute.

DMczaf

Did any of you watch the Warrior Roundtable? Pretty decent compared to the Wrestlemania one. Not having Cole as the host helped a lot. They had Josh Matthews host, but I still think the host needs to be an old timer. The panel was M$M, Booker T and Sgt. Slaughter. Kinda weird to have 2 guys who had bad blood with him, and someone who never even worked with him lol. Still, not bad.

M$M mentions that he wanted to talk to Warrior during the weekend, but didn't want to ruin Warrior's weekend with any negativitiy, so he never did. :\

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did any of you watch the Warrior Roundtable? Pretty decent compared to the Wrestlemania one. Not having Cole as the host helped a lot. They had Josh Matthews host, but I still think the host needs to be an old timer. The panel was M$M, Booker T and Sgt. Slaughter. Kinda weird to have 2 guys who had bad blood with him, and someone who never even worked with him lol. Still, not bad.

M$M mentions that he wanted to talk to Warrior during the weekend, but didn't want to ruin Warrior's weekend with any negativitiy, so he never did. :\

I haven't spent time watching it yet but that's good to hear it's better than the Mania roundtable.

DMczaf

I haven't spent time watching it yet but that's good to hear it's better than the Mania roundtable.

It still doesn't feel as loose and real as the original Roundtables, but Slaughter and M$M bring some realness to the program. Booker T and Josh are just there to be there.

They also talk about finding out that weekend how close Warrior actually was to the McMahons. No one knew about Warrior's connection to the family, so it came as a shock to everyone during Warrior's HOF speech.

Sanjuro

Is the Warrior documentary on the WWE Network?

...or are we talking about the four part thing?

I guess I'm confused. I knew they had a new Blu Ray coming out. I'm not sure what is what I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Updates today:
This Week In Wwe
Episode 273 - 2014/04/18
Slam City
Hot Enough for Ya? - 2014/04/20
Perky the Penguin - 2014/04/20

Slam City sucks but some of you like it so... :p

Watching No Mercy '99, and it still holds up.

Any recommendations on some bad PPVs to watch? I've got an urge to watch a trainwreck, especially if it's from WCW.

rhoq

Is the Warrior documentary on the WWE Network?

...or are we talking about the four part thing?

I guess I'm confused. I knew they had a new Blu Ray coming out. I'm not sure what is what I guess.

The Warrior documentary was part 3 of "Warrior Week". It is titled Warrior: The Ultimate Legend. It runs approximately 60 mins and contains new interviews with Warrior done when he visited WWE HQ in mid-March 2014 and over WrestleMania 30 weekend (including RAW on April 7th). Most of the the other interviews with various superstars were done following Warrior's death. This is completely separate from the Blu-ray that was released a few weeks ago.

I really want to see this one get a full-length Blu-ray release this documentary deserves more than the hour they allotted for it on the network.

Carnby

Is the presentation anything remotely like the original episodes. I couldn't stand the WrestleMania 30 episode.

Sanjuro

The Warrior documentary was part 3 of "Warrior Week". It is titled Warrior: The Ultimate Legend. It runs approximately 60 mins and contains new interviews with Warrior done when he visited WWE HQ in mid-March 2014 and over WrestleMania 30 weekend (including RAW on April 7th). Most of the the other interviews with various superstars were done following Warrior's death. This is completely separate from the Blu-ray that was released a few weeks ago.

I really want to see this one get a full-length Blu-ray release this documentary deserves more than the hour they allotted for it on the network.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

I saw this first part of the Warrior week, need to finish it up.

rhoq

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

I saw this first part of the Warrior week, need to finish it up.

No problem. It really is an excellent doc. It was so great to see him so happy during the last few days of his life. It is a beautiful piece. Vince cries during his interview. HHH gets choked up. I cried. It may make you cry.

Top Bottom